the Altgens photo

Robert Harris

Jan 22, 2008, 6:16:48 PM1/22/08
The photograph taken by AP photographer, James Altgens at the
equivalent of Zapruder frame, 255, provides us with an excellent,
objective means to timestamp many critical witness recollections
related to the timing of the shots.

This works because a number of witnesses who are visible in the
photograph, described hearing two gunshots after events that we can
see, had not yet happened when the picture was taken. Here are some
examples.

1. SA Hickey said he was looking to his left when he heard the first of
three shots. He said he then turned to his right, partially stood up,
and looked directly to the rear. He taid he then turned back to the
front, just in time to hear two shots, one of them striking the
President.

But at Z255, we can see that Hickey is still turned, fully facing the
rear. He is yet to turn to look at the President and is yet to hear
those two shots.

2. SA Warren Taylor said he heard one shot, and shortly afterward,
stepped out of the car. He said just as his foot hit the pavement , he
heard two more shots.

But at Z255, we can easily see that although the door is wide open, he
has not yet taken that step. He has yet to do so and is yet to hear
those two shots.

3. Hwy Patrolman Milton Wright, the driver of the mayor's car said he
heard two shots after turning off of Houston onto Elm and then
traveling about 30 feet.

In the Altgens photo, the mayor's car, which is next in line after the
car Taylor was in, is nowhere to be seen. It has yet to make that turn,
and Wright is yet to hear those two shots.

4. SA Glen Bennett said he was looking at the crowd to his right when
he heard heard one shot, and then turned frontward to see the President
just in time to hear a gunshot, which he (mistakenly) believed struck
Kennedy's back. He said the fatal head shot then followed
"immediately".

But in blowups of the Altgens photo, we can see that Bennett is *still*
turned to his right as he said he was before those final shots, and as
we can see him in earlier photos. He will turn to the front later, and
then hear those two shots which he thought struck the President's back
and head.

Of course, these are only a few of the witnesses whom we can timestamp
through the photos and films. For example, every nonvictim in the
Presidential limousine said he turned to examine either the President
or Gov. Connally, and *then* heard multiple shots or in Jackie's case,
"terrible noises". In each case, we can see that those turns were not
carried out until the Z250's or later.

Combined with the overwhelming majority of witnesses all throughout DP
who said the final shots were bunched closely together, these witnesses
form a very solid consensus proving in a multitude of different ways,
that the final shots were bunched closely together.

And finally, we can pinpoint at least one of the final shots, in three
different ways.

1. Nobel prize winning physicist, Dr. Luis Alvarez's determination that
there was a loud noise that startled Abraham Zapruder at frame Z285
(Alvarez guessed that a siren may have been the cause).

2. Statements by Charles Brehm, corroborated by four witnesses standing
near him, that a shot was fired just as the President passed directly
in front of him and was just 15 feet away. This is *exactly*
where Kennedy was, relative to Brehm at Z285.

3. Beginning 1/3 of a second after Z285, every nonvictim in the
limousine either ducked, dropping his/her head by 30 or more degrees,
and/or spun rapidly around, all beginning in the same 1/6th of a
single second. The reactions were not only in perfect unison, but were
extremely rapid.

1.5 seconds later, a nearly perfect shot struck President Kennedy in
the back of the heard.

Tests by experts for both the HSCA and FBI determined that a minimum of
2.25 seconds was required to reload and aim the weapon.

Additional tests, employing expert riflemen from the Wash. DC police
force, firing through only the iron sights of the rifle, at larger
targets, 100 feet closer than Kennedy was at Z312, further confirmed
this point.

There was at least one other sniper at work that day. There was, with
no doubt whatsoever, a conspiracy to murder this President.

Bob Harris

--
Check out my website, The JFK Assassination Home Page
http://www.thuntek.net/jfk/

the FTP site is:
ftp://ftp.thuntek.net/pub/users/sub/reharris/

Raymond

Feb 20, 2008, 3:10:12 AM2/20/08
> Check out my website, The JFK Assassination Home Pagehttp://www.thuntek.net/jfk/

RE:There was at least one other sniper at work that day. There was,

with
no doubt whatsoever, a conspiracy to murder this President.

