Re: Einstein's Relativity as a Money-Spinner

The Starmaker

Jun 2, 2016, 4:49:50 PM6/2/16
Pentcho Valev wrote:

> http://www.techinsider.io/kavli-prize-winners-2016-6
> "Nine scientists just won an award that's worth more than a Nobel Prize, earning a cool $1 million for their cutting-edge research. Called the Kavli Prize, these lofty awards... [...] The three winners in astrophysics this year were Ronald Drever, Kip Thorne, and Rainer Weiss. The trio won for detecting the ripples in space-time known as gravitational waves — arguably the most remarkable scientific achievement of the year, if not the past 100 years. "This detection has, in a single stroke and
>
> http://news.mit.edu/2016/rainer-weiss-awarded-shaw-prize-astronomy-0601
> "Weiss will share the $1.2 million prize with Kip Thorne, Caltech’s Richard P. Feynman Professor of Theoretical Physics, emeritus; and Ronald Drever, emeritus professor of physics at Caltech. Together, they are cited by the Shaw Foundation “for conceiving and designing the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO), whose recent direct detection of gravitational waves opens a new window..."
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/04/science/ligo-gravitational-wave-breakthrough-prize-yuri-milner.html
> "LIGO Gravitational Wave Researchers to Divide $3 Million. The three ringleaders of the gravitational-wave experiment, known as LIGO, Ronald P. Drever and Kip. S. Thorne of the California Institute of Technology, and Rainer Weiss of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, will split $1 million. The other $2 million will be split among 1,012 scientists who were authors of the article in Physical Review Letters, or who made major contributions to the study of gravitational waves."
>
> http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2016-05/iau-ro2050416.php
> "In addition to a cash award of $500 000, to be shared equally between Drever, Thorne and Weiss, each of the three will receive a gold medal and a citation that reads: The Gruber Foundation proudly presents the 2016 Cosmology Prize to Rainer Weiss, Kip Thorne, Ronald Drever, and the entire LIGO team for pursuing a vision to observe the universe in gravitational waves, leading to a first detection that emanated from the collision of two black holes."
>
> Now Rainer Weiss, Kip Thorne and Ronald Drever are wating for the Nobel prize but hope to be given a few more millions in the meantime:
>
> http://motls.blogspot.bg/2016/02/ligo-journal-servers-behind-scenes.html
> " On September 9th, the LIGO folks were already convinced that they would discover the waves soon. Some of them were thinking what they would buy for the Nobel prize and all of them had to make an online vote about the journal where the discovery should be published. It has to be Physical Review Letters because PRL (published by the APS) is the best journal for the Nobel-prize-caliber papers, the LIGO members decided. Five days later, Advanced LIGO made the discovery. Four more days later, as y
>
> Pentcho Valev

You have to give some credit to Einstein's Relativity...e=mc2 was a big
money maker for all his friends helping him with his building an atomic
bomb.

He told everybody....patent everything. (thats how you get paid by
building my atomic bomb, i'll make you all fuckin rich!)

Have you seen the E=mc2...hairstye?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjqoHQKUoAABC5n.jpg

Hägar

Jun 4, 2016, 4:23:34 PM6/4/16
"The Starmaker" wrote in message news:57509C...@ix.netcom.com...

Pentcho Valev wrote:

> http://www.techinsider.io/kavli-prize-winners-2016-6
> "Nine scientists just won an award that's worth more than a Nobel Prize,
> earning a cool $1 million for their cutting-edge research. Called the
> Kavli Prize, these lofty awards... [...] The three winners in astrophysics
> this year were Ronald Drever, Kip Thorne, and Rainer Weiss. The trio won
> for detecting the ripples in space-time known as gravitational waves —
> arguably the most remarkable scientific achievement of the year, if not
> the past 100 years. "This detection has, in a single stroke and
>
> http://news.mit.edu/2016/rainer-weiss-awarded-shaw-prize-astronomy-0601
> "Weiss will share the $1.2 million prize with Kip Thorne, Caltech’s
> Richard P. Feynman Professor of Theoretical Physics, emeritus; and Ronald
> Drever, emeritus professor of physics at Caltech. Together, they are cited
> by the Shaw Foundation “for conceiving and designing the Laser
*** I guess anyone who is smart and uses that mental advantage to
to better himself, by any legal means, automatically becomes the
sworn enemy of deadbeats like you and your green-with-envy ilk,
don't they, Stardipshit ...

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jun 7, 2016, 3:06:00 PM6/7/16
Hägar wrote:

> You have to give some credit to Einstein's Relativity...e=mc2 was a big
> money maker for all his friends helping him with his building an atomic
> bomb.

Einstein did _not_ build an atomic bomb; he urged Eisenhower in a letter to
support the development of one (which led to the Manhattan Project in which
Einstein did _not_ participate in any way), but only to have one to have a
*strategic* advantage over *Nazi Germany*; not for using it against Germany
(or its allies, in this case Japan). Einstein was a pacifist at heart; he
sought to achieve a balance of powers with this, having learned from his
Hungarian colleague that Nazi Germany, through its then-recent conquests,
would soon be able to complete the construction of an atomic bomb. Later he
was horrified that the atomic bomb not only was built but actually used, and
regretted having written that letter.

That Einstein built or had helped building an atomic bomb is only what the
“Starmaker” troll, that you have been feeding by crossposting across 4
newsgroups *without* Followup-To, wants to believe or pretends to believe.

As for E = mc² (you cannot write it properly; do you even know what it means
and where it comes from?), you could not have been writing this without it
as everything in technology that enables you to submit postings depends on
special relativity. Starting with nuclear fission reactors that
(unfortunately, but still) produce the majority of electricity required for
computers in developed countries. And even if you would depend solely on
solar energy (which would be better), then you should be grateful to
Einstein because he researched and explained the underlying photoelectric
effect which started quantum mechanics (another set of theories without
which there would be no microcomputers).

> He told everybody....patent everything.

He did _not_ do that *either*. From which yellow press toilet seat do you
get your "information" from?

F'up2 sci.physics.relativity

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2

Notroll2016

Jun 7, 2016, 3:52:55 PM6/7/16

"Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn" wrote in message
**************
OMG, are you saying Hagar is a cross poster? Wow! We knew he was a cross
dresser, but never anything like this.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jun 7, 2016, 4:14:06 PM6/7/16
lal_truckee wrote:

> On 6/7/16 12:05 PM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> Einstein did _not_ build an atomic bomb; he urged Eisenhower
>
> and you introduce your own misinformation ...

Correction and clarification, then:

The President of the United States of America to whose office Albert
Einstein (1879–1955) forwarded a letter written by Leo Szilárd, signed
by Einstein so that the latter must be assumed to have endorsed it thereby,
to develop an atomic bomb, was not Dwight D. Eisenhower; it was the 32nd
President, Franklin D. Roosevelt (in office: 1933–1945).

Eisenhower was the 34th President of the United States (in office:
1951/1952) under whose administration the hydrogen bomb was under
development instead.

See also:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein%E2%80%93Szil%C3%A1rd_letter>
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_D._Eisenhower>

> Better to forego comment in a thread initiated by the troll (as I ignore
> my own advice.)

Well, *nobody* is perfect.

The Starmaker

Jun 8, 2016, 4:28:53 AM6/8/16
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

> Hägar wrote:
>
> > You have to give some credit to Einstein's Relativity...e=mc2 was a big
> > money maker for all his friends helping him with his building an atomic
> > bomb.
>
> Einstein did _not_ build an atomic bomb; he urged Eisenhower in a letter to
> support the development of one

Okay, you want to switch the simple word "build" to the word you prefer to use "developement"...

fine, but they still both mean the same thing dummie:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/build

to develop or form (something) gradually

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/development

the act or process of creating something over a period of time

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/built

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/built

http://pw1.netcom.com/~starmaker/Albert_Einstein/Albert_Einstein_The-Man-Who-Built-The-Atomic-Bomb.html

and here are other bombs einstein built...

http://pw1.netcom.com/~starmaker/Albert_Einstein/bomb2.jpg

http://pw1.netcom.com/~starmaker/Albert_Einstein/bomb1.jpg

oh, excuse me...developed....support the development of one...in a letter, ...

