Which other astrological boards/forums do you use?

A B

Jun 21, 2014, 11:10:02 AM6/21/14
Hello everyone,
My ISP is going to stop providing Usenet access in August. I haven't been
using this group very much, simply because I've been busy with other things
and haven't been doing very much astrology. But when I do get back into
doing astrology, are there any other astrological forums or message boards
that I might see any of you on?
Thanks,
--
A. B.
><>
My e-mail address is zen177395 at zendotcodotuk, though I don't check that
account very often.
Post unto others as you would have them post unto you.

Kjell Pettersson

Jul 3, 2014, 1:40:03 PM7/3/14
Our newsgroup is accessible via Google Groups as well, and you can post to alt.astrology.moderated if you have an account with Google.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/alt.astrology.moderated

LinkedIn has several forums for people interested in astrology. You can find those I am a member of at this link: se.linkedin.com/in/kjellpettersson/

I recommend in particular OPA, Organization for Professional Astrology, though I believe it is open only to professional astrologers so if I remember that right one would need to qualify to be a member. LI itself probably has a real name-policy, but they seem to be lax with it.

Though not exactly a forum, and I am also not exactly myself that active there now, there is also quite a lot of astrological activity on Twitter. I follow primarily astrologers and people with a high quota of related content, so if that is also of interest you could check out those I follow:

https://twitter.com/kjellpettersson

(It is possible there is a direct link to a tab with only those I follow, but I cannot find it.)

Also not a forum, but still with some interesting content relating to astrology, is Quora (quora.com). Cave canem, though, as there are a lot of quite hostile skeptics there. The site has a strict real name-policy.

Google Plus and Facebook also have groups of various kinds, too many to list here. I cannot right now find a way to list those I am a member but should there be interest contact me on the sites in question and I'll respond. (All my social media presences are available via my homepage, kjellpettersson.com.) Both G+ and FB claim to have real name-policies, but they are not that strict with them it seems.

/K

A B

Jul 8, 2014, 9:30:03 PM7/8/14
Death to Google! ;-)
That apart, though, thanks and I'll bear those in mind. Anyone else like to
comment?

Kara M'bola

Jul 13, 2014, 4:00:03 PM7/13/14
2014-06-21, A B wrote:
> My ISP is going to stop providing Usenet access in August.

Happened to me too. If you're happy with Usenet, there are free
providers out there. I've been very happy with eternal-september.org,
for example.

--
:q!

Todd Carnes

Dec 14, 2014, 10:00:05 PM12/14/14
On Thursday, July 3, 2014 10:40:03 AM UTC-7, Kjell Pettersson wrote:

> LinkedIn has several forums for people interested in astrology. You can find those I am a member of at this link: se.linkedin.com/in/kjellpettersson/

Unless you are a professional astrologer, I'd be cautious about posting to an astrology group on LinkedIn - especially if you use LinkedIn for it's intended purpose of job hunting/networking. Some employers might hold your participation in such groups against you.

(If you think potential employers don't google you, you are sadly mistaken.)

Todd