JFK's press conferences

donald willis

Apr 2, 2021, 11:07:19 AM4/2/21

Have recordings of JFK's press conferences been collected and made
available anywhere? We enjoyed watching them was it weekly or monthly.

John Corbett

Apr 2, 2021, 3:47:31 PM4/2/21
On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 11:07:19 AM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:
> Have recordings of JFK's press conferences been collected and made
> available anywhere? We enjoyed watching them was it weekly or monthly.

DVP has many of them. I'd bet the JFK Library has them although I don't
know if they can be accessed online. YouTube would be a good source too.

Steve M. Galbraith

Apr 2, 2021, 3:48:09 PM4/2/21
On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 11:07:19 AM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:
> Have recordings of JFK's press conferences been collected and made
> available anywhere? We enjoyed watching them was it weekly or monthly.
Check the JFK library website: https://www.jfklibrary.org/

I think they have audio and text of all of them:
https://www.jfklibrary.org/archives/other-resources/john-f-kennedy-press-conferences

donald willis

Apr 3, 2021, 10:12:13 AM4/3/21
Thanks much!

donald willis

Apr 3, 2021, 10:12:17 AM4/3/21
And thank you, Steve.

David Von Pein

Apr 3, 2021, 3:16:52 PM4/3/21

Steve M. Galbraith

Apr 3, 2021, 3:16:55 PM4/3/21
It's interesting that in all of his press conferences here in the US that
JFK would start off with three or four introductory announcements or
points. Sort of feeding the press. Or trying to.

I believe it was Clinton's adviser Dick Morris (whatever happened to him?)
who said that if you don't feed the media they'll find something to eat.
So the Clinton approach was to try and make some semi-major announcement
of some type, an initiative, a conference, a proposed piece of
legislation, to feed the news cycle. I wonder if Morris got that from JFK?