JFK Assassination Shirt

Peter Martyn

Dec 17, 2017, 7:31:05 PM12/17/17
Hello everyone. Various authorities have said that the bullet hole in the
back of the JFK assassination shirt is some specified distance below the
collar and evidently the latest is that its fourteen centimeters. Does
anyone know what that means. Is that 14 cm below the base of the collar or
14 cm below the top of the collar? Is it 14 cm, somehow, when the shirt
is stretched out on the table, or is it 14 cm when the someone is wearing
the shirt? Can I verify it somehow for whatever it really means since I
don't know where to look it up? Would be much obliged and I might have
something to contribute if I find out a little bit more about it. Thank
you in advance,

Peter Martyn

Anthony Marsh

Dec 18, 2017, 7:55:19 PM12/18/17
I think Pat Speer summed it up pretty well:

"3. I don't think Kennedy wore his clothing up at his ears, and you
know it. As stated, the top of his collar approaches the mastoid process.
The hole was 14 cm below the top of the collar. The wound was measured at
14 cm below the mastoid. It all adds up, and supports the accuracy of the
face sheet, which shows a wound at T-1 equidistant from the mastoid and
shoulder tip, exactly as described at autopsy."

Pat, that is one of the more ridiculous things you have ever written,
and, from my viewpoint, you have written a lot of ridiculous things.

The mastoid process is nowhere near the top of the collar, and 14 cm.
down from the mastoid process is nowhere near 14 cm. down from the top of
the collar. Period.

Now go write one of your thousand word posts to baffle with BS all
the unenlightened lurkers. Isn't this the LN way?

In order to rebut my assertion the collar was near the level of the bottom
tip of the mastoid, Cliff posted a photo showing the collar an inch or two
below the mastoid. Well, he knew this wasn't the last photo taken before
Kennedy was shot in which the level of the collar was on display, Robert.
Here is a better example.

endoftheline2.jpg

As you can see, I use this image to demonstrate that even IF the jacket
sticks straight out from behind the mastoid, as claimed by some, that this
still leaves far too much material to lift the bullet entrance on the
clothing to the blue line, the level of entrance pushed by the Warren
Commission, McAdams, and Bugliosi, etc.

But if you don't like measuring from the clothing, you can measure from
the X-rays. The bullet hit the TOP of the T-1 vertebra and caused a
hairline fracture. As Michael Baden put it, the bullet grazed the tip of
T-1.

mainframetech

Dec 18, 2017, 10:10:30 PM12/18/17
This 'leaked' autopsy photo can help you figure out where the bullet
went in to JFK's upper back. Of course, there's some doubt as to these
photos:

http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/images/BE5_HI.jpg

Chris

deke

Dec 19, 2017, 9:55:29 PM12/19/17
Yes, there is some doubt about this photo. A large portion of the back of
the head is unusually dark, like it's been blacked out.

Jason Burke

Dec 20, 2017, 2:38:43 PM12/20/17
And, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the best the CTs have.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Peter Martyn

Mar 16, 2021, 7:11:29 PM3/16/21
>>>Hello again everyone and thanks for your attention. Now the latest is
that you can tell from a recent photograph that government reports about
the interval from the from bullet hole to the collar mean the distance
from the bullet hole to the TOP of the folded collar. The ruler that can
measure the repeating pattern of the stripes on the shirt is over at the
marryfarrell website
https://www.maryferrell.org/photos.html?set=NARA-JFKCLOTHES and the
photographic key to the government measurements is found at
https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/25403-newly-released-november-5-1993-photos
-of-jfks-suit-shirt-and-tie-from-112263/ retrieved arch 13, 2021 at about
2:50 PM EST.

A best guess is that maybe the FBI had measured the interval immediately
from the bullet hole to the top of the folded collar (THAT collar could
not be flattened out on an ironing board anyway) and that both the Clark
Panel and also the HSCA had probably measured from the level of the bullet
hole as known to the cloth at the midpoint in the back of the shirt?
Various photos at merryfarrell show the original bullet hole from before
the FBI cut some more of it out of it some more and the latest is over at
The Education Forum at
https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/25403-newly-released-november-5-1993-photos-of-jfks-suit-shirt-and-tie-from-112263/
retrieved March 13, 2021 at about 2:50 PM EST.

As far as I can tell both of the government measurements (14.0 CP and HSCA
and 14.7 cm FBI) would probably put the hole at the wrong vertebrae if you
translated either one of them from a commonplace dress shirt since you can
tell from the numerous photographs at the merryfarrell website that that
is a tailor made shirt with a high collar. Maybe some tailor who knows
about that exceptional kind of a shirt should make a duplicate and then
put it on someone to find out where that bullet hole lines up?

Any seconds?

Peter Martyn