Bob Harris

Agreed ; There was, with no doubt whatsoever, a conspiracy to murder
this President. But, there was no other sniper at work that day.
There was no need for another shooter. One shooter did what was called
for and was successful. An easy shot. What was surprising is that it
took two shots to do the job. The physical evidence eliminates another
shooter.

By the way.... Is Jim Braden dead? David "Didi" S�nchez Morales is.

http://cuban-exile.com/doc_226-250/doc0244.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_S%C3%A1nchez_Morales
"Well, we took care of that SOB, didn't we?"

Robert Harris

Feb 20, 2008, 9:55:22 AM2/20/08
In article
<012e87ed-b92e-4f39...@p73g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>,
Raymond <Bluer...@aol.com> wrote:

> > where Kennedy was, relative to Brehm at Z285. ?
> >
> > ?3. Beginning 1/3 of a second after Z285, every nonvictim in the
> > ?limousine either ducked, dropping his/her head by 30 or more degrees,
> > ?and/or spun rapidly around, all beginning in the same 1/6th of a
> > ?single second. The reactions were not only in perfect unison, but were
> > ?extremely rapid.

> > 1.5 seconds later, a nearly perfect shot struck President Kennedy in
> > the back of the heard.
> >
> > Tests by experts for both the HSCA and FBI determined that a minimum of
> > 2.25 seconds was required to reload and aim the weapon.
> >
> > Additional tests, employing expert riflemen from the Wash. DC police
> > force, firing through only the iron sights of the rifle, at larger
> > targets, 100 feet closer than Kennedy was at Z312, further confirmed

> > this point. ?

> > There was at least one other sniper at work that day. There was, with
> > no doubt whatsoever, a conspiracy to murder this President.
> >
> > Bob Harris
> >
> > --
> > Check out my website, The JFK Assassination Home
> > Pagehttp://www.thuntek.net/jfk/
> >
> > the FTP site is:ftp://ftp.thuntek.net/pub/users/sub/reharris/
>
> RE:There was at least one other sniper at work that day. There was,
> with
> no doubt whatsoever, a conspiracy to murder this President.
>
> Bob Harris
>
> Agreed ; There was, with no doubt whatsoever, a conspiracy to murder
> this President. But, there was no other sniper at work that day.

Well, guess that settles that.

Maybe I will convert my website into a Counting Crows fansite.

> There was no need for another shooter. One shooter did what was called
> for and was successful. An easy shot. What was surprising is that it
> took two shots to do the job. The physical evidence eliminates another
> shooter.

Thanks for the correction!

Oh wait - you forgot to mention which physical evidence you were
referring to. Would you mind?

> By the way.... Is Jim Braden dead?

No idea. I think he's kept a pretty low profile, for obvious reasons:-)

Robert Harris

> David "Didi" S?nchez Morales is.

aeffects

Feb 20, 2008, 2:31:01 PM2/20/08

ahh, it was? Another LN well-wisher, sigh..... but it is nice to see a
new alias from time to time.....

What was surprising is that it
> took two shots to do the job. The physical evidence eliminates another
> shooter.
>
> By the way.... Is Jim Braden dead? David "Didi" S�nchez Morales is.
>

> http://cuban-exile.com/doc_226-250/doc0244.htmlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_S%C3%A1nchez_Morales

Walt

Feb 20, 2008, 9:41:59 PM2/20/08
On 22 Jan, 17:16, Robert Harris <reharr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The photograph taken by AP photographer, James Altgens at the
> equivalent of Zapruder frame, 255, provides us with an excellent,
> objective means to timestamp many critical witness recollections
> related to the timing of the shots.

