Mass Air Flow Sensor Assy for 1990 Plymouth Laser

Guv Bob

Feb 1, 2012, 11:15:25 PM2/1/12
There's no Plymouth newsgroup, so I'm hoping someone here might know about this.....

Anyone know where to find a working used mass air flow transmitter for 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon or Plymouth Laser, DOHC non-turbo?

Here's the sensor:
http://tinyurl.com/MassAirFlowSensor-90-Eclipse

The new part is $650 new from the dealer. Rebuilt is available online and at the local parts stores for $450. Still quite a bit of $$ for me. So far local junk yards don't have one.

Before I shell out that kind of money for this old car, I'll take a stab at rebuilding it myself, but can't find much info about that either.

Anyone have any tips on rebuilding one of these or know anyone who can do it for less than $200?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Guv Bob

Feb 2, 2012, 2:20:01 AM2/2/12
Here's a bunch of photos of the assy out of the car:
http://imageshack.us/g/513/gedc0177.jpg/

Looks like I need un-solder the connections on each side before I can open it and access the sensor.