How many witnesses saw the Rambler station wagon?

claviger

Feb 25, 2012, 11:10:59 AM2/25/12
Does anyone know how many witnesses mention a Rambler station wagon in
Dealey Plaza after shots were fired at the motorcade? IMS, Roger
Craig was not the only one.

Dave Reitzes

Feb 26, 2012, 9:07:53 PM2/26/12
There are two other witnesses who told the FBI about it almost
immediately:

http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_issues/17th_Issue/rambler_witness.html

Then there's Richard Randolph Carr, who told the FBI about it a few
months later:

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/C%20Disk/Carr%20Richard%20Randolph/Item%2002.pdf

Carr's testimony is often dismissed because by the time he came forward,
Roger Craig's claim had received a fair amount of publicity and because
his story become more elaborate by the time he testified at the Clay Shaw
trial:

http://www.jfk-online.com/carrshaw.html

Researcher Duke Lane has posted some commentary about him:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13705

Michael Kurtz claims to have interviewed another corroborating witness in
1974, one Helen (Mrs. James) Forrest. Kurtz says she told him that she saw
a man who looked exactly like Oswald run from the rear of the TSBD and get
in the Rambler: "If it wasn't Oswald, it was his identical twin." (Michael
L. Kurtz, CRIME OF THE CENTURY [Knoxville: University of Tennessee Press,
1993], p. 132.)

I have no idea whether Mrs. Forrest's story is credible, or if she was
even in Dealey Plaza.

Dave

claviger

Feb 27, 2012, 6:41:44 PM2/27/12
On Feb 26, 8:07 pm, Dave Reitzes <dreit...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Feb 25, 11:10 am, claviger <historiae.fi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how many witnesses mention a Rambler station wagon in
> > Dealey Plaza after shots were fired at the motorcade?  IMS, Roger
> > Craig was not the only one.
>
> There are two other witnesses who told the FBI about it almost
> immediately:
>
> http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_issues/17th_Issue/rambler_w...
>
> Then there's Richard Randolph Carr, who told the FBI about it a few
> months later:
>
> http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/C%2...
>
> Carr's testimony is often dismissed because by the time he came forward,
> Roger Craig's claim had received a fair amount of publicity and because
> his story become more elaborate by the time he testified at the Clay Shaw
> trial:
>
> http://www.jfk-online.com/carrshaw.html
>
> Researcher Duke Lane has posted some commentary about him:
>
> http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13705
>
> Michael Kurtz claims to have interviewed another corroborating witness in
> 1974, one Helen (Mrs. James) Forrest. Kurtz says she told him that she saw
> a man who looked exactly like Oswald run from the rear of the TSBD and get
> in the Rambler: "If it wasn't Oswald, it was his identical twin." (Michael
> L. Kurtz, CRIME OF THE CENTURY [Knoxville: University of Tennessee Press,
> 1993], p. 132.)
>
> I have no idea whether Mrs. Forrest's story is credible, or if she was
> even in Dealey Plaza.
>
> Dave

One thing we do know, it didn't belong to Ruth Paine. She owned a
Chevrolet.