You can fool all the people upto a point

MrPosti...@kymhorsell.com

Sep 16, 2022, 11:14:43 PM9/16/22
Another interesting read (between the lines) from Avi Loeb.

Among other things, how the status quo can hide new things for a while
but eventually reality breaks out when enough telescopes (or datasets)
can see it whenever they choose.

<https://thedebrief.org/reality-on-demand-why-humans-are-not-scientific-detectors/>

Reality On Demand: Why Humans Are Not Scientific Detectors

Avi Loeb·
FeaturesOur Cosmic NeighborhoodUAP
·Sept 16, 2022

In the court of law, people are convicted of crimes and sentenced to
jail based on eyewitness testimonies. However, scientific evidence is
held to a higher standard. For a scientific claim to be regarded as
credible, it must be based on quantitative data from instruments that
are fully understood and under control. In contrast to such
measurement devices, eyewitness testimonies could be biased by wishful
thinking, hallucinations or ulterior motives. As Winston Churchill
noted, history depends on who writes it, making it challenging to
extract a balanced description of the physical reality based solely on
reports from humans.

Four centuries ago, Galileo Galilei was put in house arrest. This act
was intended to hide away from public view the evidence apparent
through his telescope eyepiece that the Earth is not at the center of
the Universe. This act of censorship, of course, did not change the
orbit of the Earth around the Sun, but it allowed the prevailing dogma
to dominate society until the evidence was impossible to hide as it
was supported by data from many other telescopes.

In today's popularity contests, it is important to remember that
reality is whatever it is, irrespective of how many "likes" it gets on
Twitter. We don't get whatever version of reality "on demand" that we
wish as simple as pulling it up on a streaming television service;
instruments similar to Galileo's telescope do not change their
readings based on popularity, preference, societal pressure,
prejudices, or ego.

Whereas the legal system often encounters one-time events that cannot
be reproduced, science aims to verify empirical evidence by repeating
the experiments with ever better instruments and improved precision.

The underlying principle of modern science, founded by Galileo's
approach, is that an "It-It" interaction between the object under
study and the measurement apparatus, can be quantified and reproduced
because it lacks the subjectivity inherent in the human
experience. The alternative "I-It" and "I-You" interactions discussed
in the 1923 book "I and Thou" by the philosopher Martin Buber, apply
to interactions with humans and are less straightforward to interpret
than the quantifiable interaction between purely physical objects.

The Galileo Project team will be testing and calibrating its suite of
instruments in the coming months. Once the tests are complete, the
research team will deploy the detector system in a desired location
and collect new data by filming the sky in the infrared, optical,
radio and audio, starting in spring 2023.

Members of the experimental team assembled in the backyard of my home
this weekend. It was rewarding to hear the latest update on the status
of the Project's instruments. One of the most valuable team members
who designed our audio detectors, Andy Mead, wrote to me after the
meeting: "I'm more convinced than ever that the Galileo Project is on
the right track - I'm incredibly proud to be part of a team going
about this study in the right way, letting the scientific method and
true curiosity drive the ship, sailing smoothly past the Twitterverse
on our way to a data-driven destination." He added: "Allowing my
curiosity to express itself via my technical work on this project has
been a highlight of my professional career to date."

--
But what is true and I'm actually being serious here, is there are, there's
footage and records of objects in the skies that we don't know exactly what

Unidentified aerial phenomena I. Observations of events
B.E. Zhilyaev, V. N. Petukhov, V. M. Reshetnyk
Main Astronomical Observatory, NAS of Ukraine,
Zabalotnoho 27, 03680, Kyiv, Ukraine
[...] We present a broad range of UAPs. We see them everywhere. We observe a
significant number of objects whose nature is not clear. Flights of single,
group and squadrons of the ships were detected, moving at speeds from 3 to
15 degrees per second. Some bright objects exhibit regular brightness
variability in the range of 10 - 20 Hz. Two-site observations of UAPs at a
base of 120 km with 2 synchronised cameras allowed the detection of
a variable object, at an altitude of 1170 km. It flashes for one hundredth
of a second at an average of 20 Hz. [...]
An object contrast makes it possible to estimate the distance using
colourimetric methods. [Objects with 0 albedo] are observed in the
troposphere at distances up to 10-12 km. We estimate their size from 3 to 12
meters and speeds up to 15 km/s. [...]
[Astronomers in Ukraine have undertaken their own independent survey
of objects they see flying over the Kyiv region at speeds around 15
km/sec. They are watching the daytime sky at the zenith and in front
of the moon. They see many objects -- some bright and some dark,
different sizes. They travel often singly but sometimes in large
groups. They report brightness is linked with speed. The spectrum
of bright objects is reportedly not reflected sunlight. Objects
have been spotted inside the atm upto ~10 km but also out to ~1000 km
above the earth, travelling up to ~1000 km/sec. They are not likely
anything sent by Russia or any other country].

'Cosmic' and 'phantom' UFOs are all over Ukraine's skies, govt report
claims
Live Science, 15 Sep 2022 05:00Z
Of course, given that Russia and Ukraine have been locked in a months-long
war that relies heavily on aircraft and drones, it ...

Scientists in Ukraine say they've spotted several UFOs
Metro, 14 Sep 2022 15:50Z
Scientists in Ukraine believe they've spotted a number of UFOs, according to
a new preprint research paper. The paper ...

Hotel mogul, UFO believer spending in Nevada governor's race
ABC, 14 Sep 2022 14:28Z
Las Vegas-based hotel magnate and longtime UFO researcher Robert Bigelow has
donated, through his owned companies, a total of ...

US Navy Admits It Has More UFO Videos, But Don't Expect to See Them Anytime Soon
ScienceAlert, 11 Sep 2022 03:11Z
The US Navy holds unseen videos of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) - or
unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), as the ...

Classified UFO videos would 'harm national security' if released, Navy says
Live Science, 10 Sep 2022 10:59Z
The US Navy holds unseen videos of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) - or
unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), as the ...

Navy tells watchdog site releasing all UFO videos would
'harm national security'
Washington Examiner on MSN.com, 09 Sep 2022 19:26Z
A watchdog website says its Freedom of Information Act request for
every UFO video held by the Navy was denied due to national security reasons.
The Black Vault says that, since April 2020, it has been attempting to
get all videos of UFOs (also called unidentified aerial phenomena)
possessed by the Navy via a FOIA request.
After receiving several rejections in which the Navy would neither
confirm nor deny the existence of the videos, the group says it
received a response denying the request for the "sensitive information."
"The requested videos contain sensitive information pertaining to
Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) and are classified and are exempt
from disclosure," the letter read. "The release of this information
will harm national security."
[Every frame apparently contains things too scary to show the public].