Erasmus Darwin and Credible Denial

Bob Duncan

Oct 5, 2022, 10:27:10 AM10/5/22

Erasmus Darwin and Credible Denial
by Neil Thomas

Consideration of Erasmus Darwin's writings suggests that his
unbelief could well have been father to the thought in the matter
of his evolutionary speculations. He was certainly more prone to
gratuitous displays of atheistical dissent than was his grandson Charles.

<https://evolutionnews.org/2022/10/erasmus-darwin-and-credible-denial/>

--
God exists, uncreated and transcendental to space and time.
.

Mitchell Holman

Oct 5, 2022, 1:20:05 PM10/5/22
Bob Duncan <bob7d...@gmail.com> wrote in news:thk47o$a7d$1
@gioia.aioe.org:

> Erasmus Darwin and Credible Denial
> by Neil Thomas
>
> Consideration of Erasmus Darwin's writings suggests that his
> unbelief could well have been father to the thought in the matter
> of his evolutionary speculations. He was certainly more prone to
> gratuitous displays of atheistical dissent than was his grandson Charles.
>
> <https://evolutionnews.org/2022/10/erasmus-darwin-and-credible-denial/>

Why is your ID website so fixated on
the personal life of Darwin?

Physicists don't drone on about the
personal lives of Einstein and Newton
and Kepler and Planc and Bohr. It is
findings that matter, not their lives.

aaa

Oct 5, 2022, 1:25:39 PM10/5/22
I guess it's because Darwin was trying to explain a philosophical
question from the position of science. In doing so, he has set himself
up for both scientific and philosophical scrutiny.

--
God's spiritual evidence:

God's spiritual evidence is evident in everyone.
Find it and treasure it because it's the covenant of God.
It's the reason why we are given this life on earth.
It's the foundation why we can have meaning in life.

Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake of
Christ!

Mitchell Holman

Oct 5, 2022, 2:05:14 PM10/5/22
aaa <j...@somewhere.org> wrote in news:thkeme$317r2$5...@dont-email.me:

> On 2022-10-05 13:19, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>> Bob Duncan <bob7d...@gmail.com> wrote in news:thk47o$a7d$1
>> @gioia.aioe.org:
>>

>>> Erasmus Darwin and Credible Denial
>>> by Neil Thomas
>>>
>>> Consideration of Erasmus Darwin's writings suggests that his
>>> unbelief could well have been father to the thought in the matter
>>> of his evolutionary speculations. He was certainly more prone to
>>> gratuitous displays of atheistical dissent than was his grandson
>>> Charles.
>>>
>>> <https://evolutionnews.org/2022/10/erasmus-darwin-and-credible-denial
>>> />
>>>

>> Why is your ID website so fixated on
>> the personal life of Darwin?
>>
>> Physicists don't drone on about the
>> personal lives of Einstein and Newton
>> and Kepler and Planc and Bohr. It is
>> findings that matter, not their lives.
>
> I guess it's because Darwin was trying to explain a philosophical
> question from the position of science.

No, he wasn't.

He was explaining how different
life forms had adapted themselves to
live in a changing environment.

> In doing so, he has set
> himself up for both scientific and philosophical scrutiny.

Darwin said nothing about philosophy.

That is your red herring.

aaa

Oct 5, 2022, 2:47:31 PM10/5/22
That's the problem. He must have magically believed that life and life
forms are entirely separate issues that the formation of life forms
doesn't have to have anything to do with life. On the other hand, the
explanation of life forms would automatically cover the explanation of
life. The intellectual absurdity is unbelievable.

>> In doing so, he has set
>> himself up for both scientific and philosophical scrutiny.
>>

> Darwin said nothing about philosophy.

That's the saddest part. He as well as most of evolutionists today
didn't really understand what exactly life is and why life can only be
explained philosophically. It's the absolutely apparent lack of
education in philosophy.

> That is your red herring.

Mitchell Holman

Oct 5, 2022, 9:39:12 PM10/5/22
aaa <j...@somewhere.org> wrote in news:thkjfv$31pok$4...@dont-email.me:
Darwin studied philosophy, you didn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin

aaa

Oct 5, 2022, 9:47:10 PM10/5/22
Unfortunately, modern philosophy is all garbage that doesn't worth the
paper it's written on.

Mitchell Holman

Oct 5, 2022, 11:10:40 PM10/5/22
aaa <j...@somewhere.org> wrote in news:thlc2p$3638j$7...@dont-email.me:
What does Darwin have to do
with your ignorance of philosophy?

aaa

Oct 6, 2022, 8:49:29 AM10/6/22
Modern philosophy is actually the embodiment of ignorance. It is why
it's useless and meaningless.

Mitchell Holman

Oct 6, 2022, 1:35:41 PM10/6/22
aaa <j...@somewhere.org> wrote in news:thmisl$3bq31$1...@dont-email.me:

> On 2022-10-05 23:10, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>> aaa <j...@somewhere.org> wrote in news:thlc2p$3638j$7...@dont-email.me:

How would you know?

You have never read ANY philosophy, remember?

> It is why
> it's useless and meaningless.

Tell us works of modern philosophy you have read.

aaa

Oct 6, 2022, 2:49:07 PM10/6/22
Because I have learned the real philosophical knowledge.

>> It is why
>> it's useless and meaningless.
>

> Tell us works of modern philosophy you have read.

Why bother? I have no need to study ignorance.

Tim

Oct 6, 2022, 3:17:48 PM10/6/22
That's just another no true Scotsman fallacy.

> >> It is why
> >> it's useless and meaningless.
> >

> > Tell us works of modern philosophy you have read.
> Why bother? I have no need to study ignorance.

You obviously mastered it a long time ago.

aaa

Oct 6, 2022, 3:34:44 PM10/6/22
That's only your prejudiced opinion.

>>> Tell us works of modern philosophy you have read.
>> Why bother? I have no need to study ignorance.
>
> You obviously mastered it a long time ago.

Unlike you who is mastered by ignorance to deny everything instead.

Tim

Oct 6, 2022, 5:55:35 PM10/6/22
It's not an opinion.

> >> Why bother? I have no need to study ignorance.
> >
> > You obviously mastered it a long time ago.
> Unlike you who is mastered by ignorance to deny everything instead.

Thanks for proving my point again.

%

Oct 6, 2022, 5:56:36 PM10/6/22
you never had a point

Skeeter

Oct 6, 2022, 6:18:03 PM10/6/22
In article <_66cncVXIIiW0qL-...@giganews.com>, pursent100
@gmail.com says...
he's a jerk off

aaa

Oct 6, 2022, 6:36:25 PM10/6/22
There comes another opinion.

>>> You obviously mastered it a long time ago.
>> Unlike you who is mastered by ignorance to deny everything instead.
>
> Thanks for proving my point again.

I prove your blind denial every time.