Stretched Out Galaxy

Andrew

Apr 26, 2016, 9:34:10 AM4/26/16
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1604/ngc6872_EsoSchmidt_2043.jpg

Do you think anyone lives there?

"For thus saith the Lord that created
the heavens. . . He created it not in
vain, He formed it to be inhabited."
~ Isaiah 45:18

Gordon

Apr 26, 2016, 3:04:03 PM4/26/16
On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 02:12:49 +0800, Peter Pan wrote:

>"Andrew" <andrew....@usa.net> wrote:
>
>> http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1604/ngc6872_EsoSchmidt_2043.jpg
>>
>> Do you think anyone lives there?
>
>The Awesome Purple Unicorn established colonies of
>awesome pink unicornettes on some of the suburban planets
>there. He visits & consorts whenever He gets, uhmm,
>horny.
>
>> "For thus saith the Lord that created
>> the heavens. . . He created it not in
>> vain, He formed it to be inhabited."
>> ~ Isaiah 45:18
>
>The APU didn't repeat the mistake He made with earth, of
>sending a parade of dimwit middleman "prophets". He
>appeals directly to the Unicornettes. They really dig
>it. "Faith" is optional.

Do you suppose Lucifer/Satan might be leading you down this channel of
thinking? Sure seems like it, to me. Gordon

nature bats last

Apr 26, 2016, 3:33:14 PM4/26/16
Misleadingly quote mining the Bible now -- I'd say I'm startled, but
then it's hardly the first time, is it?

"For thus says the LORD that created the heavens;
God himself that formed the earth and made it; he has established it,
he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited:
I am the LORD; and there is none else. "

And incidentally:

"When observed in the ultraviolet and mid-infrared, the
central region and bar of NGC 6872 show old stars and
low rates of star formation, with rates increasing
along the spiral arms as distance from the core
increases. The most active region of star formation,
located in the northeast arm, shows a stellar flux
around 1,000 times higher than in the central region,
though this may be affected by the density of stellar
dust in the core. The extended portions of both arms
exhibit young star cluster formations with ages ranging
from one to one hundred million years. Star formation
rates in the northeast extended arm are twice that of
the southwest extended arm, and five times the
formation rate in the sections of the arms closer to
the central region."

-- Wikipedia

Seth

Cloud Hobbit

Apr 26, 2016, 3:45:21 PM4/26/16
On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 6:34:10 AM UTC-7, Andrew wrote:
snip of biblical quote nobody cares about

Possibly somebody or something lives in the vastness of our galaxy, but there's no what to know for sure yet.

Given that our galaxy is a speck compared to the rest of the universe, it seems even more likely that there might be life out there somewhere, but until we have better ways to explore, there's no way to know.

bil...@m.nu

Apr 26, 2016, 3:59:23 PM4/26/16
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 06:34:06 -0700, "Andrew" <andrew....@usa.net>
wrote:
LOL listen to the theist talk about life elsewhere. When he knows that
when life is found it is just further proof that his fairies dont
exist....

Gordon

Apr 26, 2016, 5:53:01 PM4/26/16
Maybe God has more than one project going on in this universe. Gordon

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 26, 2016, 8:07:33 PM4/26/16
In article <6novhb9d5ttja4ifj...@4ax.com>,
Oh, look who's back. Hello, stupid loon.

--

JD

Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream
up a God superior to themselves. Most
Gods have the manners and morals of a
spoiled child.

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 26, 2016, 8:09:32 PM4/26/16
In article <dqevhbpqbrh5v4612...@4ax.com>,
How can a fictional character lead anybody in the real world down any
channel?

mr....@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2016, 8:19:31 PM4/26/16
Gordon
Maybe God has more than one project going on in this universe. Gordon
------------

Well Gordon, if he does, they're not getting into heaven. Why? Because they didn't accept Jesus as their personal savior.

Sucks to be an alien I guess.

But it's into the lake of fire they go! His wonders to behold!

Ted&Alice

Apr 26, 2016, 9:24:06 PM4/26/16
Have you read "Out of the Silent Planet" by CS Lewis?

Ted&Alice

Apr 26, 2016, 9:24:06 PM4/26/16
Then why isn't there life on any of the other planets?

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 26, 2016, 10:27:39 PM4/26/16
In article
<201270550483412765.1741...@news.alt.net>,
How do you know there isn't?

Olrik

Apr 26, 2016, 11:41:20 PM4/26/16
Le 2016-04-26 22:27, Jeanne Douglas a écrit :
> In article
> <201270550483412765.1741...@news.alt.net>,
> Ted&Alice <ted.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Andrew" <andrew....@usa.net> wrote:
>>> http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1604/ngc6872_EsoSchmidt_2043.jpg
>>>
>>> Do you think anyone lives there?
>>>
>>> "For thus saith the Lord that created
>>> the heavens. . . He created it not in
>>> vain, He formed it to be inhabited."
>>> ~ Isaiah 45:18
>>
>> Then why isn't there life on any of the other planets?
>

> How do you know there isn't?

I think what Ted&Alice meant is that life on other planets should be
obvious, based on the quote. But as we know, we don't have yet evidence
of life on planets in our solar system.

--
Olrik
aa #1981

Olrik

Apr 26, 2016, 11:48:13 PM4/26/16
And maybe it does not.

Maybe you're a serial killer.

Olrik

Apr 26, 2016, 11:52:59 PM4/26/16
Maybe you're its puppet. Who knows?

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 27, 2016, 12:34:59 AM4/27/16
In article <nfpcsb$goq$4...@dont-email.me>, Olrik <olri...@gmail.com>
wrote:
A valid question.

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 27, 2016, 12:35:24 AM4/27/16
In article <nfpc6f$g6c$1...@dont-email.me>, Olrik <olri...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Okay.

Olrik

Apr 27, 2016, 12:52:59 AM4/27/16
Le 2016-04-27 00:34, Jeanne Douglas a écrit :
> In article <nfpcsb$goq$4...@dont-email.me>, Olrik <olri...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> Do you suppose Lucifer/Satan might be leading you down this channel of
>>> thinking? Sure seems like it, to me. Gordon
>>>

>> Maybe you're its puppet. Who knows?
>
> A valid question.

Indeed. As "satan" is the "great deceiver", we're in no position to
decide which post is from "satan". Their argument about "satan" pretty
much destroys their whole beliefs!

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 27, 2016, 7:32:26 AM4/27/16
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 14:03:54 -0500, Gordon <gord...@swbell.net>
wrote:
What kind of fucking moron asks this kind of stupid question in an
atheist group?

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 27, 2016, 12:49:21 PM4/27/16
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 16:52:53 -0500, Gordon <gord...@swbell.net>
WHAT FUCKING GOD outside your religion, imbecile who knows perfectly
well that atheists aren't Christians?

nature bats last

Apr 27, 2016, 1:27:04 PM4/27/16
On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 2:53:01 PM UTC-7, Gordon wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 14:59:13 -0500, bil...@m.nu wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 06:34:06 -0700, "Andrew" <andrew....@usa.net>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1604/ngc6872_EsoSchmidt_2043.jpg
> >>
> >>Do you think anyone lives there?
> >>

> >LOL listen to the theist talk about life elsewhere. When he knows that
> >when life is found it is just further proof that his fairies dont
> >exist....

.> Maybe God has more than one project going on in this universe. Gordon

Here's a rather cute fundamentalist counter-argument to that.
It basically boils down to "Why should other intelligences
suffer just because we fucked up?"

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c012.html

Seth

Gordon

Apr 28, 2016, 10:28:35 PM4/28/16
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 21:35:22 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
<hlwd...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

>In article <nfpc6f$g6c$1...@dont-email.me>, Olrik <olri...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Le 2016-04-26 22:27, Jeanne Douglas a écrit :
>> > In article
>> > <201270550483412765.1741...@news.alt.net>,

>> > How do you know there isn't?
>>
>> I think what Ted&Alice meant is that life on other planets should be
>> obvious, based on the quote. But as we know, we don't have yet evidence
>> of life on planets in our solar system.
>
>Okay.

One key point in this is that detecting life on planets outside our
solar system would be restricted to detecting their radio signals.
But, how long in any human-like life form would radio signals be
produced? It seems that those beings on other planets would start
releasing radio frequency signals after they had matured to a rather
sophisticated level. Then they might cease to waste their energy
resources in this manner after they discovered and perfected other
means for communication that didn't waste a lot of energy by radiating
it into space. There might be many planets with some life forms that
do not radiate any such signals and those that do or did would do so
only for a very short blink of time during their social/cultural
development process. Gordon

nature bats last

Apr 28, 2016, 11:22:42 PM4/28/16
On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 7:28:35 PM UTC-7, Gordon wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 21:35:22 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
> <hlwd...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <nfpc6f$g6c$1...@dont-email.me>, Olrik <olri...@gmail.com>
> >wrote:

> >> I think what Ted&Alice meant is that life on other planets should be
> >> obvious, based on the quote. But as we know, we don't have yet evidence
> >> of life on planets in our solar system.
> >
> >Okay.

.> One key point in this is that detecting life on planets outside our
.> solar system would be restricted to detecting their radio signals.
.> But, how long in any human-like life form would radio signals be
.> produced? It seems that those beings on other planets would start
.> releasing radio frequency signals after they had matured to a rather
.> sophisticated level. Then they might cease to waste their energy
.> resources in this manner after they discovered and perfected other
.> means for communication that didn't waste a lot of energy by radiating
.> it into space. There might be many planets with some life forms that
.> do not radiate any such signals and those that do or did would do so
.> only for a very short blink of time during their social/cultural
.> development process. Gordon

Quite true, which is why people in the field are starting to
talk about things like looking for evidence in atmosphereic
compositions, as well as some other ideas.

And of course there's always the Dyson sphere.

Seth

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 29, 2016, 2:39:14 AM4/29/16
In article <rah5ib9oi3q6vfv6c...@4ax.com>,
Wow. Gordie actually said something that makes sense. Good for you. If
you did it once, you can do it again.

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 29, 2016, 2:40:07 AM4/29/16
In article <c994a26d-9716-4f29...@googlegroups.com>,
Yep.

I really need to re-read "Ringworld" (and the other books in the series
for the first time).

Gordon

Apr 29, 2016, 8:13:58 AM4/29/16
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 23:39:11 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
Jeanne, it's your turn, now. Give it a try. I'll bet you can do it!

Smiler

Apr 29, 2016, 12:55:11 PM4/29/16
Makes one wonder where he C&P it from.

--
Smiler, The godless one.
aa #2279

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 29, 2016, 1:37:55 PM4/29/16
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 23:40:04 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
Timothy Zahn's "Spineret" features a Dyson sphere

Kurt Kurt

Apr 29, 2016, 1:39:16 PM4/29/16
We are the first intelligent life in the Galaxy. If not, they would already be here. We will be everywhere in the Galaxy in 100,000 years, a blink of an eye to the age of the Galaxy.

Seems life is common though, the way it instantly showed up on Earth. If we don't find it on the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, in the next 20 years, with all that water, than for some strange reason, life is very rare too.

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 29, 2016, 1:39:33 PM4/29/16
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 07:13:46 -0500, Gordon <gord...@swbell.net>
wrote:
Unlike Gordon the moron, pretty well everything Jeanne says (and most
of theother atheist regulars here) makes sense.

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 29, 2016, 6:24:55 PM4/29/16
In article <ng03lb$a41$2...@gioia.aioe.org>, Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
wrote:
Yeah. But even if that's what it was, he had to recognize its value.

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 29, 2016, 6:25:11 PM4/29/16
In article <jtj6ib1e9bd1gvhsj...@4ax.com>,
Did you really think that would work?

Gordon

Apr 29, 2016, 8:09:44 PM4/29/16
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 15:25:09 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
Yes, I think it would work. You seem to be very intelligent, although
severely biased in some of your thinking. My wife is somewhat the same
way but overall, she is a very nice person. Gordon

Gordon

Apr 29, 2016, 8:13:57 PM4/29/16
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 15:24:53 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
I am a physicist, retired from the Aero Space Industry. I worked at
Cape Canaveral/Kennedy designing and setting up the tracking ship
navigation systems. I'm have a very good understanding of the way
the universe is put together and how it works. Them wuz the good ole
days, in colloquial vernacular. Gordon

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 29, 2016, 8:21:31 PM4/29/16
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 19:09:31 -0500, Gordon <gord...@swbell.net>
wrote:
Where's the bias you are peojecting, pathological liar?

Kurt Kurt

Apr 29, 2016, 8:28:03 PM4/29/16
Actually, the Galaxy is a sphere, not the flat disc you see in pictures. The Dark Matter is in the shape of a sphere, and it is the vast majority of the mass.

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 29, 2016, 11:43:02 PM4/29/16
In article <6rt7ibl9js08ppad9...@4ax.com>,
Yes, I am definitely biased. Biased in favor of facts and evidence. And
biased against believing fantasies are real.

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 29, 2016, 11:43:44 PM4/29/16
In article <out7ibldh7qs43bdt...@4ax.com>,
Then why do you spew so much religious garbage?

Gordon

Apr 30, 2016, 8:17:01 AM4/30/16
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 20:42:59 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
If you don't already understand it and have objective proof, it just
ain't so! Right? No new knowledge or understandings coming down the
pike? Gordon

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 30, 2016, 8:19:09 AM4/30/16
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 19:13:43 -0500, Gordon <gord...@swbell.net>
wrote:
A "physicist" who understands neither physics nor science in general.

> I worked at
>Cape Canaveral/Kennedy designing and setting up the tracking ship
>navigation systems. I'm have a very good understanding of the way
>the universe is put together and how it works. Them wuz the good ole
>days, in colloquial vernacular. Gordon

When did you develop Altzheimer's?

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 30, 2016, 8:20:02 AM4/30/16
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 20:43:41 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
And why does he show so much ignorance of physics?

Gordon

Apr 30, 2016, 8:21:27 AM4/30/16
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 20:43:41 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
After years of intensive study I still find no incongruence between
the Bible and science. I can not by any means justify closing my mind
on this and ignoring the way those ancient scribes got the Word of God
written down in a way that is congruent with modern scientific
understanding. Gordon

nature bats last

Apr 30, 2016, 8:37:55 AM4/30/16
.> >Then why do you spew so much religious garbage?

.> After years of intensive study I still find no incongruence between
.> the Bible and science. I can not by any means justify closing my mind
.> on this and ignoring the way those ancient scribes got the Word of God
.> written down in a way that is congruent with modern scientific
.> understanding. Gordon

http://www.islamreligion.com/category/34/scientific-miracles-of-holy-quran/

Seth

.

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 30, 2016, 9:37:32 AM4/30/16
In article <bb89ib9seku28foba...@4ax.com>,
Wow. That's a stupid straw man you've created there. So your sensible
post really was just an aberration.

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 30, 2016, 9:38:18 AM4/30/16
In article <hj89ib5qbaompfoh8...@4ax.com>,
Where's your evidence that this god thing exists? Unless you have that
everything you just said is pure delusion.

Gordon

Apr 30, 2016, 10:17:05 AM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 06:38:16 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
Many scientific and cultural advances start out as ideas with no proof
to begin with but with some very diligent exploration some of these
ideas pan out successfully. If it seems possible and if there is no
objective proof that it isn't possible, it is worth further study.
Gordon

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 30, 2016, 10:18:30 AM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 07:16:58 -0500, Gordon <gord...@swbell.net>
Where did she say anything remotely represembling that, proven serial
liar?

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 30, 2016, 10:19:28 AM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 07:21:24 -0500, Gordon <gord...@swbell.net>
Because you're a lying troll.

nature bats last

Apr 30, 2016, 10:59:19 AM4/30/16
.> >Where's your evidence that this god thing exists? Unless you have that
.> >everything you just said is pure delusion.

.> Many scientific and cultural advances start out as ideas with no proof
.> to begin with but with some very diligent exploration some of these
.> ideas pan out successfully.

Very true. However, they've been working on this God thing
literally for millennia. It's not like someone proposed the
idea last week.

Seth

Don Martin

Apr 30, 2016, 12:48:48 PM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 07:19:04 -0500, Christopher A. Lee
<c....@fairpoint.net> wrote:

>>Cape Canaveral/Kennedy designing and setting up the tracking ship
>>navigation systems. I'm have a very good understanding of the way
>>the universe is put together and how it works. Them wuz the good ole
>>days, in colloquial vernacular. Gordon
>
>When did you develop Altzheimer's?

ab ovo.

Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
Je pense, donc je suis Charlie.

Smiler

Apr 30, 2016, 1:47:35 PM4/30/16
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 10:39:14 -0700, Kurt Kurt wrote:

> We are the first intelligent life in the Galaxy.

Your evidence for that claim is what, exactly?

> If not, they would already be here.

They can go faster than C?

> We will be everywhere in the Galaxy in 100,000 years, a
> blink of an eye to the age of the Galaxy.

Can we go faster than C?

> Seems life is common though, the way it instantly showed up on Earth. If
> we don't find it on the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, in the next 20
> years, with all that water, than for some strange reason, life is very
> rare too.

There are probably trillions of planets around other stars just in this
galaxy alone. Why couldn't life have begun on one of those? Or on a planet
orbiting a star in another galaxy?

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 30, 2016, 2:08:53 PM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 06:37:29 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
It was.

He claims he was a physicist working on a project for NASA - but if
he had been, he wouldn't have made so many elementary mistakes.

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 30, 2016, 2:12:40 PM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 09:17:02 -0500, Gordon <gord...@swbell.net>
wrote:
No, moron - they aren't just ideas, they are parsimonious suggestions
based on what is already known, and are investigated.

Which is 100% opposite to your unsolicited bullshit.

>to begin with but with some very diligent exploration some of these
>ideas pan out successfully. If it seems possible and if there is no
>objective proof that it isn't possible, it is worth further study.

By its claimants, imbecile.

>Gordon

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 30, 2016, 2:48:57 PM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:48:48 -0400, Don Martin
<drdon...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 07:19:04 -0500, Christopher A. Lee
><c....@fairpoint.net> wrote:
>
>>>Cape Canaveral/Kennedy designing and setting up the tracking ship
>>>navigation systems. I'm have a very good understanding of the way
>>>the universe is put together and how it works. Them wuz the good ole
>>>days, in colloquial vernacular. Gordon
>>
>>When did you develop Altzheimer's?
>
>ab ovo.

Don't egg him on.

Gordon

Apr 30, 2016, 2:56:08 PM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:12:36 -0500, Christopher A. Lee
<c....@fairpoint.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 09:17:02 -0500, Gordon <gord...@swbell.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 06:38:16 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
>><hlwd...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

>>>Where's your evidence that this god thing exists? Unless you have that
>>>everything you just said is pure delusion.
>>>
>>Many scientific and cultural advances start out as ideas with no proof
>
>No, moron - they aren't just ideas, they are parsimonious suggestions
>based on what is already known, and are investigated.

And, how did these parsimonious suggestions originate?

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 30, 2016, 3:46:56 PM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:56:05 -0500, Gordon <gord...@swbell.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:12:36 -0500, Christopher A. Lee
><c....@fairpoint.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 09:17:02 -0500, Gordon <gord...@swbell.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 06:38:16 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
>>><hlwd...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>>>
><snip>

>>>Many scientific and cultural advances start out as ideas with no proof
>>
>>No, moron - they aren't just ideas, they are parsimonious suggestions
>>based on what is already known, and are investigated.
>>
>And, how did these parsimonious suggestions originate?

