Religious Beliefs Require no Evidence

417 views
Skip to first unread message

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 7:57:57 AMJan 23
to
http://faculty.valenciacollege.edu/drogers/factopinion/belieffact3.html#:~:text=Often%2C%20people%20confuse%20belief%20with,often%20related%20to%20another%20concept.


Faith: Unquestioning belief, trust, or confidence that does not require proof or evidence.
Having faith in something means no proof is required. This is often the case when it comes to religious views. In fact, the nature of religion is based on the fact that no proofs are required. This is because religion covers ideas and topics that are beyond the ability of human perceptions or understanding.

Mitchell Holman

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 9:08:10 AMJan 23
to
Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote in
news:d6c787dc-e77c-4bab...@googlegroups.com:

> http://faculty.valenciacollege.edu/drogers/factopinion/belieffact3.htm
> l#:~:text=Often%2C%20people%20confuse%20belief%20with,often%20related%
> 20to%20
> another%20concept.
>
>
> Faith: Unquestioning belief, trust, or confidence that does not
> require proof or evidence. Having faith in something means no proof is
> required. This is often the case when it comes to religious views. In
> fact, the nature of religion is based on the fact that no proofs are
> required. This is because religion covers ideas and topics that are
> beyond the ability of human perceptions or understanding.
>


Science flys you to the moon.

Faith flys you into buildings.




lordofal...@gmail.com

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 9:44:16 AMJan 23
to
Ambrose Bierce summed up that mindset brilliantly, Artie:
Faith: n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel.

Tim

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 9:47:54 AMJan 23
to
On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 7:57:57 AM UTC-5, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:
So it's safe to say that no theist makes sense, and no theist knows what they are talking about. Way to go theism!

You are an idiot.

John Locke

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 11:52:51 AMJan 23
to
....if religion covers ideas and topics that are beyond the ability of
human perceptions or understanding, then what's the point of being
"religious " ???


--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them the question
itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the Big Bang, so there is no
time for God to make the universe in. It’s like asking for directions to the
edge of the Earth" - Stephen Hawking. RIP.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 1:17:35 PMJan 23
to
On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 8:52:51 AM UTC-8, John Locke wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 04:57:54 -0800 (PST), Viktor Tandofsky
> <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> http://faculty.valenciacollege.edu/drogers/factopinion/belieffact3.html#:~:text=Often%2C%20people%20confuse%20belief%20with,often%20related%20to%20another%20concept.
> >
> >Faith: Unquestioning belief, trust, or confidence that does not require proof or evidence.
> >Having faith in something means no proof is required. This is often the case when it comes
> > to religious views. In fact, the nature of religion is based on the fact that no proofs are required.
> >This is because religion covers ideas and topics that are beyond the ability of human
> >perceptions or understanding.
> >
> ....if religion covers ideas and topics that are beyond the ability of
> human perceptions or understanding, then what's the point of being
> "religious " ???
>
>
We don't need a point to believe anything we want to believe and we also don't need the approval of arrogant jackasses like you.

Cloud Hobbit

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 3:38:11 PMJan 23
to
You need something to pull your head out of your ass.

It makes sense that if you agree to believe something, it should
be based in demonstrable truth, rather than imagination and
wishful thinking. Theists seem to skip this and go straight to
believing in fantasy. Worse, they claim that their fantasy is real, so
they see nothing wrong in insisting that their fantasy is true.
In spite of zero evidence of the flood of Noah, Jewish slaves in
Egypt, the Exodus, and its imaginary leader, Moses.

Yes, you can believe anything you choose.
This is an atheist NG and therefore populated by many atheists who
can and will explain why what you believe is bullshit.

Based on objective reality and the evidence, there is no reason
to believe in any of the gods invented by humans. It means you're
not a critical thinker, or more correctly, you're a dumb ass.


There are no gods unless we create them.

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 4:13:44 PMJan 23
to
On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 7:57:57 AM UTC-5, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:
And, people who believe such nonsense as believing without evidence have no brain.

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 4:16:16 PMJan 23
to
So, you admit that believe only what you want to believe. True narcissism.
But then, we already knew that about you.

Cloud Hobbit

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 4:43:06 PMJan 23
to
On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 10:17:35 AM UTC-8, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:
Then why do you try so hard to get us to believe the
crap you believe, like the Exodus?

