World Snake Day

0 views
Skip to first unread message

David Dalton

unread,
Jul 16, 2021, 4:49:27 PM7/16/21
to
On Jul 16, 2021, David Dalton wrote on alt.religion.druid
(in article<0001HW.26A1558D00...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> July 16 is World Snake Day and

And note that when people refer to St. Patrick driving
snakes out of Ireland that really means he drove
paganism out of Ireland, so World Snake Day
I think can mean World Pagan Day. :-)

> July 17 is World Day for International Criminal Justice
> (and D-moon, at my birth time, plus my birthday was on
> a 17th of a different month).

As I suspected, the assisted shaktipat completion and
the m.s.h.c.p. completion did not occur yet, and I
plan to work on them tonight after midnight leading
up to that D-moon, which is at 7:40 a.m. (3:10 a.m.
In Vancouver, or 1010 UTC), July 17, 2021.

I will report on them on the thread
“waxing salmon (of wisdom?)”
on alt.religion.druid , where there is
already some background.

D.

--
David Dalton dal...@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
https://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html Salmon on the Thorns (mystic page)
"This could be the final breath/This is life and death/
This is hard rock and water/Out here between wind and flame/
Between tears and elation/Lies a secret nation" (Ron Hynes)

ansaman

unread,
Jul 16, 2021, 5:41:48 PM7/16/21
to
On 7/16/2021 4:49 PM, David Dalton wrote:
> And note that when people refer to St. Patrick driving
> snakes out of Ireland that really means he drove
> paganism out of Ireland, so World Snake Day
> I think can mean World Pagan Day.:-)

There really ARE no snakes in Ireland unless
they are in cages.

--
**The AnsaMan**

In a recent self-evaluation:
"One of the greatest minds
produced since the invention
of the electric nose picker!"

David Dalton

unread,
Jul 16, 2021, 8:11:04 PM7/16/21
to
On Jul 16, 2021, ansaman wrote
(in article <scsuer$vrl$3...@dont-email.me>):

> On 7/16/2021 4:49 PM, David Dalton wrote:
> > And note that when people refer to St. Patrick driving
> > snakes out of Ireland that really means he drove
> > paganism out of Ireland, so World Snake Day
> > I think can mean World Pagan Day.:-)
>
> There really ARE no snakes in Ireland unless
> they are in cages.

Yes, but there never were any.

The same is true for Newfoundland.

ansaman

unread,
Jul 16, 2021, 8:29:21 PM7/16/21
to
On 7/16/2021 8:11 PM, David Dalton wrote:
> On Jul 16, 2021, ansaman wrote
> (in article <scsuer$vrl$3...@dont-email.me>):
>
>> On 7/16/2021 4:49 PM, David Dalton wrote:
>>> And note that when people refer to St. Patrick driving
>>> snakes out of Ireland that really means he drove
>>> paganism out of Ireland, so World Snake Day
>>> I think can mean World Pagan Day.:-)
>>
>> There really ARE no snakes in Ireland unless
>> they are in cages.
>
> Yes, but there never were any.
>
> The same is true for Newfoundland.

NEVER? I checked. You are right.
Not even in the fossil record.

David Dalton

unread,
Jul 16, 2021, 9:43:11 PM7/16/21
to
On Jul 16, 2021, ansaman wrote
(in article <sct890$s74$1...@dont-email.me>):

> On 7/16/2021 8:11 PM, David Dalton wrote:
> > On Jul 16, 2021, ansaman wrote
> > (in article <scsuer$vrl$3...@dont-email.me>):
> >
> > > On 7/16/2021 4:49 PM, David Dalton wrote:
> > > > And note that when people refer to St. Patrick driving
> > > > snakes out of Ireland that really means he drove
> > > > paganism out of Ireland, so World Snake Day
> > > > I think can mean World Pagan Day.:-)
> > >
> > > There really ARE no snakes in Ireland unless
> > > they are in cages.
> >
> > Yes, but there never were any.
> >
> > The same is true for Newfoundland.
>
> NEVER? I checked. You are right.
> Not even in the fossil record.

Ha, I wasn’t thinking that far back, and allowing
for continental drift, which I should have since
I am a geophysicist by training.

ansaman

unread,
Jul 16, 2021, 10:42:23 PM7/16/21
to
On 7/16/2021 9:43 PM, David Dalton wrote:
> On Jul 16, 2021, ansaman wrote
> (in article <sct890$s74$1...@dont-email.me>):
>
>> On 7/16/2021 8:11 PM, David Dalton wrote:
>>> On Jul 16, 2021, ansaman wrote
>>> (in article <scsuer$vrl$3...@dont-email.me>):
>>>
>>>> On 7/16/2021 4:49 PM, David Dalton wrote:
>>>>> And note that when people refer to St. Patrick driving
>>>>> snakes out of Ireland that really means he drove
>>>>> paganism out of Ireland, so World Snake Day
>>>>> I think can mean World Pagan Day.:-)
>>>>
>>>> There really ARE no snakes in Ireland unless
>>>> they are in cages.
>>>
>>> Yes, but there never were any.
>>>
>>> The same is true for Newfoundland.
>>
>> NEVER? I checked. You are right.
>> Not even in the fossil record.
>
> Ha, I wasn’t thinking that far back, and allowing
> for continental drift, which I should have since
> I am a geophysicist by training.
>

The sources involved said that Great and Ireland were
both scrubbed clean by glaciers which are very inhospitable
to reptiles. The seas rose, isolating Ireland before
any continental species could migrate. England had a land
bridge known as Doggerland which was partly existent in
historic times and is now submerged. England was repopulated
by several snake species.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages