having some doubts

David Dalton

Jun 2, 2014, 12:27:35 AM6/2/14
These days I am having some doubts about my eight main deities
and am considering going atheist again as I have been twice before
for a good number of years. But if I do so I would leave my
main messages on my Salmon on the Thorns web site, and leave
the description of my past mystical experiences, but would
remove the deities section. And I would still claim to
be similar to some past major pagan and non-pagan
religious figures. That similarity serves as a backing for
my main messages, which are mostly non-religious.

Is it true that the Buddha had no deities?

--
David Dalton dal...@nfld.com http://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"I will stand beside the ocean/and revel in the tide/give myself

SkyEyes

Sep 29, 2014, 5:47:14 AM9/29/14
On Sunday, June 1, 2014 9:27:35 PM UTC-7, David Dalton wrote:

<Snip>

> Is it true that the Buddha had no deities?

Buddha taught that *if* any gods exist, they are irrelevant. The Buddhist Way certainly does not depend on the good offices of any gods in order to be a viable lifeway.

Brenda R. Nelson, A.A.#34 and A+ Atheist