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 5:52:14 PMJan 23
to
Because he actually can't believe that anyone disagrees with him.
Anyone who disagrees with him is either totally wrong or in denial.
ArtieJoe really believes that he is always right, even when he's
wrong. So, he tries to convince us that he is always right, even when
he's wrong. It's a mental illness, narcissism, that probably developed
when he was in his late teens or early twenties. Much has been
learned about narcissism over the last ten years. Before that, many
people refused to accept that such a medical condition even existed.
Several trolls seem to suffer from it, such as Robert Duncan, MichaelX
(Steven Nash), Andrew and Michael Yost. They seem to spend all their
time on the Internet trying to control people. They rarely do.

https://enough-foundation.com/narcissist/?gclid=CjwKCAiAlrSPBhBaEiwAuLSDUOPj7BBR0VeaE90UM9WKilOD9NKEHBIG-DN5qfm8dOIJYtZudfFDZRoCZqEQAvD_BwE

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder.htm#:~:text=Narcissistic%20personality%20disorder%20involves%20a,selfish%2C%20patronizing%2C%20and%20demanding.

hhya...@gmail.com

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 7:23:47 PMJan 23
to
Well, non-existence is beyond the ability of human perception and understanding which is just another name for religious scam....that is - scamming for money in return for a pixie?

hhya...@gmail.com

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 7:32:30 PMJan 23
to
You don't need a point?
Religion has been in existence for thousands of years, but when has a pixie descended upon the human society????
However, uncountable amount of money have been given to religious bodies to allow them to survive!!!!!!
The trillions of tithes and donations spent on religions could benefit the society in a way unimaginable...

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 8:40:06 PMJan 23
to
People can spend their money any way they want and what you want does not mean shit.
You are a retarded useless nobody and your opinion is not worth shit.

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 8:51:44 PMJan 23
to
All your ranting and raving is useless and will convince nobody. What a complete fool you are.

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 9:00:53 PMJan 23
to
You know nothing about Judaism so you lied about your family.

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 23, 2022, 9:07:23 PMJan 23
to
I present evidence to prove you are a liar.

Tim

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 3:58:22 AMJan 24
to
Says the guy who believes in things he readily admits "are beyond the ability of human perceptions or understanding." And you claim I'm the fool! Tell us, tandy tard, where is the sense in believing in things that "are beyond the ability of human perceptions or understanding"?

You are an idiot.

Tim

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 3:58:51 AMJan 24
to
No evidence there, idiot.

hhya...@gmail.com

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 4:02:19 AMJan 24
to
Of course any one can spend his money the way he wants...
But, to hand out his money in the belief that he is to be rewarded with the kindness of a pixie is a con game!!!
Mad Joe loves to have his money conned!!!

hhya...@gmail.com

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 4:04:37 AMJan 24
to
What evidence you have gathered for the exodus?
It was just a made up story!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 8:26:30 AMJan 24
to
You are wasting your time and energy. I don't believe a word you say.

Tim

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 8:40:29 AMJan 24
to
LOL! Says the guy who claims beliefs are not claims and who believes in things which "are beyond the ability of human perceptions or understanding." You don't appear to have a clue about what you believe, idiot.

Kevrob

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 11:37:31 AMJan 24
to
On Monday, January 24, 2022 at 8:40:29 AM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
> On Monday, January 24, 2022 at 8:26:30 AM UTC-5, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:

[snip]
.
> > You are wasting your time and energy. I don't believe a word you say.
> LOL! Says the guy who claims beliefs are not claims and who believes in things
> which "are beyond the ability of human perceptions or understanding." You don't
> appear to have a clue about what you believe, idiot.

Re: "faith w/o evidence" -

[quote]

David Hume | Scottish Enlightenment philosopher

Hume was an empiricist, arguing that we should only believe those things for which we have good evidence,
and has been a major influence on the development of Anglo-American philosophy. He is still frequently
cited, for example on miracles. In Section X of "An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding," he argues
that the evidence for miracles is not strong enough in view of their inherent improbability:

"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence"…and should "always reject the greater miracle."

Hume believed that morality was based on feelings of sympathy with other people, and that benevolence
towards others tends "to promote the interests of our species, and bestow happiness on human society."
Hume himself was a happy and benevolent man, believing that the recipe for happiness was moderation
and variety. The essayist James Boswell was puzzled by what he saw as the contradiction between Hume’s
evident goodness and his lack of religion, but Hume told him that "the Morality of every Religion was bad and
…that when he heard a man was religious, he concluded that he was a rascal, though he had known some
instances of very good men being religious."

[/quote] - https://humanists.uk/humanism/the-humanist-tradition/enlightenment/david-hume/

People are FREE to rely on faith, of course, they just aren't wise to do so, IMO.

Tandy and the other trolls could do with studying some epistemology.
--
Kevin R
a.a #2310


Tim

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 11:42:33 AMJan 24
to
Good luck with that. Tardy "thinks" beliefs are not claims. He can't even count to thirty.


> Kevin R
> a.a #2310
0

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 1:26:47 PMJan 24
to
The theist trolls wouldn't care about epistemology.
They were never here to learn anything. They just
want to convince us that they are right about
religion or whatever so they can gain some kind of
control over us. They also aren't interested in any
kind of morality.

moral: concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character.
morality: https://www.bing.com/search?q=define+morality
http://www.differencebetween.net/science/health/difference-between-ontology-and-epistemology/

Davej

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 2:25:21 PMJan 24
to
On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 6:57:57 AM UTC-6, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...senile blather...]


Beliefs in Zeus, Allah, Yahweh, Elohim, Ra require no evidence, because blood cannot be required from a turnip.

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 3:19:29 PMJan 24
to
Quoting atheists is useless in matters of religion. What a stupid asshole you are.
Wise??? Was Dwight Eisenhower wise? How about John F Kennedy? How about Robert Kennedy?
How about William F Buckley? If you were wise, you would not have claimed I said I was a lawyer without checking with the Bar association. You are a ludicrous lying clown.

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 3:21:03 PMJan 24
to
You have the IQ of a turnip.

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 3:25:50 PMJan 24
to
My family is Jewish. Anyone can find that out very easily.
The ones that have doubts about whether or not you are
still Jewish, as you claim, are the ones you lie about most.
You used to claim that I was still Jewish since I had a
Jewish mother. Now, all of a sudden you claim I'm not
Jewish. Please, make up your mind. If you have one, that is.

Actually, I haven't claimed to be Jewish since I was twelve years old
and realized the Jewish god was a fairy tale. I am an atheist/ Secular
Humanist. Only my father knew this, and I didn't tell him until I was 18.
He wasn't happy about it but, he promised not to tell my mother. He
never did tell her. When I was an adult, I told other members of my
family. They weren't happy about it but, the general consensus was
that, as long as I was a good person, it didn't matter. So, ArtieJoe,
believe whatever you want to make up about me; I really don't care.

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 3:26:57 PMJan 24
to
On Monday, January 24, 2022 at 8:26:30 AM UTC-5, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:
You only believe what you say, right or wrong. That's why your opinion
is worthless.

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 3:30:20 PMJan 24
to
Elohim is an ancient Hebrew way of saying gods (plural).

And, yes, Christians who are unable to or refuse to back
up their beliefs with evidence are turnips.

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 3:47:14 PMJan 24
to
On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 11:52:51 AM UTC-5, John Locke wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 04:57:54 -0800 (PST), Viktor Tandofsky
> <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> http://faculty.valenciacollege.edu/drogers/factopinion/belieffact3.html#:~:text=Often%2C%20people%20confuse%20belief%20with,often%20related%20to%20another%20concept.
> >
> >Faith: Unquestioning belief, trust, or confidence that does not require proof or evidence.
> >Having faith in something means no proof is required. This is often the case when it comes
> > to religious views. In fact, the nature of religion is based on the fact that no proofs are required.
> >This is because religion covers ideas and topics that are beyond the ability of human
> >perceptions or understanding.
> >
> ....if religion covers ideas and topics that are beyond the ability of
> human perceptions or understanding, then what's the point of being
> "religious " ???

When you're religious, you have to believe in things without proof
or they'll call you something like 'faithless'. That's why religious is
so phony. You have to accept it on faith (belief without proof) or
you aren't one of the gang, a sinner, someone who should be put
to death unless there are laws against that to protect freedpm
of thought.
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> "When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them the question
> itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the Big Bang, so there is no
> time for God to make the universe in. It’s like asking for directions to the
> edge of the Earth" - Stephen Hawking. RIP.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 3:50:46 PMJan 24
to
He simply disagrees with you. What is your problem?
You can't force everyone in the world to agree with you.

