Can a 6'4" guy fit in a Z3?

Scott

Jul 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/14/00
I love the BMW Z3, I think it’s a pretty nifty looking car. But my curse is
that I'm 6 foot 4 inches tall. My legs are fairly short for my size (I wear 32
inch pants.) I'm about to look into a new car and I was wondering if any of you
knew if I might fit. If I wouldn't normally fit, is there anything special I
could do? Pull out the seat and move it back perhaps? Can you get a special
build?
Thanks!
-Scott

Jens Hütter

Jul 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/14/00

"Scott" <Scott_...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

I have had the same prob. I am 195cm tall and I can't
drive the Z3 cause the front glas and everything in this
car was to small for me. Your legs
and your head have not enough free space in this small
car. I am driving a mercedes slk now. There I have
enough space, it is small but for me it is just enough.
I think you won't drive the Z3, SLK, Mazda Mx5 or
an Porsche. Try another car or cabrio, the best is if
you look for an cabrio with 4 seats cause there you
most will have enough space for your legs.

best,
J.Hütter

Alex Lu

Jul 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/14/00
How about trying the new 323Ci Convertible?

"Jens Hütter" <no...@noahcrew.de> wrote in message

Patrick Moore

Jul 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/14/00

Alex Lu wrote:

> How about trying the new 323Ci Convertible?
>
> "Jens Hütter" <no...@noahcrew.de> wrote in message

Ive also heeard there might be an M3 cabrio...

Jens Hütter

Jul 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/14/00

"Patrick Moore" <war...@dcsi.net> wrote in message

Perhaps that'll big enough. First I would ask on
wich car the M3 will be build up and then
I would check the car space.
Good luck.

best,
Jens

Ernst Ottenbacher

Jul 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/14/00
Maybe it is possible to take place in the rear of the M3 leaving the
drivers seat outside.
I´m about 6´6" and got me a E38. Now I have to pull the seat forward to
reach the pedals :-))

Regards
Ernst
--
"Die Damen und Herren auf dem Platz..."
(Otto Schily im DLF zum Abschneiden der Deutschen Fussballelf bei der EM

Dru Abrams

Jul 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/14/00
I'm 6'3 with a 34 inseam. My torso if definately pretty long and it sound like your is quite a bit longer. I fit fine in my 6. Any 7
series is fine too. The 318ti was surprisingly roomy for me especially in contrast to the 5 series which actually has quite a bit less leg
and head room all around. I don't know how...but that's the way it is. I found the 3 wagon acceptably roomy, but it still has no where
near the front head room or overall spaciousness of my 6. Good luck.
dru.vcf

Robert Rasetina

Jul 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/15/00
Scott wrote:

> I love the BMW Z3, I think it’s a pretty nifty looking car. But my curse is that
> I'm 6 foot 4 inches tall. My legs are fairly short for my size (I wear 32 inch
> pants.) I'm about to look into a new car and I was wondering if any of you knew
> if I might fit. If I wouldn't normally fit, is there anything special I could
> do? Pull out the seat and move it back perhaps? Can you get a special build?

I'm 187cm tall and I don't fit in a Z3 very well. When the roof is down, the wind
(and noise) is too strong above 80 km/h, half of my head is above the windscreen and
I don't think this would work. 3-series cabrio is much better.
--
....l8r....Roby....

Dave May

Jul 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/15/00
NO!!!!

--
Dave May
mailto:dma...@earthlink.net

"Scott" <Scott_...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

> I love the BMW Z3, I think it’s a pretty nifty looking car. But my curse
is
> that I'm 6 foot 4 inches tall. My legs are fairly short for my size (I
wear 32
> inch pants.) I'm about to look into a new car and I was wondering if any
of you
> knew if I might fit. If I wouldn't normally fit, is there anything
special I
> could do? Pull out the seat and move it back perhaps? Can you get a
special
> build?

> Thanks!
> -Scott

David F

Jul 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/17/00
You will have problems. With the top down, bugs will die on your forehead.

Scott Bellows

Jul 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/18/00
I don't know about the size of the z3, but I do know that each city with
an NBA team has someone who customizes expensive cars for really tall
guys. Askthe BMW dealer who's it in your area.