Ignoring the truth, is not going to turn into a lie

alal...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2020, 6:46:20 AM2/9/20
I haven't had a real conversation in about two days. Neither have I watched TV, or read any fiction. I don't feel too lonely, just very bored.

I guess, following my philosophy of truth has contributed to a deterioration of my personal relationships. But I don't really miss my friends.

My heart is fading, and I am trying to engage my intellect. Do you believe in honesty? Honesty is difficult in personal discussion. It is easier in professional or intellectual discussion.

Should we try our best to be honest? When is it alright to lie? I believe it is acceptable to lie to protect your basic human rights.

Abhinav Lal

"Love is a temple"

Michael Christ

Feb 9, 2020, 3:00:35 PM2/9/20
Ignoring the truth is walking in a lie.

Michael Christ
--
Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
yet sinners, Christ died for us.

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

Davej

Feb 9, 2020, 3:27:26 PM2/9/20
On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 5:46:20 AM UTC-6, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
> [..]
> I guess, following my philosophy of truth has contributed to a
> deterioration of my personal relationships.

Or maybe it's your constant self-aggrandizing and bloviating?

Don Martin

Feb 9, 2020, 3:55:00 PM2/9/20
On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 12:27:23 -0800 (PST), Davej <gal...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
This guy _has_ a personal relationship?

Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
Je pense, donc je suis Charlie.

alal...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2020, 10:47:05 PM2/9/20
I try not to talk about myself. If I appear superior, that is your problem, not mine. To be humble, I claim my people skills are below average.

Abhinav Lal

"Knowledge is virtue"

alal...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2020, 10:59:50 PM2/9/20
On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 2:25:00 AM UTC+5:30, Don Martin wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 12:27:23 -0800 (PST), Davej <gal...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 5:46:20 AM UTC-6, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> [..]
> >> I guess, following my philosophy of truth has contributed to a
> >> deterioration of my personal relationships.
> >
> >Or maybe it's your constant self-aggrandizing and bloviating?
>
> This guy _has_ a personal relationship?

If the only way you can feel better, is by trying to pull other people down, I feel sorry for you. Maybe you have an inferiority complex.

Abhinav Lal

"Life is suffering"

Michael Christ

Feb 10, 2020, 12:17:38 AM2/10/20
On 10/02/2020 2:59 pm, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 2:25:00 AM UTC+5:30, Don Martin wrote:
>> On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 12:27:23 -0800 (PST), Davej <gal...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Or maybe it's your constant self-aggrandizing and bloviating?
>>
>> This guy _has_ a personal relationship?
>
> If the only way you can feel better, is by trying to pull other people down, I feel sorry for you. > Maybe you have an inferiority complex.

Valid points and a valid maybe or is that maybe hitting the nail on the
head, Donny.

Michael Christ

> Abhinav Lal
>
> "Life is suffering"
>

>> --
>> aa #2278 Never mind "proof." Where is your evidence?
>> BAAWA Chief Assistant to the Assistant Chief Heckler
>> Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
>> Je pense, donc je suis Charlie.

kry...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2020, 1:00:59 AM2/10/20
Honesty is about trust. Being true is not abusing someone's trust.
But trust is a two way road, built into relationship with others.
Apparently, you have little trust in others. How to survive it this world?
Lie, to protect yourself. But then, you will have no real friends,
whom you can trust. It is a vicious circle.

OK, so people lie. But you know, it is OK, because everyone wants to protect himself. Nevertheless, give them some trust. It is not black and white.
They may not tell the whole truth always, but normally they will tell truth.
Not everyone is a pathological liar who will try to take advantage of you on every step. Find someone you can trust, even if it is not 100%.

KRYOEL

alal...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2020, 9:21:40 AM2/10/20
On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 11:30:59 AM UTC+5:30, kry...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 1:46:20 PM UTC+2, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I haven't had a real conversation in about two days. Neither have I watched TV, or read any fiction. I don't feel too lonely, just very bored.
> >
> > I guess, following my philosophy of truth has contributed to a deterioration of my personal relationships. But I don't really miss my friends.
> >
> > My heart is fading, and I am trying to engage my intellect. Do you believe in honesty? Honesty is difficult in personal discussion. It is easier in professional or intellectual discussion.
> >
> > Should we try our best to be honest? When is it alright to lie? I believe it is acceptable to lie to protect your basic human rights.
> >
> > Abhinav Lal
> >
> > "Love is a temple"
>
> Honesty is about trust. Being true is not abusing someone's trust.
> But trust is a two way road, built into relationship with others.
> Apparently, you have little trust in others. How to survive it this world?
> Lie, to protect yourself. But then, you will have no real friends,
> whom you can trust. It is a vicious circle.

I follow the philosophy of truth where it leads me. People have been willing to die for their beliefs, whether religious or political or otherwise. Truth gives my life meaning.