%

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 3:54:42 PMJan 24
to
lots of things are faith based

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 3:56:14 PMJan 24
to
On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 1:17:35 PM UTC-5, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 8:52:51 AM UTC-8, John Locke wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 04:57:54 -0800 (PST), Viktor Tandofsky
> > <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >
> > http://faculty.valenciacollege.edu/drogers/factopinion/belieffact3.html#:~:text=Often%2C%20people%20confuse%20belief%20with,often%20related%20to%20another%20concept.
> > >
> > >Faith: Unquestioning belief, trust, or confidence that does not require proof or evidence.
> > >Having faith in something means no proof is required. This is often the case when it comes
> > > to religious views. In fact, the nature of religion is based on the fact that no proofs are required.
> > >This is because religion covers ideas and topics that are beyond the ability of human
> > >perceptions or understanding.
> > >
> > ....if religion covers ideas and topics that are beyond the ability of
> > human perceptions or understanding, then what's the point of being
> > "religious " ???
> >
> >
> We don't need a point to believe anything we want to believe and we also don't need the approval of arrogant jackasses like you.

The believer is the one who doesn't require proof.
Non-believers do require proof. So, if you have no
proof or refuse to present any, non-believers don't
have to believe what believers believe. Can you get
that through your thick skull, ArtieJoe?

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 4:00:34 PMJan 24
to
You're the one doing all the ranting and raving, ArtieJoe.
That's only one of the reasons no one believes what you
say. That's why you, like Gnash, Duncan, Yost and Andrew
have no followers.

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 4:06:06 PMJan 24
to
Science believes in research, not just acceptance like religion does.

Cloud Hobbit

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 4:06:19 PMJan 24
to
No, you do not my. You present opinions from people who agree
with you, none of them from mainstream archaeology.
You tried to get us to believe a survey of 9 Egyptologists we're
the current thinking by most archaeologists, you lied. Again.

Kevrob

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 7:00:03 PMJan 24
to
He wasn't conventionally religious, either.

> How about John F Kennedy?

If he was a "good Catholic" he must have spent half his time doing penance .

Adulterer. Slept with suspected Nazi spy, also w/a gangster's moll. Screwed
up Bay of Pigs. He should have provided air cover for the Bay of Pigs landing
or called it off. Fish or cut bait, but half-assing it was stupid. Screwed up
regarding NATO missiles in Turkey, inviting Russian retaliation in Cuba.
Allowing the Diem assassination was another "genius move."

Good points: cut marginal tax rates.

> How about Robert Kennedy?

Adulterer. Illegally bugged organized crime victims,
and Martin Lither King, Jr. Supported McCarthy's
excesses as a Senate staffer.

> How about William F Buckley?


He was another defender of McCarthy, and made common cause
with "state's rights" segregationists when he should have
been a champion of individual rights. He cavalierly suggested
we use nukes against China, and in Viet Nam.

WFB was a favorite of mine when I was young. He had a libertarian
side he would tease reader with, from time to time, but, when his
side was in power, or close to reaching it, he could support state
power as a practical matter. [The draft, limiting the civil rights
of those infected with HIV, etc ]

He did decide the drug war was futile, and he did "excommunicate"
the Birchers and other anti-Semites from the conservative movement.

> If you were wise, you would not have claimed I said I was a lawyer without checking
> with the Bar association.

*******************************************************************************************


I have pointed out how Tandy paltered:

From this thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.atheism/Z7WuuRq0g4g

Message-ID: <6e79539f-2606-4301...@googlegroups.com>

{QUOTE}

Tandy did, at least once, call himself a Naval Prosecutor, and
told us he attended U of I Law without bothering to tell us
he withdrew after 1 year: a "lie by omission."

[quote]

I attended Law school at the University of Illinois in
Champaign. You can check their records if you don't believe
me. I also practiced criminal law as a prosecutor in the Navy
for 4 years.

[quote] from:

Message-ID: <0f190f59-c420-4005...@m5g2000prh.googlegroups.com>

22 July, 2011
See also:

http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi?STYPE=msgid&A=0&MSGI=%3C0f190f59-c420-4005-b918-78c673c26af2%40m5g2000prh.googlegroups.com%3E OR

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!original/alt.atheism/aod7Q3zB-b4/nYrs2c3fGWgJ

Note he didn't originally tell us he attended UofI Law for 1 year,
allowing those who don't read closely to assume he went the full 3.
"Lying by omission," the good faddas and sistas called it back when
I was in Catholic school.