"Based on what is already known", imbecile - not plucked out of
somebody's arse like your hypothetical god,

>>Which is 100% opposite to your unsolicited bullshit.
>>
>>>to begin with but with some very diligent exploration some of these
>>>ideas pan out successfully. If it seems possible and if there is no
>>>objective proof that it isn't possible, it is worth further study.
>>
>>By its claimants, imbecile.

Well, moron?

>>>Gordon

Kurt Kurt

Apr 30, 2016, 3:51:06 PM4/30/16
If you build up the courage to reply to me, let me know.

bil...@m.nu

Apr 30, 2016, 4:37:01 PM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 17:47:30 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 10:39:14 -0700, Kurt Kurt wrote:
>
>> We are the first intelligent life in the Galaxy.
>
>Your evidence for that claim is what, exactly?

he has none it is KUNT KUNT and he is a complete moron

>> If not, they would already be here.
>
>They can go faster than C?

Lets just say that they could, what would that mean for them finding
us? well considering that there are in the area of 200 billion stars
in this galaxy alone and countless billions of galaxies out there then
if would not matter how fast they would or could go because the odds
of finding this one small planet is be virtually nil. Also why would
they even want to come here? Chances are they could not survive in our
enviroment, they would have evolved to survive on thier planet with
the specific combinations of air mixtures. the chances of them being
able to breathe our air would be very very small

>> We will be everywhere in the Galaxy in 100,000 years, a
>> blink of an eye to the age of the Galaxy.

well considering that chances are that humans will be extinct by that
time I dont think it will be possible. And to reference my previous
answers, the chances of us finding just the right mix of air will be
very very small on other planets.

>Can we go faster than C?
>
>> Seems life is common though, the way it instantly showed up on Earth. If

yup and that pretty much rules out any fairies... thanks for that
admission

>> we don't find it on the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, in the next 20
>> years, with all that water, than for some strange reason, life is very
>> rare too.

if there is no other life in this solar system then that does not mean
at all that life is rare, it just means that you are still stupid and
have no reasoning ability

>There are probably trillions of planets around other stars just in this
>galaxy alone. Why couldn't life have begun on one of those? Or on a planet
>orbiting a star in another galaxy?

because he is a moron and does not know what he is talking about....
he has studied a worthless endevor like fairy magic and forgot to
study about the actual universe and the way things actually happen.

Gordon

Apr 30, 2016, 7:16:13 PM4/30/16
<hlwd...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

>In article <rah5ib9oi3q6vfv6c...@4ax.com>,
> Gordon <gord...@swbell.net> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 21:35:22 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
>> <hlwd...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

>> >Okay.
>> >
>> One key point in this is that detecting life on planets outside our
>> solar system would be restricted to detecting their radio signals.
>> But, how long in any human-like life form would radio signals be
>> produced? It seems that those beings on other planets would start
>> releasing radio frequency signals after they had matured to a rather
>> sophisticated level. Then they might cease to waste their energy
>> resources in this manner after they discovered and perfected other
>> means for communication that didn't waste a lot of energy by radiating
>> it into space. There might be many planets with some life forms that
>> do not radiate any such signals and those that do or did would do so
>> only for a very short blink of time during their social/cultural
>> development process. Gordon
>

>Wow. Gordie actually said something that makes sense. Good for you. If
>you did it once, you can do it again.

Another school of thought along this subject is that life forms such
as we are may not continue to exist beyond the time they severely
deplete their planet's natural resources. I sometimes wonder if the
human population can continue in its advanced state for more than a
few more years. How will they cope with depleted agricultural soil,
exhausted fossil fuels, petroleum based agricultural fertilizers, etc.
When this develops it seems there will be mass starvations and that
may bring about some serious disease pandemics. Will any humans
survive? If so, will they continue to produce radio frequency signals
that move out through space? Maybe this same sequence of events also
deletes those life forms that we are trying to locate by detecting
their radio waves. Gordon

Cloud Hobbit

Apr 30, 2016, 7:29:46 PM4/30/16
On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 4:32:26 AM UTC-7, Christopher A. Lee wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 14:03:54 -0500, Gordon <gord...@swbell.net>
> wrote:

> >>The Awesome Purple Unicorn established colonies of
> >>awesome pink unicornettes on some of the suburban planets
> >>there. He visits & consorts whenever He gets, uhmm,
> >>horny.

> >>The APU didn't repeat the mistake He made with earth, of
> >>sending a parade of dimwit middleman "prophets". He
> >>appeals directly to the Unicornettes. They really dig
> >>it. "Faith" is optional.
> >>
> >Do you suppose Lucifer/Satan might be leading you down this channel of
> >thinking? Sure seems like it, to me. Gordon
>
> What kind of fucking moron asks this kind of stupid question in an
> atheist group?

To get a definitive answer to that question, I believe we need to know how many kinds there are.

A stupid fucking moron?
A lazy stupid fucking moron.
An insane fucking moron?
A giant fucking moron.
An insignificant fucking moron.
A fucking moron with his head up his ass.

I don't want to offend a group of fucking morons that Andrew is not a part of.

Not that they would know.

Cloud Hobbit

Apr 30, 2016, 7:36:11 PM4/30/16
On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 10:39:16 AM UTC-7, Kurt Kurt wrote:
> We are the first intelligent life in the Galaxy.

Based on what evidence?

If not, they would already be here.

Why? The distances involved are, to coin a phrase, astronomical. We're talking light years to the next place in our galaxy to the next possible solar system that could possibly have a planet with life.

> We will be everywhere in the Galaxy in 100,000 years, a blink of an eye to >the age of the Galaxy.

Impossible. Nothing but light can move as fast as light.

> Seems life is common though, the way it instantly showed up on Earth.

It did not instantly show up on earth and you know it.

If we don't find it on the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, in the next 20 years, with all that water, than for some strange reason, life is very rare too.

It might be, but it seems unlikely given the size of the universe. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Cloud Hobbit

Apr 30, 2016, 7:47:10 PM4/30/16
Proof that your elevator no longer goes to the top.

I can not by any means justify closing my mind
> on this and ignoring the way those ancient scribes got the Word of God
> written down in a way that is congruent with modern scientific
> understanding. Gordon

Given the certain knowledge we have that so much of the Bible is in error factually, historically, and has been altered to make it more appealing, why would you have any confidence in anything it says.

We know that there are multiple authors for Genesis, we know the Exodus never happened or the great flood.

