Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月22日 20:37:132022/6/22
收件人

Ted

未读,
2022年6月22日 21:20:302022/6/22
收件人
On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 17:37:09 -0700 (PDT), Viktor Tandofsky
<vtand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James

I don't read propaganda. I learned about the KJV in Sunday school
when I was a Christian.

Michelle Malkin

未读,
2022年6月22日 23:41:162022/6/22
收件人
I have a copy of the KJV around here somewhere.

I prefer "The Skeptics Annotated Bible" annotated by Steve Wells which
includes a list of 477 contradictions and 135 God killings (either by itself
or someone or something under orders) in the back. It's based on the KJV
but, I don't think they'll like it. Or

The New Oxford Annotated Bible New Revised Standard Version
With The Apocrypha" edited by Michael Coogan or

"The Other Bible" edited by Willis Barnstone which includes;
Ancient Alternate Scriptures
Gnostic Gospels
Dead Sea Scrolls
Visionary Wisdom Texts
Christian Apocrypha
Jewish Pseudepigrapha
and the Kabbalah

The third book is a big, fat one but it has a lot of info.
It includes five Infancy Gospels.

And, an oldie but goody:

Bible Myths and Their Parallels in Other Religions by Thomas Doane, 1892 originally, 2022.
7th rewritten edition by the author

%

未读,
2022年6月22日 23:58:222022/6/22
收件人
how about green eggs and ham

Michelle Malkin

未读,
2022年6月23日 00:45:232022/6/23
收件人
That's about your speed.

lordofal...@gmail.com

未读,
2022年6月23日 05:08:252022/6/23
收件人
On 6/22/2022 8:37 PM, Viktor Tandofsky wrote:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version

"...but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be
forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin." (Mark 3:29)

Source:
https://biblehub.com/mark/3-29.htm

hhya...@gmail.com

未读,
2022年6月23日 05:17:242022/6/23
收件人
On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 8:37:13 AM UTC+8, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version

So, it is still an ancient collection of fairy tales, meant to fool the fools!!!

Cloud Hobbit

未读,
2022年6月23日 06:18:342022/6/23
收件人
You might enjoy this, Holy Koolaid interviews
Josh Bowen PhD.

There are no gods.

%

未读,
2022年6月23日 10:25:392022/6/23
收件人
someone has to read it to you slowly

Michelle Malkin

未读,
2022年6月23日 12:09:232022/6/23
收件人
Thanks, he's very enthusiastic, isn't he?

> There are no gods.

Ted

未读,
2022年6月24日 18:36:222022/6/24
收件人
That's a lot of reading. If only there were infinite time.

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月24日 18:45:342022/6/24
收件人
It's not really propaganda. It is meant for those who already believe.
You won't see atheists or Moslems quoting it.

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月24日 19:05:552022/6/24
收件人
On Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 8:41:16 PM UTC-7, malkinmi...@gmail.com wrote:
For someone who criticizes bigotry, you sure spend lots of time hating Christianity.

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月24日 19:06:432022/6/24
收件人
There is lots of documented truth in it.

Ted

未读,
2022年6月24日 19:18:132022/6/24
收件人
Archaeologists make use of it because a lot of it is true. And
information can be dug even out of many of its fictitious elements.

El Kabong

未读,
2022年6月24日 20:31:522022/6/24
收件人
LOL. Many atheists quote the bible. Especially yours
truly, and always from the KJV.

Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not
knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
Matthew 22:29

I know the power of God, Artie. Do you?

hhya...@gmail.com

未读,
2022年6月24日 20:37:142022/6/24
收件人
Sure, once your head has been brainwashed, everything in the scripture can be meaningful!
Except that you have a head incapable to see the truth or being able to reason!

Mitchell Holman

未读,
2022年6月24日 21:54:542022/6/24
收件人
Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote in
As much as for Elvis sightings and
UFO abduction tales.

Christopher A. Lee

未读,
2022年6月24日 22:01:502022/6/24
收件人
On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 20:54:45 -0500, Mitchell Holman
<noe...@verizon.net> wrote:

>Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 2:17:24 AM UTC-7, hhya...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> So, it is still an ancient collection of fairy tales, meant to fool
>>> the fools!!!
>>
>> There is lots of documented truth in it.

Such as?

> As much as for Elvis sightings and
>UFO abduction tales.

Perhaps the serial liar could explain what this supposed truth is?

Cloud Hobbit

未读,
2022年6月24日 22:24:242022/6/24
收件人
Long term loss of short term memory.
Atheists here have quoted excerpts from both the NT and
the much funnier OT.

There are no gods unless we create them.

Cloud Hobbit

未读,
2022年6月24日 22:34:012022/6/24
收件人
Christianity is not a person.
The various Christian religions are worthy
of hatred. They all insist that they are telling
you the truth. They expect everyone to adhere
to their moral code. They want people to believe
utter nonsense. There was never a time when
any supernatural events occurred.
There was no ascension, no tomb of Jesus,
no parting of the Red Sea, no slaves in Egypt, no raising
anyone from the dead. No miracles, no Moses,
very possibly no Jesus, no Moses, and on an on.
It does make a good door stop.

There are no gods.

Mitchell Holman

未读,
2022年6月24日 22:45:542022/6/24
收件人
Christopher A. Lee <c....@fairpoint.net> wrote in
Even Arty/Joe admits his religion
is full of lies.

Or as he calls them, "allegories".

Michael Christ

未读,
2022年6月24日 22:55:392022/6/24
收件人
On 25/06/2022 10:31 am, El Kabong wrote:
> Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 6:20:30 PM UTC-7, Jack Sovalot wrote:
>>>

>>> I don't read propaganda. I learned about the KJV in Sunday school
>>> when I was a Christian.
>>
>> It's not really propaganda. It is meant for those who already believe.
>> You won't see atheists or Moslems quoting it.
>
> LOL. Many atheists quote the bible. Especially yours
> truly, and always from the KJV.

Ye hath redeemed thyself!

Michael Christ

--
Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

"Sin is not what you do, it is what you are."

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance of God."

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul and mind. An abomination."

"Compromise will condemn you."

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life."

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

"You cannot be free with guilt in your heart."

"Priority is everything."

"The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

"There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
it or to place it where it truly belongs."

"An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

"Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
an ignorant straw man."

"Wait, rest, be still, and know."

"No man can wash his own hands!!!"

"I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the
obvious). So no evidence or proof is to be found!!"

"The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

"Man is not the centre of being."

"Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

"And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月25日 02:11:182022/6/25
收件人
WRONG
They expect everyone to adhere
> to their moral code.

WRONG

They want people to believe
> utter nonsense. There was never a time when
> any supernatural events occurred.
> There was no ascension, no tomb of Jesus,
> no parting of the Red Sea, no slaves in Egypt, no raising
> anyone from the dead. No miracles, no Moses,
> very possibly no Jesus, no Moses, and on an on.
> It does make a good door stop.
>
> There are no gods.

Thanks for confirming you are a bigot.

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月25日 02:16:102022/6/25
收件人
Garbage. An allegory is not intentional falsehood. It is a symbolic tale.
Bob is right. You are really stupid. I did not say anything is definitely an allegory, only that
some tales are suspected of such. Listen, moron. The man who wrote those tales has been dead for 2000 years, so there is no way we can know what he actually meant.

Michelle Malkin

未读,
2022年6月25日 02:22:082022/6/25
收件人
Ain't that the truth. I just ordered a couple cartoon collections
by Harry Bliss and Dave Coverly. Sometimes you need a break!

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月25日 02:22:152022/6/25
收件人
On Friday, June 24, 2022 at 7:34:01 PM UTC-7, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
Only a dictator or a bigot tries to control other people's beliefs and thoughts.

Michelle Malkin

未读,
2022年6月25日 02:33:272022/6/25
收件人
Every religion has it's own moral code.
And, they don't always agree.

