Duke Lane on Richard Randolph Carr

32 views
Skip to first unread message

Dave Reitzes

unread,
Dec 30, 2008, 9:15:42 AM12/30/08
to

Bud

unread,
Dec 30, 2008, 11:23:48 PM12/30/08
to
On Dec 30, 9:15 am, Dave Reitzes <dreit...@aol.com> wrote:
> http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13705&st=0

Thanks for that link, Dave, I enjoyed reading that thread. Duke
Lane (anyone know if he is CT or LN?) has done a fine job of
researching Carr`s claims, and presenting the available information.

Something interesting regarding Carr is his claim in his Shaw
trial testimony that he was one of a handful of survivors from the
Fifth Ranger Battalion at Anzio. Problem with that being they weren`t
at Anzio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5th_Ranger_Battalion_(United_States)

Greg Jaynes

unread,
Jan 1, 2009, 7:27:32 PM1/1/09
to

I would say Mr. Lane has a good point.
You could see the part of the building he described
from the snipers nest. Therefore, you could see the snipers
nest from the building.

http://jfklancer.com/photos/WindowViews/fromwin.jpg

But what about ground level?

Respectfully,
Greg Jaynes

Bud

unread,
Jan 1, 2009, 11:19:57 PM1/1/09
to
On Jan 1, 7:27 pm, Greg Jaynes <jay...@mail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 30 2008, 8:15 am, Dave Reitzes <dreit...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13705&st=0
>
> I would say Mr. Lane has a good point.
> You could see the part of the building he described
> from the snipers nest. Therefore, you could see the snipers
> nest from the building.

I don`t think that is true. Carr said he was on the fifth floor (Shaw
trial), and that portion of the New County Courthouse is probably the 10th
floor on up. Carr would have been on the fatter, base portion of the
building, not the narrower upper portion that photo shows. The view from
the fifth floor would be blocked by the Old Red Brick courthouse...

http://www.texasescapes.com/DallasTexas/Dallas-County-Courthouse-Dallas-Texas.htm

A couple good shots from postcards can be found here...

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txpstcrd/courthouses/DallasCoOld_NewCHDallas.jpg

In any case, here is another view down Houston...

http://www.orwelltoday.com/jfkdp1.jpg

There is a yellow bus about as far down Houston as Carr was from the SN.
Does anyone think they could make out glasses from that distance (Duke
Lane put the distance at 850 feet from Carr`s location to the TSBD).

There are two problems for Carr as a witness, line of sight, and
distance. Three, if you count the inconsistencies in his accounts.

> Respectfully,
> Greg Jaynes


Greg Jaynes

unread,
Jan 2, 2009, 2:33:59 PM1/2/09
to
On Jan 1, 10:19 pm, Bud <sirsl...@fast.net> wrote:
> On Jan 1, 7:27 pm, Greg Jaynes <jay...@mail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 30 2008, 8:15 am, Dave Reitzes <dreit...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13705&st=0
>
> > I would say Mr. Lane has a good point.
> > You could see the part of the building he described
> > from the snipers nest. Therefore, you could see the snipers
> > nest from the building.
>
>   I don`t think that is true. Carr said he was on the fifth floor (Shaw
> trial), and that portion of the New County Courthouse is probably the 10th
> floor on up. Carr would have been on the fatter, base portion of the
> building, not the narrower upper portion that photo shows. The view from
> the fifth floor would be blocked by the Old Red Brick courthouse...
>
>      http://www.texasescapes.com/DallasTexas/Dallas-County-Courthouse-Dall...

>
>   A couple good shots from postcards can be found here...
>
>    http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txpstcrd/courthouses/DallasCoOld_Ne...

>
>   In any case, here is another view down Houston...
>
>      http://www.orwelltoday.com/jfkdp1.jpg
>
>   There is a yellow bus about as far down Houston as Carr was from the SN.
> Does anyone think they could make out glasses from that distance (Duke
> Lane put the distance at 850 feet from Carr`s location to the TSBD).
>
> >http://jfklancer.com/photos/WindowViews/fromwin.jpg
>
> > But what about ground level?
>
>   There are two problems for Carr as a witness, line of sight, and
> distance. Three, if you count the inconsistencies in his accounts.
>
>
>
> > Respectfully,
> > Greg Jaynes- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Nothing left to be said after that. Good post.
I was just referiing to the distinction Duke made about
the top of the George Allen Building.

