Sisyphus/The Boy Who Cried Wolf

1 view

David Dalton

Dec 11, 2020, 1:51:49 AM12/11/20
As any readers on these groups probably know, I have been going
from one lunar phase to another, making predictions that never
come true.

I liken this to Sysyphus rolling the rock up the hill only to have it
roll down just before it reaches the top. The rock rolling up
the hill is like the moon waxing from new to full, and the rock
rolling down the hill is like the moon waning from full to new.

My story may also be similar to the folktale of The Boy Who
Cried Wolf, in Aesop’s Fables, where a boy keeps making
false reports of a wolf, so that after a while the villagers
ignore him, even though eventually the wolf does come.
The wolf (since it howls at the moon) I think can be
associated with full moon, whereas I associate Raven
with new (dark) moon, which is approaching.

Good night (3:21 a.m. here now),
DRD

--
David Dalton dal...@nfld.com http://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“And now the angry morning/Gives the early signs of warning/You must face

David Dalton

Jan 30, 2021, 1:55:18 AM1/30/21
On Dec 11, 2020, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.25834E8400...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> As any readers on these groups probably know, I have been going
> from one lunar phase to another, making predictions that never
> come true.
>
> I liken this to Sysyphus rolling the rock up the hill only to have it
> roll down just before it reaches the top. The rock rolling up
> the hill is like the moon waxing from new to full, and the rock
> rolling down the hill is like the moon waning from full to new.
>
> My story may also be similar to the folktale of The Boy Who
> Cried Wolf, in Aesop’s Fables, where a boy keeps making
> false reports of a wolf, so that after a while the villagers
> ignore him, even though eventually the wolf does come.
> The wolf (since it howls at the moon) I think can be
> associated with full moon, whereas I associate Raven
> with new (dark) moon, which is approaching.
>
> Good night (3:21 a.m. here now),
> DRD

And this past (and it is still very close to full tonight)
moon was the Wolf Moon according to
timeanddate.com . And maybe this time
the Wolf has come.