> > They want people to believe
> > utter nonsense. There was never a time when
> > any supernatural events occurred.
> > There was no ascension, no tomb of Jesus,
> > no parting of the Red Sea, no slaves in Egypt, no raising
> > anyone from the dead. No miracles, no Moses,
> > very possibly no Jesus, no Moses, and on an on.
> > It does make a good door stop.
> >
> > There are no gods.

> Thanks for confirming you are a bigot.

No, liar. Opinions aren't lies. You are totally
unable to understand that, ArtieJoe. You,
otoh, are a known liar.

Michelle Malkin

未读,
2022年6月25日 02:35:212022/6/25
收件人
There's an awful lot of assuming going on in Christian circles.
Other religions, too.

Michelle Malkin

未读,
2022年6月25日 02:52:502022/6/25
收件人
Or a religious group, church, temple or cult. Or someone like you, ArtieJoe.

Michelle Malkin

未读,
2022年6月25日 02:57:332022/6/25
收件人
Dr Seuss' books for kids can be read by anyone over the age of 7.
Some even younger.

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月25日 03:00:272022/6/25
收件人
Jewish law applies to Jews only. Catholic law applies only to Catholics.

Ted

未读,
2022年6月25日 05:52:402022/6/25
收件人
> we can know what he actually meant.

Not true. There are ways we can figure out what the authors intended.

Ted

未读,
2022年6月25日 05:52:402022/6/25
收件人
On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 23:16:05 -0700 (PDT), Viktor Tandofsky
<vtand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> we can know what he actually meant.

Mitchell Holman

未读,
2022年6月25日 09:10:512022/6/25
收件人
Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote in
Your whole religion is tales from
goat herders 2000 years ago, why do you
believe ANY of it?

Mitchell Holman

未读,
2022年6月25日 09:19:142022/6/25
收件人
Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote in
Er.....no.

Your religion requires everyone to
follow it or be killed.

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord,
the God of their fathers, with all their heart
and soul; and everyone who would not seek the
Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death,
whether small or great, whether man or woman.
2 Chronicles 15:12-13

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD
your God is giving you that some worthless
rabble among you have led their fellow citizens
astray by encouraging them to worship foreign
gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts
carefully. If you find it is true and can prove
that such a detestable act has occurred among
you, you must attack that town and completely
destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the
livestock.
Deuteronomy 13:13-19

Mitchell Holman

未读,
2022年6月25日 09:21:592022/6/25

> Jewish law applies to Jews only. Catholic law applies only to
> Catholics.

Jewish victims of the Catholic inquisition
are still dead.

El Kabong

未读,
2022年6月25日 16:31:382022/6/25
收件人
Michael Christ <jesusisth...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 25/06/2022 10:31 am, El Kabong wrote:
> > Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It's not really propaganda. It is meant for those who already believe.
> >> You won't see atheists or Moslems quoting it.
> >
> > LOL. Many atheists quote the bible. Especially yours
> > truly, and always from the KJV.
>
> Ye hath redeemed thyself!

Oh no, my sinfulness is without bounds. If you crucified
yourself for my sin, it still wouldn't be enough.

Yay, sin! I'm still not regretting it.

> > Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not
> > knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
> > Matthew 22:29
> >
> > I know the power of God, Artie. Do you?

Artie Joe doesn't know the power of God. Do you, MX?

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月25日 20:18:352022/6/25
收件人
that is ancient law.

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月25日 20:33:082022/6/25
收件人
Christian victims of Jewish gangsters are too.

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月25日 20:34:092022/6/25
收件人
On Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 6:21:59 AM UTC-7, Mitchell Holman wrote:
We are taught to forgive the Catholic Church.

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月25日 20:35:472022/6/25
收件人
Our rabbis and priests did not herd goats.

Cloud Hobbit

未读,
2022年6月25日 20:38:462022/6/25
收件人
How am I trying to control anyone's thoughts?
How could I do that. All I ask is to think and consider
the evidence.

