Re: Mars is found to be 76 degrees F. in Summer.

15 views
Skip to first unread message

a425couple

unread,
Jul 22, 2022, 11:37:53 AMJul 22
to
On 7/21/2022 3:59 AM, Mark Earnest wrote:
> No bad for a wind, water and sand blasted planet.

Hey Mark,
Would you please provide some evidence to
support your claim that the temperature on
Mars reached 76 degrees F ?

Anywhere?

Mark Earnest

unread,
Jul 22, 2022, 1:25:30 PMJul 22
to
Smithsonian book of Space, a visual encyclopedia, page 128. Actually it is 77 degrees F.

R Kym Horsell

unread,
Jul 22, 2022, 5:18:05 PMJul 22
to
The maximum temperature of mars is 36 degrees Celsius [96F] while the minimum
temperature is an average -123 degrees Celsius. At night in Mars, the
temperature will decrease to zero or less!. In the season of summer, mars
will have a temperature of 20 degrees Celsius and then will surprisingly
drop to -90 degrees at night.
-- marsaavcoolinfo.weebly.com/mars-temperature.html

What with all the probes over there there are daily weather forecasts on
the web somewhere.

a425couple

unread,
Jul 23, 2022, 8:45:48 AMJul 23
to
I was wrong to doubt, Sorry.
I asked, and I read:

86 degrees F (30 C)
A summer day on Mars may get up to 70 degrees F (20 C) near the
equator - with the highest temperature shown by NASA at a balmy
86 degrees F (30 C). Which is why we could really say it's colder
than Mars on parts of Earth any day of the year.

'It Is Colder Than Mars' Right Now, But That's Not as Big of a Deal a…
www.sciencealert.com/it-s-colder-than-mars-isn-t-as-big-of-a-deal-as-you-think-it-is
www.sciencealert.com/it-s-colder-than-mars-isn-t-as-big-of-a-deal-as-you-think-i

R Kym Horsell

unread,
Jul 23, 2022, 8:59:30 AMJul 23
to
a425couple <a425c...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/22/2022 10:25 AM, Mark Earnest wrote:
>> On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 10:37:53 AM UTC-5, a425couple wrote:
>>> On 7/21/2022 3:59 AM, Mark Earnest wrote:
>>>> No bad for a wind, water and sand blasted planet.
>>>
>>> Hey Mark,
>>> Would you please provide some evidence to
>>> support your claim that the temperature on
>>> Mars reached 76 degrees F ?
>>>
>>> Anywhere?
>> Smithsonian book of Space, a visual encyclopedia, page 128. Actually it is 77 degrees F.
>
> I was wrong to doubt, Sorry.
> I asked, and I read:

Never be sorry to doubt. :)

R Kym Horsell

unread,
Jul 23, 2022, 9:48:03 AMJul 23
to
R Kym Horsell <k...@kymhorsell.com> wrote:
...
> Never be sorry to doubt. :)

If your appetite for Mars has been whetted here are
a couple of old papers on what's been going on over there
for the past 30y:

<kymhorsell.com/MARS-WEATHER/>.

Mark Earnest

unread,
Jul 23, 2022, 1:47:31 PMJul 23
to
On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 7:45:48 AM UTC-5, a425couple wrote:
> On 7/22/2022 10:25 AM, Mark Earnest wrote:
> > On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 10:37:53 AM UTC-5, a425couple wrote:
> >> On 7/21/2022 3:59 AM, Mark Earnest wrote:
> >>> No bad for a wind, water and sand blasted planet.
> >>
> >> Hey Mark,
> >> Would you please provide some evidence to
> >> support your claim that the temperature on
> >> Mars reached 76 degrees F ?
> >>
> >> Anywhere?
> > Smithsonian book of Space, a visual encyclopedia, page 128. Actually it is 77 degrees F.
> I was wrong to doubt, Sorry.
> I asked, and I read:
>
> 86 degrees F (30 C)
> A summer day on Mars may get up to 70 degrees F (20 C) near the
> equator - with the highest temperature shown by NASA at a balmy
> 86 degrees F (30 C). Which is why we could really say it's colder
> than Mars on parts of Earth any day of the year.

Then we will need fans mid summer, mid day on Mars.

Rockinghorse Winner

unread,
Jul 24, 2022, 2:42:26 AMJul 24
to
That is too uncomfortable for me. I sweat easily.
--

"Many have sought in vain to tell joyously of the Most Joyous. Now at last It
declares Itself to me, now in this misery." - Holderlin
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages