The Legend of Moses was already ancient when the book of Exodus was written

Ted

Jan 27, 2023, 8:44:42 PM1/27/23
It was the legend of an Egyptian prince. And how do we know that?
Because of the hilariously ridiculous bullshit story in Exodus
2:1-10, contrived to convert him into a Hebrew. Also because the name
"Moses" was popular among Egyptian royalty, as it means "begotten".
For example, Rameses was begotten of the god Ra and Thutmose for the
god Thoth.

The book of Exodus is a collection of ancient legends and traditions,
molded into their fable about the founding of Israel. Like the rest
of the Bible, it's mostly bullshit.

Dr. Who

Jan 27, 2023, 11:53:18 PM1/27/23
On Jan 27, 2023, Ted wrote
(in article<almarsoft.8285...@news.easynews.com>):
Yet the name of Joseph, the Egyptian name given him has been found in the
tops of Ancient bldgs by Archeologists, Joseph was the son of Issac who ruled
Egypt under the auspices of the Pharaoh at the time for well past 7 years.
The daughter of the Pharaoh at the time Moses wa found floating on the river,
hired his Mom as the wet nurse.

Have you ever considered being a fiction writer?

hhya...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2023, 6:20:53 AM1/28/23
The fake and false stories have fascinated all the White people who seem to be devoid of common sense!
With a little bit of alertness, those stories in the bible are as useless as the trash in the dump site!!!

Ted

Jan 28, 2023, 7:34:05 AM1/28/23
On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 20:53:13 -0800, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2023, Ted wrote
> (in article<almarsoft.8285...@news.easynews.com>):

> > It was the legend of an Egyptian prince. And how do we know that?
> > Because of the hilariously ridiculous bullshit story in Exodus
> > 2:1-10, contrived to convert him into a Hebrew. Also because the
name
> > "Moses" was popular among Egyptian royalty, as it means
"begotten".
> > For example, Rameses was begotten of the god Ra and Thutmose for
the
> > god Thoth.
> >
> > The book of Exodus is a collection of ancient legends and
traditions,
> > molded into their fable about the founding of Israel. Like the
rest
> > of the Bible, it's mostly bullshit.

> Yet the name of Joseph, the Egyptian name given him has been found
in the
> tops of Ancient bldgs by Archeologists, Joseph was the son of Issac
who ruled
> Egypt under the auspices of the Pharaoh at
> the time for well past 7 years.

I've read a few things about it, mostly intriguing speculation. I do
recall reading they found the name Jacob but don't remember a mention
of Joseph. If you have a link, I'll happily read it.

> The daughter of the Pharaoh at the time Moses wa found floating on
the river,
> hired his Mom as the wet nurse.

LOL. Yes. It worked out quite well for them. She got to raise her own
kid in luxury. But it isn't true.

> Have you ever considered being a fiction
> writer?

I'm not sufficiently talented, although one of my progeny is. But
what I post is true or I wouldn't post it. Exodus 2:1-10 is pure
bullshit and if you believe it really happened then I have a great
real estate opportunity I suspect will interest you.

Ted

Jan 28, 2023, 7:42:04 AM1/28/23
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 03:20:50 -0800 (PST), "hhya...@gmail.com"
<hhya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 9:44:42 AM UTC+8, Jack Sovalot
wrote:
> > It was the legend of an Egyptian prince. And how do we know that?
> > Because of the hilariously ridiculous bullshit story in Exodus
> > 2:1-10, contrived to convert him into a Hebrew. Also because the
name
> > "Moses" was popular among Egyptian royalty, as it means
"begotten".
> > For example, Rameses was begotten of the god Ra and Thutmose for
the
> > god Thoth.
> >
> > The book of Exodus is a collection of ancient legends and
traditions,
> > molded into their fable about the founding of Israel. Like the
rest
> > of the Bible, it's mostly bullshit.

> The fake and false stories have fascinated
> all the White people who seem to be
> devoid of common sense!

It does seem so. But Hinduism is equally idiotic.

> With a little bit of alertness, those stories in
> the bible are as useless as the trash in the
> dump site!!!

Well, I wouldn't go that far, although the christers do treat it as
trash.

Mitchell Holman

Jan 28, 2023, 9:36:11 AM1/28/23
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> wrote in
The Bible says it, you believe it, and that settles it.

Dr. Who

Jan 28, 2023, 11:20:10 AM1/28/23
On Jan 28, 2023, Ted wrote
(in article<almarsoft.5885...@news.easynews.com>):
You memory must have slipped, since it was Jospeh not Jacob as you will see
in the link below.

> > The daughter of the Pharaoh at the time Moses wa found floating on
> the river,
> > hired his Mom as the wet nurse.
>
> LOL. Yes. It worked out quite well for them. She got to raise her own
> kid in luxury. But it isn't true.
>
> > Have you ever considered being a fiction
> > writer?
>
> I'm not sufficiently talented, although one of my progeny is. But
> what I post is true or I wouldn't post it. Exodus 2:1-10 is pure
> bullshit and if you believe it really happened then I have a great
> real estate opportunity I suspect will interest you.

https://marktabata.com/2021/11/16/archaeological-evidences-of-joseph-in-
egypt/

While this isn’t what I first set out to show you, this is very interesting
and covers all your negative points. It points you by name to what you can
out into your search engine for the proofs. There are plenty of proof
pictures on the Net if you did a search, as well as U-tube videos on the
subject.

Yes I do believe all the Bible as it is the word of God.

Dr. Who

Jan 28, 2023, 11:21:32 AM1/28/23
On Jan 28, 2023, Mitchell Holman wrote
(in article<XnsAF9A55BE2CAF8...@69.80.101.54>):
Yes, however archeological evidence also supports it.

Mitchell Holman

Jan 28, 2023, 1:58:34 PM1/28/23
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> wrote in
There is no archeological evidence
for Moses, or plagues of Egypt, or
and exodus, or "40 years of wandering
in the desert". It is all fiction.