Bob, I know that you're aware that there is a problem with stating
that James Altgens took that photo concurrent with frame 255 of the Z
film. DPD motorcycle officer, James Cheney is directly beside the
right hand side of the Lincoln in James Altgen's photo, but he is NOT
there at frame 255 of Zapruder's film. I believe the Altgen's photo
is proof that the Z film is not authentic..... You can believe what
ever you want, but you should at least deal with the FACTS.

> Check out my website, The JFK Assassination Home Pagehttp://www.thuntek.net/jfk/

Robert Harris

Feb 21, 2008, 2:58:30 PM2/21/08
In article
<60bdcc17-0884-4555...@q33g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
Walt <papakoc...@evertek.net> wrote:

> On 22 Jan, 17:16, Robert Harris <reharr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > The photograph taken by AP photographer, James Altgens at the
> > equivalent of Zapruder frame, 255, provides us with an excellent,
> > objective means to timestamp many critical witness recollections
> > related to the timing of the shots.
>
> Bob, I know that you're aware that there is a problem with stating
> that James Altgens took that photo concurrent with frame 255 of the Z
> film. DPD motorcycle officer, James Cheney is directly beside the
> right hand side of the Lincoln in James Altgen's photo, but he is NOT
> there at frame 255 of Zapruder's film. I believe the Altgen's photo
> is proof that the Z film is not authentic..... You can believe what
> ever you want, but you should at least deal with the FACTS.

Walt, I went though this years ago, and I once agreed with you.

But, I did some analysis on my CAD program, which proved that this was
an illusion. Chaney LOOKs like he is riding alongside the limo, but if
he was, and assuming he was in the center of the rightmost lane, the
front tire of his motorcycle would have been partially visible in the
Altgens photo.

He was actually, well behind the limo. I think what caused the illusion
that he is closer to Altgens is the wide angle lense he was using.

Robert Harris

Walt

Feb 22, 2008, 12:32:22 PM2/22/08
On 21 Feb, 13:58, Robert Harris <reharr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article
> <60bdcc17-0884-4555-b7b4-4401109e2...@q33g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,

>  Walt <papakochenb...@evertek.net> wrote:
> > On 22 Jan, 17:16, Robert Harris <reharr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > The photograph taken by AP photographer, James Altgens at the
> > > equivalent of Zapruder frame, 255, provides us with an excellent,
> > > objective means to timestamp many critical witness recollections
> > > related to the timing of the shots.
>
> > Bob, I know that you're aware that there is a problem with stating
> > that James Altgens took that photo concurrent with frame 255 of the Z
> > film.  DPD motorcycle officer, James Cheney is directly beside the
> > right hand side of the Lincoln in James Altgen's photo, but he is NOT
> > there at frame 255 of Zapruder's film.    I believe the Altgen's photo
> > is proof that the Z film is not authentic.....  You can believe what
> > ever you want, but you should at least deal with the FACTS.
>
> Walt, I went though this years ago, and I once agreed with you.
>
> But, I did some analysis on my CAD program, which proved that this was
> an illusion. Chaney LOOKs like he is riding alongside the limo, but if
> he was, and assuming he was in the center of the rightmost lane, the
> front tire of his motorcycle would have been partially visible in the
> Altgens photo.
>
> He was actually, well behind the limo. I think what caused the illusion
> that he is closer to Altgens is the wide angle lense he was using.
>
> Robert Harris

Bob.. You're flat wrong. It's not at all difficult to determine the suns
angle in the photo. In an uncropped copy of the Altgens photo Charles
Brehm's clapping hands can be seen on the right hand side of the photo.
The shadow from his clapping hands can be seen on the surface of Elm
Street. It doesn't take a rocket sceintist or a CAD program to deternine
that the angle from the shadow to the clapping hands is about 53 degrees,
and about 8 degrees east of Brehm's figure. It's really simple to use
these facts to determine what object is casting the shadow that can be
seen on the surface of Elm street behind the right hand end of the
Lincoln's front bumper. That shadow is being cast by the windshield of
James Chaney's motorcycle. The FACT that the shadow is on the surface of
Elm street to the right of the Lincoln proves that Chaney was right there
beside the Lincoln at the time that Chaney snapped his camera's shutter.

But in reality it's not even necessary to check Chaney's position by using
elementary geometry...All that is necessay is to open your eyes and use
your head. If Chaney were behind the Lincoln as you believe you would not
be able to see the motorcyle headlight. I really don't know why you
refuse to accept facts... If you are truely seeking the truth then you
MUST accept irrefutable mathmetically verifiable facts. If you refuse to
accept the facts then you are no different than the liars who gave us the
single bullet THEORY.

Altgen's photo does NOT correspond to Z 255.

> > > the FTP site is:ftp://ftp.thuntek.net/pub/users/sub/reharris/- Hide quoted text -

YoHarvey

Feb 22, 2008, 12:40:24 PM2/22/08
On Feb 21, 2:58 pm, Robert Harris <reharr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article
> <60bdcc17-0884-4555-b7b4-4401109e2...@q33g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
>
> > > the FTP site is:ftp://ftp.thuntek.net/pub/users/sub/reharris/- Hide quoted text -

Gotta love Harris absurd theories.....and of course, up pops Holmes
with NO new info...with his pet dog Healey sniffing his ass as
always......some things never change lol.

Raymond

Feb 23, 2008, 12:52:06 AM2/23/08
On Feb 20, 9:41�pm, Walt <papakochenb...@evertek.net> wrote:
> On 22 Jan, 17:16, Robert Harris <reharr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > The photograph taken by AP photographer, James Altgens at the
> > equivalent of Zapruder frame, 255, provides us with an excellent,
> > objective means to timestamp many critical witness recollections
> > related to the timing of theshots.

The camera was not filming at 18.3 frames per second, and as the Bard
would say, " Herein lies the rub."

THE CAMERA WAS FILMING AT 16 FRAMES PER SECOND AS IT WAS
DESIGNED TO DO and this adds 15% to every calculation offered by the
Warren Wizards
.
The FBI also did some math and that is where the 18.3 FPS figure
was originally born:

They viewed the film on a PROJECTOR that was showing the film at
18.3 FPS. A camera and a projector do not always run at the same
speed
especially in 1963. Six projectors may give six different results

THUS 486 FRAMES DIVIDED BY THE 26.5 seonds it took to view = 18.339622
FRAMES PER SECOND.

FROM SA SHANEYFELT TESTIMONY;
MR. SPECTER: HOW WAS THE SPEED OF THE CAMERA ASCERTAINED?

WE OBTAINED FROM MR. ZAPRUDER, MR. NIX, MRS. MUNCHMORE THEIR CAMERAS
FOR EXAMINATION, AND IN THE FBI LABORATORY EXPOSED FILM IN ALL THREE
CAMERAS AIMING AND FOCUSING THE CAMERA ON A CLOCK WITH A LARGE SWEEP
SECOND HAND... READ VOL. 5, p. 159-160.

Since the Zapruder camera was filming at 16 fps, it would have taken
30.375 seconds to film 486 frames. The difference in time between 16
fps and 18.3 fps.=3.875 seconds or 14.6% to every calculation reached
by the
FBI and the WC.

The difference would have made the shots possible within the time
frame involved. At 18.3 fps only 1.8 seconds is involved , allegedly
too short of firing time for the shooter to reload and fire . At 16
fps it would have been easy shooting.

What is often not appreciated is that ANY lone-gunman shooting
scenario requires us to believe that one of the shots completely
missed the entire limousine. How could even an average marksman have
missed the whole limousine with any of his shots?

Most WC supporters now claim that the Carcano's firing time has been
reduced to 1.66 seconds per shot. Says Gerald Posner,

According to the Warren Commission, the fastest he [the alleged lone
assassin] could have fired all three shots was 4.5 seconds. However,
that minimum is now out of date. CBS reconstructed the shooting for a
1975 documentary. Eleven volunteer marksmen took turns firing clips of
three bullets at a moving target. None of them had dry runs with the
Carcano's bolt action, as Oswald had had almost daily while in New
Orleans. Yet the times ranged from 4.1 seconds, almost half a second
faster than what the Warren Commission thought was possible, to
slightly more than 6 seconds, with the average being 5.6 seconds, and
two out of three hits on the target. Based on its 1977 reconstruction
tests, the House Select Committee lowered the time between shots on
the Carcano to 1.66 seconds, with the shooter hitting all the targets.
(Posner, CASE CLOSED, p. 318)

And, at least the Commission admitted it was hard to believe the
alleged lone gunman could have missed the entire limousine with his
first and closest shot, and the Commission also noted that the first
shot was usually the most accurate. At Zapruder 160 the sixth-floor
gunman would have been firing at the limousine from a distance of less
than 140 feet, and from 60 feet up and with a target moving away from
the shooter. How could even a mediocre rifleman have possibly missed
the entire car from such a distance? One can imagine that the gunman
could have completely missed Kennedy: Perhaps he fired at Kennedy's
head and just missed the target by a fraction of an inch. But the
entire limousine? How?

Besides, were there really three shots fired from the TSBD ?

The physical and other evidence examined by the Commission compels
the
conclusion that at least two shots were fired. As discussed
previously, the nearly whole bullet discovered at Parkland Hospital
and the two larger fragments found in the Presidential automobile,
which were identified as coming from the assassination rifle, came
from at least two separate bullets and possibly from three.

The most convincing evidence relating to the number of shots was
provided by the presence on the sixth floor of three spent cartridges
which were demonstrated to have been fired by the same rifle that
fired the bullets which caused the wounds. It is possible that the
assassin carried AN EMPTY SHELL in the rifle and fired only two
shots,
with the witnesses hearing multiple noises made by the same shot.

Soon after the three empty cartridges were found, officials at the
scene decided that three shots were fired, and that conclusion was
widely circulated by the press. The eyewitness testimony may be
subconsciously colored by the extensive publicity given the
conclusion
that three shots were fired. Nevertheless, the preponderance of the
evidence, in particular the three spent cartridges, led the
Commission
to conclude that there were three shots fired.

Warren Comm Report pp 110-111

Many people know about this discrepency, but are not sufficiently
interested in the JFK coup to get involved. Those that like to argue,
without doing their own sincere research , always refer one to Ronald
Zavada, a well known name in the discussion. Don't waste your time
with Ron . You will get a lot of double talk I sure did. Ron bought
six
used cameras like Zapruder's and used "loop" testing. One camera
was defective and the results of the remaining camers were used to
create an average at the same 18.3 frames per second as the WC.
How odd that he could manage that with six used cameras and one
not working. Hmmmm !

I could also if I was paid enough...
.
Don't take my word . Do the research yourself. It will take
considerable
time but there is a great deal of evidence to prove that the camera
> [...]

> > �limousine either ducked, dropping his/her head by 30 or more degrees,
> > �and/or spun rapidly around, all beginning in the same 1/6th of a
> > �single second. The reactions were not only in perfect unison, but were
> > �extremely rapid.
>

> > 1.5secondslater, a nearly perfect shot struck President Kennedy in

> > the back of the heard.
>
> > Tests by experts for both the HSCA and FBI determined that a minimum of

> > 2.25secondswas required to reload and aim the weapon.

> > Additional tests, employing expert riflemen from the Wash. DC police
> > force, firing through only the iron sights of the rifle, at larger
> > targets, 100 feet closer than Kennedy was at Z312, further confirmed
> > this point. �
>
> > There was at least one other sniper at work that day. There was, with
> > no doubt whatsoever, a conspiracy to murder this President.

