I Googled "atheist forums"

87 views
Skip to first unread message

Convinced Atheist

unread,
Dec 15, 2016, 11:05:12 AM12/15/16
to

I Googled "atheist forums".
(I know virtually nothing about these forums, but assume they are
one-person-dictatorships that keep the overly nutty theists out. Good.)

http://atheistforums.org/
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/
http://www.atheistrepublic.com/forums
https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/
http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/
http://www.happyatheistforum.com/

Anyone here tried any of these?

Any other good atheist forums?

Odd Bodkin

unread,
Dec 15, 2016, 12:24:46 PM12/15/16
to
the reddit forum is not moderated, I believe.
Some of the others are.
I do believe that atheists that are looking for a quiet, moderated place
free from theists should get the hell out of alt.atheism.

--
Odd Bodkin --- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Convinced Atheist

unread,
Dec 15, 2016, 3:54:38 PM12/15/16
to
Odd Bodkin wrote:
>
> I do believe that atheists that are looking for a quiet, moderated place
> free from theists should get the hell out of alt.atheism.

Well, idiot, anyone can participate in moderated forums AND alt.atheism.

In my opinion, idiot theists like you make atheists look good. Thanks.

Convinced Atheist

unread,
Dec 15, 2016, 3:57:07 PM12/15/16
to
And by the way, idiot, thanks for not adding anything useful to this thread.

Don Kresch

unread,
Dec 15, 2016, 5:56:30 PM12/15/16
to
On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 08:06:12 -0800, Convinced Atheist <c...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>
>I Googled "atheist forums".
>(I know virtually nothing about these forums, but assume they are
>one-person-dictatorships that keep the overly nutty theists out. Good.)
>
>http://atheistforums.org/

Several years ago I was on that one. It's gotten better now.

Don
aa#51, Knight of BAAWA, Jedi Slackmaster
Praise "Bob" or burn in Slacklessness trying not to.

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 15, 2016, 6:56:36 PM12/15/16
to
Convinced Atheist
Yes, it's not uncommon for unsure people to value their safe space.

Odd Bodkin

unread,
Dec 15, 2016, 9:58:12 PM12/15/16
to
And IMO, an atheist who thinks that any other atheist who disagrees with
him must be a theist is a nutjob.

> Thanks.

Olrik

unread,
Dec 15, 2016, 11:39:17 PM12/15/16
to
Le 2016-12-15 à 17:56, Don Kresch a écrit :
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 08:06:12 -0800, Convinced Atheist <c...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>
>> I Googled "atheist forums".
>> (I know virtually nothing about these forums, but assume they are
>> one-person-dictatorships that keep the overly nutty theists out. Good.)
>>
>> http://atheistforums.org/
>
> Several years ago I was on that one. It's gotten better now.


:-)


> Don
> aa#51, Knight of BAAWA, Jedi Slackmaster
> Praise "Bob" or burn in Slacklessness trying not to.
>


--
Olrik
aa #1981
EAC Chief Food Inspector, Bacon Division

hhya...@gmail.com

unread,
Dec 16, 2016, 2:44:54 AM12/16/16
to
We know all theists are unsure but atheists are 10000% sure that there is no proto=pixie up in the sky or in the universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 16, 2016, 2:56:01 AM12/16/16
to
you're not omniscient.

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess

unread,
Dec 16, 2016, 2:59:33 AM12/16/16
to
I've dabbled in Reddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/ ) and found it to be informative. It also seems to be very popular because there's a massive amount of activity there.

I've not tried the others, but I've heard from many that the Atheist Republic ( http://www.atheistrepublic.com/forums ) has a group of excellent individuals running and maintaining it.

> Any other good atheist forums?

Try this one on Google+ (which I run):

http://www.atheism-community.com/
Or: https://plus.google.com/communities/117225067421969617764

That's a Google+ community named "Everyone's 'atheism' community," and it's run for atheists, by atheists.

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
http://www.atheistgoddess.com/
"If Genesis is true, [then] God is running a protection racket."
-- Barry O'Grady (April 4, 2012)

Tim

unread,
Dec 16, 2016, 8:41:35 AM12/16/16
to
So now those atheist new groups make you emotional too. Is there anything that doesn't make you emotional?

Tim

unread,
Dec 16, 2016, 8:42:01 AM12/16/16
to
You are emotional.

Christopher A. Lee

unread,
Dec 16, 2016, 8:47:40 AM12/16/16
to
On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 05:41:33 -0800 (PST), Tim <cyfur...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>ranything that doesn't make you emotional?

It was the typical nastiness of the sociopathic theist who can't
accept that there is a world beyond their religion, and who
amateur-psychologises all sorts of falsehoods about people outside it
as if there were something wrong with them.

Convinced Atheist

unread,
Dec 16, 2016, 11:05:21 AM12/16/16
to
hehehe...I agree!!!! (let's piss off the nutjob theists)

Convinced Atheist

unread,
Dec 16, 2016, 11:23:03 AM12/16/16
to
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess wrote:

> On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 8:05:12 AM UTC-8, Convinced Atheist wrote:
>
>>I Googled "atheist forums".
>>(I know virtually nothing about these forums, but assume they are
>>one-person-dictatorships that keep the overly nutty theists out. Good.)
>>
>>http://atheistforums.org/
>>http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/
>>http://www.atheistrepublic.com/forums
>>https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/
>>http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/
>>http://www.happyatheistforum.com/
>>
>>Anyone here tried any of these?
>
>
> I've dabbled in Reddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/ ) and found it to be informative. It also seems to be very popular because there's a massive amount of activity there.

Great! I just visited reddit and found this nice FFRF discussion...re: the upcoming trump disaster
https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/5cxh9a/keep_state_and_church_separate_become_a_member_of/


>
> I've not tried the others, but I've heard from many that the Atheist Republic ( http://www.atheistrepublic.com/forums ) has a group of excellent individuals running and maintaining it.
>
>
>>Any other good atheist forums?
>
>
> Try this one on Google+ (which I run):
>
> http://www.atheism-community.com/
> Or: https://plus.google.com/communities/117225067421969617764
>
> That's a Google+ community named "Everyone's 'atheism' community," and it's run for atheists, by atheists.

Thanks!

Convinced Atheist

unread,
Dec 16, 2016, 11:28:06 AM12/16/16
to
Odd Bodkin wrote:

> On 12/15/2016 2:55 PM, Convinced Atheist wrote:
>
>> Odd Bodkin wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> I do believe that atheists that are looking for a quiet, moderated
>>> place free from theists should get the hell out of alt.atheism.
>>
>>
>> Well, idiot, anyone can participate in moderated forums AND alt.atheism.
>>
>> In my opinion, idiot theists like you make atheists look good.
>
>
> And IMO, an atheist who thinks that any other atheist who disagrees with
> him must be a theist is a nutjob.

State your reasons why you believe the god claim is false.

duke

unread,
Dec 16, 2016, 4:54:22 PM12/16/16
to
On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 16:56:31 -0600, Don Kresch <n...@spam.org> wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 08:06:12 -0800, Convinced Atheist <c...@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>
>>I Googled "atheist forums".
>>(I know virtually nothing about these forums, but assume they are
>>one-person-dictatorships that keep the overly nutty theists out. Good.)

The nutty atheists out also.

>>http://atheistforums.org/
>
> Several years ago I was on that one. It's gotten better now.
>
>Don
>aa#51, Knight of BAAWA, Jedi Slackmaster
>Praise "Bob" or burn in Slacklessness trying not to.

the dukester, American-American

*****
"The Mass is the most perfect form of Prayer."
Pope Paul VI
*****

Andrew

unread,
Dec 17, 2016, 6:40:29 AM12/17/16
to
<hhya...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e18cd16a-1186-436e...@googlegroups.com...
Yes, because there is no such thing as a "proto=pixie".

But we have a most awesome and wonderful Creator.

He is -->

"The single mightiest entity in the universe."
~ "Cloud Hobbit"

Glory to Him.

He is good.


Irreverend Dave

unread,
Dec 17, 2016, 1:19:27 PM12/17/16
to
"Andrew" <andrew....@usa.net> wrote:

> <hhya...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e18cd16a-1186-436e...@googlegroups.com...
>> Astero...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>> Convinced Atheist
>>>
>>> I Googled "atheist forums".
>>> (I know virtually nothing about these forums, but assume they are
>>> one-person-dictatorships that keep the overly nutty theists out.
>>> Good.)
>>>
>>> http://atheistforums.org/
>>> http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/
>>> http://www.atheistrepublic.com/forums
>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/
>>> http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/
>>> http://www.happyatheistforum.com/
>>>
>>> Anyone here tried any of these?
>>>
>>> Any other good atheist forums?
>>>
>>> Yes, it's not uncommon for unsure people to value their safe space.
>>
>> We know all theists are unsure but atheists are 10000%
>> sure that there is no proto=pixie up in the sky or in the
>> universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Yes, because there is no such thing as a "proto=pixie".
>

That's right Androol, there's no such thing as a proto=pixie. I knew
you'd eventually some around.


--
"Theology is not a source of genuine knowledge and therefore is not a
science. Reason and religion are thus at odds with each other."
- William Lane Craig - Reasonable Faith

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 17, 2016, 1:24:26 PM12/17/16
to
Why do you claim that I'm emotional? You have no rational argument to offer.

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 17, 2016, 1:25:16 PM12/17/16
to
You aren't omniscient and you are emotional.

Tim

unread,
Dec 18, 2016, 9:45:14 AM12/18/16
to
I don't need an argument. The facts speak for themselves. The fact is that you're emotional.

Tim

unread,
Dec 18, 2016, 9:46:06 AM12/18/16
to
I never claimed I was omniscient. I just pointed out the fact that you are emotional.

hypatiab7

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 12:05:35 AM12/19/16
to
No. This is our newsgroup and we aren't leaving. If you don't like this,
feel free to leave yourself.

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 12:18:52 AM12/19/16
to
Join my safe space thread. There you'll be happy and sparked

hypatiab7

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 12:18:57 AM12/19/16
to
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 6:56:36 PM UTC-5, Astero...@yahoo.com wrote:
It's not uncommon for nutso theist trolls to get kicked out of several
moderated newsgroups before they slither into alt.atheism which has
never been moderated. One of the jobs we have taken on is keeping these
trolls off the streets and not bothering the general public.

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 12:19:36 AM12/19/16
to
You're right, facts speak for themselves. They speak of your emotionalism.

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 12:20:42 AM12/19/16
to
You make claims that imply you think you know stuff that only someone who is omniscient could know. And you are emotional.

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 12:22:10 AM12/19/16
to
Sounds like you need some safe space.

hypatiab7

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 12:32:05 AM12/19/16
to
On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 2:56:01 AM UTC-5, Astero...@yahoo.com wrote:
Please provide evidence that your mythical deity and his bastard ever existed.


Go on, call me emotional. >:->

Tim

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 2:16:27 AM12/19/16
to
Why are you so emotional?

Tim

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 2:18:07 AM12/19/16
to
Yep.

> facts speak for themselves. They speak of your emotionalism.

They told me that everytime they show themselves you get emotional. You can't argue with the facts.

Tim

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 2:19:46 AM12/19/16
to
You make stupid statements like that one.

> And you are emotional.

And you make self-referential statements like that one.

Tim

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 2:20:26 AM12/19/16
to
Sounds like your're emotional.

John Baker

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 4:21:46 AM12/19/16
to
On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 23:18:05 -0800 (PST), Tim <cyfur...@gmail.com>
wrote:
McNameless, you wouldn't know a fact if it was dipped in battery acid
and shoved up your ass sideways.

Odd Bodkin

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 9:49:02 AM12/19/16
to
I don't state the god claim is false. What I state is the god claim is
unconvincing, and I'm not convinced. Certainly not enough to change what
I do on a day to day basis. There's a difference between claiming
something is false and being unconvinced. Either way, I'm an atheist.

Someone tells me that the right for individuals to own their own guns is
both important and guaranteed by the Constitution. I do not agree and I
am not convinced. This is not a claim on my part that their claim is
false, only that we have a disagreement. It is not necessary for me to
assert that there is one and only one objective truth about the claim in
contention and that one of us is right and the other is wrong. It is
only necessary to disagree.

Same thing about a claim about a god.

Furthermore, I think anybody who believes that any claim whatsoever is
subject to objective truth assessment just doesn't know what the fuck he
is talking about, and is probably not worth berating the point further with.

--
Odd Bodkin --- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 10:50:38 AM12/19/16
to
sounds like you're a parrot.