Respectfuly,
Greg Jaynes


jfk...@gmail.com

unread,
Jan 2, 2009, 10:10:54 PM1/2/09
to

Once again Reitzes pulls material from another forum over to aaj for
discussion. Another indication that actual research occurs elsewhere?


Dave Reitzes

unread,
Jan 2, 2009, 11:50:13 PM1/2/09
to
> discussion. �


Is there something wrong with alerting members of this forum to items
of interest elsewhere?


>Another indication that actual research occurs elsewhere?


You're saying it doesn't?

Dave

http://www.jfk-online.com

Dave Reitzes

unread,
Jan 9, 2009, 12:33:16 AM1/9/09
to
On Dec 30 2008, 11:23�pm, Bud <sirsl...@fast.net> wrote:
> On Dec 30, 9:15 am, Dave Reitzes <dreit...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13705&st=0
>
> � �Thanks for that link, Dave, I enjoyed reading that thread.DukeLane(anyone know if he is CT or LN?) has done a fine job of

> researching Carr`s claims, and presenting the available information.
>
> � � Something interesting regarding Carr is his claim in his Shaw
> trial testimony that he was one of a handful of survivors from the
> Fifth Ranger Battalion at Anzio. Problem with that being they weren`t
> at Anzio.
>
> � �http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5th_Ranger_Battalion_(United_States)


More from Mr. Lane (Duke not Mark!) on Carr's background:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?s=94edbc952df603188cf7f1b4938937fd&showtopic=13910

Dave

Bud

unread,
Jan 10, 2009, 10:51:36 PM1/10/09
to
On Dec 30 2008, 11:23 pm, Bud <sirsl...@fast.net> wrote:
> Thanks for that link, Dave, I enjoyed reading that thread.DukeLane(anyone know if he is CT or LN?) has done a fine job of

> researching Carr`s claims, and presenting the available information.
>
> Something interesting regarding Carr is his claim in his Shaw
> trial testimony that he was one of a handful of survivors from the
> Fifth Ranger Battalion at Anzio. Problem with that being they weren`t
> at Anzio.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5th_Ranger_Battalion_(United_States)

I e-mailed Duke Lane, and informed him of the lies Richard Randolph
Carr told during his Shaw trial testimony concerning his military
service. He took the ball and ran with it...

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13910&st=0&p=161073&#entry161073

Dave Reitzes

unread,
Jan 11, 2009, 8:55:39 AM1/11/09
to
> � � �http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13910&st=0&p=16...


Very interesting. If you haven't read it, AMERICAN GROTESQUE describes
how some of the Shaw trial attendees reacted to Carr's testimony. It's
quite amusing.

Dave

Bud

unread,
Jan 11, 2009, 7:43:07 PM1/11/09
to

Haven`t read it, next time I get to the library I`ll look for it.

Another interesting thing Carr said in his testimony was that he
hunted with a 70mm rifle. I guess he was hunting dinosaur.

> Dave


Bud

unread,
Jan 11, 2009, 9:41:39 PM1/11/09
to

Also amusing is what appeared in Duke Lane`s recent post about Richard
Carr. A poster named J.Raymond Carro wrote "Some members of the McAdams
group are jealous. How come you don`t see researchers of Duke`s caliber on
their forum, they wonder." He then linked to this post. I haven`t seen
anyone wondering any such thing in this post, so I guess accuracy isn`t
his long suit. I tried to join the forum, but I got a message saying they
weren`t taking any new members. Which is probably better for them, because
I would only snipe at people like Carro there anyway.