> OK, so people lie. But you know, it is OK, because everyone wants to protect himself. Nevertheless, give them some trust. It is not black and white.
> They may not tell the whole truth always, but normally they will tell truth.
> Not everyone is a pathological liar who will try to take advantage of you on every step. Find someone you can trust, even if it is not 100%.

I used to trust authorities and institutions. But no more. I don't trust the media or scientists anymore. Ordinary people are even harder to trust.

So I have stopped taking life seriously. And I try to enjoy the arts which is more about emotions, and less about truth.

Abhinav Lal

"I am a contradiction"

> KRYOEL

Kevrob

Feb 10, 2020, 12:46:01 PM2/10/20
If I lived in India, and were, as I am, an atheist, or any
kind of "free thinker," I'd probably be be depressed, too.

See:

[quote]

Nonreligious in India face hostility, danger

by Bhavya Dore 10 April, 2017

{It mentions the Federation of Indian Rationalist Associations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation_of_Indian_Rationalist_Associations }

[/quote]

https://religionnews.com/2017/04/10/nonreligious-in-india-face-hostility-danger/

Maybe you should get in contact with a local affiliated organization,
so you could meet like-minded people who won't treat you like you are
possessed by demons because you have a skeptical outlook?

My layman's guess is that you could do with some counseling by a
rationally-oriented therapist. You may have a physical problem
that is making you depressed, also. Perhaps you are right as
rain but are just having a hard time of it. Find out!

Until you have this straightened out, perhaps don't post conspiracy-
minded posts?

--
Kevin R
a.a #2310

alal...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2020, 7:40:44 PM2/10/20
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. A psychiatrist I told I was depressed, offered no treatment or medication.

Abhinav Lal

"There is freedom within"

kry...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2020, 12:39:39 AM2/11/20
Depression is a multi-faceted problem.
If you look at it from the mental experience, you have a pattern of negative thinking.
But as you said "just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you". In other words, the problem is not (only) in your mind but in often there are real difficulties in life.
This is where a psychiatrist cannot help you, sometimes you need to do something with your life. Move to another place, change work, disconnect from people that
make you feel bad, find new friends whom you like and who like you, etc..
you can call it self-help.

KRYOEL

Christopher A. Lee

Feb 11, 2020, 7:57:34 AM2/11/20
wrote:

>On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 5:46:20 AM UTC-6, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
>> [..]
>> I guess, following my philosophy of truth has contributed to a
>> deterioration of my personal relationships.

What "philosophy of truth"? If he had one, he wouldn't hypocritically
lie that science lies and then refuse to defend this by trying to hide
behind an anonymous, supposedly impeccable source.

>Or maybe it's your constant self-aggrandizing and bloviating?

If his "personal relationships" consist of fortune cookie mottos the
way his "discussions" here do, I'm not surprised he has problems with
them.

alal...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2020, 9:59:13 AM2/11/20
On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 6:27:34 PM UTC+5:30, Christopher A. Lee wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 12:27:23 -0800 (PST), Davej <gal...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 5:46:20 AM UTC-6, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> [..]
> >> I guess, following my philosophy of truth has contributed to a
> >> deterioration of my personal relationships.
>
> What "philosophy of truth"? If he had one, he wouldn't hypocritically
> lie that science lies and then refuse to defend this by trying to hide
> behind an anonymous, supposedly impeccable source.

Physics lies:

Quarks
String theory
Higgs Boson

If you want to live in an idealistic fantasy where scientists only tell the truth, you are lying to yourself and us. And you have replaced priests with scientists.

> >Or maybe it's your constant self-aggrandizing and bloviating?
>
> If his "personal relationships" consist of fortune cookie mottos the
> way his "discussions" here do, I'm not surprised he has problems with
> them.

If you don't like my discussions, you are welcome to killfile me. You have exposed the shadow and its strategy of harassment, intimidation, and violence.

LinuxGal

Feb 11, 2020, 10:37:58 AM2/11/20
On Tue, 11 Feb 2020, alal...@gmail.com wrote:

> If you want to live in an idealistic fantasy where scientists only tell the truth, you are lying to yourself and us. And you have replaced priests with scientists.

The difference between priests and scientists is that
scientists get their stories from nature and priests get
their stories from an ancient book.

--
I have spoken.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal

Davej

Feb 11, 2020, 10:41:07 AM2/11/20
On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 8:59:13 AM UTC-6, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
>[...]
> Physics lies:
>
> Quarks
> String theory
> Higgs Boson
>
> If you want to live in an idealistic fantasy where scientists
> only tell the truth, you are lying to yourself and us. And
> you have replaced priests with scientists.