We know the earth s more than 6000 years old.

We know that there is no confirming evidence AT ALL for God.

Why do you not see problems? I haven't even touched on the contradictions which are numerous.

What is it that makes you think there is anything congruent with science and the bible?

You really believe that it is scientifically possible for there to have been a virgin birth?

Or creation?

Or ascension?

You believe that Jesus kept his promise that all prayers are answered?
Seen any regrown limbs?

You are a liar and/or a troll.

Cloud Hobbit

Apr 30, 2016, 7:49:19 PM4/30/16
Not objective proof, but some tiny shred of evidence would be a start. Even better if theists would stop lying about what constitutes evidence.

Cloud Hobbit

Apr 30, 2016, 7:56:15 PM4/30/16
On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 7:17:05 AM UTC-7, Gordon wrote:
>None of them start off with any proof, they start with evidence of which there >is none for God.

>but with some very diligent exploration some of these
> ideas pan out successfully.

Because of evidence and that the researcher interprets it correctly

>If it seems possible and if there is no
> objective proof that it isn't possible, it is worth further study.
> Gordon

And the notion of God has been studied to death and no EVIDENCE has been found that would lead one to believe that God was real. Proof is a much higher standard than evidence, and yet there is no evidence so there could not possibly be any proof.

Cloud Hobbit

Apr 30, 2016, 8:03:24 PM4/30/16
From OBSERVATIONS OF EVIDENCE or what was believed to be evidence. People don't usually just pull an idea out of their ass and say I think i will investigate something I never thought of before about which I have absolutely no evidence. They see something, or become aware through some other sense or senses, then they decide to learn more or maybe see if their idea or ideas are correct, then they devise ways to test for the truth of it.

With religion they did the opposite, they generated the story first, then when challenged to provide evidence there is nothing. Worst of all, when the science shows that the Bible is in error, the theists get angry.

I will never understand why somebody would be averse to the truth.

Don Martin

Apr 30, 2016, 8:16:29 PM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:48:52 -0500, Christopher A. Lee
<c....@fairpoint.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:48:48 -0400, Don Martin
><drdon...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>>When did you develop Altzheimer's?
>>
>>ab ovo.
>
>Don't egg him on.

He can't take a yolk?

Cloud Hobbit

Apr 30, 2016, 8:24:37 PM4/30/16
On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 5:28:03 PM UTC-7, Kurt Kurt wrote:
> Actually, the Galaxy is a sphere, not the flat disc you see in pictures. The Dark Matter is in the shape of a sphere, and it is the vast majority of the mass.

You seem doomed to get everything wrong. What evidence do you have that the galaxy is a sphere?

Cloud Hobbit

Apr 30, 2016, 8:27:06 PM4/30/16
On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 12:51:06 PM UTC-7, Kurt Kurt wrote:
> If you build up the courage to reply to me, let me know.

Respond to what? You haven't said anything, at least nothing true.

Cloud Hobbit

Apr 30, 2016, 8:29:36 PM4/30/16
On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 5:28:03 PM UTC-7, Kurt Kurt wrote:
> Actually, the Galaxy is a sphere, not the flat disc you see in pictures.

It's amazing how much work they must have put in doctoring all those Hubble telescope pictures. Not one picture of a spherical galaxy in any of them.

Cloud Hobbit

Apr 30, 2016, 8:43:53 PM4/30/16
Define a few.

How will they cope with depleted agricultural soil,

The same way they do now. You should be familiar with the process, spreading lots of manure.

> exhausted fossil fuels,

Then will will either synthesize them or find another source. This is a technology problem that will be solved by technology. The history of fuel is to move from one that is dirty and inefficient, to one that is less dirty and ore efficient. No reason that trend won't continue.

>petroleum based agricultural fertilizers, etc.

Replaced by other kids.

> When this develops it seems there will be mass starvations and that
> may bring about some serious disease pandemics.

Since in this country we grow more than we sell, it will take a while for thew world to run out of food. We already have massive starvation and it doesn't seem to generate pandemics. Pandemics are caused by bacteria or viruses, not just from being hungry.

Will any humans
> survive?

Probably

If so, will they continue to produce radio frequency signals
> that move out through space?

As long as they think they can afford to.

Maybe this same sequence of events also
> deletes those life forms that we are trying to locate by detecting
> their radio waves. Gordon

Maybe a pink unicorn will fly out your ass.

One random bit of speculation is as good as the next.

Wexford Eire

Apr 30, 2016, 8:48:51 PM4/30/16
He's fully credentialed. Of course you've neglected idiots and cretins, to which he's aspired. Everyone needs a goal in life.

Smiler

Apr 30, 2016, 8:53:42 PM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:48:48 -0400, Don Martin wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 07:19:04 -0500, Christopher A. Lee
> <c....@fairpoint.net> wrote:
>
>>>Cape Canaveral/Kennedy designing and setting up the tracking ship
>>>navigation systems. I'm have a very good understanding of the way the
>>>universe is put together and how it works. Them wuz the good ole days,
>>>in colloquial vernacular. Gordon
>>
>>When did you develop Altzheimer's?
>
> ab ovo.

Eggzactly.
Early onset.

Smiler

Apr 30, 2016, 9:02:59 PM4/30/16
He sure spreads a lot of it here.

>> exhausted fossil fuels,
>
> Then will will either synthesize them or find another source. This is a
> technology problem that will be solved by technology. The history of
> fuel is to move from one that is dirty and inefficient, to one that is
> less dirty and ore efficient. No reason that trend won't continue.
>
>>petroleum based agricultural fertilizers, etc.
>
> Replaced by other kids.
>
>> When this develops it seems there will be mass starvations and that may
>> bring about some serious disease pandemics.
>
> Since in this country we grow more than we sell, it will take a while
> for thew world to run out of food. We already have massive starvation
> and it doesn't seem to generate pandemics. Pandemics are caused by
> bacteria or viruses, not just from being hungry.
>
> Will any humans survive?
>
> Probably
>
> If so, will they continue to produce radio frequency signals
>> that move out through space?
>
> As long as they think they can afford to.
>
> Maybe this same sequence of events also
>> deletes those life forms that we are trying to locate by detecting
>> their radio waves.

But their (and our) radio waves, once transmitted, will continue to
radiate through space for ever.

> Maybe a pink unicorn will fly out your ass.
>
> One random bit of speculation is as good as the next.

Yep, but watch out for those flying pigs.

Smiler

Apr 30, 2016, 9:07:02 PM4/30/16
Well yes, but he can't answer a segmented post due to his relig^H^H^H^H^H
abject stupidity.

