(5) GENESIS ONE

瀏覽次數:3 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Publius

未讀,
1994年4月21日 晚上8:35:481994/4/21
收件者:

(5) GENESIS

A favorite subject for derision by Atheists has been the 'Adam
and Eve' story in 'Genesis Two.' No one makes fun of 'Genesis One.'
That is because 'Genesis One', reflecting the Egyptian concept
of the process of Evolution, comes pretty close to modern
Evolution theory., and it should. After all the Egyptians, during
thousands of years of exploration, mining and quarrying had
a pretty good knowledge of geological formations, fossils, etc.
So it is no surprise that in their version, the first mention of
'Life' goes like this: "And God said, Let the waters bring forth
abundantly the moving creature that hath life". But before that
they had God create the plant kingdom. I don't know how that
squares with what our scientists believe.
As to the "God said...", consider the fact that the Egyptians
appeared at the 'Dawn of Civilization' and they were short on
'Scientific' data. Otherwise, they might have said:
"Darwin said..." or "Hawking said..." or "Sagan said..." Let's
give them a break.
Anyway, as the various levels of the Animal Kingdom appeared,
"God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful and multiply..." and this
process ended on the "Fifth Day".
Now the interesting part - "The Sixth Day":
It begins: " And God said, let us make Man in our image, after our
likeness and let them have dominion over ... every living thing...
upon the Earth."
This is a significant departure from the process of creation
because God discusses the next move with Others and it is
mutually agreed to go ahead, and "So God created Man in his
own image...male and female created he them."- "And God blessed
them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and
replenish the earth and subdue it." That's it.
On the "Seventh Day" "God ...rested...from all his work which
he had made."

I stared for a while at what appeared to be the end of 'Genesis
One' - incredulous. Then, "Wait a minute! This can't be it! So
we have 'Homo Sapiens' armed with an "Intellect' and thus the
ability to understand the workings of the Physical Universe
and the capability to "subdue the Earth". But how do you account
for the "Egyptians" who believed they had a 'Soul' - a 'double' -
that survived beyond this Life; Who felt a Union with God and
a Moral Sense as "Children of God". Yes, and how do you account
for me and others like me who share that World Outlook?!
There has got to be an "Eighth Day'! And it has got to be some-
where here in the Bible!"
So then I started to read -word for word - and almost giving up,
when - Lo! - I found it! The account of the "Eighth Day"!
Aren't you excited? As I was?
I can hardly wait to tell you about it - in my next Discourse.
PUBLIUS

MICHELLE dammit

未讀,
1994年4月22日 下午4:11:421994/4/22
收件者:
In article <2p7654$8...@inca.gate.net> pub...@inca.gate.net (Publius) writes:

>Aren't you excited?

No.

--
Michelle A. Cloud, * "Of course, a certain number of scientists
Molecular Biologist at large * have to go mad, just to keep the tradition

Timothy J Lehnerer

未讀,
1994年4月22日 下午5:56:321994/4/22
收件者:

So, is this really part 5 or just part 6
pretending to be 5?

--
Tim Lehnerer--Feckless Heathen |"The shadow hanging over me is no
mut...@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu |trick of the light." --The Pogues

Tony Lawrence

未讀,
1994年4月22日 晚上7:50:401994/4/22
收件者:
Publius (pub...@inca.gate.net) wrote:

: But before that

: they had God create the plant kingdom. I don't know how that
: squares with what our scientists believe.

Pooby doesn't know about evolution????

Say it isn't so!

--
Tony

Surgeon General's Warning: Quitting Religion Now Greatly Increases
the Chances of World Peace.

Donald J. Mosemann

未讀,
1994年4月22日 晚上7:55:031994/4/22
收件者:
In article <2p7654$8...@inca.gate.net>, Publius <pub...@inca.gate.net> wrote:

> (5) GENESIS
>
>A favorite subject for derision by Atheists has been the 'Adam
>and Eve' story in 'Genesis Two.' No one makes fun of 'Genesis One.'
>That is because 'Genesis One', reflecting the Egyptian concept
>of the process of Evolution, comes pretty close to modern
>Evolution theory., and it should.

Actually, I believe you are mistaken in attributing Genesis one to
Egyptian sources. This creation myth is thought to have been a part of
the P text which is believed to have been written in Bablyon during the
Exile. In fact, the story shares alot in common with a Babylonian
creation myths.

>After all the Egyptians, during
>thousands of years of exploration, mining and quarrying had
>a pretty good knowledge of geological formations, fossils, etc.
>So it is no surprise that in their version, the first mention of
>'Life' goes like this: "And God said, Let the waters bring forth
>abundantly the moving creature that hath life". But before that
>they had God create the plant kingdom. I don't know how that
>squares with what our scientists believe.

