The "vaccines" and evolution

Don Kresch

Sep 17, 2021, 7:10:52 PM9/17/21
Given that the "vaccines" (because they're not vaccines in the
traditional sense) are each specific to one variant, and even then:
only the spike protein: what sort of evolutionary pressure is being
brought upon C19? Could that be the reason that the "vaccines" don't
work very well (see: Israel)? Could it be the reason that we're seeing
numerous variants that the "vaccines" are useless against?

Could that be the reason that the immune systems of those who've had
it have a better time fighting off other variants--because the immune
system isn't that specific?

Evolution: it's real.

Don
aa#51
o- DNRC
Jedi Slackmaster

hhya...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2021, 8:51:06 PM9/17/21
The vaccines are combating the virus and the mutants...
The data so far seems to suggest at least 50% effective!
GOP followers can choose to ignore, no one cares!

Don Kresch

Sep 17, 2021, 9:00:51 PM9/17/21
On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 17:51:04 -0700 (PDT), "hhya...@gmail.com"
<hhya...@gmail.com> scrawled in blood:

>On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 7:10:52 AM UTC+8, Don Kresch wrote:
>> Given that the "vaccines" (because they're not vaccines in the
>> traditional sense) are each specific to one variant, and even then:
>> only the spike protein: what sort of evolutionary pressure is being
>> brought upon C19? Could that be the reason that the "vaccines" don't
>> work very well (see: Israel)? Could it be the reason that we're seeing
>> numerous variants that the "vaccines" are useless against?
>>
>> Could that be the reason that the immune systems of those who've had
>> it have a better time fighting off other variants--because the immune
>> system isn't that specific?
>>
>> Evolution: it's real.
>
>The vaccines are combating the virus and the mutants...

Have you seen Israel? Yeah.......

Next time, could you perhaps not lie through your teeth?

Malcolm McMahon

Sep 23, 2021, 10:27:34 AM9/23/21
The vaccines are best at reducing the chances of becoming seriously ill. They
reduce the chance of infection, but not by as much. And from an evolutionary
point of view that's probably for the best. Virus evolution doesn't care if the
virus seriously damage or kills you as long as it still transmits. A vaccine
that completely prevented transmission would put much stronger selection
pressure on the virus to escape the vaccine altogether. Delta has reduced the
effectiveness of the vaccine but it's still working.

And yes, though they apply novel methods the vaccines are still vaccines. They
work by exposing the immune system to antigens found on the virus, just like
traditonal vaccines but more safely because live virus isn't used to produce
them (except the Chinese vaccine).

Tim

Sep 23, 2021, 10:38:29 AM9/23/21
Have you read the numbers on how many are vaccinated in Israel? No, of course you haven't.

JWS

Sep 23, 2021, 11:26:02 AM9/23/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 6:10:52 PM UTC-5, Don Kresch wrote:
> Given that the "vaccines" (because they're not vaccines in the
> traditional sense) are each specific to one variant, and even then:
> only the spike protein:
The mRNA vaccines are the first widespread use of a vaccine
that was created in this way. The advantage of mRNA is that
it can be precisely known what the actual form of the "invader"
body will look like and how it will cause the immune system to
react. We no longer have to worry about having actual virus
components, which might still be active within the vaccination.
mRNA instructions are built without the need for any of the
internal genetic material of a real virus which does the actual
infection. You can think of the "virus" built from mRNA as just
a thin candy shell (the spikes are glucose -- sugar). All vaccines
of the past would have be built this way if we had had the
technology to do so because it is so much safer.

> what sort of evolutionary pressure is being
> brought upon C19? Could that be the reason that the "vaccines" don't
> work very well (see: Israel)? Could it be the reason that we're seeing
> numerous variants that the "vaccines" are useless against?
There is no problem with Israel. Israel opened up fully without
heard immunity and naturally are paying the price.
Variants happen during mutation. For a virus to mutate, it has
to be infecting a cell where the genetic machinery is being
used. If people did not get severe infections, there would be
little chance for mutation. If people would get vaccinated,
quickly, and all together, there would soon be no pandemic.
But anti-vaxers, RIghtards, and morons are out there spreading
the. virus, getting infected, and creating new opportunities.for
the virus to mutate and produce variants.

> Could that be the reason that the immune systems of those who've had
> it have a better time fighting off other variants--because the immune
> system isn't that specific?
People who have had -19 may have an immunity to another
such infection. But they do not have as good a response
to Delta as a vaccinated individual because the immune
response to the vaccine generates anti-bodies that are
capable of identifying a more generalized appearance of
the mutated virus.

> Evolution: it's real.
No shit, Sherlock.

Siri Cruise

Sep 23, 2021, 3:04:13 PM9/23/21
In article <part1of1.1.c...@ue.ph>,
Malcolm McMahon <mal...@theriomorph.me.uk> wrote:

> And yes, though they apply novel methods the vaccines are still vaccines.
> They
> work by exposing the immune system to antigens found on the virus, just like
> traditonal vaccines but more safely because live virus isn't used to produce
> them (except the Chinese vaccine).

Immunity is based on finding a portion of a spike that disables
the protein if coverred (by an antibody). Because this part of
the virus depends on the host cell membrane, it cannot evolve as
easily as any other part of the virus. So immunity tends to
remain despite virus evolution. However the more hosts that
incubate and release the virus the higher probablity the spike
will successfully evolve and spread.

Antibodies are very specific. What matters is not how the antigen
is presented to the immune system, but that it is presented
accurately and as if dangerous so the immune system learns how to
create effective antibodies.

A virus that cannot recognise a cell membrane floats harmlessly
in the blood until the liver eats it.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\