10 mins to impact

MrPosti...@kymhorsell.com

Sep 26, 2022, 7:07:40 PM9/26/22
The DART is closing in on Didymos with the probe's camera now
showing a tiny dot orbiting near the larger Dimorphos
as it closes in about 11 mn km from earth.
Impact is due in less than 10 mins with ground telescopes on earth
also watching the action.
The impact will be followed live in Australua on ABC morning news
in between a story of a major hack attack on one of the country's
major telecom providers and a list of sporting results.

--
"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.
Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."

United States Intelligence Office Updates Logo to Include UFOs
Comicbook.com, 25 Sep 2022 03:22Z
While other common crafts are included on the logo, including a commercial
jet, a fighter jet, a stealth bomber, and a ...
[See <https://www.airdomainintelligence.mil/portals/91/Seal22_png.png?ver=oc6DFzCanKtO6zbGEbmRVA%3d%3d> if they let you].

Here Comes the Oct Surprise
The Debrief/Opinion, 23 Sept 2022
2022 may be poised to have the greatest political Oct Surprise in
the history of United States elections.
That's right. Unidentified flying objects dumped smack into the middle
of a national midterm election. UFOs as a political issue. Candidates
were questioned about where they stand on the issue.
It sounds crazy. It's not going to happen. Right? I mean, right?
[The next big UFO report to Congress is due Oct 31 and for the first
time the topic may become an election issue].

Prince Philip's 'UFO investigation could be released'
BANG Showbiz on MSN, 22 Sep 2022 15:22Z
Prince Philip's UFO investigation could be released following the death
of Queen Elizabeth. The prince developed a ...

Daniel65

Sep 27, 2022, 6:13:52 AM9/27/22
MrPosti...@kymhorsell.com wrote on 27/9/22 9:04 am:
> The DART is closing in on Didymos with the probe's camera now
> showing a tiny dot orbiting near the larger Dimorphos
> as it closes in about 11 mn km from earth.
> Impact is due in less than 10 mins with ground telescopes on earth
> also watching the action.
> The impact will be followed live in Australua on ABC morning news
> in between a story of a major hack attack on one of the country's
> major telecom providers and a list of sporting results.

Been lots of attention paid to this 'experiment' but I can't recall ever
actually hearing where this twin Asteroid is situated!

Anyone?? .... with more detail than 'Out there, please!!)
--
Daniel

R Kym Horsell

Sep 27, 2022, 7:05:53 AM9/27/22

What kind of address do you want?

It's 11 km from earth.

Position in the sky around now is RA 59.9 deg Dec -33.4 deg.
I think that's about 1/2 way between Caelum and Fornax
and I think that's not in the nighttime sky at present.

a425couple

Sep 27, 2022, 12:06:25 PM9/27/22
I went to Google, then Images,
and entered
Didymos and Dimorphos

One pretty decent graphic is at:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11249767/What-time-NASA-Dart-mission-today.html

It shows both Didymos and Dimorphos orbiting the sun in an eliptical
orbit that varies from slightly outside the earth to quite a bit further
out.

I also see
Didymos I Dimorphos is a minor-planet moon of the near-Earth asteroid
65803 Didymos, with which it shares a binary system. It has a diameter
of 170 metres. Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimorphos

"The primary body of the binary system, Didymos, orbits the Sun at a
distance of 1.0–2.3 AU once every 770 days (2 years and 1 month). The
pathway of the orbit has an eccentricity of 0.38 and an inclination of
3° with respect to the ecliptic. On 4 October 2022 Didymos will make an
Earth approach of 10.6 million km (6.6 million mi).[9]"

Caselli Luigi

Sep 27, 2022, 12:32:00 PM9/27/22
Il 27/09/2022 13:05, R Kym Horsell ha scritto:

> It's 11 km from earth.

Not so far away...

Luigi Caselli

R Kym Horsell

Sep 27, 2022, 12:51:51 PM9/27/22
Caselli Luigi <cas...@anyspamrefusediol.it> wrote:
> Il 27/09/2022 13:05, R Kym Horsell ha scritto:
[some chunk of stuff invisibly elided]
>> It's 11 km from earth.
> Not so far away...
> Luigi Caselli

One second I type 11 mn and the next I type 11. I guess you didnt notice.

Caselli Luigi

Sep 27, 2022, 2:40:09 PM9/27/22
I noticed but 11 km was too scaring.
The Armageddon arriving... :-)

Luigi Caselli

Caselli Luigi

Sep 27, 2022, 2:40:09 PM9/27/22
I noticed but 11 km was too scaring.
The Armageddon arriving... :-)

Eta Beta

Daniel65

Sep 28, 2022, 1:50:11 AM9/28/22
a425couple wrote on 28/09/2022 2:06 am:
> On 09/27/2022 03:13 AM, Daniel65 wrote:
>> MrPosti...@kymhorsell.com wrote on 27/9/22 9:04 am:
>>> The DART is closing in on Didymos with the probe's camera now
>>> showing a tiny dot orbiting near the larger Dimorphos
>>> as it closes in about 11 mn km from earth.
>>> Impact is due in less than 10 mins with ground telescopes on earth
>>> also watching the action.
>>> The impact will be followed live in Australua on ABC morning news
>>> in between a story of a major hack attack on one of the country's
>>> major telecom providers and a list of sporting results.
>>
>> Been lots of attention paid to this 'experiment' but I can't recall
>> ever actually hearing where this twin Asteroid is situated!
>>
>> Anyone?? .... with more detail than 'Out there, please!!)
>
> I went to Google, then Images,
> and entered
> Didymos and Dimorphos
>
> One pretty decent graphic is at:
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11249767/What-time-NASA-Dart-mission-today.html >
>
> It shows both Didymos and Dimorphos orbiting the sun in an eliptical
> orbit that varies from slightly outside the earth to quite a bit further
> out.

Ah!! O.K., thank you.

I had sort of expected it might have been in the Asteroid Belt, out past
Mars, but this is relatively close!!

Again, Thanks!

> I also see
> Didymos I Dimorphos is a minor-planet moon of the near-Earth asteroid
> 65803 Didymos, with which it shares a binary system. It has a diameter
> of 170 metres. Wikipedia
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimorphos
>
> "The primary body of the binary system, Didymos, orbits the Sun at a
> distance of 1.0–2.3 AU once every 770 days (2 years and 1 month). The
> pathway of the orbit has an eccentricity of 0.38 and an inclination of
> 3° with respect to the ecliptic. On 4 October 2022 Didymos will make an
> Earth approach of 10.6 million km (6.6 million mi).[9]"--
Daniel

a425couple

Sep 28, 2022, 11:14:47 AM9/28/22
You are very welcome.
And I thank you for letting me know my typing got read.

Daniel65

Sep 29, 2022, 6:26:08 AM9/29/22
a425couple wrote on 29/9/22 1:14 am:
I'm sure EVERYTHING here gets read ..... but not necessarily responded
to!! ;-)
--
Daniel

Mark Earnest

Sep 29, 2022, 2:14:05 PM9/29/22
We will sort out the mathematics of the assaulted asteroid. Give us a few days.

Daniel65

Sep 30, 2022, 6:51:58 AM9/30/22
Mark Earnest wrote on 30/9/22 4:14 am:
> We will sort out the mathematics of the assaulted asteroid. Give us
> a few days.

Yeah!! What are the chances that this little experiment have sealed our
*DOOM* with-in the next twenty years or so!!

I will not be much interested in things after that!! ;-P
--
Daniel

palsing

Sep 30, 2022, 11:55:01 AM9/30/22
The chances are zero, that is precisely why this object was chosen in the first place!