Interesting speculation, however, I am not aware of any evidence that the
Egyptians possesed a theory of evolution.

Don

DYER, ANGELA

未讀,
1994年4月22日 上午8:49:121994/4/22
收件者:
In article <2p7654$8...@inca.gate.net> pub...@inca.gate.net (Publius) writes:

> (5) GENESIS

drivil about Egyptian evolutionary theories deleted.....

Yes, and how do you account
>for me and others like me who share that World Outlook?!
>There has got to be an "Eighth Day'! And it has got to be some-
>where here in the Bible!"
>So then I started to read -word for word - and almost giving up,
>when - Lo! - I found it! The account of the "Eighth Day"!
>Aren't you excited? As I was?

P, I think you have totally lost your mind. It is apparent that the pig
farmers finally got to you. I am sorry. Rest in Ham.

Angee

Bill Felton

未讀,
1994年4月23日 上午11:55:541994/4/23
收件者:
HA!

and PFEH!

Bill

A.X. Lias

未讀,
1994年4月23日 中午12:08:071994/4/23
收件者:
Publius (pub...@inca.gate.net) wrote:

: (5) GENESIS

Stan, I want you to try a little thought experiment. Imagine, for a
second, that you live in a magical land where people can't hurt other people
physically, and where there are no police (call this place Usenetainia).
It's a good land, because most of the people are polite and follow
certain codes of ettiquette, but sometimes there are people who are, for
lack of a better term, socially retarded.

Now imagine that someone wanders into your house and starts loudly
lecturing your about the miraculous benefits of vitamin C. You would
probably, being a polite Usenetian, ask this person to leave.
Unfortunately, this socially retarded person thinks that it is vitally
important for you to hear about vitamin C, at great length. Moreso, he
badgers all the guests who come into your house about their vitamin C
intake, and makes a point of randomly interjecting vitamin C related
comments into conversations that you are having with other people.

After awhile, it makes you begin to wish that there were police in
Usenetiania.

-----------------

The metaphore that I am trying to get across to you Stan is that the
Usenet only works as a free forum if people are willing to voluntarily
abide by certain conventions. Chief amoung those conventions are the
rules of nettiquette. One of the most immportant of those rules is that
you should not go to an inappropriate forum to post off-topic messages,
no matter how important and vital the subject is to you. If something is
that important, you should establish your own forum (which we are more
than willing to help you do) and talk about your vital information there.

If you and others keep flaunting these conditions, it will eventually
bring about a sentiment where all forums are policed. I don't think that
you would like that anymore than we would like that, but this is the type
of situation which you are provoking. Now please take your threads off
alt.atheism and set up your own forum where you can discuss your theories
with those who are interested in hearing them.
--
Andrew Lias | anrw...@netcom.com | Frobozz on IRC
*-------------------*-------------------------------*----------------------*

Patrick Mckane

未讀,
1994年4月23日 下午2:05:001994/4/23
收件者:

-=> Quoting Stan the Man to All <=-

Pu> (5) GENESIS

Pu> A favorite subject for derision by Atheists has been the 'Adam
Pu> and Eve' story in 'Genesis Two.' No one makes fun of 'Genesis One.'

Excuse me!?! Genesis One is just as much a pile of crap as is the
rest of the Xian Bible.

Pu> That is because 'Genesis One', reflecting the Egyptian concept
Pu> of the process of Evolution, comes pretty close to modern
Pu> Evolution theory., and it should. After all the Egyptians, during

I think you are getting more stupid by the minute!! Not only
is there no mention of evolution in the Bible but Genesis One
is rather anti-evolution. It says that all of the differences
in animals were _created_.

Pu> thousands of years of exploration, mining and quarrying had
Pu> a pretty good knowledge of geological formations, fossils, etc.
Pu> So it is no surprise that in their version, the first mention of
Pu> 'Life' goes like this: "And God said, Let the waters bring forth
Pu> abundantly the moving creature that hath life". But before that
Pu> they had God create the plant kingdom. I don't know how that
Pu> squares with what our scientists believe.

It doesn't square at all. Cows and birds appeared hundreds of
_MILLIONS_ of years after the first life began.

[blah, blah blah...]

Why do you continue to use the Xian Bible as a
reference source for postings on this channel?
It means nothing to us. You might as well be
farting.

'Til next time... Patrick
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 OS/2

----
| The Atlanta Windows BBS (404)516-0048 9 high-speed USR nodes |

0 則新訊息