Walt

Feb 23, 2008, 7:38:03 AM2/23/08
On 22 Feb, 23:52, Raymond <Bluerhy...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 9:41�pm, Walt <papakochenb...@evertek.net> wrote:
>
> > On 22 Jan, 17:16, Robert Harris <reharr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > The photograph taken by AP photographer, James Altgens at the
> > > equivalent of Zapruder frame, 255, provides us with an excellent,
> > > objective means to timestamp many critical witness recollections
> > > related to the timing of theshots.
>
> The camera was not filming at 18.3 frames per second, and as the Bard
> would say, " Herein lies the rub."

Even if Zapruder's camera were running at 18.3 fps if the film has ben
altered then it cannot be used to verify the chronology of events seen
in the film. I've refrained from using the Z film to verify the
chronology because I believe it's worthless as way of proving what
happened when. I'm absolutely sure that the Lincoln did NOT maintain
a steady speed from the corner of Houston and Elm streets to the
stairs leading to the pergola on the north side of Elm street. Many
years ago, I plotted the position of the car on Elm street using many
photos to determine where it was at a given time. There's no doubt
that the car slowed and may have come to a complete stop when it was
directly in front of The Newman family who werestanding on the north
curb of Elm street.

> read more »- Hide quoted text -

Raymond

Feb 23, 2008, 3:07:50 PM2/23/08
On Feb 23, 7:38 am, Walt <papakochenb...@evertek.net> wrote:
> On 22 Feb, 23:52, Raymond <Bluerhy...@aol.com> wrote:

> > The camera was not filming at 18.3 frames per second, and as the Bard
> > would say, " Herein lies the rub."
>
> Even if Zapruder's camera were running at 18.3 fps if the film has ben
> altered then it cannot be used to verify the chronology of events seen
> in the film.   I've refrained from using the Z film to verify the
> chronology because I believe it's worthless as way of proving what
> happened when.  I'm absolutely sure that the Lincoln did NOT maintain
> a steady speed from the corner of Houston and Elm streets to the
> stairs leading to the pergola on the north side of Elm street. Many
> years ago, I plotted the position of the car on Elm street using many
> photos to determine where it was at a given time.   There's no doubt
> that the car slowed and may have come to a complete stop when it was
> directly in front of The Newman family who were standing on the north
> curb of Elm street.

The Zapruder is an authentic and reliable observation of what really
happened. However: The Limo did slow down and almost come to a
complete stop. There is no argument about that fact.

Example of testimony:

DPD James Chaney (one of the four Presidential motorcyclists)---stated
that the Presidential limousine stopped momentarily after the first
shot (according to the testimony of Mark Lane; corroborated by the
testimony of fellow DPD motorycle officer Marion Baker: Chaney told
him that "…at the time, after the shooting, from the time the first
shot rang out, the car stopped completely, pulled to the left and
stopped…Now I have heard several of them say that, Mr. Truly was
standing out there, he said it stopped. Several officers said it
stopped completely." [2 H 44-45 (Lane)---refering to Chaney's
statement as reported in the Houston Chronicle dated 11/24/63; 3 H 266
(Baker)];

More witnesses:
SEE
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/59wit.htm

In fact, the slowing of the limo and the hitting of the brakes was a
natural human reaction of the driver, Wm. Geer, to hearing the first
shot and was responsible for the backward head snap motion of the
president at the time of the head shot. If you ,or anyone else, has a
passenger in your car and you suddenly hit the brakes and then hit the
gas, the natural movement of the passenger is backward..

Secret Service Agent Sam Kinney (driver of the follow-up car behind
JFK's limo)---indicates, via his report to Chief Rowley, that Greer
hit the gas after the fatal head shot to JFK and after the President's
slump to the left toward Jackie. [18 H 731-732]. From the HSCA's
2/26/78 interview of Kinney: "He also remarked that 'when Greer (the
driver of the Presidential limousine) looked back, his foot must have
come off the accelerator'…Kinney observed that at the time of the
first shot, the speed of the motorcade was '3 to 5 miles an
hour.'" [RIF#180-10078-10493; author's interviews with Kinney,
1992-1994];

Phil Willis---"…The [Presidential] party had come to a temporary halt
before proceeding on to the underpass." [7 H 497; Crossfire by Jim
Marrs (1989), p. 24];