Smiler

Apr 30, 2016, 9:09:00 PM4/30/16
As usual, he's talking balls.

Christopher A. Lee

Apr 30, 2016, 9:16:00 PM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 20:16:30 -0400, Don Martin
<drdon...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:48:52 -0500, Christopher A. Lee
><c....@fairpoint.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:48:48 -0400, Don Martin
>><drdon...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>>ab ovo.
>>
>>Don't egg him on.
>
>He can't take a yolk?

He's just yellow.

Kurt Kurt

Apr 30, 2016, 9:36:08 PM4/30/16
Dark Matter of the Galaxy is in the shape of a sphere, not a disc. Or at least an ellipsoid. It's called physics.

Kurt Kurt

Apr 30, 2016, 9:37:08 PM4/30/16
That's because you are too stupid to know that Dark Matter is 90% of the mass of the Galaxy and it's invisible. Elementary school kids know that.

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 30, 2016, 10:30:55 PM4/30/16
In article <ng2r3i$53s$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 10:39:14 -0700, Kurt Kurt wrote:
>
> > We are the first intelligent life in the Galaxy.
>
> Your evidence for that claim is what, exactly?
>
> > If not, they would already be here.
>
> They can go faster than C?
>
> > We will be everywhere in the Galaxy in 100,000 years, a
> > blink of an eye to the age of the Galaxy.
>
> Can we go faster than C?
>
> > Seems life is common though, the way it instantly showed up on Earth. If
> > we don't find it on the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, in the next 20
> > years, with all that water, than for some strange reason, life is very
> > rare too.
>
> There are probably trillions of planets around other stars just in this
> galaxy alone. Why couldn't life have begun on one of those? Or on a planet
> orbiting a star in another galaxy?

He got it backwards. Not finding life on the moons with water proves
nothing.

Finding life there is a strong indicator that life could be quite common
in the universe if it's found in more than 1 type of environment in one
insignificant solar system (especially if it's found on or in Titan).

--

JD

Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream
up a God superior to themselves. Most
Gods have the manners and morals of a
spoiled child.

Jeanne Douglas

Apr 30, 2016, 10:33:41 PM4/30/16
In article <gef9iblkf4k64b032...@4ax.com>,
Gordon <gord...@swbell.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 06:38:16 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
> <hlwd...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <hj89ib5qbaompfoh8...@4ax.com>,
> > Gordon <gord...@swbell.net> wrote:

> >> After years of intensive study I still find no incongruence between
> >> the Bible and science. I can not by any means justify closing my mind
> >> on this and ignoring the way those ancient scribes got the Word of God
> >> written down in a way that is congruent with modern scientific
> >> understanding. Gordon
> >
> >Where's your evidence that this god thing exists? Unless you have that
> >everything you just said is pure delusion.

<snippage of word salad which has nothing to do with the question I
asked>

So, try again, and this time actually try to answer the question:

Where's your evidence that this god thing exists?

Don Martin

May 1, 2016, 9:08:41 AM5/1/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 20:15:35 -0500, Christopher A. Lee
<c....@fairpoint.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 20:16:30 -0400, Don Martin
><drdon...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 13:48:52 -0500, Christopher A. Lee
>><c....@fairpoint.net> wrote:

>>>Don't egg him on.
>>
>>He can't take a yolk?
>
>He's just yellow.

In today's political climate, being white in public is to risk being
taken for a Thrumplodyte.

Don Martin

May 1, 2016, 9:08:41 AM5/1/16
On Sun, 1 May 2016 00:53:32 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:48:48 -0400, Don Martin wrote:

>>>When did you develop Altzheimer's?
>>
>> ab ovo.
>
>Eggzactly.
>Early onset.

Featured in the Shakespearian masterpiece, "Omlet, Ponce of Denmark".

Smiler

May 1, 2016, 12:12:14 PM5/1/16
On Sun, 01 May 2016 09:08:37 -0400, Don Martin wrote:

> On Sun, 1 May 2016 00:53:32 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:48:48 -0400, Don Martin wrote:

>>> ab ovo.
>>
>>Eggzactly.
>>Early onset.
>
> Featured in the Shakespearian masterpiece, "Omlet, Ponce of Denmark".

Would be a Ham omelette, or was he a good actor?

Smiler

May 1, 2016, 12:17:43 PM5/1/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 19:33:38 -0700, Jeanne Douglas wrote:

> In article <gef9iblkf4k64b032...@4ax.com>,
> Gordon <gord...@swbell.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 06:38:16 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
>> <hlwd...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

>> >Where's your evidence that this god thing exists? Unless you have that
>> >everything you just said is pure delusion.
>
> <snippage of word salad which has nothing to do with the question I
> asked>
>
> So, try again, and this time actually try to answer the question:
>
> Where's your evidence that this god thing exists?

Gordon the coward knows as well as us that he has _no_ _evidence_, but
he's afraid to man up to that fact.

Don Martin

May 1, 2016, 12:28:19 PM5/1/16
On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:12:10 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
wrote:

>On Sun, 01 May 2016 09:08:37 -0400, Don Martin wrote:

>>>Eggzactly.
>>>Early onset.
>>
>> Featured in the Shakespearian masterpiece, "Omlet, Ponce of Denmark".
>
>Would be a Ham omelette, or was he a good actor?

Cheesy and overdone, I fear.

Gordon

May 1, 2016, 1:34:41 PM5/1/16
On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:17:39 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 19:33:38 -0700, Jeanne Douglas wrote:
>
>> In article <gef9iblkf4k64b032...@4ax.com>,
>> Gordon <gord...@swbell.net> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 06:38:16 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
>>> <hlwd...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>
><snip>

>> <snippage of word salad which has nothing to do with the question I
>> asked>
>>
>> So, try again, and this time actually try to answer the question:
>>
>> Where's your evidence that this god thing exists?
>
>Gordon the coward knows as well as us that he has _no_ _evidence_, but
>he's afraid to man up to that fact.

Giggler, I seriously doubt you or other atheists want to know anything
that even approximates evidence. Your sovereign choice is to reject
the entire set of ideas pertaining to God. Objective proof would
overwhelm your sovereign will to reject God and go your own carnal
way.

Matthew 7:6 (KJV) Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither
cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their
feet, and turn again and rend you.

nature bats last

May 1, 2016, 1:44:26 PM5/1/16
On Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 10:34:41 AM UTC-7, Gordon wrote:
> On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:17:39 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 19:33:38 -0700, Jeanne Douglas wrote:

> ><snip>

> >> <snippage of word salad which has nothing to do with the question I
> >> asked>
> >>
> >> So, try again, and this time actually try to answer the question:
> >>
> >> Where's your evidence that this god thing exists?
> >
> >Gordon the coward knows as well as us that he has _no_ _evidence_, but
> >he's afraid to man up to that fact.

.> Giggler, I seriously doubt you or other atheists want to know anything
.> that even approximates evidence. Your sovereign choice is to reject
.> the entire set of ideas pertaining to God. Objective proof would
.> overwhelm your sovereign will to reject God and go your own carnal
.> way.

Beg pardon? Why would it be impossible to both understand
that a God exists and at the same time refuse to have anything to do with It?

Your claim paints a picture of a God who wants us to guess
right, in the absence of any reason to do so. Or else.

Guess right, or else.

Seth

Christopher A. Lee

May 1, 2016, 7:23:53 PM5/1/16
On Sun, 01 May 2016 12:34:36 -0500, Gordon <gord...@swbell.net>
wrote:

>On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:17:39 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 19:33:38 -0700, Jeanne Douglas wrote:

>><snip>

>>> <snippage of word salad which has nothing to do with the question I
>>> asked>
>>>
>>> So, try again, and this time actually try to answer the question:
>>>
>>> Where's your evidence that this god thing exists?
>>
>>Gordon the coward knows as well as us that he has _no_ _evidence_, but
>>he's afraid to man up to that fact.
>>
>Giggler, I seriously doubt you or other atheists want to know anything
>that even approximates evidence.

You haven't even demonstrated there is anything to "know", let alone
"want to know".

Why do you need to keep pretending you don't understand "put up or
shut up".

> Your sovereign choice is to reject

Liar,

Neither you nor any other theist has ever demonstrated there is
anything to reject, deliberate liar.

>the entire set of ideas pertaining to God.

WHAT FUCKING GOD, OUTSIDE YOUR RELIGION?

> Objective proof would
>overwhelm your sovereign will to reject God

WHAT FUCKING "SOVEREIGN WILL" TO REJECT WHAT FUCKING GOD, pathological
liar?

> and go your own carnal
>way.

Why can't you stop lying to us about ourselves, proven serial liar?

[irrelevant Bible nonsense rudely and stupidly posted in order to try
and cause deliberate offence, deleted]

You know we're not Christians, so why not have the human decency to
respect that fact?

Christopher A. Lee

May 1, 2016, 7:26:29 PM5/1/16
wrote:

>On Sun, 01 May 2016 09:08:37 -0400, Don Martin wrote:

>>>Eggzactly.
>>>Early onset.
>>
>> Featured in the Shakespearian masterpiece, "Omlet, Ponce of Denmark".
>
>Would be a Ham omelette, or was he a good actor?

Did you ever watch the David Jason "Darling Buds of May" (with the
young Catherine Zeta Jones before she was famous)?

He called a "pet" piglet "Hamlet".

Christopher A. Lee

May 1, 2016, 7:27:17 PM5/1/16
On Sun, 01 May 2016 12:28:16 -0400, Don Martin
<drdon...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:12:10 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
>wrote:

>>> Featured in the Shakespearian masterpiece, "Omlet, Ponce of Denmark".
>>
>>Would be a Ham omelette, or was he a good actor?
>
>Cheesy and overdone, I fear.

Danish Blue - the porn version of Hamlet.

Jeanne Douglas

May 1, 2016, 8:31:53 PM5/1/16
In article <f9fcib1e3ot9s6d6p...@4ax.com>,
Gordon <gord...@swbell.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:17:39 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 19:33:38 -0700, Jeanne Douglas wrote:

> ><snip>

> >> <snippage of word salad which has nothing to do with the question I
> >> asked>
> >>
> >> So, try again, and this time actually try to answer the question:
> >>
> >> Where's your evidence that this god thing exists?
> >
> >Gordon the coward knows as well as us that he has _no_ _evidence_, but
> >he's afraid to man up to that fact.

And once again you fail to answer the question. Why is that?

Try again, 3rd time a charm?

Where's your evidence that this god thing exists?

Cloud Hobbit

May 1, 2016, 8:53:58 PM5/1/16
On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 6:37:08 PM UTC-7, Kurt Kurt wrote:
> That's because you are too stupid to know that Dark Matter is 90% of the mass of the Galaxy and it's invisible. Elementary school kids know that.

Yes I know about Dark Matter, it was even mentioned in one of the pieces I posted.

The collapse of overdensities in the cosmic density field is generally aspherical. So, there is no reason to expect the resulting halos to be spherical. Even the earliest simulations of structure formation in a CDM universe emphasized that the halos are substantially flattened.[17] Subsequent work has shown that halo equidensity surfaces can be described by ellipsoids characterized by the lengths of their axes.[18]

Because of uncertainties in both the data and the model predictions, it is still unclear whether the halo shapes inferred from observations are consistent with the predictions of CDM cosmology.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter_halo

Smiler

May 1, 2016, 8:54:20 PM5/1/16
On Sun, 01 May 2016 12:28:16 -0400, Don Martin wrote:

> On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:12:10 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 01 May 2016 09:08:37 -0400, Don Martin wrote:

>>> Featured in the Shakespearian masterpiece, "Omlet, Ponce of Denmark".
>>
>>Would that be a Ham omelette, or was he a good actor?
>
> Cheesy and overdone, I fear.

The Spanish ham omelette brought tears to my eyes...too many onions.

Gordon

May 1, 2016, 8:56:05 PM5/1/16
On Sun, 01 May 2016 17:31:51 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
<hlwd...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

>In article <f9fcib1e3ot9s6d6p...@4ax.com>,
> Gordon <gord...@swbell.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:17:39 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
>> wrote:

>> ><snip>

>> >Gordon the coward knows as well as us that he has _no_ _evidence_, but
>> >he's afraid to man up to that fact.
>
>And once again you fail to answer the question. Why is that?
>
>Try again, 3rd time a charm?
>
>Where's your evidence that this god thing exists?

Jeanne, I've answered this question several times but I guess you have
your reject button pressed. The answer is that there is NO objective
proof or evidence to assemble any such objective proof. The only thing
that any of us can interact with is spiritual leading and fitting
things in with reality. The main thing in this last realm is the
astounding congruency between the Bible and our scientific
understanding. Super String - Membrane (SS-M) Theory fits in with the
Bible information to an astounding extent but SS-M does not constitute
anything in the form of objective proof.

In the beginning God initiated the big bang, creating the heavens
(other dimension sets) and this universe we perceive.

This universe was without form (matter) and void (empty space). It was
just a point.

