a book for "ateists"

PG2User

Jan 31, 1994, 4:55:03 AM1/31/94
For those atheists out there here is a book which should interest you:
Ravi Zacharias' A SHATTERED VISAGE: THE TRUE FACE OF ATHEISM

Brendan Dunn

Jan 31, 1994, 12:52:29 PM1/31/94
In article <2ihl9l$j...@cville-srv.wam.umd.edu>,

PG2User <STE...@wam.umd.edu> wrote:
>For those atheists out there here is a book which should interest you:
> Ravi Zacharias' A SHATTERED VISAGE: THE TRUE FACE OF ATHEISM

Anybody know anything about this book? A short summary & publication info.
would be nice. From the title and the short message of support, I've got
a suspicious feeling that it is one of THOSE books, but a little more
information would be nice.

--Brendan

James J. Lippard

Feb 1, 1994, 5:57:20 AM2/1/94
In article <2ihl9l$j...@cville-srv.wam.umd.edu>, STE...@wam.umd.edu (PG2User) writes...

>For those atheists out there here is a book which should interest you:
> Ravi Zacharias' A SHATTERED VISAGE: THE TRUE FACE OF ATHEISM

I was on a plane flight a few years ago and someone across the aisle from
me was reading this book, so I couldn't resist sneaking a peek at the
pages as he read it. The pages I saw contained ludicrously bad arguments,
including the argument that atheistic evolution is self-refuting,
because if we evolved "by chance" then our thoughts must be random.

But I wouldn't mind having a copy, if you send me one. I promise to
read it cover to cover and summarize it for alt.atheism (and any parts
on evolution on talk.origins).

Jim Lippard Lip...@CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU
Dept. of Philosophy Lip...@ARIZVMS.BITNET
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721

A.X. Lias

Feb 1, 1994, 5:57:33 AM2/1/94
PG2User (STE...@wam.umd.edu) wrote:
: For those atheists out there here is a book which should interest you:

: Ravi Zacharias' A SHATTERED VISAGE: THE TRUE FACE OF ATHEISM

Care to give us an synopsis?
--

| | | |