There are no gods.

Mitchell Holman

未读,
2022年6月25日 22:16:202022/6/25
收件人
Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote in
Like the Ten Commandments.

Is that just "ancient law" too?

Fr Guido Sarducci

未读,
2022年6月26日 11:32:202022/6/26
收件人
Monks in our order spend time herding sheep and goats while on
spiritual retreat. It's an effective way to identify with the
inspired authors of our holy scriptures.

Mitchell Holman

未读,
2022年6月26日 13:24:122022/6/26
收件人
Fr Guido Sarducci <fathers...@catholicmail.org> wrote in
Strict dietary laws, too.

"And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou
shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man,
in their sight."
Ezekiel 3:12

Ted

未读,
2022年6月26日 13:44:342022/6/26
收件人
On Sun, 26 Jun 2022 12:24:03 -0500, Mitchell Holman
LOL!

El Kabong

未读,
2022年6月26日 13:52:452022/6/26
收件人
Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 6:10:51 AM UTC-7, Mitchell Holman wrote:
> > Viktor Tandofsky <vtand...@gmail.com> wrote in

> > > Garbage. An allegory is not intentional falsehood. It is a symbolic
> > > tale. Bob is right. You are really stupid. I did not say anything is
> > > definitely an allegory, only that some tales are suspected of such.
> > > Listen, moron. The man who wrote those tales has been dead for 2000
> > > years, so there is no way we can know what he actually meant.
> > Your whole religion is tales from
> > goat herders 2000 years ago, why do you
> > believe ANY of it?
>
> Our rabbis and priests did not herd goats.

False. Why do you think were called Levites? Because
they wore Levi's boot cut jeans out on the range.

Mitchell Holman

未读,
2022年6月26日 21:30:512022/6/26
收件人
Ted <tedsm...@gmail.com> wrote in news:almarsoft.9136815488280154454
@news.easynews.com:
The Bible is full of all sorts of
odd tidbits like that. All "divinely
inspired", of course.......

Michael Christ

未读,
2022年6月26日 22:09:202022/6/26
收件人
On 26/06/2022 6:31 am, El Kabong wrote:
> Michael Christ <jesusisth...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> LOL. Many atheists quote the bible. Especially yours
>>> truly, and always from the KJV.
>>
>> Ye hath redeemed thyself!
>
> Oh no, my sinfulness is without bounds. If you crucified
> yourself for my sin, it still wouldn't be enough.
>
> Yay, sin! I'm still not regretting it.

That didn't last long. Oh well.

Michael Christ

John Locke

未读,
2022年6月27日 00:54:542022/6/27
收件人
On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 17:18:30 -0700 (PDT), Viktor Tandofsky
... "ancient law" ???...the Bible is supposed to be
"God's word"...you claim that "God" is omnipotent and infallible.
How can "God's word" be considered ancient and irrelevant ?
Are you trying to tell us that "God" f**ked up in the old days
and that "God's word" is no longer applicable ?

Talk to a big white "God" and you've got religion..you're A-OK.
Talk to a big white rabbit and they'll have you committed.

El Kabong

未读,
2022年6月27日 02:04:432022/6/27
收件人
Michael Christ <jesusisth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26/06/2022 6:31 am, El Kabong wrote:
> > Michael Christ <jesusisth...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> Ye hath redeemed thyself!
> >
> > Oh no, my sinfulness is without bounds. If you crucified
> > yourself for my sin, it still wouldn't be enough.
> >
> > Yay, sin! I'm still not regretting it.
>
> That didn't last long. Oh well.

I was always an evildoing sinner. There was no redeemed
period to measure how long it lasted.

You should give up your righteousness hat and join us
avowed depraved sinners. It's a much happier life.

> > Artie Joe doesn't know the power of God. Do you, MX?

