Memorial Day

Roy

May 29, 2005, 9:25:56 AM5/29/05
Everybody enjoy the day!

Those of you that have been there and done that, thank you and welcome home
bro's.

Roy

Denny

May 29, 2005, 10:45:42 AM5/29/05

"Roy" <R...@home.net> wrote in message
Did you decide on the size of pond that you're putting in??? <G>

Today is gonna be a tomato planting/yard mowing/weed whacking day in my
world. And maybe if I'm lucky I may get done in time to plink a few hogs.
Have fun everybody..

Denny

azwiley1

May 29, 2005, 12:41:06 PM5/29/05
No, Freedom Isn't Free

I hear the sound of taps one night, When everything was still,
I listened to the bugler play, And felt a sudden chill.
I wondered just how many times, That taps had meant "Amen,"
When a flag draped a coffin, of a brother or a friend.
I thought of all the children, Of the mothers and the wives,
Of the fathers, sons and husbands, With interrupted lives.
I thought about a graveyard, At the bottom of the sea,
Of unmarked graves in Arlington. No, freedom isn't free.

-Anonymous

"Denny" <wdd...@woh.rr.com> wrote in message

Henry

May 29, 2005, 1:48:42 PM5/29/05
Dang, must be small hogs.

Henry
Viet 69

Denny

May 29, 2005, 2:19:50 PM5/29/05

"Henry" <no...@nowhere.net> wrote in message

> Dang, must be small hogs.
>
> Henry
> Viet 69

Groundhogs that eat soybeans must be plinked...

Denny

Roy

May 29, 2005, 2:38:07 PM5/29/05

"Denny" <wdd...@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
Go get'em Carlos!!

Roy

Roy

May 29, 2005, 2:43:22 PM5/29/05

"Denny" <wdd...@woh.rr.com> wrote in message

> "Roy" <R...@home.net> wrote in message
>> Everybody enjoy the day!
>>
>> Those of you that have been there and done that, thank you and welcome
>> home bro's.
>>
>> Roy
>>
> Did you decide on the size of pond that you're putting in??? <G>

Looks like it will seat 6 or 7. Or in your case it would be a 2 person.
While I have your attention, I answered the email you sent on the 19th about
the stuff in your eye. Did you get it or are you being ignorant? <VBG>

> Today is gonna be a tomato planting/yard mowing/weed whacking day in my
> world. And maybe if I'm lucky I may get done in time to plink a few hogs.

What kind and how big?

Roy

TranSurgeon

May 29, 2005, 3:10:29 PM5/29/05

"Denny" <wdd...@woh.rr.com> wrote in message

We had a neighbor that literally worried himself into a heart attack over
that

This guy had rifle mounts on all his tractors..............

Denny

May 29, 2005, 3:46:27 PM5/29/05

"TranSurgeon" <nobul...@mchsi.dotcom> wrote in message

> This guy had rifle mounts on all his tractors..............

Don't all tractors have spring clips in the cab??

Denny

TranSurgeon

May 29, 2005, 3:49:42 PM5/29/05
on a WD-45 and a D-17 ?

"Denny" <wdd...@woh.rr.com> wrote in message

Denny

May 29, 2005, 3:53:47 PM5/29/05

> "Denny" <wdd...@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Roy" <R...@home.net> wrote in message
>>> Everybody enjoy the day!
>>>
>>> Those of you that have been there and done that, thank you and welcome
>>> home bro's.
>>>
>>> Roy
>>>
>> Did you decide on the size of pond that you're putting in??? <G>
>
> Looks like it will seat 6 or 7. Or in your case it would be a 2 person.
> While I have your attention, I answered the email you sent on the 19th
> about the stuff in your eye. Did you get it or are you being ignorant?
> <VBG>

I just went back and looked in the inbox and the deleted files just to see
if I got rid of it by mistake. I don't see where I got anything from you..
Old age setting in???

>> Today is gonna be a tomato planting/yard mowing/weed whacking day in my
>> world. And maybe if I'm lucky I may get done in time to plink a few hogs.
>
> What kind and how big?

ground and if they walk, they can be plinked.

Denny

> Roy

Denny

May 29, 2005, 3:56:39 PM5/29/05

> on a WD-45 and a D-17 ?

Ok-Ok They hadn't invented the rifle yet when those ole Allis's were in
use.. <G>

I saw your link about the Beartooth. That sucks

Denny

TranSurgeon

May 29, 2005, 5:23:57 PM5/29/05

> I saw your link about the Beartooth. That sucks

yeah, my old HS buddy Doug and I were gonna start out in Denver, drive up to
Red Lodge, do the Beartooth, then YNP and out the N Entrance, then spend a
few days re-tracing L&C's route across the mountains, from near present-day
Dillon Mt, across the Lemhi's to the Salmon River, then across the Lost
Trail Pass, then over the Lolo Pass to the Columbia watershed

shit..........the BT is such a great drive; now we'll have to go thru
f*cking Cody ('little Jackson') and over the Chief Joseph, might take a
dead-end run up to the top of the BT just for grins, if they even open the
western side this year

Denny

May 29, 2005, 6:21:58 PM5/29/05

> "Denny" <wdd...@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
>>

>> I saw your link about the Beartooth. That sucks
>>

> yeah, my old HS buddy Doug and I were gonna start out in Denver, drive up
> Red Lodge, do the Beartooth, then YNP and out the N Entrance, then spend a
> few days re-tracing L&C's route across the mountains, from near
> present-day
> Dillon Mt, across the Lemhi's to the Salmon River, then across the Lost
> Trail Pass, then over the Lolo Pass to the Columbia watershed

Sounds awesome..

> shit..........the BT is such a great drive; now we'll have to go thru
> f*cking Cody ('little Jackson') and over the Chief Joseph, might take a
> dead-end run up to the top of the BT just for grins, if they even open the
> western side this year

The museum in Cody is awesome. The first time we stopped there, I spent 4-5
hours following the family thru the arts side--bored as hell and damned near
took a nap on a bench.I didn't notice the other side till we was walking
out. The next day I spent the 4-5 hours going thru the good side and who
knows where all the women went. What really gets me is when I get talking
and find out how many relocated easterners are out there.The first year we
went west, we stopped for a week in the Big Horns. The guy that owned the
place we stayed at was from Cleveland. I run into that alot out there.

Denny

Mike Simmons

May 29, 2005, 10:07:48 PM5/29/05

"Roy" <R...@home.net> wrote in message
Amen!

God Bless Our Troops, past and present!

Semper Fi!

Mike

mac davis

May 31, 2005, 11:33:37 AM5/31/05

Back at ya bro...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

mac davis

May 31, 2005, 11:40:12 AM5/31/05
On Sun, 29 May 2005 09:41:06 -0700, "azwiley1" <azwi...@cox.net> wrote:

Larry.. since you threw that in, I gotta do my favorite:

"The statesmen stand, and prattle on
Ten Thousand miles from here.

They cannot feel the bullets,
They cannot taste the fear.

They contemplate, negotiate
and Tally up the score.

While my brothers die like candles
in the wind of senseless war."

Harry Foxwell, Sgt. U.S. Army (Ret.)
1st Infantry Div. Charlie Company
Republic of Vietnam

mac

donbeachler1

Jan 19, 2023, 11:45:05 PM1/19/23
Is this an excerpt? Mr Foxwell was my high school teacher....post vietnam.

--
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/dodge_trucks/memorial-day-2219-.htm