IMPACT!

MrPosti...@kymhorsell.com

Sep 26, 2022, 7:24:07 PM9/26/22
NASA has succesfully smashed a vending machine into a small asteroid
at 6.2 km/sec.
The closing seconds showed a direct hit on a visibly pock-marked Dimorphus.
Sharp-eyed viewers would have seen as the small asteroid orbits a 10x larger
primary Didymos there was also a much smaller rock apparently in orbit
around the smaller asteroid of the pair.
NASA is hailing a "new era of humankind" as humans have demonstrated
the capability to protect itself from an ELE.

--
"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.
Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."

Hurricanes are lasting longer, staying stronger over land
Nat Geo, 11 Nov 2020
Hurricanes could be lasting longer after they make landfall, and spreading
their damage farther inland, a new study suggests-a previously undescribed
effect of climate change. The study, published today in the journal Nature,
analyzed hurricanes that have struck North America from 1967 to 2018.

In 2021, 1.8 Billion People Experienced a Record High Annual Average
Temperature
Discover Magazine, 30 Jan 2022
For the planet overall, 2021 finished as sixth warmest year on record.

palsing

Sep 26, 2022, 10:22:52 PM9/26/22
On Monday, September 26, 2022 at 4:24:07 PM UTC-7, MrPosti...@kymhorsell.com wrote:

> NASA has succesfully smashed a vending machine into a small asteroid
> at 6.2 km/sec.

> The closing seconds showed a direct hit on a visibly pock-marked Dimorphus.

> Sharp-eyed viewers would have seen as the small asteroid orbits a 10x larger
> primary Didymos there was also a much smaller rock apparently in orbit
> around the smaller asteroid of the pair.

"Apparently" is the keyword here. It seemed to me that there was a "peak" on Didymos that was surrounded by shadow that protruded into the sunlight and only appeared to be a separate object...

https://planetary.s3.amazonaws.com/web/assets/pictures/_768x662_crop_center-center_82_line/613307/Dimorphos-in-view.jpg.webp

... see what I mean?