how to decode any GM radio

S P

Dec 14, 2004, 12:28:09 PM12/14/04
This should probably be a sticky since it's hard to find info. My radio
locked out due to having to disconnect the battery. I called every dealer
and they were all being dicks, wanting $50 to get the code. So I kept
searching the Web and eventually found out how to decode any GM radio, yes,
this really works.

1) Press the 2 & 3 numbers on your radio at the same time for about 10
seconds; a 3 digit code will come up

2) Press the am/fm button for about 10 seconds; another code will appear

3) Write those numbers down in that order

4) Dial 1-800-537-5140 and enter 202107 followed by the * sign

5) Enter the 6 digit code from your radio followed by an *

6) The phone number will give you a 3 or 4 digit override code, enter this
code into your radio just as your owners manual tells you to

NOTE, if the code you get back starts with a 0, drop the zero from the code.
So if you get 0123, your code would be 123. Hope this helps out a lot of
people and screws the dealers!

SgtSilicon

Dec 14, 2004, 10:06:11 PM12/14/04
Everything in usenet is "sticky" unless the no archive flag is set.
Sticky is for web forums.