Scientists are expected to provide evidence. Quarks and the
Higgs Boson are supported by evidence. String theory is
considered theoretically possible but with no supporting evidence.
Unless you have a PhD in Physics your silly conspiracy theory
isn't relevant unless you have actual evidence for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory

alal...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2020, 10:51:35 AM2/11/20
On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 9:11:07 PM UTC+5:30, Davej wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 8:59:13 AM UTC-6, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
> >[...]
> > Physics lies:
> >
> > Quarks
> > String theory
> > Higgs Boson
> >
> > If you want to live in an idealistic fantasy where scientists
> > only tell the truth, you are lying to yourself and us. And
> > you have replaced priests with scientists.
>
> Scientists are expected to provide evidence. Quarks and the
> Higgs Boson are supported by evidence. String theory is
> considered theoretically possible but with no supporting evidence.
> Unless you have a PhD in Physics your silly conspiracy theory
> isn't relevant unless you have actual evidence for it.

Until someone actually shows you a quark, string, or Higgs Boson, you are just taking someone's word for it. As you agreed, there is no evidence for strings. Quarks cannot be detected in isolation. And the Higgs Boson is a joke.

Just how gullible are you?
Articles in Wikipedia are not evidence.

Abhinav Lal

"What fools be these men"

Christopher A. Lee

Feb 11, 2020, 11:12:09 AM2/11/20
On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 07:41:02 -0800 (PST), Davej <gal...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 8:59:13 AM UTC-6, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
>>[...]
>> Physics lies:

Abhinav lies about physics.

>> Quarks
>> String theory
>> Higgs Boson

The in-your-face liar needs to justify his ridiculous claim - and when
he can't, he needs to shut the fuck up instead of repeating it.

>> If you want to live in an idealistic fantasy where scientists
>> only tell the truth, you are lying to yourself and us. And
>> you have replaced priests with scientists.

The liar knows it's nothing to do with "wanting", but everything to do
with understanding reality.

>Scientists are expected to provide evidence. Quarks and the
>Higgs Boson are supported by evidence.

The deliberate, in-your-face liar knows, because this has been
explained several times - but he took no notice.

> String theory is
>considered theoretically possible but with no supporting evidence.

Which is why it is still hypothetical, a speculation - just as quarks
and the Higgs boson were when first proposed, until they were found.

>Unless you have a PhD in Physics your silly conspiracy theory
>isn't relevant unless you have actual evidence for it.

He has none. He "defended" his original lies about science and quarks
by claiming he had got it from an impeccable but anonymous source.

Which was just plain, intellectually dishonest.

But even though he refuses to put up, he won't shut up either.

alal...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2020, 12:01:35 PM2/11/20
On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 9:42:09 PM UTC+5:30, Christopher A. Lee wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 07:41:02 -0800 (PST), Davej <gal...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 8:59:13 AM UTC-6, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
> >>[...]
> >> Physics lies:
>
> Abhinav lies about physics.

No. You are projecting.

> >> Quarks
> >> String theory
> >> Higgs Boson
>
> The in-your-face liar needs to justify his ridiculous claim - and when
> he can't, he needs to shut the fuck up instead of repeating it.
>
> >> If you want to live in an idealistic fantasy where scientists
> >> only tell the truth, you are lying to yourself and us. And
> >> you have replaced priests with scientists.
>
> The liar knows it's nothing to do with "wanting", but everything to do
> with understanding reality.

Have you reviewed any evidence to support the lies you claim as truth?

> >Scientists are expected to provide evidence. Quarks and the
> >Higgs Boson are supported by evidence.
>
> The deliberate, in-your-face liar knows, because this has been
> explained several times - but he took no notice.
>
> > String theory is
> >considered theoretically possible but with no supporting evidence.
>
> Which is why it is still hypothetical, a speculation - just as quarks
> and the Higgs boson were when first proposed, until they were found.
>
> >Unless you have a PhD in Physics your silly conspiracy theory
> >isn't relevant unless you have actual evidence for it.
>
> He has none. He "defended" his original lies about science and quarks
> by claiming he had got it from an impeccable but anonymous source.

Have you actually seen any proof?

> Which was just plain, intellectually dishonest.
>
> But even though he refuses to put up, he won't shut up

So you want me to shut up. So there is an effort to silence me. I must be close to the truth you want to hide.

I will keep communicating as long as you clowns keep amusing me.

Abhinav Lal

"Don't help them bury the truth"

Alex W.

Feb 12, 2020, 6:56:43 PM2/12/20
On 12/02/2020 02:37, LinuxGal wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2020, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> If you want to live in an idealistic fantasy where scientists only
>> tell the truth, you are lying to yourself and us.  And you have
>> replaced priests with scientists.
>
> The difference between priests and scientists is that scientists get
> their stories from nature and priests get their stories from an ancient
> book.

Second difference: scientists do not subscribe to infallibility. They
know for a fact that sooner or later their theories and findings,
however hard-won and cherished, will be reinterpreted or even overthrown.