As the expansion got under way sub atomic particles formed then atoms
with valence electrons were formed...and God said, "Let there be
light."

Early on in this sequence the matter of the universe was spread almost
uniformly throughout the expanding space but it soon began to clump
into stars. God separated the light (stars) from the darkness (empty
space).

And so on, through many similar congruencies if anyone wants to study
them, but they can be rejected if that is what one wants.

Gordon

Cloud Hobbit

May 1, 2016, 8:57:04 PM5/1/16
On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 6:36:08 PM UTC-7, Kurt Kurt wrote:
> Dark Matter of the Galaxy is in the shape of a sphere, not a disc. Or at least an ellipsoid. It's called physics.

An ellipsoid is not a sphere. Nothing indicates spherical shapes for the galaxies.

Cloud Hobbit

May 1, 2016, 9:04:26 PM5/1/16
On Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 10:34:41 AM UTC-7, Gordon wrote:
> On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:17:39 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 19:33:38 -0700, Jeanne Douglas wrote:

> ><snip>

> >> <snippage of word salad which has nothing to do with the question I
> >> asked>
> >>
> >> So, try again, and this time actually try to answer the question:
> >>
> >> Where's your evidence that this god thing exists?
> >
> >Gordon the coward knows as well as us that he has _no_ _evidence_, but
> >he's afraid to man up to that fact.
> >
> Giggler, I seriously doubt you or other atheists want to know anything
> that even approximates evidence.

Then punish us by presenting it.

Your sovereign choice is to reject
> the entire set of ideas pertaining to God.

Only because they all crap and have been proven to be such.

Objective proof would
> overwhelm your sovereign will to reject God and go your own carnal
> way.

It might if such a thing existed, but it doesn't. Since that outcome would be extremely funny to watch, why not present said objective proof and see us all squirm. But of course no such evidence exists or it would have been presented a long time ago. It hasn't because it doe not exist.

< snip of some biblical crap that proves nothing and is just generally boring.

Smiler

May 1, 2016, 9:13:20 PM5/1/16
On Sun, 01 May 2016 12:34:36 -0500, Gordon wrote:

> On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:17:39 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 19:33:38 -0700, Jeanne Douglas wrote:

>><snip>

>>> <snippage of word salad which has nothing to do with the question I
>>> asked>
>>>
>>> So, try again, and this time actually try to answer the question:
>>>
>>> Where's your evidence that this god thing exists?
>>
>>Gordon the coward knows as well as us that he has _no_ _evidence_, but
>>he's afraid to man up to that fact.
>>
> Giggler, I seriously doubt you or other atheists want to know anything
> that even approximates evidence.

Then why do we keep asking for it?

> Your sovereign choice is to reject the
> entire set of ideas pertaining to God.

Ideas are NOT evidence. Neither are beliefs, opinions or 'holy' books.

> Objective proof

What objective proof would that be?
If you have some, we'd all like to see it.
Put it here, coward:
.
.
.
.
.
<Warning. A plague of crickets is shortly expected in this area>

> would overwhelm your sovereign will to reject God

Until you provide evidence, there's nothing to reject, apart from your
stupid delusions.

> and go your own carnal way.

What carnal way would that be, liar?

<snip stupid bible babble>

Smiler

May 1, 2016, 9:16:06 PM5/1/16
On Sun, 01 May 2016 17:31:51 -0700, Jeanne Douglas wrote:

> In article <f9fcib1e3ot9s6d6p...@4ax.com>,
> Gordon <gord...@swbell.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:17:39 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
>> wrote:

>> ><snip>

>> >Gordon the coward knows as well as us that he has _no_ _evidence_, but
>> >he's afraid to man up to that fact.
>
> And once again you fail to answer the question. Why is that?
>
> Try again, 3rd time a charm?
>
> Where's your evidence that this god thing exists?

Only in his demented mind.

nature bats last

May 1, 2016, 9:23:06 PM5/1/16
On Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 5:56:05 PM UTC-7, Gordon wrote:
> On Sun, 01 May 2016 17:31:51 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
> <hlwd...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <f9fcib1e3ot9s6d6p...@4ax.com>,
> > Gordon <gord...@swbell.net> wrote:

> >And once again you fail to answer the question. Why is that?
> >
> >Try again, 3rd time a charm?
> >
> >Where's your evidence that this god thing exists?

.> Jeanne, I've answered this question several times but I guess you have
.> your reject button pressed. The answer is that there is NO objective
.> proof or evidence to assemble any such objective proof. The only thing
.> that any of us can interact with is spiritual leading and fitting
.> things in with reality. The main thing in this last realm is the
.> astounding congruency between the Bible and our scientific
.> understanding. Super String - Membrane (SS-M) Theory fits in with the
.> Bible information to an astounding extent but SS-M does not constitute
.> anything in the form of objective proof.
.>
.> In the beginning God initiated the big bang, creating the heavens
.> (other dimension sets) and this universe we perceive.

.> This universe was without form (matter) and void (empty space). It was
.> just a point.

.> As the expansion got under way sub atomic particles formed then atoms
.> with valence electrons were formed...and God said, "Let there be
.> light."

You can force-fit it in to your sacred scripture; as can
they with theirs:

"The Christian Bible says that in the beginning God said
'Let there be light' Genesis 1:3. However this turned
out to be false. The universe was opaque to visible
light (non- transparent) and photons couldn't travel at
all. After the Big Bang the universe was primarily
Hydrogen, Helium and a tiny bit of Lithium. However when
a gas is too hot it becomes ionized (loses the
electrons) and becomes opaque (like today's smoke). In
the beginning the universe was opaque to visible light
(non-transparent). After 380,000 years the universe
cooled enough and it became transparent to visible
light. For other wavelengths it was opaque for a billion
years. So 'Let there be light' turned out to be false.
However the Quran correctly said that at the beginning
it was SMOKE, that is, a hot non-transparent gas:"

http://www.speed-light.info/miracles_of_quran/big_bang_crunch.htm

And none of it has anything to do with superstring theory.

Seth

Gordon

May 1, 2016, 9:34:19 PM5/1/16
On Mon, 2 May 2016 01:13:15 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
wrote:

>On Sun, 01 May 2016 12:34:36 -0500, Gordon wrote:

>>><snip>

>>>Gordon the coward knows as well as us that he has _no_ _evidence_, but
>>>he's afraid to man up to that fact.
>>>
>> Giggler, I seriously doubt you or other atheists want to know anything
>> that even approximates evidence.
>
>Then why do we keep asking for it?

Insecurity complex?
It is loading more messages.