You still don't know. Hint: it's the energy of a vacuum,
and it involves virtual stuff. I think it's measured
like in femtowatts per cubic meter. It's amazing you can
get actual finite power from a nonexistent god. And yet,
if you had an empty godless bit of space the size of
earth, you could just about charge your phone from it.

Tim

未读,
2022年6月27日 02:12:422022/6/27
收件人
On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 12:45:23 AM UTC-4, malkinmi...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 11:58:22 PM UTC-4, % wrote:

> > > I have a copy of the KJV around here somewhere.
> > >
> > > I prefer "The Skeptics Annotated Bible" annotated by Steve Wells which
> > > includes a list of 477 contradictions and 135 God killings (either by itself
> > > or someone or something under orders) in the back. It's based on the KJV
> > > but, I don't think they'll like it. Or
> > >
> > > The New Oxford Annotated Bible New Revised Standard Version
> > > With The Apocrypha" edited by Michael Coogan or
> > >
> > > "The Other Bible" edited by Willis Barnstone which includes;
> > > Ancient Alternate Scriptures
> > > Gnostic Gospels
> > > Dead Sea Scrolls
> > > Visionary Wisdom Texts
> > > Christian Apocrypha
> > > Jewish Pseudepigrapha
> > > and the Kabbalah
> > >
> > > The third book is a big, fat one but it has a lot of info.
> > > It includes five Infancy Gospels.
> > >
> > > And, an oldie but goody:
> > >
> > > Bible Myths and Their Parallels in Other Religions by Thomas Doane, 1892 originally, 2022.
> > > 7th rewritten edition by the author
> > >
> > how about green eggs and ham
> That's about your speed.

LOL!

Michael Christ

未读,
2022年6月27日 02:55:582022/6/27
收件人
Not from my vista.

>>> Artie Joe doesn't know the power of God. Do you, MX?
>
> You still don't know. Hint: it's the energy of a vacuum,
> and it involves virtual stuff. I think it's measured
> like in femtowatts per cubic meter. It's amazing you can
> get actual finite power from a nonexistent god. And yet,
> if you had an empty godless bit of space the size of
> earth, you could just about charge your phone from it.

I think you need to get the vacuum out and do the floors...something useful.

Michael Christ

--
[...]

2022年6月27日 05:37:552022/6/27
收件人
Much of the Old Testament is ancient Israeli law.
Do you want Jews to hold slaves or execute non believers?

Paul Wright

未读,
2022年6月27日 10:25:082022/6/27
收件人
> > you the truth. They expect everyone to adhere
> > to their moral code. They want people to believe
> > utter nonsense. There was never a time when
> > any supernatural events occurred.
> > There was no ascension, no tomb of Jesus,
> > no parting of the Red Sea, no slaves in Egypt, no raising
> > anyone from the dead. No miracles, no Moses,
> > very possibly no Jesus, no Moses, and on an on.
> > It does make a good door stop.
> >
> > There are no gods.
> Only a dictator or a bigot tries to control other people's beliefs and thoughts.

So what does that make your priests?

PDW

%

未读,
2022年6月27日 10:57:212022/6/27
收件人
the same thing you're hoping it will make you

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月27日 14:12:542022/6/27
收件人
They describe the faith. They are not police.

El Kabong

未读,
2022年6月27日 18:20:282022/6/27
收件人
You have a false vista. Mine is true.

> > You still don't know. Hint: it's the energy of a vacuum,
> > and it involves virtual stuff. I think it's measured
> > like in femtowatts per cubic meter. It's amazing you can
> > get actual finite power from a nonexistent god. And yet,
> > if you had an empty godless bit of space the size of
> > earth, you could just about charge your phone from it.
>
> I think you need to get the vacuum out and do the floors...something useful.

All I have to do is pray with sufficient faith, and the
godpower of the cosmological nothingness will vacuum the
floor for me. Vacuum cleaners are so 20th century.

Kevrob

未读,
2022年6月27日 19:24:252022/6/27
收件人
On Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 2:16:10 AM UTC-4, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:

[snip]

> ...The man who wrote those tales has been dead for 2000 years, so there
> is no way we can know what he actually meant.