The Exodus: Does archaeology have a say?
Jerusalem Post
04/14/2014

The Exodus is so fundamental to us and our Jewish
sources that it is embarrassing that there is no
evidence outside of the Bible to support it.

The short answer is "no". The whole subject of the
Exodus is embarrassing to archaeologists. The Exodus
is so fundamental to us and our Jewish sources that
it is embarrassing that there is no evidence outside
of the Bible to support it. So we prefer not to talk
about it, and hate to be asked about it.

For the account in the Torah is the basis of our
people’s creation, it is the basis of our existence
and it is the basis of our important Passover festival
and the whole Haggada that we recite on the first
evening of this festival of freedom. So that makes
archaeologists reluctant to have to tell our brethren
and ourselves that there is nothing in Egyptian records
to support it. Nothing on the slavery of the Israelites,
nothing on the plagues that persuaded Pharaoh to let
them go, nothing on the miraculous crossing of the Red
Sea, nothing.
http://tinyurl.com/le5o6yl

Ted

Jan 28, 2023, 1:59:39 PM1/28/23
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 08:20:05 -0800, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
Good article, Robert, thank you. I added it to my collection.
Fascinating stuff.

But even if the story of Joseph is mostly true, the book of Exodus is
still mostly false.

It is true, however, that escapees from Egypt migrated to Israel,
carrying Yahweh along with them, whom they identified with the
inhabitants' god El.

Jeroboam, btw, also later tried to connect the two in order to better
integrate the Israelites and Canaanites in his kingdom. Hence, the
golden calves (bulls) he installed at Bethel and Dan.

Dr. Who

Jan 28, 2023, 2:37:31 PM1/28/23
On Jan 28, 2023, Ted wrote
(in article<almarsoft.3391...@news.easynews.com>):
That is a common mistake that many people make, especially atheists.

“El, Elohim” Is and was the common name for “GOD, God, god”, by all
peoples from the times of Noah, It became generic via the usage by many
peoples. It was also used as a term for Master, or someone in control, like a
ruler.

When God decided to chose a people for himself, he selected the Hebrew
descendants of Abraham through which he was going to show himself to all
peoples, They were a nondescript people, short, disadvantaged, etc. By this
time there were poly-gods or all types. So to differentiate himself from all
the Generics he told Moses that He,Yehovah, was to be the name of their
“One” God. From that he establish himself apart from all other man made
God, and through that name was to be the path to The Heavenly Father unto the
end of Time. We know him by the name of Jesus, and the Heavenly Father is
called the “Ancient One” in the OT.

> Jeroboam, btw, also later tried to connect the two in order to better
> integrate the Israelites and Canaanites in his kingdom. Hence, the
> golden calves (bulls) he installed at Bethel and Dan.

No, He set up false gods, leading to the undoing of the Jews, a common
mistake of those people over the course of centuries where they would follow
other gods, then repent when things got really, really, bad and return to
Yehovah God.

Here is the proof that he separated the 10 Northern tribes from God, and then
that part of the Nation divorced themselves from God.

2Ch 13:9 (KJV)

9 Have ye not cast out the priests of the LORD, the sons of Aaron, and the
Levites, and have made you priests after the manner of the nations of other
lands? so that whosoever cometh to consecrate himself with a young bullock
and seven rams, the same may be a priest of them that are no gods.

servant

Jan 28, 2023, 2:53:15 PM1/28/23
Did the hebrew Moses exist as a historical person?

Agnostic/atheist bible scholar bart ehrman; after considering the views of
the many bible scholars he knows on the question has a concise to the point
answer; "maybe - maybe not".

But dispair not, our resident crack bible scholar has the decisive final
answer for us:

> The Legend of Moses was already ancient when the book of Exodus was written
>
> From: Ted <tedsm...@gmail.com>
> Reply to: Ted
> Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 20:44:37 -0500
> Newsgroups:
> alt.christnet.christianlife,
> alt.messianic,
> alt.bible.prophecy,
> alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,
> alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox,
> alt.atheism
> Followup to: newsgroups

Dr. Who

Jan 28, 2023, 3:07:13 PM1/28/23
On Jan 28, 2023, Mitchell Holman wrote
(in article<XnsAF9A823A5EA2A...@69.80.101.59>):
You cannot read very well, can you? So you change the goal posts in order to
obfuscate the subject at hand.

The discovery of the Egyptian name of Jospeh in Egypt from when he ruled over
Egypt offsets and trumps your old article, also many other things have been
discovered there and throughout the land of Israel. Some of which if you have
done a recent search on the subject you will see plenty of evidences.

Now can I prove that you were never married by posting old historic articles
about you, Such as census records of other items of interest on you? Would
that mean that is your current state of being?
Message has been deleted

Ted

Jan 28, 2023, 4:08:00 PM1/28/23
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 11:37:27 -0800, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
The Canaanites referred to him more specifically as "Bull El".
Perhaps that was to differentiate him from all the other Els running
around.

> When God decided to chose a people for himself, he selected the
Hebrew
> descendants of Abraham through which he was going to show himself
to all
> peoples, They were a nondescript people, short, disadvantaged, etc.
By this
> time there were poly-gods or all types. So to differentiate himself
from all
> the Generics he told Moses that He,Yehovah, was to be the name of
their
> “One” God. From that he establish himself apart from all other man
made
> God, and through that name was to be the path to The Heavenly
Father unto the
> end of Time. We know him by the name of Jesus, and the Heavenly
Father is
> called the “Ancient One” in the OT.

The earliest archaeological record of Yhwh is in Midian. The escapees
from Egypt, already monotheists (well, their leaders were), adopted
the name as an alternate for their god Aten.

Many of them were former Egyptian military and they provided military
training for their fellow escapees, out of necessity, cuz Egypt
wanted them dead. So they were nobody to fuck with. And when they
heard about the nascent country of Israel, land of opportunity in
those days, they decided to check it out, found it was easy pickin's,
and negotiated a place for themselves with the Israelite inhabitants.