27) Mrs. Phil (Marilyn) Willis---after the fatal head shot, "she
stated the Presidential limousine paused momentarily and then sped
away under the Triple Underpass." [FBI report dated 6/19/64;
Photographic Whitewash by Harold Weisberg (1967), p. 179];

AP photographer James Altgens---"He said the President's car was
proceeding at about ten miles per hour at the time [of the shooting]…
Altgens stated the driver of the Presidential limousine apparently
realized what had happened and speeded up toward the Stemmons
Expressway." [FBI report dated 6/5/64; Photographic Whitewash by
Harold Weisberg (1967), p. 203] "The car's driver realized what had
happened and almost if by reflex speeded up toward the Stemmons
Expressway." [AP dispatch, 11/22/63; Cover-Up by Stewart Galanor
(1998), Document 28];

33) Alan Smith---"…the car was ten feet from me when a bullet hit the
President in the forehead…the car went about five feet and
stopped." [Chicago Tribune, 11/23/63, p. 9; Murder From Within by Fred
Newcomb & Perry Adams (1974), p. 71];

34) Mrs. Ruth M. Smith---confirmed that the Presidential limousine had
come to a stop. [CD 206, p. 9; Murder From Within by Fred Newcomb &
Perry Adams (1974), p. 97];

35) TSBD Supervisor Roy Truly---after the first shot "…I saw the
President's car swerve to the left and stop somewheres down in the
area…[it stopped] for a second or two or something like that…I just
saw it stop." [3 H 221, 266];

------------------

Walt

Feb 23, 2008, 4:58:12 PM2/23/08
On 21 Feb, 13:58, Robert Harris <reharr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article
> <60bdcc17-0884-4555-b7b4-4401109e2...@q33g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  Walt <papakochenb...@evertek.net> wrote:
> > On 22 Jan, 17:16, Robert Harris <reharr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > The photograph taken by AP photographer, James Altgens at the
> > > equivalent of Zapruder frame, 255, provides us with an excellent,
> > > objective means to timestamp many critical witness recollections
> > > related to the timing of the shots.
>
> > Bob, I know that you're aware that there is a problem with stating
> > that James Altgens took that photo concurrent with frame 255 of the Z
> > film.  DPD motorcycle officer, James Cheney is directly beside the
> > right hand side of the Lincoln in James Altgen's photo, but he is NOT
> > there at frame 255 of Zapruder's film.    I believe the Altgen's photo
> > is proof that the Z film is not authentic.....  You can believe what
> > ever you want, but you should at least deal with the FACTS.
>
> Walt, I went though this years ago, and I once agreed with you.
>
> But, I did some analysis on my CAD program, which proved that this was
> an illusion. Chaney LOOKs like he is riding alongside the limo, but if
> he was, and assuming he was in the center of the rightmost lane, the
> front tire of his motorcycle would have been partially visible in the
> Altgens photo.
>
> He was actually, well behind the limo. I think what caused the illusion
> that he is closer to Altgens is the wide angle lense he was using.

He was actually, well behind the limo. I think what caused the
illusion that he is closer to Altgens is the wide angle lense he was
using.

I'm no shutterbug but this statement seems backward to me.... Doesn't
a TELEPHOTO lense cause the distortion that you're attributing to a
wide angle lense??

> > > the FTP site is:ftp://ftp.thuntek.net/pub/users/sub/reharris/- Hide quoted text -

Anthony Marsh

Apr 5, 2008, 6:41:18 PM4/5/08

Your method of analysis by spinning witness statements to fit your
theory is crap.

> 1.5 seconds later, a nearly perfect shot struck President Kennedy in
> the back of the heard.
>
> Tests by experts for both the HSCA and FBI determined that a minimum of
> 2.25 seconds was required to reload and aim the weapon.

Tests by the HSCA and others show that a Mannlicher-Carcano can be fired
twice within 1.66 seconds.