No one man wrote the Christian New Testament, nor the earlier books
the Joshites kept from the Jewish tradition . Which books made it into
the canon of the new church were decided by conferences of bishops

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon#Christian_canons

As a Catholic school kid, we rarely, if ever, read the KJV. The
RCC had and has its own versions. We dod become familiar
with some KJV language, mainly in English classes, since
that version has had such an influence on the development of
English.

--
Kevin R
a.a #2310

Kevrob

未读,
2022年6月27日 19:32:342022/6/27
收件人
On Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 3:00:27 AM UTC-4, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:

[snip]

> Jewish law applies to Jews only. Catholic law applies only to Catholics.

I don't agree that Catholics believe their religious law applies only to them.

[quote]

Then Jesus approached and said to them, “All power in heaven and on earth has been
given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name
of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I
have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.”

[/quote] - Matthew 28: 18-20 | https://bible.usccb.org/bible/matthew/28

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月27日 20:38:492022/6/27
收件人
Only those converted obey.

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月27日 20:41:202022/6/27
收件人
On Monday, June 27, 2022 at 4:24:25 PM UTC-7, Kevrob wrote:
> On Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 2:16:10 AM UTC-4, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > ...The man who wrote those tales has been dead for 2000 years, so there
> > is no way we can know what he actually meant.

> No one man wrote the Christian New Testament, nor the earlier books
> the Joshites kept from the Jewish tradition .

I did not say one man wrote them all. I was making a point about intent.

Michelle Malkin

未读,
2022年6月27日 23:54:482022/6/27
收件人
On Friday, June 24, 2022 at 7:06:43 PM UTC-4, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 2:17:24 AM UTC-7, hhya...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 8:37:13 AM UTC+8, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version
> >
> > So, it is still an ancient collection of fairy tales, meant to fool the fools!!!
> There is lots of documented truth in it.

Documented by whom? Shakespeare? Rumors still exist that he was
one of the men who helped create the KJV. Even some religers think so.

https://www.azquotes.com/author/13382-William_Shakespeare/tag/atheism

https://www1.cbn.com/spiritual-life/was-shakespeare-one-translators-king-james-bible

Kevrob

未读,
2022年6月28日 02:16:482022/6/28
收件人
On Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 8:35:47 PM UTC-4, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 6:10:51 AM UTC-7, Mitchell Holman wrote:

[snip]

> > Your whole religion is tales from
> > goat herders 2000 years ago, why do you
> > believe ANY of it?
> Our rabbis and priests did not herd goats.

Before their tribe was made the priestly caste, they
probably did. That was part of the scam. Priests and
Levites didn't have to do farming/herding work for a living.

Kevrob

未读,
2022年6月28日 03:17:202022/6/28
收件人
Not if the Catholics obtain secular power, and base the laws of the
state on their religion The RCC is not the only religion to have done
this. The Vatican only accepted the idea of secular government that
supported freedom of religion in the 1960s.

[quote]

The most important modification in the Roman Catholic theory and practice of church-state
relations was the declaration of Vatican II in which the Roman Catholic Church recognized
the modern, secular, pluralistic nation as a valid political entity. Union of church and state had
been the common pattern since the era of Constantine, and all pontifical declarations of the
19th century rejected separation of church and state as pernicious. This position was steadfastly
maintained despite the fact that the separation of church and state had been accepted by
the Protestant countries of Europe; it reflected a long history of the state’s domination of the
church and the church’s involvement in political power struggles. Vatican II declared that the
Roman Catholic Church is not a political agent and will not ask for political support for
ecclesiastical ends. A significant change in the Roman attitude toward the state was the
council’s explicit endorsement of freedom of religion. Although they did not support any specific
form of secular government, the popes of the 20th century, including John XXIII and John Paul II,
asserted that the state must guarantee the human rights and personal dignity of all its citizens.

[/quote] - https://www.britannica.com/topic/Roman-Catholicism/Church-and-state-relations

Now, in their hearts-of-hearts, do Catholics or other Christians want the return of the supremacy
of the church over the state? The US Supreme Court just decided the US Constitution doesn't
bar the states from regulating abortion more strongly than the limits imposed by Roe and Casey.
That was a project motivated largely by Catholics and certain Protestants.
Then there are the Dominionists. {...shudder!...}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_theology

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dominionism-michele-bachmann-and-rick-perrys-dangerous-religious-bond

I 'm not going to go into the church-state conflicts involving with enclaves of
_Orthodox_ Jews. Well, maybe one example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Board_of_Education_of_Kiryas_Joel_Village_School_District_v._Grumet

Tandy might object that he's not Orthodox. I am not saying he is.
He has reported he's a Conservative Jew. I acknowledge that.

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-jewish-denominations/

Paul Wright

未读,
2022年6月28日 09:14:342022/6/28
收件人
They try to police thoughts, therefore, they are dictators.

PDW

Christopher A. Lee

未读,
2022年6月28日 11:00:552022/6/28
收件人
Something I posted last year...

FWIW...

The KJV was largely derived from William Tyndale's translation. He was
an English Protestant who was burned to death for heresy by the
Catholics while in exile in Belgium, for [word "heresy" missing],
(AFAIR).

Wikipedia's page on William Tyndale makes interesting reading. He
made the first, illegal, translation of the Bible into English,
managed to upset both the Pope and Henry VIII even though one of his
books was influential in the latter's making himsel fthe head of the
church, was exiled to Belgium where he was convicted of heresy by the
Holy Roman Empire and executed in 1636.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tyndale

It includes...

The translators of the Revised Standard Version in the 1940s noted
that Tyndale's translation, including the 1537 Matthew Bible(*),
inspired the translations that followed: The Great Bible of 1539; the
Geneva Bible of 1560; the Bishops' Bible of 1568; the Douay-Rheims
Bible of 1582–1609; and the King James Version of 1611, of which the
RSV translators noted: "It [the KJV] kept felicitous phrases and apt
expressions, from whatever source, which had stood the test of public
usage. It owed most, especially in the New Testament, to Tyndale".

Moynahan writes: "A complete analysis of the Authorised Version, known
down the generations as 'the AV' or 'the King James', was made in
1998. It shows that Tyndale's words account for 84% of the New
Testament and for 75.8% of the Old Testament books that he
translated."[57] Joan Bridgman makes the comment in the Contemporary
Review that, "He [Tyndale] is the mainly unrecognised translator of
the most influential book in the world. Although the Authorised King
James Version is ostensibly the production of a learned committee of
churchmen, it is mostly cribbed from Tyndale with some reworking of
his translation."[58]

(*) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Bible

The Matthew Bible, also known as Matthew's Version, was first
published in 1537 by John Rogers, under the pseudonym "Thomas
Matthew". It combined the New Testament of William Tyndale, and as
much of the Old Testament as he had been able to translate before
being captured and put to death. Myles Coverdale's translations,
chiefly from German and Latin sources, completed the Old Testament and
Biblical apocrypha, except for the Prayer of Manasseh, which was
Rogers'. It is thus a vital link in the main sequence of English Bible
translations.

Michelle Malkin

未读,
2022年6月28日 12:19:362022/6/28
收件人
On Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 3:00:27 AM UTC-4, vtand...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Or a religious group, church, temple or cult. Or someone like you, ArtieJoe.
> Jewish law applies to Jews only. Catholic law applies only to Catholics.

And do you wonder why so many of the Orthodox Jews who came to the US
became either Conservative or Reform Jews.

Viktor Tandofsky

未读,
2022年6月28日 14:06:522022/6/28
收件人
I don't accept as truth any of the crap you spew.

Ted

未读,
2022年6月29日 18:37:312022/6/29
收件人
On Sun, 26 Jun 2022 20:30:42 -0500, Mitchell Holman
LOL
0 个新帖子