Two of the most ancient passages in the Bible are the Song of Miriam
and the Song of Deborah, the former making no mention of Israel and
the latter making no mention of Levites, as both were composed before
their meeting.

> > Jeroboam, btw, also later tried to connect the two in order to
better
> > integrate the Israelites and Canaanites in his kingdom. Hence, the
> > golden calves (bulls) he installed at Bethel and Dan.

> No, He set up false gods, leading to the

What he was trying to do is clear. Read what he told the people they
were.

> undoing of the Jews, a common
> mistake of those people over the course of centuries where they
would follow
> other gods, then repent when things got really, really, bad and
return to
> Yehovah God.

> Here is the proof that he separated the 10 Northern tribes from
God, and then
> that part of the Nation divorced themselves from God.

> 2Ch 13:9 (KJV)

> 9 Have ye not cast out the priests of the LORD, the sons of Aaron,
and the
> Levites, and have made you priests after the manner of the nations
of other
> lands? so that whosoever cometh to consecrate himself with a young
bullock
> and seven rams, the same may be a priest of them that are no gods.

Yeah, that's what mainly pissed off the Levites. Jeroboam just hired
any old Joes off the street to be priests.

teslaStinker

Jan 28, 2023, 4:14:57 PM1/28/23
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> Wrote in message:r
> On Jan 27, 2023, Ted wrote(in article<almarsoft.8285...@news.easynews.com>):> It was the legend of an Egyptian prince. And how do we know that?> Because of the hilariously ridiculous bullshit story in Exodus> 2:1-10, contrived to convert him into a Hebrew. Also because the name> "Moses" was popular among Egyptian royalty, as it means "begotten".> For example, Rameses was begotten of the god Ra and Thutmose for the> god Thoth.>> The book of Exodus is a collection of ancient legends and traditions,> molded into their fable about the founding of Israel. Like the rest> of the Bible, it's mostly bullshit.Yet the name of Joseph, the Egyptian name given him has been found in the tops of Ancient bldgs by Archeologists, Joseph was the son of Issac who ruled Egypt under the auspices of the Pharaoh at the time for well past 7 years. The daughter of the Pharaoh at the time Moses wa found floating on the river, hired his Mom as the wet nurse.Have you ever considered being a fiction writer?

It's not fiction. Look at the ocean floor maps of national
geographic! Then explain how that dyke got there. When God
opened the water for Moses. Besides, they have several proofs
that those books are not bogus. It's called science
stupid.
--
Daniel

teslaStinker

Jan 28, 2023, 4:29:33 PM1/28/23
Ted <tedsm...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 03:20:50 -0800 (PST), "hhya...@gmail.com" <hhya...@gmail.com> wrote:> On Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 9:44:42 AM UTC+8, Jack Sovalot wrote:> > It was the legend of an Egyptian prince. And how do we know that? > > Because of the hilariously ridiculous bullshit story in Exodus > > 2:1-10, contrived to convert him into a Hebrew. Also because the name > > "Moses" was popular among Egyptian royalty, as it means "begotten". > > For example, Rameses was begotten of the god Ra and Thutmose for the > > god Thoth. > > > > The book of Exodus is a collection of ancient legends and traditions, > > molded into their fable about the founding of Israel. Like the rest > > of the Bible, it's mostly bullshit.> The fake and false stories have fascinated> all the White people who seem to be> devoid of common sense!It does seem so. But Hinduism is equally idiotic.> With a little bit of alertness, those stories in> the bible are as useless as the trash in the> dump site!!!Well, I wouldn't go that far, although the christers do treat it as trash.

There not christian. We need to call you Ted the dummy. You
are despicable. No, the Real Bible is not bs. It backs itself
up. For that reason, you would understand its not made of lies,
and no stupid liar wrote it, or in no way, could all those books
inside it, back itself up. Besides, tremendously science backs
up its truths.

Ted

Jan 28, 2023, 5:25:17 PM1/28/23
On 28 Jan 2023 19:53:11 GMT, servant wrote:

> Did the hebrew Moses exist as a historical
> person?

Short answer is no. Although it's probable that it was a real person
who eventually became Moses, there isn't any history we know about
the guy.

> Agnostic/atheist bible scholar bart ehrman; after considering the
views of
> the many bible scholars he knows on the question has a concise to
the point
> answer; "maybe - maybe not".

> But dispair not, our resident crack bible scholar has the decisive
final
> answer for us:

I've already explained to you that I don't make up this stuff. The
fact that you think I do just reveals your gross ignorance.

Ted

Jan 28, 2023, 5:34:23 PM1/28/23
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 13:29:30 -0800 (PST), teslaStinker
<ser...@truecarpentry.org> wrote:
> Ted <tedsm...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r

> There not christian. We need to call you Ted the dummy. You
> are despicable. No, the Real Bible is not bs. It backs itself
> up. For that reason, you would understand its not made of lies,
> and no stupid liar wrote it, or in no way, could all those books
> inside it, back itself up. Besides, tremendously science backs
> up its truths.

Most of the Bible isn't deliberate lies (although much of it
certainly is). That doesn't mean it's true, however. Most of it is
indeed bullshit.

No, it doesn't back itself up. No, science doesn't back it up. You
just want to believe that.

Ted

Jan 28, 2023, 5:34:47 PM1/28/23
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 12:13:03 -0800 (PST), "They Lean On Founding
Fathers' Misunderstanding" <unumk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> DO YOU HAVE YOUR BRAIN IN YOUR ASS?

LMAO!

Dr. Who

Jan 28, 2023, 6:59:05 PM1/28/23
On Jan 28, 2023, Ted wrote
(in article<almarsoft.3420...@news.easynews.com>):
A Bull is a symbol of God in the ancient languages.

> > When God decided to chose a people for himself, he selected the
> Hebrew
> > descendants of Abraham through which he was going to show himself
> to all
> > peoples, They were a nondescript people, short, disadvantaged, etc.
> By this
> > time there were poly-gods or all types. So to differentiate himself
> from all
> > the Generics he told Moses that He,Yehovah, was to be the name of
> their
> > “One” God. From that he establish himself apart from all other man
> made
> > God, and through that name was to be the path to The Heavenly
> Father unto the
> > end of Time. We know him by the name of Jesus, and the Heavenly
> Father is
> > called the “Ancient One” in the OT.
>
> The earliest archaeological record of Yhwh is in Midian. The escapees
> from Egypt, already monotheists (well, their leaders were), adopted
> the name as an alternate for their god Aten.

You need to show proof of that statement. Yes, the Hebrew Children of were
mostly of the One God Elohim, but many, very man, had adopted the Egyptian
polygons. If, by saying the escapee’s from Egypt selected an alternate name
for their historical God then you are in error.

> Many of them were former Egyptian military and they provided military
> training for their fellow escapees, out of necessity, cuz Egypt
> wanted them dead. So they were nobody to fuck with. And when they
> heard about the nascent country of Israel, land of opportunity in
> those days, they decided to check it out, found it was easy pickin's,
> and negotiated a place for themselves with the Israelite inhabitants.

Practicing your fiction skills again? ;)

> Two of the most ancient passages in the Bible are the Song of Miriam
> and the Song of Deborah, the former making no mention of Israel and
> the latter making no mention of Levites, as both were composed before
> their meeting.

“And the children of Israel were fruitful, and increased abundantly, and
multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was filled with them.”
(Exo 1:7, KJV)

As you can see, they were all called the Children of Israel. Thus Israelite,
and in Exodus, as to Judges, there were Levites in the Land of Israel, They
migrated there with the other 11 tribes of Israel. And in the book of Judges
a son of a Levite was mentioned. And possibly more.

> > > Jeroboam, btw, also later tried to connect the two in order to
> better
> > > integrate the Israelites and Canaanites in his kingdom. Hence, the
> > > golden calves (bulls) he installed at Bethel and Dan.
>
> > No, He set up false gods, leading to the
>
> What he was trying to do is clear. Read what he told the people they
> were.

He, like a false prophet was playing the people. Who were corrupted,

> > undoing of the Jews, a common
> > mistake of those people over the course of centuries where they
> would follow
> > other gods, then repent when things got really, really, bad and
> return to
> > Yehovah God.
>
> > Here is the proof that he separated the 10 Northern tribes from
> God, and then
> > that part of the Nation divorced themselves from God.
>
> > 2Ch 13:9 (KJV)
>
> > 9 Have ye not cast out the priests of the LORD, the sons of Aaron,
> and the
> > Levites, and have made you priests after the manner of the nations
> of other
> > lands? so that whosoever cometh to consecrate himself with a young
> bullock
> > and seven rams, the same may be a priest of them that are no gods.
>
> Yeah, that's what mainly pissed off the Levites. Jeroboam just hired
> any old Joes off the street to be priests.

Judaism has laws and ordinances to follow, all of with the ancestors of the
ten northern tribes had signed on to. They were breaking their covenant to
the God of Israel.

Dr. Who

Jan 28, 2023, 7:03:36 PM1/28/23
On Jan 28, 2023, teslaStinker wrote
(in article <tr438d$2cqvf$1...@dont-email.me>):
Hey, Stupid, you better learn how to read your newsreader, As to the
“Dyke”If it is still standing there, then explain how the Egyptian Army
and its leader were drowned.

Ted

Jan 28, 2023, 7:41:53 PM1/28/23
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 15:59:00 -0800, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2023, Ted wrote
> (in article<almarsoft.3420...@news.easynews.com>):

> > The Canaanites referred to him more
> > specifically as "Bull El". Perhaps that was
> > to differentiate him from all the other Els
> > running around.

> A Bull is a symbol of God in the ancient
> languages.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

> > The earliest archaeological record of
> > Yhwh is in Midian. The escapees from
> > Egypt, already monotheists (well, their
> > leaders were), adopted the name as an
> > alternate for their god Aten.

> You need to show proof of that statement.
> Yes, the Hebrew Children of were mostly of
> the One God Elohim, but many, very man,
> had adopted the Egyptian polygons. If, by
> saying the escapee’s from Egypt selected
> an alternate name for their historical God
> then you are in error.

When I say "escapees from Egypt", I'm not referring to the Hebrew
slaves of Exodus.

> > Many of them were former Egyptian
> > military and they provided military
> > training for their fellow escapees, out of
> > necessity, cuz Egypt wanted them dead.
> > So they were nobody to fuck with. And
> > when they heard about the nascent
> > country of Israel, land of opportunity in
> > those days, they decided to check it out,
> > found it was easy pickin's, and
> > negotiated a place for themselves with
> > the Israelite inhabitants.

> Practicing your fiction skills again? ;)

Actually, it all follows from known facts. It would require a page or
two to explain the whole paragraph, but lemme know what particularly
you doubt, and I'll explain that.

> > Two of the most ancient passages in the
> > Bible are the Song of Miriam and the
> > Song of Deborah, the former making no
> > mention of Israel and the latter making
> > no mention of Levites, as both were
> > composed before their meeting.

> “And the children of Israel were fruitful, and
> increased abundantly, and multiplied, and
> waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was
> filled with them.” (Exo 1:7, KJV)

> As you can see, they were all called the
> Children of Israel. Thus Israelite, and in
> Exodus, as to Judges, there were Levites in
> the Land of Israel, They migrated there
> with the other 11 tribes of Israel. And in the
> book of Judges a son of a Levite was
> mentioned. And possibly more.

The only Israelites in the Bible with Egyptian names are Levites.
Ever wonder about that? And didn't you read what I said above about
the Song of Miriam and the Song of Deborah?

> > What he was trying to do is clear. Read
> > what he told the people they were.

> He, like a false prophet was playing the
> people. Who were corrupted,

Jeroboam was trying to do what a competent king would do, unite his
people.

> > Yeah, that's what mainly pissed off the
> > Levites. Jeroboam just hired any old
> > Joes off the street to be priests.

> Judaism has laws and ordinances to
> follow, all of with the ancestors of the ten
> northern tribes had signed on to. They
> were breaking their covenant to the God of
> Israel.

Yes, he broke the previously agreed upon arrangement. But also, he
stabbed the Levites in the back, because without them, he wouldn't
have been king.

Dr. Who

Jan 28, 2023, 8:47:24 PM1/28/23
On Jan 28, 2023, Ted wrote
(in article<almarsoft.1028...@news.easynews.com>):

> On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 15:59:00 -0800, Dr. Who<dr....@biosphere.orb>
> wrote:
> > On Jan 28, 2023, Ted wrote
> > (in article<almarsoft.3420...@news.easynews.com>):
>
> > > The Canaanites referred to him more
> > > specifically as "Bull El". Perhaps that was
> > > to differentiate him from all the other Els
> > > running around.
>
> > A Bull is a symbol of God in the ancient
> > languages.
>
> Interesting, I didn't know that.
>
> > > The earliest archaeological record of
> > > Yhwh is in Midian. The escapees from
> > > Egypt, already monotheists (well, their
> > > leaders were), adopted the name as an
> > > alternate for their god Aten.
>
> > You need to show proof of that statement.
> > Yes, the Hebrew Children of were mostly of
> > the One God Elohim, but many, very man,
> > had adopted the Egyptian polygons. If, by
> > saying the escapee’s from Egypt selected
> > an alternate name for their historical God
> > then you are in error.
>
> When I say "escapees from Egypt", I'm not referring to the Hebrew
> slaves of Exodus.

Then I am clueless.

> > > Many of them were former Egyptian
> > > military and they provided military
> > > training for their fellow escapees, out of
> > > necessity, cuz Egypt wanted them dead.
> > > So they were nobody to fuck with. And
> > > when they heard about the nascent
> > > country of Israel, land of opportunity in
> > > those days, they decided to check it out,
> > > found it was easy pickin's, and
> > > negotiated a place for themselves with
> > > the Israelite inhabitants.
>
> > Practicing your fiction skills again? ;)
>
> Actually, it all follows from known facts. It would require a page or
> two to explain the whole paragraph, but lemme know what particularly
> you doubt, and I'll explain that.

All of it.

> > > Two of the most ancient passages in the
> > > Bible are the Song of Miriam and the
> > > Song of Deborah, the former making no
> > > mention of Israel and the latter making
> > > no mention of Levites, as both were
> > > composed before their meeting.
>
> > “And the children of Israel were fruitful, and
> > increased abundantly, and multiplied, and
> > waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was
> > filled with them.†(Exo 1:7, KJV)
>
> > As you can see, they were all called the
> > Children of Israel. Thus Israelite, and in
> > Exodus, as to Judges, there were Levites in
> > the Land of Israel, They migrated there
> > with the other 11 tribes of Israel. And in the
> > book of Judges a son of a Levite was
> > mentioned. And possibly more.
>
> The only Israelites in the Bible with Egyptian names are Levites.
> Ever wonder about that? And didn't you read what I said above about
> the Song of Miriam and the Song of Deborah?

Yes, I did, and I reviewed both books and their pertains statements of the
two women. That the women did not mention Israel my name was not necessary
for what they said.

> > > What he was trying to do is clear. Read
> > > what he told the people they were.
>
> > He, like a false prophet was playing the
> > people. Who were corrupted,
>
> Jeroboam was trying to do what a competent king would do, unite his
> people.

A godless one, perhaps. He was not competent that was pretty obvious.

> > > Yeah, that's what mainly pissed off the
> > > Levites. Jeroboam just hired any old
> > > Joes off the street to be priests.
>
> > Judaism has laws and ordinances to
> > follow, all of with the ancestors of the ten
> > northern tribes had signed on to. They
> > were breaking their covenant to the God of
> > Israel.
>
> Yes, he broke the previously agreed upon arrangement. But also, he
> stabbed the Levites in the back, because without them, he wouldn't
> have been king.

He actually stabbed God in the back for He was the one who directed the
Levites.

Mitchell Holman

Jan 28, 2023, 9:29:33 PM1/28/23
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> wrote in
If professional archeologists
and egyptologists agreed with you
you would have a point.

But they don't, so you don't.

Exodus Documentary: Evidence that Demands a Verdict
04-01-2015

"I hate to disappoint people, but we have no
evidence of a mass migration of people from
one people coming into another country,"
University of Haifa archaeologist Norma
Franklin states in the film. "I don't believe
there was a single event that we can call the
Exodus."

Egyptologist Maarten Raven, curator of the Leiden
Museum in the Netherlands, also doubts the biblical
account. "This person [Moses] could not have seen
all this. He imagined it"

"I'm very much against chronicle revisionism," said
James K. Hoffmeier, Egyptologist and professor of
Old Testament and Near Eastern Archaeology at
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield,
Illinois.

Egyptologist Mansour Boraik, director general of
Antiquities at Luxor, maintains "there's no
documented evidence about the Exodus."

And Tel Aviv University archaeologist Israel
Finkelstein concludes "[The] Exodus did not happen
in the way that it is described in the text."

http://tinyurl.com/p2kkqmz

Ted

Jan 28, 2023, 9:48:04 PM1/28/23
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 17:47:16 -0800, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
They were the followers of Akhenaten's monotheistic heresy and their
slaves and whatever other slaves they could gather before fleeing.
They were the proto Levites.

> > > Practicing your fiction skills again? ;)
> >
> > Actually, it all follows from known facts. It would require a
page or
> > two to explain the whole paragraph, but lemme know what
particularly
> > you doubt, and I'll explain that.

> All of it.

I'm willing to explain a bit at a time if you're interested.
You miss my point. The Song of Miriam was composed in Midian before
the proto Levites went to Israel and the Song of Deborah was composed
in Israel before they got there. That's why they demonstrate
ignorance of each other.

Ted

Jan 28, 2023, 10:09:25 PM1/28/23
Thanks Mitchell. Interesting that Finkelstein appended the qualifying
phrase. I would have expected him to end the sentence after the word
"happen". Iirc, he doesn't believe it occurred at all.