Now, is it fair to claim being a non-JAG "legal officer" on
board ship to be "practicing law?" State bar associations
would probably say "no."

It's easy to deal with this, Tandy. Just say "I expressed that
incorrectly."

{/Quote}

I still say, that when one claims to have "practiced law," that is
an equivalent claim to "I am/was a lawyer."

Practicing law without a license is generally not permitted in
the US, though there are paralegals and some limited license
legal technicians in states like Washington. Since the Navy
would follow its own rules, under Federal, not state law, Tandy
doing what he did do was perfectly legal. He certainly wasn't a
JAG lawyer, though, or anything near it. And rules for non-lawyers
doing work that used to be the sole province of licensed lawyers have
loosened over the years. A paralegal may work in a law practice,
but isn't a full-fledged lawyer.

Again, the record has been corrected, but let's not forget that
Tandy tried to slide this past us, in a case of "claiming false
expertise," but got caught.

-------------------------------------------------------

Anybody who reads this can judge how truthful Tandy was on
this issue, before correcting the record.

I think it is plain that he was attempting to paint himself
with the authority of credentials he never had. That's
one man's opinion, of course.
*********************************************************************

> You are a ludicrous lying clown.

You repeat the same old crap that we have already refuted. Don't get
pissed off if the rebuttals are dragged out of the archives and reposted.

lordofal...@gmail.com

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 7:04:04 PMJan 24
to
Poor Artie Joe has, in his own words, "the IQ of a turnip".
The problem is he also suffers from one of the more epic cases of Dunning-Kruger than I've ever witnessed.
It's sad, but it's also grand theater to see it unfold.

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 10:40:47 PMJan 24
to
You made assumptions on the basis of your ignorance of Navy procedures. The Navy does not require a lawyer to administer Navy law. Only idiots like you assume that it does. You could have found the truth by checking with the Bar Association but you don't want the truth. You are a stupid liar and lazy motherfucker.

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 10:42:46 PMJan 24
to
The issue is wisdom, you stupid babbling jackass. You can't even understand what you read.

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 24, 2022, 11:00:12 PMJan 24
to
ROTFL! Epistemology is the study of knowledge, you stupid fuck. Religion and faith are not knowledge. What a useless bullshitter you are.

El Kabong

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 2:26:31 AMJan 25
to
So you mean the navy allows one to "practice law" without
being a lawyer?

And you are saying that you in fact "practiced law" in
the navy?

> You could have found the truth by checking with the Bar Association but you don't want the truth. You are a stupid liar and lazy motherfucker.

"Hello, The Bar Association? Can you tell me if Artie
Joe Tandy practiced law as a navy prosecutor legally or
illegally?"

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 8:06:21 AMJan 25
to
The Bar Association never heard of me, you fucking dunce.

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 8:08:29 AMJan 25
to
On Monday, January 24, 2022 at 11:26:31 PM UTC-8, El Kabong wrote:
YOU DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO CALL THE BAR ASSOCIATION, YOU STUPID CLOWN.

Mitchell Holman

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 8:56:49 AMJan 25
to
Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote in
news:d54f45b5-9192-4769...@googlegroups.com:


> Religion and faith are not knowledge.


Then what do religious colleges teach
and test their students on?






Christopher A. Lee

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 10:12:46 AMJan 25
to
Impossibilities like Genesis creation, Noah's flood, virgin births,
resurrection etc whi \ch functioning minds realise never happened -
which is why so many religious fanatics are idiots.

El Kabong

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 10:36:05 AMJan 25
to
So "The Bar Association" would have confirmed that you
were lying.

Thanks for admitting that.

Kevrob

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 11:20:40 AMJan 25
to
On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 10:12:46 AM UTC-5, Christopher A. Lee wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 07:56:41 -0600, Mitchell Holman
> <noe...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote in
> >news:d54f45b5-9192-4769...@googlegroups.com:
> >
> >
> >> Religion and faith are not knowledge.
> >
> >
> > Then what do religious colleges teach
> >and test their students on?
> Impossibilities like Genesis creation, Noah's flood, virgin births,
> resurrection etc which functioning minds realise never happened -
> which is why so many religious fanatics are idiots.

