Sahih Bukhari: Vol. 1:28, 301; Vol. 2:161; Vol. 7:124-126.

winnyto...@my-deja.com

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00
Sahih Bukhari: Vol. 1:28, 301; Vol. 2:161; Vol. 7:124-126.

I've read this Hadeeth when I started researching Islam a year ago, and
I found it to be the strongest evidence that men and women are not
equal. Let me explain:-

Let's say we have two classes in a certain school, they both have the
same number of students, and that number is a huge number. Say we gave
them both a test. The majority of Class A passed the test while the
majority of Class B failed. If both classes have the same mental
capabilities, same degree of education, same test, same incentives then
they should get very close results. Else, it means that something was
not right. That either Class B are not as well educated as A, or that
B's exam was harder, etc.... Thus the examiner isn't a fair examiner.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Shep

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00

Huh? What are you getting at?

Peter van Velzen

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00
What did the American commander at Bastogne say to the Germans?
Here's another one of those!
--
"Think for yourself"
Peter van Velzen

winnyto...@my-deja.com wrote in article
<8qdjcu$c8j$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

Martin Thomas

Sep 22, 2000, 1:34:14 AM9/22/00
winnyto...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Sahih Bukhari: Vol. 1:28, 301; Vol. 2:161; Vol. 7:124-126.

I have never heard of the 'Sahih Bukhari', so I do not know the
significance of these references. I have no idea why you assume
that many people reading alt.atheism would know that.

> I've read this Hadeeth when I started researching Islam a year ago, and
> I found it to be the strongest evidence that men and women are not
> equal. Let me explain:-
>
> Let's say we have two classes in a certain school, they both have the
> same number of students, and that number is a huge number. Say we gave
> them both a test. The majority of Class A passed the test while the
> majority of Class B failed. If both classes have the same mental
> capabilities, same degree of education, same test, same incentives then
> they should get very close results. Else, it means that something was
> not right. That either Class B are not as well educated as A, or that
> B's exam was harder, etc.... Thus the examiner isn't a fair examiner.

That is not evidence that men and women are not equal. Firstly, nowhere
in your second paragraph do you refer to men and women. Secondly, you
have only told us about a hypothetical test in a hypothetical school.

What point do you want to make?

*** Martin Thomas ***
In heaven all the interesting people are missing. -- Friedrich Nietzsche
To reply, turn off the light.

Panama Floyd

Sep 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/22/00
>From: winnyto...@my-deja.com
>Date: 9/21/00 2:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time

>Sahih Bukhari: Vol. 1:28, 301; Vol. 2:161; Vol. 7:124-126.
>
>I've read this Hadeeth when I started researching Islam a year ago, and
>I found it to be the strongest evidence that men and women are not
>equal. Let me explain:-

No thanks. I have very little respect for any woman who would cling to a belief
that restricts herself to being a "2nd class citizen".

And I have even less respect for a man that would help them to do so.

Eat more pork, you sadistic bastard.

<Plonk da Muzzie!!!>

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta
aa# maybe soon...
EAC Reclamation Committee Chair (..Soylent Green is people!!...)

"The altar cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
-Mark Twain, Notebook, 1898

I'm the EAC, and I vote!!

stoney

Sep 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/22/00
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:18:29 GMT, winnyto...@my-deja.com wrote:

]>Sahih Bukhari: Vol. 1:28, 301; Vol. 2:161; Vol. 7:124-126.

]>
]>I've read this Hadeeth when I started researching Islam a year ago, and
]>I found it to be the strongest evidence that men and women are not
]>equal. Let me explain:-

]>
]>Let's say we have two classes in a certain school, they both have the

]>same number of students, and that number is a huge number. Say we gave
]>them both a test. The majority of Class A passed the test while the
]>majority of Class B failed. If both classes have the same mental
]>capabilities, same degree of education, same test, same incentives then
]>they should get very close results. Else, it means that something was
]>not right. That either Class B are not as well educated as A, or that
]>B's exam was harder, etc.... Thus the examiner isn't a fair examiner.

Of course not. One can't expect fairness from the xtian or islamic
superstition.

Stoney

Patrick Gliddon

Sep 22, 2000, 11:52:49 PM9/22/00
In article <8qdjcu$c8j$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, winnyto...@my-deja.com wrote:
>Sahih Bukhari: Vol. 1:28, 301; Vol. 2:161; Vol. 7:124-126.
>
>I've read this Hadeeth when I started researching Islam a year ago, and
>I found it to be the strongest evidence that men and women are not
>equal. Let me explain:-
>
>Let's say we have two classes in a certain school, they both have the
>same number of students, and that number is a huge number. Say we gave
>them both a test. The majority of Class A passed the test while the
>majority of Class B failed. If both classes have the same mental
>capabilities, same degree of education, same test, same incentives then
>they should get very close results. Else, it means that something was
>not right. That either Class B are not as well educated as A, or that
>B's exam was harder, etc.... Thus the examiner isn't a fair examiner.

Hadiths I do not recognise, nor do I recognise Mohammed as being a prophet,
nor do I recognise the Quran as the word of God, nor to I recognise the
existence of God.

Having said that, drawing conclusions regarding the nature of men vs. women on
the basis of this incoherent argument that starts...and rather poops out in
confusion...is silly.

Perhaps you could clarify this? Did you press the <send> key accidentally?

Patrick Gliddon
GCU Unwarranted Optimist

The tides of history are unforgiving.
All sandcastles will be washed away.