Fuel filter on SL600 ???

SW

Dec 6, 2004, 4:57:41 PM12/6/04
HI, When I step down on the gas, at first there is a series of low humming
(whirrr whirrrr whirrrr) noise coming from the rear, maybe the gas tank. I
see in another post this could be the fuel pump. Is my fuel pump back there
and could the cause for the whirrrr be because the fuel filter is blocked?
Where IS my fuel filter? Nothing on this car is where it should be by
tradition in a car.
Thanks

Tiger

Dec 24, 2004, 5:29:31 PM12/24/04
Fuel pump are always located near the gas tank... so slight hum is normal.

Troy

Jul 23, 2022, 12:31:12 AM7/23/22
Wondering if you figured out the problem as I seem to having the same problem. Mostly when my tank falls below 1/3.

--
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/mercedes/fuel-filter-on-sl600-20845-.htm