Takashi Miike/Fudoh

Christopher Bush

Jan 7, 2004, 11:18:10 PM1/7/04
Hello. I am looking for info on the Fudoh soundtrack. Specifically, I want
to know what song is played in the strip club while Mika is doing her dart
thing. Any info appreciated. Thanks!

--
Christopher

YHWH

Jan 15, 2004, 10:50:14 PM1/15/04
"Christopher Bush" <cbp...@NOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message

I don't have any real info, but listening to it drives me nuts because it
sounds familiar. It seems to sample portions of a Prince track, "Come", but
the keyboard line suggests they used an alternate take found on bootlegs
rather than the album version which is very brassy and less techno sounding.

--
Edshugeo The GodMoor
http://edshugeo.com

"If I join the band, maybe I'll get some!" - The Trix rabbit

Christopher Bush

Jan 16, 2004, 8:55:37 AM1/16/04
"YHWH" <edsh...@optonlineHEYHEY.net> wrote in message

> "Christopher Bush" <cbp...@NOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
> > Hello. I am looking for info on the Fudoh soundtrack. Specifically, I
> want
> > to know what song is played in the strip club while Mika is doing her
dart
> > thing. Any info appreciated. Thanks!
> >

> I don't have any real info, but listening to it drives me nuts because it
> sounds familiar. It seems to sample portions of a Prince track, "Come",
but
> the keyboard line suggests they used an alternate take found on bootlegs
> rather than the album version which is very brassy and less techno
sounding.

Thanks. I recognized Prince's voice in there, but had no clue what song it
was from. Does Mr. Miike have an email address? :)

Christopher

Edshugeo

Feb 12, 2004, 7:47:18 PM2/12/04
"YHWH" <edsh...@optonlineHEYHEY.net> wrote in message news:<de68b19efec87651...@news.bubbanews.com>...
> "Christopher Bush" <cbp...@NOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
> > Hello. I am looking for info on the Fudoh soundtrack. Specifically, I
> want
> > to know what song is played in the strip club while Mika is doing her dart
> > thing. Any info appreciated. Thanks!
> >

> I don't have any real info, but listening to it drives me nuts because it
> sounds familiar. It seems to sample portions of a Prince track, "Come", but
> the keyboard line suggests they used an alternate take found on bootlegs
> rather than the album version which is very brassy and less techno sounding.

I was right about Prince, but wrong about the song. It's I Want to
Melt With U from the Symbol album (the symbol being the thing that
became his stage name for a while). The one in the movie seems to be a
re-mix of some sort. Whether it's official or created from samples of
the original I don't know. I was listening to the album on my way home
tonight when I heard that phrase; "yeah, do dat, baby" and some other
tell tale pieces.

Jordan Hendry

Nov 26, 2020, 12:43:45 AM11/26/20
I've been wondering the same thing for about 15 years since I first saw this movie, and when we finally Shazam'ed it, the Prince song I Want to Melt with U came up too. But when I searched that song and listened to it, it sounds nothing like it does in the scene. I can't find any other info and still want to find the version that plays in that scene. Why is it so hard??