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 10:51:31 AM12/19/16
to
But I was talking to you, an emotional atheist.

Odd Bodkin

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 12:11:43 PM12/19/16
to
Oh, I don't mind you being here at all. This is, after all, a place
where atheists to talk with atheists over the background noise by
theists (which is inevitable if you have an unmoderated group). What I
said is that atheists who are looking for a *quiet, moderated* place
free from theists should stay away from this group, because this group
is not that and never will be.

Tim

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 2:34:21 PM12/19/16
to
You're being emotional.

Tim

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 2:36:34 PM12/19/16
to
You were projecting the emotions that atheism and evolution and other facts provoke in you. Try to be reasonable.

hypatiab7

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 3:10:14 PM12/19/16
to
On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 12:18:52 AM UTC-5, Astero...@yahoo.com wrote:
No, thanks. The thought of you dealing with anything scientific is
stomach churning.

hypatiab7

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 3:17:32 PM12/19/16
to
La de dah. What makes you assume that all the regulars (atheists) here
aren't aware of the groups you mentioned? Theist trolls make assumptions.
Most atheists don't. You're starting to sound like MattB. That isn't an
assumption. It's from familiarity of style.

hypatiab7

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 3:18:46 PM12/19/16
to
On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 12:22:10 AM UTC-5, Astero...@yahoo.com wrote:
Ahhhh. You took my advice. You're tryin a new schtick!


hypatiab7

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 3:41:29 PM12/19/16
to
On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 12:22:10 AM UTC-5, Astero...@yahoo.com wrote:
Reversal. How common of you.

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 7:40:23 PM12/19/16
to
There's no discussion of anything scientific in that safe space thread. It's there to guarantee you happy feelings.

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 19, 2016, 7:41:08 PM12/19/16
to
Why do you call it a schtick?

Odd Bodkin

unread,
Dec 20, 2016, 8:49:35 AM12/20/16
to
I didn't mention them. Convinced Atheist did. I only made a comment
about one of them (reddit subgroup) being not moderated, counter to the
expressed assumption made by Convinced Atheist.

I made a simple suggestion that those who are looking for a quiet,
moderated group where theists do not post are almost certainly not going
to find that in an unmoderated group where the bulk of the interactions
are flame wars between atheists and theists, such as alt.atheism.

> Theist trolls make assumptions.
> Most atheists don't. You're starting to sound like MattB. That isn't an
> assumption. It's from familiarity of style.
>


Tim

unread,
Dec 20, 2016, 9:30:28 AM12/20/16
to
It was the product of your emotions. No wonder there's no science there. Science makes you emotional, makes you feel unsafe.

> It's there to guarantee you happy feelings.

No, you made it to guarantee your own, by hiding from science and facts.

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 20, 2016, 9:57:18 AM12/20/16
to
its just there as a safe space for atheists like you. go there to be happy.

hypatiab7

unread,
Dec 20, 2016, 9:25:21 PM12/20/16
to
Just ignore the child. If you, me and hyya stopped responding to him, he'd freak out.

hypatiab7

unread,
Dec 20, 2016, 9:32:02 PM12/20/16
to
Because that's what it is. When you current line (emotionalism) stops
being useful, you look for a new schtick. Your new one is 'a safe space'.
Let's see how long this one will last.


Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 21, 2016, 12:01:54 AM12/21/16
to
actually, the only thing that would do is allow me to dominate the arguments. Thanks.

Astero...@yahoo.com

unread,
Dec 21, 2016, 12:02:42 AM12/21/16
to
That's because I started a "safe space" thread. It was for your benefit.

Convinced Atheist

unread,
Dec 21, 2016, 4:21:11 AM12/21/16
to
Odd Bodkin wrote:

> On 12/16/2016 10:28 AM, Convinced Atheist wrote:
>
>> Odd Bodkin wrote:
>>
>>> On 12/15/2016 2:55 PM, Convinced Atheist wrote:
>>>
>>>> Odd Bodkin wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I do believe that atheists that are looking for a quiet, moderated
>>>>> place free from theists should get the hell out of alt.atheism.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Well, idiot, anyone can participate in moderated forums AND
>>>> alt.atheism.
>>>>
>>>> In my opinion, idiot theists like you make atheists look good.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> And IMO, an atheist who thinks that any other atheist who disagrees
>>> with him must be a theist is a nutjob.
>>
>>
>> State your reasons why you believe the god claim is false.
>
>
> I don't state the god claim is false. What I state is the god claim is
> unconvincing, and I'm not convinced.

This group is not for convincing you.

Religion is argued on 3 levels:
1) any god exist? Where's the proof?
2) any holy book valid (without considering inside)? Why?
3) specific contents of holy book valid? Why?

You're on 3, obsessed with the finer points. Go to a Christian group and
argue with them about the finer points of the Bible.

You are a theist...if it smells like a duck...

Idiot.

Convinced Atheist

unread,
Dec 21, 2016, 5:58:07 AM12/21/16
to
So, idiot, what makes you think atheists here are not already aware of
that? You think you're saying something no one knows?

Tim

unread,
Dec 21, 2016, 8:03:43 AM12/21/16
to
So you go there and you are emotional there. You should stay there and stop taking it everywhere with you. Then you wouldn't have to project your emotion. You could just simply wallow in it.

Tim

unread,
Dec 21, 2016, 8:06:39 AM12/21/16
to
Emotion doesn't win arguments, so you couldn't dominate them. From what I've seen you don't have a clue how to form a decent argument. Last time you "argued" that paleontology was all wrong because one man was denied access to a fossil. Your argument was just an emotional response to the facts that you don't like.

Tim

unread,
Dec 21, 2016, 8:07:13 AM12/21/16
to
No, you started that thread because you're overly emotional.

Odd Bodkin

unread,
Dec 21, 2016, 10:48:11 AM12/21/16
to
On 12/21/2016 3:21 AM, Convinced Atheist wrote:
> Odd Bodkin wrote:
>
>> On 12/16/2016 10:28 AM, Convinced Atheist wrote:
>>
>>> Odd Bodkin wrote:
>>>
>>>> On 12/15/2016 2:55 PM, Convinced Atheist wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Odd Bodkin wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I do believe that atheists that are looking for a quiet, moderated
>>>>>> place free from theists should get the hell out of alt.atheism.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Well, idiot, anyone can participate in moderated forums AND
>>>>> alt.atheism.
>>>>>
>>>>> In my opinion, idiot theists like you make atheists look good.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> And IMO, an atheist who thinks that any other atheist who disagrees
>>>> with him must be a theist is a nutjob.
>>>
>>>
>>> State your reasons why you believe the god claim is false.
>>
>>
>> I don't state the god claim is false. What I state is the god claim is
>> unconvincing, and I'm not convinced.
>
> This group is not for convincing you.

Right. That would be the point.

>
> Religion is argued on 3 levels:
> 1) any god exist? Where's the proof?
> 2) any holy book valid (without considering inside)? Why?
> 3) specific contents of holy book valid? Why?

This group is not about the arguments for religion and what's wrong with
them. This group has NOTHING to do with any claims of religion. It is
about life among those for whom religion DOES NOT PLAY A ROLE. And here
you are, completely OBSESSED about religion and what's wrong with it.

>
> You're on 3, obsessed with the finer points. Go to a Christian group and
> argue with them about the finer points of the Bible.
>
> You are a theist...if it smells like a duck...

Which shows how quickly you can become convinced of something completely
wrong. Good on ya, mate.

>
> Idiot.

Odd Bodkin

unread,
Dec 21, 2016, 10:51:46 AM12/21/16
to
On 12/21/2016 4:58 AM, Convinced Atheist wrote:
>> I didn't mention them. Convinced Atheist did. I only made a comment
>> about one of them (reddit subgroup) being not moderated, counter to
>> the expressed assumption made by Convinced Atheist.
>>
>> I made a simple suggestion that those who are looking for a quiet,
>> moderated group where theists do not post are almost certainly not
>> going to find that in an unmoderated group where the bulk of the
>> interactions are flame wars between atheists and theists, such as
>> alt.atheism.
>
> So, idiot, what makes you think atheists here are not already aware of
> that? You think you're saying something no one knows?

Well, there's that lovely quote by Einstein: "Insanity: doing the same
thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Then there's your approach: Fuck the charter. I want to argue with
theists day in and day out because I need the practice and its fun.

Convinced Atheist

unread,
Dec 22, 2016, 12:35:15 PM12/22/16