Dr. Who

Jan 28, 2023, 11:34:53 PM1/28/23
On Jan 28, 2023, Ted wrote
(in article<almarsoft.1762...@news.easynews.com>):
They were all unrelated to the tribe of Levites. One had to be born a Levite
to be of that tribe.

> > > Actually, it all follows from known facts. It would require a
> page or
> > > two to explain the whole paragraph, but lemme know what
> particularly
> > > you doubt, and I'll explain that.
>
> > All of it.
>
> I'm willing to explain a bit at a time if you're interested.

I was or I would not have asked. Hard to discuss things one is not familiar
with.
Before the Israelites went to Egypt there were Levites. The Tribe of Levites
left with the rest of the Hebrews from Egypt and wandered with the others in
the desert, and they also served in the Tabernacle of God that was moved
wherever they went. The Tent was always set up in the midst of the camp, with
the cloud of Glory over it at all times. The song of Deborah was made up
while they were in Canaan and were ruled by Judges.

It might help you to get a timeline of biblical events for all the major
points of interest, to look at. Your timelines have been known to be way off.

Dr. Who

Jan 28, 2023, 11:37:52 PM1/28/23
On Jan 28, 2023, Mitchell Holman wrote
(in article<XnsAF9ACEB068171...@69.80.102.57>):
The reason you do not know, is that you are not current. The truth of the
“real archeologist” just whooshes by you unobserved.

Dr. Who

Jan 28, 2023, 11:42:53 PM1/28/23
On Jan 28, 2023, Ted wrote
(in article<almarsoft.3954...@news.easynews.com>):
The book of Exodus documents the event.

Ted

Jan 29, 2023, 1:19:06 AM1/29/23
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 20:34:48 -0800, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
I'm telling you how the tribe of Levites was formed.

> > page or
> > particularly
> >
> > > All of it.
> >
> > I'm willing to explain a bit at a time if you're interested.

> I was or I would not have asked. Hard to
> discuss things one is not familiar with.

Then I'll start with the first sentence. Many of the fugitives were
nobility and members of the upper class, who would've certainly
served as army officers. The Tabernacle is modelled after the
Egyptian military battle headquarters. And they must have had
sufficient foresight to raid the armory before they split, and
trained the slaves they brought along, as they managed to pull off a
military upset victory against the pursuing Egyptians.
Israel was formed during the economic depression of the Late Bronze
Age when people from the coastal cities and pastoral nomads settled
there because the land was arable and unpopulated. They never "went
to Egypt".

> The Tribe of Levites left with the rest of the
> Hebrews from Egypt and wandered with
> the others in the desert, and they also

That never happened at all.

> served in the Tabernacle of God that was
> moved wherever they went. The Tent was always set up in the midst
of the camp, with
> the cloud of Glory over it at all times. The
> song of Deborah was made up while they
> were in Canaan and were ruled by Judges.

The book of Judges was assembled from old stories that happened five
or more centuries previously. Linguistic evidence dates the Song of
Deborah to around 1200 BCE, which also matches the story events.
However, the song doesn't correspond perfectly to the story.

> It might help you to get a timeline of
> biblical events for all the major points of
> interest, to look at. Your timelines have
> been known to be way off.

LOL. Funny, dude. My timeline is spot on. It's you fundies' timeline
that can be way off.

Ted

Jan 29, 2023, 1:28:38 AM1/29/23
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 20:42:48 -0800, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
wrote:
LOL. The book of Exodus is bullshit, Robert.

JTEM

Jan 29, 2023, 2:11:15 AM1/29/23
Jack Sovalot wrote:

> I finger myself. I really miss my dog.

The poor thing killed itself, but who could blame it?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/dog/page/2

Dr. Who

Jan 29, 2023, 2:56:05 AM1/29/23
On Jan 28, 2023, Ted wrote
(in article<almarsoft.5230...@news.easynews.com>):
They were all offspring of Levi, son of Jacob, brother of Joseph.
Sorry, but had that been true they too would have hated the Hebrews because
the firstborn of all they had would have been killed and they would have been
out for revenge blood with the rest of them. Time to do a rewrite. ;)
They initially went to Egypt because of drought, with the resulting Famine
that lasted for 7 years. And there they lived for over 400 years as
prophesied.

> > The Tribe of Levites left with the rest of the
> > Hebrews from Egypt and wandered with
> > the others in the desert, and they also
>
> That never happened at all.

Try very hard to convince yourself and you will believe it, over all the
evidence that exists on the Net, with pictures of proof on many things.

> > served in the Tabernacle of God that was
> > moved wherever they went. The Tent was always set up in the midst
> of the camp, with
> > the cloud of Glory over it at all times. The
> > song of Deborah was made up while they
> > were in Canaan and were ruled by Judges.
>
> The book of Judges was assembled from old stories that happened five
> or more centuries previously. Linguistic evidence dates the Song of
> Deborah to around 1200 BCE, which also matches the story events.
> However, the song doesn't correspond perfectly to the story.

To what story? Have you know concocted a new story line?

> > It might help you to get a timeline of
> > biblical events for all the major points of
> > interest, to look at. Your timelines have
> > been known to be way off.
>
> LOL. Funny, dude. My timeline is spot on. It's you fundies' timeline
> that can be way off.

The timeline of scripture is measurable in years, thanks to the genealogies
listed. And that is how we know how many years there are between know and the
time of Adam.

Dr. Who

Jan 29, 2023, 2:59:11 AM1/29/23
On Jan 28, 2023, Ted wrote
(in article<almarsoft.6719...@news.easynews.com>):
Well had that been true you would not have been able to see the Egyptian name
of Joseph in Egypt in pictures and videos.

Ted

Jan 29, 2023, 3:49:00 AM1/29/23
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 23:56:00 -0800, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
No, that's fiction.
Again, you're citing fiction. That never happened.
Nah. You showed me evidence indicating that the story of Joseph may
have been founded on a real individual. That's all. I told you where
the Israelites came from. And it wasn't Egypt.

> > > The Tribe of Levites left with the rest of the
> > > Hebrews from Egypt and wandered with
> > > the others in the desert, and they also
> >
> > That never happened at all.

> Try very hard to convince yourself and you will believe it, over
all the
> evidence that exists on the Net, with pictures of proof on many
things.

There is no evidence for the Exodus. None.

> > > served in the Tabernacle of God that was
> > > moved wherever they went. The Tent was always set up in the
midst
> > of the camp, with
> > > the cloud of Glory over it at all times. The
> > > song of Deborah was made up while they
> > > were in Canaan and were ruled by Judges.
> >
> > The book of Judges was assembled from old stories that happened
five
> > or more centuries previously. Linguistic evidence dates the Song
of
> > Deborah to around 1200 BCE, which also matches the story events.
> > However, the song doesn't correspond perfectly to the story.

> To what story? Have you know concocted a new story line?

Why are you feigning ignorance? You're one of the few christers who
actually know the Bible. You're as familiar with the story as I am.

> > > It might help you to get a timeline of
> > > biblical events for all the major points of
> > > interest, to look at. Your timelines have
> > > been known to be way off.
> >

> > LOL. Funny, dude. My timeline is spot on. It's you fundies'
timeline
> > that can be way off.

> The timeline of scripture is measurable in years, thanks to the
genealogies
> listed. And that is how we know how many years there are between
know and the
> time of Adam.

LOL. The Aaronid priests during the reign of Hezekiah wrote Genesis 1
as a replacement for the Adam and Eve myth because they knew it was
bullshit. That was in the 8th century BCE. But you 21st century
christers are still insisting it's true.

Ted

Jan 29, 2023, 3:50:05 AM1/29/23
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 23:59:07 -0800, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
Joseph has nothing to do with it. You know that.

Mitchell Holman

Jan 29, 2023, 9:34:21 AM1/29/23
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> wrote in news:tr4tg8$2k1hl$4@dont-
email.me:
Do you believe everything described
in the Bible is historically correct?

tesla sTinker

Jan 29, 2023, 12:10:47 PM1/29/23

On 1/28/2023 2:34 PM, Ted scribbled:
that is your own opinion which is not to say much about it. You cannot
prove. Science of when it backs up the bible ? it does, flames of hell
below, volcanoes, that it does not, horse shit ? its a time thing,
called carbon dating. It backs it up that way too... And you always have
liars who do lie about it all. Because they hate God, like you do.
Sometimes, even I get per-turd at Him, but not enough to make up lies
about His holy prophets and His Holy Book, like you do.

Dr. Who

Jan 29, 2023, 12:38:03 PM1/29/23
On Jan 29, 2023, Ted wrote
(in article<almarsoft.2832...@news.easynews.com>):
Isa 57:15-21 (KJV)

15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name
is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a
contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive
the heart of the contrite ones.

*******************
16 For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the
spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.
*******************

17 For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me,
and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart.

18 I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore
comforts unto him and to his mourners.

19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and
to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.

20 But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose
waters cast up mire and dirt.

21 There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

tesla sTinker

Jan 29, 2023, 12:55:29 PM1/29/23

On 1/28/2023 10:58 AM, Mitchell Holman scribbled:
You may not think so, But I know better. And for certain,
you do not know everything as God knows everything. So why
should anyone listen to someone who claims they know. Science,
all Science, is theory, It is not fact until theory is proven by
actual truth. And for this reason, Science is flawed, as in the same
way they cannot prove, the earth revolves around the Sun, because there
is no fixed point in space. At least we do know, its not Polaris, it
has slight movement.

So without a way to measure exact, it cannot be proven, yet the world
teaches its children such things as Galileo as fact, and its based on
theory only. This is wrong. No matter who does not think so.

In all the facts of true archeology, they have this one about Moses.
Yes, its all true, even the moved ocean floor and more ding dong...
So while your telling the world there is no evidence, think again.
You don't know shit, Mitchell Holman. and in reality, I do not either.
BUT, at least i try to know by what I read.... And I believe this is
truth, because I have those real maps, and if want them, you would have
to buy them... And no, the maps do not lie. Only people like you lie,
whether you mean it, or not.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/02/archaeologist-claims-mount-sinai-found-in-saudi-arabia/

> The Exodus: Does archaeology have a say?
> Jerusalem Post
> 04/14/2014
>
> The Exodus is so fundamental to us and our Jewish
> sources that it is embarrassing that there is no
> evidence outside of the Bible to support it.
>
> The short answer is "no". The whole subject of the
> Exodus is embarrassing to archaeologists. The Exodus
> is so fundamental to us and our Jewish sources that
> it is embarrassing that there is no evidence outside
> of the Bible to support it. So we prefer not to talk
> about it, and hate to be asked about it.
>
> For the account in the Torah is the basis of our
> people’s creation, it is the basis of our existence
> and it is the basis of our important Passover festival
> and the whole Haggada that we recite on the first
> evening of this festival of freedom. So that makes
> archaeologists reluctant to have to tell our brethren
> and ourselves that there is nothing in Egyptian records
> to support it. Nothing on the slavery of the Israelites,
> nothing on the plagues that persuaded Pharaoh to let
> them go, nothing on the miraculous crossing of the Red
> Sea, nothing.
> http://tinyurl.com/le5o6yl

tesla sTinker

Jan 29, 2023, 1:13:25 PM1/29/23

On 1/28/2023 4:03 PM, Dr. Who scribbled:
When God parted the waters, the dyke took place from divine force of the
water being parted. And of course, they drowned, when God let go of the
waters. And this, is not the only miracle God has ever done

S T U P I D . (((hence, the feelings mutual name caller)))
He has a whole list of them very long list of also. And no, most of
them, they will never explain of because of science, as its in the
stupids of man, dummy's, does not work at all in explain of divine
powers. Or divine providence. It never did, and it never will.
Unexplainable.... OH, its a magnet. Sure.!

Not divine power. But it can so explain, other things, such as, what is
found in history of material things. And how old they are. Not to the
exact day, but semi close. In truthful cases.

And most scientists, would agree.

tesla sTinker

Jan 29, 2023, 1:35:45 PM1/29/23

On 1/28/2023 8:37 PM, Dr. Who scribbled:
they are not very smart are they. I like that, whooshes!!!
You would think they would give the Scriptures have a chance,
Even if no one is perfect. And go to a right type museum to see
the actual evidence itself instead of doing drugs. But the devil
always calls everyone a liar, even himself. This is true, and the true
Bible declares it so. Just look at the document thing on both the
false president and the true one. Ha ha. Ones a communist, has swiss
bank accounts.
Politicians, what a joke. Its all over you tube the 40 trillion dollars
they owe us for all those years of lying and stealing. And not able to
account for any of it. And everyone here knows its true. All they have
to do, is refund it as in a penance to the people, and it certainly will
fix the economy. So called Christians. So in the truth, they have
nothing to argue about except who stole more from the poor.

Your right about whooshes. They could give a dam about God, and
instead, they go off an get drunk. Declaring a bunch of lies always.
Sorry, they even know where the garden of eden was. Its still there.

Ted

Jan 29, 2023, 3:43:25 PM1/29/23
On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 09:37:59 -0800, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
Damn. Is that why I can't get any peace?

Incidentally, although Isaiah prophesied
during the 8th century BCE, that was only
Isaiah 1-39. Isaiah 40-66 was written during
the 6th and 5th centuries, possibly by scores
of authors. And your quotation above is from around c 500 BCE.

That's because new prophets weren't
generally accepted after the Exile. So if you
had something to say, you wrote it and
claimed it was from a respected prophet,
most often Isaiah. (But that isn't the main
reason the author of Daniel claimed to be
Daniel.)

Stick with me, Robert, and you'll learn a lot
about the Bible. :-)

Rockinghorse Winner

Jan 29, 2023, 4:05:37 PM1/29/23
On 2023-01-29, Ted <tedsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 09:37:59 -0800, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
> wrote:
>> On Jan 29, 2023, Ted wrote
>> (in article<almarsoft.2832...@news.easynews.com>):

Yes, unfortunately.

--
"Many have sought in vain to tell joyously of the Most Joyous; now at last
it declares Itself to me, now in this misery." -Holderlin

Ted

Jan 29, 2023, 5:36:15 PM1/29/23
I don't make up lies. Why are you falsely accusing me so?

Ted

Jan 29, 2023, 6:37:47 PM1/29/23
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 23:11:13 -0800 (PST), JTEM <jte...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Jack Sovalot wrote:

> > Why do you want to suck dick, JTurd?

> My mother taught me to suck dick. She
> was a dicksucking whore LOL.

That isn't funny.

> I'm a ludicrous buffoon who thinks
> someone will visit his website.

That is. LOL. :-)

> https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/dog/pa

LOL. Imbecile. :-)

Ted

Jan 29, 2023, 10:45:41 PM1/29/23
LOL. Thought so.

Dr. Who

Jan 29, 2023, 11:23:35 PM1/29/23
On Jan 29, 2023, Ted wrote
(in article<almarsoft.3094...@news.easynews.com>):
Ted, I will be cutting way back on my time in these type of posts,

I know who the author of confusion is and I have no time for his thoughts.

As for our convo’s, you have shown them to be undesired knowledge and you
obviously want to keep the door closed on things pertaining to Gods way.
However, my door is open, just not to doubtful disputations. You have an idea
of what I believe and why, and for me that is fixed. The Heavenly Father, is
my Dad, and he treats me as His son. I know I am adopted and chosen. I
wouldn’t give that up for anything in this world.

I appreciated your freedom of communication and respect, and I hope you see
that I do respect you as a person.

I need to be spending time on some projects in my home shop, as well as my
veggies. They do taste a lot better than store bought, last longer and are
healthier. I have found myself spending way too much time on the computer. As
much as I like it.

Dr. Who

Jan 29, 2023, 11:33:08 PM1/29/23
On Jan 29, 2023, tesla sTinker wrote
(in article <tr6d01$2s9ob$1...@dont-email.me>):
So you too are a fiction writer? The Israelites walked across on dry ground.
God did not use a massive hair drier for that. And when a few million people
walked on the bottom of that sea, they by trampling on the ground would have
brought water up to the surface if it was not supernaturally dried out. Need
proof? Look at all the new “dry ground” at Lake Powell and all the people
getting stuck there, in the “dry ground”.

It would be nice if you paid attention as to whom you are actually replying
to, and post your comments to them and not someone else in that thread. It is
very impolite at best.

Ted

Jan 30, 2023, 1:31:58 AM1/30/23
On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 20:23:30 -0800, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
I spent a few years gardening, should get back to it. Where do you
live?

Thanks Robert, you seem like a decent fellow.

Dr. Who

Jan 30, 2023, 1:51:46 AM1/30/23
On Jan 29, 2023, Ted wrote
(in article<almarsoft.4609...@news.easynews.com>):
Central Coast of Calif.

> Thanks Robert, you seem like a decent fellow.

Thank you, and you as well.

Rockinghorse Winner

Jan 30, 2023, 8:38:52 PM1/30/23
On 2023-01-30, Ted <tedsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 21:05:33 -0000 (UTC), Rockinghorse Winner
><Rockin...@amgen.com> wrote:
>> On 2023-01-29, Ted <tedsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 09:37:59 -0800, Dr. Who
><dr....@biosphere.orb>

> Who<dr....@biosphere.orb>

>> > Damn. Is that why I can't get any peace?
>

>> Yes, unfortunately.
>

> LOL. Thought so.

"You have made us and drawn us to yourself, and our heart is restless until it
rests in You." St Augustine, Confessions

Rockinghorse Winner

Jan 30, 2023, 8:42:46 PM1/30/23
Life is punctuated by miracles, which we usually dismiss and quickly forget.
Nothing however compares with the great miracle of *Being itself,* which is
undefineable, inexplicable and utterly strange.