Photographer fired for being an ethical christian!

1 view

bg1...@apexmail.com

Mar 31, 2006, 12:08:40 AM3/31/06
A church fires a photographer from its paper for proving the
Boston Herald did not lie. How xian. How ethical.

The only xian who was being ethical was the photographer himself
who said he could not abide a lie being told. Kudos to him.

"I did the right thing. I did the ethical thing," said
Smith, 51, an assistant photojournalism professor at Boston
University.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=132932
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=132932&format=text

Antonin Scalia, the antagonizing scum liar.

Bob Dog

-----

"Easily the biggest challenge facing the ID community
is to develop a full-fledged theory of biological
design. We don't have such a theory right now, and
that's a real problem. Without a theory, it's very
hard to know where to direct your research focus."
- Paul Nelson, creationist
and anti-science advocate

"Maybe he needs a new version of the Ten Commandments
-- George W. Bush's Ten Commandments:
Thou shalt not steal...votes.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's...country.
Thou shalt not kill...for oil.
Thou shalt not take grammar...in vain."
- Margaret Cho

Church fires photog over Scalia picture: Freelancer pays for 'right
thing'
By Jessica Heslam
Friday, March 31, 2006

A freelance photographer has been fired by the Archdiocese of
Boston's newspaper for releasing a picture of U.S. Supreme Court
Justice Antonin Scalia making a controversial gesture in the
Cathedral of the Holy Cross on Sunday.

Peter Smith, who had freelanced for The Pilot newspaper for a
decade, lost the job yesterday after the Herald ran his photo on
its front page. Smith said he has no regrets about releasing it.

"I did the right thing. I did the ethical thing," said Smith,
51, an assistant photojournalism professor at Boston University.

Smith snapped the photo of Scalia flicking his hand under his
chin after a Herald reporter asked the conservative jurist his
response to people who question his impartiality on matters of
church and state.

Smith wouldn't give up the photo earlier this week but chose to
release it when he learned Scalia said his gesture had been
incorrectly characterized by the Herald. Smith, who was standing
in front of the judge, said the Herald "got the story right."

Smith said the Pilot had an obligation at that point "to bring
some clarity to it."

"I felt that same obligation," Smith said. "I had to say what I
knew and come forward with it.."

The weekly Catholic newspaper made a "journalistic decision" not
to run or release the photo, said Archdiocese spokesman Terry
Donilon. "Because he breached that trust with the editor, we
will no longer engage his services as a freelance photographer,"
Donilon said.

"It's nothing personal," added Pilot editor Antonio Enrique. "I

need to try and find people I can trust."

While news outlets from across the country sought Smith's photo
yesterday, the archdiocese said there's no proof that Scalia
uttered an obsenity in the church. Smith said Scalia said, "To
my critics, I say, 'Vaffanculo,' " while making the gesture.
That's Italian for (expletive) you.

"It was pretty clear," Smith said yesterday. A Herald reporter
who was nearby did not hear that utterance.

Yang, AthD (h.c), Kicking AWOL's Cocaine Snorting Ass

Mar 31, 2006, 12:13:11 AM3/31/06
On 30 Mar 2006 21:08:40 -0800, bg1...@apexmail.com wrote:

>A church fires a photographer from its paper for proving the
>Boston Herald did not lie. How xian. How ethical.

What a fucking asshole!

-----

Yang
a.a. #28
AthD (h.c.) conferred by the regents of the LCL
a.a. pastor #-273.15, the most frigid church of Celcius nee Kelvin
EAC Econometric Forecast and Sorcery Division
Proudly plonked by Lani Girl and Crazyalec (aka olek...@yahoo.com aka Yang's little poltregeist bitch)

The Bush 'balanced' budget: 2 trillion and worsening
The Bush 'economic' policy: 12.5 million FEWER jobs than Clinton and counting
The Bush Iraq lie: -2326 GIs, one friend's co-worker's son and mounting

Having Bush fuck up my country: Worthless

-----

"Ahhhhhh, yessssssss, ummmmmmm - Alito, Alito, Alito"
-duke (duck...@cox.net), aka PedophilEarl J Weber, 59
year old mateless, heirless biological failure
of Afton Oaks Apartment, Baton Rouge,who pussied
out of the Vietnam draft, showing his gay side
despite his avowed anti-gay bigotry

Contact duke's priest and ask
him why duke is such a racist:

http://www.stpatrickbr.org/
Father Gerard "Jerry" Martin
stpatrickbr<AT>bellsouth<DOT>net
Saint Patrick Catholic Church
12424 Brogdon Lane
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70816

stoney

Apr 3, 2006, 8:51:58 PM4/3/06
On 30 Mar 2006 21:08:40 -0800, bg1...@apexmail.com wrote in alt.atheism

>A church fires a photographer from its paper for proving the
>Boston Herald did not lie. How xian. How ethical.
>
>The only xian who was being ethical was the photographer himself
>who said he could not abide a lie being told. Kudos to him.
>
> "I did the right thing. I did the ethical thing," said
> Smith, 51, an assistant photojournalism professor at Boston
> University.
>
>http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=132932
>http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=132932&format=text
>
>Antonin Scalia, the antagonizing scum liar.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn Scalia had the man fired in exchange
for possible leinancy if a church case comes before the US Supreme
Kangaroo Court.

--
Fundies and trolls are cordially invited to
shove a wooden cross up their arses and rotate