..and academic theology, which is basically philosophy applied to
the questions religion tries to grapple with.

Faith is an alleged method of achieving knowledge, whether through
experiencing the numinous directly, receiving revelation, reading about
those who claimed to have had those experiences and/or reading or
listening to the alleged revelations as written down in scripture and
following rituals, often based on those.

The question should be: "Is faith a good method for obtaining knowledge?"

Plainly, I'd say, "No."

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 4:01:47 PMJan 25
to
Faith is not designed to obtain knowledge, you stupid jackass.

Michael Christ

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 6:14:20 PMJan 25
to
Then you have no understanding of what it is to be human.

Without faith...in whatever...you would simply cease to exist.

How can you know anything without experience, and how can you gain
experience without faith?







Michael Christ




--
Jesus is the Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

"Sin is not what you do, it is what you are."

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance of God."

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul and mind. An abomination."

"Compromise will condemn you."

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life."

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

"You cannot be free with guilt in your heart."

"Priority is everything."

"The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

"There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
it or to place it where it truly belongs."

"An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

"Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely a straw man, to a straw man."

"Wait, rest, be still, and know."

"No man can wash his own hands!!!"

"I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator. So
no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

"The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

"Man is not the centre of being."

El Kabong

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 7:59:17 PMJan 25
to
Michael Christ <jesusisth...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 26/01/2022 3:20 am, Kevrob wrote:
> > On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 10:12:46 AM UTC-5, Christopher A. Lee wrote:
> >> On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 07:56:41 -0600, Mitchell Holman
> >> <noe...@verizon.net> wrote:
> >>> Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote
> >>>
> >>>> Religion and faith are not knowledge.
> >>>
> >>> Then what do religious colleges teach
> >>> and test their students on?
> >> Impossibilities like Genesis creation, Noah's flood, virgin births,
> >> resurrection etc which functioning minds realise never happened -
> >> which is why so many religious fanatics are idiots.
> >
> > ..and academic theology, which is basically philosophy applied to
> > the questions religion tries to grapple with.
> >
> > Faith is an alleged method of achieving knowledge, whether through
> > experiencing the numinous directly, receiving revelation, reading about
> > those who claimed to have had those experiences and/or reading or
> > listening to the alleged revelations as written down in scripture and
> > following rituals, often based on those.
>
>
> > The question should be: "Is faith a good method for obtaining knowledge?"
> >
> > Plainly, I'd say, "No."
>
> Then you have no understanding of what it is to be human.
>
> Without faith...in whatever...you would simply cease to exist.

Right, this happens to atheists all the time. They are
walking down the street, and suddenly there's a loud
"pop!" as air rushes in to fill the vacuum left behind by
the instant disappearance of the atheist.

The death certificate usually lists the cause of death as
faithlessness.

> How can you know anything without experience, and how can you gain
> experience without faith?

Everyone knows knowledge is impossible unless you make
shit up.

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 8:07:09 PMJan 25
to
On Monday, January 24, 2022 at 3:54:42 PM UTC-5, % wrote:
Lots of faith-based beliefs have nothing to do with religion.

John Locke

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 8:09:09 PMJan 25
to
...you gain experience from real life, NOT from a childish
fairy tale, replete with magical deities and demons !

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 8:10:54 PMJan 25
to
Religious faith has nothing to do with knowledge.
It is a lock on your mind. It doesn't allow you to
learn anything new.

John Locke

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 8:18:53 PMJan 25
to
...yep, a whole lot of people have faith that there are alien reptiles
from Beta Reticuli living amongst us or that Bigfoot is camping out in
somewhere in the deep wilderness !

Michelle Malkin

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 8:24:06 PMJan 25
to
Religious faith isn't the only king of faith there is.
I have faith in scientific research. The results may
not be what I'm hoping for, but, eventually, there are
results. Religious faith (belief without evidence) is
a dead end mindlock.

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 9:01:10 PMJan 25
to
How do you lock a mind, you idiot? Show us some examples.

Viktor Tandofsky

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 9:01:56 PMJan 25
to
Name them and show proof.

Mitchell Holman

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 9:12:47 PMJan 25
to
Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote in
news:65b425ed-bb48-4ca5...@googlegroups.com:
So a religious education is no education at all.


Mitchell Holman

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 9:15:32 PMJan 25
to
Michael Christ <jesusisth...@hotmail.com> wrote in