(the magazine cover reads E-mc2)
http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/1946/1101460701_400.jpg

get a life.

you and your stupid pointed ears...(stole it from spock...probably a trekkie.)

Do you know what the hand signal *really* stands for Mr. Pointed ears???? I bet you a million dollars you don't even know!

I bet you a million dollars you don't even know!
I bet you a million dollars you don't even know!
I bet you a million dollars you don't even know what the Vulcan_salute *really* means!
I bet you a million dollars you don't even know!
I bet you a million dollars you don't even know!
I bet you a million dollars you don't even know!

and you call yourself pointed ears and you don't even know...what the Vulcan_salute *really* means!

I bet you a million dollars you don't even know!
I bet you a million dollars you don't even know!
I bet you a million dollars you don't even know!

I bet you a million dollars you don't even knowwwwwwww!

je suis charly

Jun 8, 2016, 4:46:07 AM6/8/16
In article <5757D7...@ix.netcom.com>,
The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> >
> > Hägar wrote:
> >
> > > You have to give some credit to Einstein's Relativity...e=mc2 was a big
> > > money maker for all his friends helping him with his building an atomic
> > > bomb.
> >
> > Einstein did _not_ build an atomic bomb; he urged Eisenhower in a letter to
> > support the development of one
>

> Okay, you want to switch the simple word "build" to the word you prefer to
> use "developement"...

Actually it was the president at that time, Roosevelt, and he signed but didn't
write the letter. Eisenhower was still off in the Philipines or somewhere else
irrelevant. The letter didn't urge the building of bomb. It stated the
possibility that something might be done with the newly discoverred fission in
Germany, and Germany seemed suddenly interested in Uranium. It suggested the US
government decide what to do with the research being done in the US.

--
Any one who has common sense will remember that the bewilderments
of the eye are of two kinds, and arise from two causes, either from

The Starmaker

Jun 8, 2016, 12:25:26 PM6/8/16
For some reason, yous people don't understand reality.

The patent for the atomic bomb was 1934
https://www.google.com/#q=patent+for+the+atomic+bomb

The letter Einstein wrote to Roosevelt
was written in
August 2nd 1939

Youssss obviously haven't read the book...

http://pw1.netcom.com/~starmaker/Albert_Einstein/Albert_Einstein_The-Man-Who-Built-The-Atomic-Bomb.html

How do you people manage to walk on the planet earth with wrong information in your head all the time???

Doesn't it hurt your head??

The Starmaker

Jun 8, 2016, 1:19:52 PM6/8/16

The Starmaker

Jun 8, 2016, 3:46:20 PM6/8/16
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

> je suis charly wrote:
>
> > [corrections I made ca. 12 hours earlier in
> >
> > The Einstein–Szilárd letter didn't urge the building of bomb. It stated
> > the possibility that something might be done with the newly discoverred
> > fission in Germany, and Germany seemed suddenly interested in Uranium. It
> > suggested the US government decide what to do with the research being done
> > in the US.
>
> If you read <http://docs.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/psf/box5/a64a02.html>, what
> do you think Szilárd was referring to

Now you're trying to switch names of who wrote the letter!

You must think everyone here is STUPID?

Or idiots...

Which is it, stupid or idiots?

control freaks are the worse...

Arc Michael

Jun 8, 2016, 3:58:02 PM6/8/16
On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 12:06:00 PM UTC-7, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Hägar wrote:
>
> > You have to give some credit to Einstein's Relativity...e=mc2 was a big
> > money maker for all his friends helping him with his building an atomic
> > bomb.
>
> Einstein did _not_ build an atomic bomb; he urged Eisenhower in a letter

WRONG HE BEGGED fdr ON HIS FUCKING KNEEWS YOU FILTHY JEW SHIT