Vindicating the Jews

1 view

Ilya Shambat

Sep 15, 2022, 7:04:13 PM9/15/22
We have many people going on about how Jews killed Jesus; but most of the nations that say such things have greater and more recent atrocities in their history. I refuse to be blamed for the sins of Herod or Caiaphas. If I knew Jesus in person, I would not have tried to get Him crucified; I would have followed Him, and I am making the same choice now.

The people who condemn the Jews have much greater and much more recent atrocities in their history. Jesus resurrected after three days; the 100 million Native Americans who were killed by Spanish and English colonists did not. If the sins of the fathers are visited on the sons, then the descendants of these colonists – contemporary Americans, Europeans and Latin Americans – should be made to constantly suffer; yet I do not wish that even on them. These people rightfully condemn those who keep attacking white people now living for ancient crimes such as slavery and colonialism. They need to lead in this by example and also stop attacking the Jews.

Or there is the talk that Jews are in control. If Jews were in control and if Jews were evil, then people who say such things would be facing a firing squad. They are not.

The Jews are accused of being greedy. I consider it funny when people who think that “money talks bullshit walks” and that anyone who is not wealthy is a loser say this about Jews or anyone else. Many Jews go into ill-paying fields such as science and journalism in order to do meaningful things for the civilization. The “money talks bullshit walks” crowd considers these people to be losers, even as they vastly benefit from their efforts. If you are a liberal and not making much money as a scientist or a journalist you are a loser; if you are a liberal and making money as a businessman you are a hypocrite. With some people you just can't win.

So the conservatives defund the academia, and – surprise surprise – we see brainy idealists go into private sector and create entities such as the computer industry. Some of them get quite good at what they do. So now it is no longer “money talks bullshit walks.” It is the Jews. In fact the people in the computer industry contribute vastly to American prosperity, and their contributions are legitimate in every way.

We see many such claims. You want your own to have a monopoly over winning qualities. When anyone else has winning qualities he is not a winner; he is dangerous. So Hurricane Carter was seen as a dangerous person since childhood, because he was a black man who was not a loser and refused to be treated like one. Why was he dangerous? Because he was a refutation, by counterexample, to the in-group's claims that they owned winning qualities and that black people were losers.

If a woman has emotional intelligence she is manipulative or sociopathic; if a businessman does, he is competent. If Reagan is in power he is a great man; if Obama is in power he is a sociopath. If you build your structure on abuse against whole groups of people, then people who have winning qualities in those groups would be considered dangerous. They will be considered dangerous for two reasons. One is that they may have what it takes to improve their lot and that of their own. And the other is that they are refutation, by counterexample, of the in-group's claim that they own winning qualities. So that, if you think that you and yours own prosperity, for Jews, or liberals, or anyone else, to become prosperous would be very dangerous to you indeed.

In fact these people completely deserve their prosperity. They made good in a hostile climate. And in many ways that makes them heroes.

The Jews are also seen as a destructive influence; but they have contributed vastly, and far out of their population, to the civilization. The number of Nobel Prizes won by Jews is comparable to that of England and Germany combined. They are also accused of being unethical. Don't tell that to Yitzhak Rabin. And many Jews take poorly paying roles such as scientists that benefit America hugely out of proportion to the amount of money they make themselves.

Then there is the claim that Holocaust is a hoax perpetrated by Jewish media. The media in the Soviet Union was not Jewish, but it carried extensive descriptions of the Holocaust, as well as of the Nazi invasion into the Soviet Union that cost 20 million lives. It is appropriate that people who get inspiration from Hitler would be using a big-lie technique. However that discredits not only them, but also everyone who supports them, many of whom I have found to be people of integrity.

In 1930s, when most Jews were liberal pacifists, they were accused of being cowards. Now they – as the Israelis - are being accused of being brutes. The reason is not moral corruption in the Jews. The reason is a historical lesson having been learned too well. Their ancestors worked hard for betterment of other countries only to wind up in gas chambers. So they decided that they needed a country of their own, and that nobody could destroy it. They have gone too far, and their over-reliance on the military gives the Jews a bad name and endangers Jews living elsewhere. Similarly the Europeans learned their lesson too well. They had their continent run over by homicidal maniacs; so they decided that war and nationalism are evil and became pacifistic, to the point of accommodating regimes that should not be accommodated. Some people accuse Jews of being cowards and brutes in the same sentence. Most of them have both cowardice and brutality in their own history, and I am tired of seeing Jews slandered in these and other ways by people whose sins in both directions have been far greater.

As for the claim that the Jews are taking over, the question to ask is, Which Jews? There was a Jew named Karl Marx who invented Communism. There was a Jew named Ayn Rand who dedicated her life to fighting Communism. There was a Jew named King David who wrote the Psalms. There was a Jew named Alvie Hoffman who militated against the Judeo-Christian heritage. There is a Jew named Sam Vaknin who made a name for himself by advancing the “narcissistic personality disorder,” and there is a Jew named Ilya Shambat who says that, according to the definition of that disorder, the world – and America especially - owes vastly to people who have it.

And then there is the claim that the Jews think that they are special. First, if you are the chosen people of God, that would in fact make you special. Secondly, who on earth does not think that? Americans think that they are the greatest. The French and the Germans are known for their arrogance. The Tsarist Russians thought that they were the Third Rome, and the Soviets used to think that they represented the interests of the working people of the world.

Pride can be evil when it leads people to do such things as what the Spanish colonists did and destroy three of the world's greatest civilizations – the Incas, the Moores and the Aztecs - without contributing much of anything to the world at the time besides the Grand Inquisitor, although they improved later with Gaudi, Goya and Picasso.

Pride can be a good thing if it motivates people to contribute constructively and think boldly, as do many among both Americans and Jews. Probably the humblest populations are the Chinese and the Hindu, neither of which engaged in large-scale colonialism even though they were in the position to do so. However the arrogance of the Jews and the Americans has been much less destructive than that of the Spanish and far more constructive than that of the Spanish. So we have one group of arrogant people attacking another group of arrogant people. What else is new?

As for many Jews refusing to accept Jesus, I know quite well a Jewish Christian pastor named Lon Solomon, who has been leading a successful Christian outreach effort to the Jews living in DC. And then of course there is also Jews for Jesus. As for myself, I am amazed at the wisdom of Jesus and Paul. I would never crucify Jesus. I see Him as my superior in every way, which a person who thinks that only he or his own population is special would not.

Now I am beginning to understand this from the other side as well. Any number of these people have in fact worked hard to build and protect America, and they do not want influences that they do not believe they can trust or that they believe to be unpatriotic. That is completely valid point. However many American Jews are highly patriotic to America. If they are doing well, it is because in a place that does not discriminate against them the people who are willing to work hard and seek education will get ahead, and these people practice American values to a far greater extent than do people who make slanders about them. And America also owes a lot to blacks, Chinese, Hindus and many others.

Where would America be without Michael Jordan, Eddie Murphy or Colin Powell? Where would America be without Albert Einstein or Stephen Spielberg? Where would America be without the Chinese who built its railroads, the blacks who staffed its plantations or the Hindus who dominate the computer industry? All of these people have contributed significantly to America, and it is important that they get credit that they deserve. So that while it is rightful to correct influences that are blatantly unpatriotic, it is completely wrong to see Jews or these others as a hostile or a destructive force.

We also see people saying that immigrants should assimilate. I see the room for both those who do and those who do not. My parents assimilated, and they have lived decent, comfortable lives. I did my own thing. My life has been less comfortable, but I have contributed in a number of meaningful ways. Granted that not much of anything is owed to Muslim thugs who come into the ghetto and go around gang-raping women and teaching men there to be even worse to women than they have been before. But much is owed to the Chinese, the Hindus, the blacks, the Jews and many others.

I have long since moved away from the strident anti-Americanism of my youth. But there are many people who contributed to America besides Texas conservatives, and it is important that this be correctly credited. It is not just their country. It is the country that owes to many people. And while I have learned to respect the Texas conservatives, I want to see them be mindful of such things as well.

As for Russia and America, they have the possibility for a wonderful symbiotic relationship. At the conclusion of the Cold War there was great hope, and some of it has materialized. America has been teaching Russians a better way to do business and politics, and Russia has improved greatly in recent years. Russia has been giving America excellent cultural products, and I have seen Russian names under Nobel Prizes won by people working in America. I have heard a member of the Reagan administration say that Russians stand to teach Americans a better way to do family, and I also see the Russians – especially Russian women – as being an excellent influence on American culture. These women are smart, strong, beautiful and kind. They stand to give American women what they have been missing, while showing by their example how wrong the Third Wave feminists have been to claim incompatibility among such things.

The Russians are not just the evil Soviet Communists or the mafia-influenced crooks with which American businessmen frequently deal. There are many Russians who are smart, hard-working and ethical people. The best things in the country are not always the most visible ones; and the best of Russia is found not in its crooks or its former bureaucrats but in its engineers, doctors, teachers and scientists.

From "My Autobiography"
https://www.amazon.com/My-Autobiography-Ilya-Shambat/dp/1800742770