WingNutDaily Columnist: Separation of atheism and state

Jason Spaceman

Jul 16, 2002, 6:45:32 AM7/16/02
'WingNutDaily Columnist: Separation of atheism and state'
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=28288

''Godless Americans' Plan March on Nation's Capital'
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=/Culture/archive/200207/CUL20020715b.html

'Gallitzin graced by Atheist Station: Wary churchgoers seem to be
resigned to edgy coexistence'
http://www.post-gazette.com/localnews/20020714atheist0714P4.asp

J. Spaceman

Mark Whickman

Jul 16, 2002, 7:06:22 AM7/16/02

"Jason Spaceman" <jspa...@linuxquestions.net> wrote in message

> 'WingNutDaily Columnist: Separation of atheism and state'
> http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=28288

http://www.markfiore.com/animation/pledge.html

Rawley

Jul 16, 2002, 1:07:04 PM7/16/02
"Mark Whickman" <mark.w...@ic.ac.uk> wrote in

> http://www.markfiore.com/animation/pledge.html

It's funny 'cause it's true.

Have a shpadoinkle day!
-Rawley a.a #2029
--

"Man, I just found out that I have phlegmpis."
- Phip Miskell

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever
conceived."
- Asimov

Smack'n Rat

Jul 16, 2002, 2:47:42 PM7/16/02
"Jason Spaceman" <jspa...@linuxquestions.net> wrote in message
> 'WingNutDaily Columnist: Separation of atheism and state'
> http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=28288

"This "neutrality" renders government completely dysfunctional. The bottom
line? If you are someone who thinks thunder happens "when the gods are
angry," or if you burn incense to a rock you found on the beach, or if you
believe in nothing at all, you've got as much potential credibility with
this new government as those who believe the biblical worldview that reveals
God as "love," that speaks of the struggle between good and evil, and
promises hope of true freedom and eternal peace for all mankind. "

Where he was speaking of Greek Gods, Hinduism, atheism, and then obviously
Christianity.. I didn't know why you named the subject as you did, until I
read that particular part.

--SR

johac

Jul 17, 2002, 2:29:12 AM7/17/02
In article <3d33fe21$1...@news.zen.co.uk>, "Mark Whickman"
<mark.w...@ic.ac.uk> wrote:

He!. Heh! I like the segment about Dubya. Thanks!
--

John Hachmann, aa #1782

It was the schoolboy who said: "Faith is believing what you know ain't so."
- Mark Twain (1835-1910).

Kumo Atsureki

Jul 17, 2002, 6:34:55 AM7/17/02
On 16 Jul 2002 03:45:32 -0700, jspa...@linuxquestions.net (Jason
Spaceman) posted <b9401f8a.02071...@posting.google.com>,
which read:

> 'WingNutDaily Columnist: Separation of atheism and state'
> http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=28288

<<"In God We Trust" is rejected as the national motto.>>

Well, duh.

<<Prayers are forbidden at inaugural ceremonies.
Yes, you can worship at home or in church, says the court, but don’t
you dare act on your beliefs in the public square.>>

Of course, like all idiots, he immediately assumes that upholding the
establishment clause is an infringement on the free exercise clause.

<<...government no longer recognizes any authority higher than its own
democratic opinions,...>>

And how is that different from now? I don't see why the people who
wrote the Bible should get a vote. They're not citizens, which is
obvious, since they died thousands of years before this country even
existed.

<<The truth is that even now we are only one or two secular Supreme
Court Justices away from a solid ACLU court, and all that it implies -
virulent hostility to America’s religious traditions.>>

This is why I talk about Christians pretending to be oppressed.

<<With so many secular forces in society hostile to the faiths of our
fathers,...>>

Namely, the Christians, who hate that they were Deists, and, so,
pretend that they were not.

<<We either have souls or we do not. Our nation is either under God,
or it is not.>>

Which is not permitted to have anything to do with the way government
makes its policies.

<<There must be a third choice, because as long as "disbelief" is
considered to be on an equal footing with "belief," not only will
faith find itself unwelcome in our halls of power, it will eventually
be removed from the body politic like a threatening tumor.>>

By allowing things to be equal, the one I agree with is threatened.
Right. Why not just call for the killing of all who oppose you?
It'll solve the issue in pretty much the same way.

<<Sadly, radical atheists like Newdow will always feel like outsiders
in a nation under God, and they will continue all efforts to undermine
our religious traditions.>>

Is it any surprise he recognizes that atheists are outsiders when "We,
the People" is only those who are American AND Christian?

<<There are many atheist, secular and anti-traditional organizations
in Washington that are determined to win this fight eventually - and
by current constitutional standards they have a case. That’s the
problem.>>

Yes, the Constitution is your problem, because it prohibits you from
writing your idiocy into law for all to obey.

You know, I'll have to post this link in the other thread I've been
working on... it clearly matches up with everything the idiot
incarnate is saying about government.

<<A recent Zogby poll reports that three-quarters of American college
professors still teach a post-modern worldview that accepts no
universal right or wrong. So if you cook the books at Enron, it may or
may not be wrong.>>

Enron is not universal. It's a specific example in which right or
wrong can be determined. And the ambiguity is not, "Is stealing
really wrong?" It's, "What, exactly, is stealing?"

<<A government that lays claim to neutrality on religious - and thus
on traditional moral - issues is a government that inevitably lacks
dependable standards.>>

This guy seems to think law can't exist without religious context. I
wonder, if no one had ever told him about God, would he be raping and
murdering every person he sees?

I'm sick of reading this idiot. He thinks religion should be in
government because it's right. Big fucking surprise.

Finally. I'll watch for that on C-Span.

> 'Gallitzin graced by Atheist Station: Wary churchgoers seem to be
> resigned to edgy coexistence'
> http://www.post-gazette.com/localnews/20020714atheist0714P4.asp

<<"What do we do? Well, we don't sacrifice goats in the basement,"
said Polansky, who officially is the Western Pennsylvania regional
director for the American Atheists. "There's discussion. Right now,
the big topic is using God in the Pledge of Allegiance and those damn
stupid school vouchers.">>

I like her style.

Brian

Jul 17, 2002, 11:50:32 AM7/17/02
jspa...@linuxquestions.net (Jason Spaceman) wrote in message news:<b9401f8a.02071...@posting.google.com>...

I liked how the WingNutDaily columnist made an analogy between the
secularists' movements and child molestation. Very persuasive for his
lobotomized readership and subliminally effective in maintaining the
false relationship between secularism/atheism and immorality.
Apparently, we're all just child molesters?

<quote>
In child molestation, for example, each step involves the child a bit
more, until the victim submits to sexual activity he or she would have
run from earlier. That's how progressive involvement works, and
secularists have been using it for years, one step at a time.
</quote>

Brian

John Hattan

Jul 17, 2002, 2:03:34 PM7/17/02
bria...@mindspring.com (Brian) wrote:

Well, let's try it another way, then.

In child molestation, for example, each step involves the child a
bit more, until the victim submits to sexual activity he or she
would have run from earlier. That's how progressive involvement

works, and creationists have been using it for years to get Biblical
creationism in schools, one step at a time.

---
John Hattan Grand High UberPope - First Church of Shatnerology
jo...@thecodezone.com http://www.shatnerology.com

Kumo Atsureki

Jul 18, 2002, 4:02:02 PM7/18/02
On 17 Jul 2002 08:50:32 -0700, bria...@mindspring.com (Brian) posted
<8537ea35.02071...@posting.google.com>, which read:

That's definitely one way they can take it, but I'd say he's trying to
make his readers feel that justice and the Constitution are somehow
molesting them. In other words, he's trying to make them feel
molested. In other words, he's trying to molest them. What a perv.