In any case, a better question might be why wasn`t what Carr had to say
researched and scrutinized by all the conspiracy authors over the years
that used what he related in their books? There seems to be a tendency by
many CT to cling to information they like the sound of, without looking
too closely to it. Compare the beating Brennan takes to the kid gloves
they use on Carr.

And for those interested, I made a post making many of the points Duke
Lane made on the Education Forum on the nuthouse back in October. I was
spurred to look into Carr by the same comments on the Education Forum (by
someone who said they visited Dealy, and couldn`t see much from Carr`s
vantage) that I think piqued Lane`s interest.


http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/browse_frm/thread/9d2f286a75145a48/a655a17c7a0fb0a0?lnk=gst&q=kook+witness+richard+carr#a655a17c7a0fb0a0

Granted Lane`s work is much superior, and I could never find a photo
that contained the steelwork of the New County Courthouse in it online.

gon2dogs.com

unread,
Jan 12, 2009, 12:37:46 AM1/12/09
to
Bud, it appears you have insinuated several times here, that Duke Lanes
excellent research on Carr; is in some part credited to you or your
actions. Couple this with the fact that you would "only snipe at people
like Carro there anyway" and it is of great relief to many current members
of the Education Forum that they are not accepting new members at this
time.

For your perusal I have included a link which has a picture showing that
the 'scaffolding' that Carr said he was standing on and from which he
viewed the sixth floor window, is clearly visible. I hope this helps
somehow.

Link to picture: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13705&st=15&p=158663&#entry158663
(post #25)

Steve

Bud

unread,
Jan 12, 2009, 11:49:04 AM1/12/09
to
On Jan 12, 12:37 am, "gon2dogs.com" <stevemcdon...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Bud, it appears you have insinuated several times here, that Duke Lanes
> excellent research on Carr; is in some part credited to you or your
> actions.

No, I don`t take any credit for his "excellent research". I take
credit for pointing out to him an area that needed some "excellent
research".

> Couple this with the fact that you would "only snipe at people
> like Carro there anyway" and it is of great relief to many current members
> of the Education Forum that they are not accepting new members at this
> time.

Seems I`d have to spend too much time explaining to the other
posters what I said anyway.

> For your perusal I have included a link which has a picture showing that
> the 'scaffolding' that Carr said he was standing on and from which he
> viewed the sixth floor window, is clearly visible. I hope this helps
> somehow.

You need to be a member to use that feature.

In any case, here is a slew of problems about what you just said,
outlined in Duke`s article. From that distance, he could not have made
out the details he claims. He has no line of sight to the where the
car he saw the person get into was. Discrepancies in his accounts
changes his location. But I`m sure if you need him hanging on the
outside of the scaffolding with binoculars to pretend he is a viable
witness, thats what you will do.

> Link to picture:http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13705&st=15&p=1...
> (post #25)
>
> Steve


William Yates

unread,
Jan 12, 2009, 11:49:58 AM1/12/09
to

You have to be a registered member in order to see the picture.

Dave Reitzes

unread,
Jan 12, 2009, 12:01:19 PM1/12/09
to


I wasn't aware there was a competition underway. Should we start
softball teams? \:^)


> � �In any case, a better question might be why wasn`t what Carr had to say


> researched and scrutinized by all the conspiracy authors over the years
> that used what he related in their books? There seems to be a tendency by
> many CT to cling to information they like the sound of, without looking
> too closely to it. Compare the beating Brennan takes to the kid gloves
> they use on Carr.
>
> � And for those interested, I made a post making many of the points Duke
> Lane made on the Education Forum on the nuthouse back in October. I was
> spurred to look into Carr by the same comments on the Education Forum (by
> someone who said they visited Dealy, and couldn`t see much from Carr`s
> vantage) that I think piqued Lane`s interest.
>

> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/browse_frm/thread/9...
>
> � Granted Lane`s work is much superior, and I could never find a photo


> that contained the steelwork of the New County Courthouse in it online.


Dave

Bud

unread,
Jan 13, 2009, 12:00:35 AM1/13/09
to

Apparently there is a fierce rivalry.

> Should we start
> softball teams? \:^)

Anything but a speling bee.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages