Music! History! and verse in scattered, tattered parts...

Ash Wurthing

Jan 29, 2023, 10:15:11 PM1/29/23
Stars in azure encircled, stars in blue arranged in battle lines

"I wish to speak to you today about the tragedy of Europe...
over wide areas are a vast, quivering mass of tormented, hungry, careworn and bewildered human beings, who wait in the ruins of their cities and homes and scan the dark horizons for the approach of some new form of tyranny or terror. Among the victors there is a Babel of voices, among the vanquished the sullen silence of despair.
Indeed, but for the fact that the great republic across the Atlantic realised that the ruin or enslavement of Europe would involve her own fate as well, and stretched out hands of succour and guidance, the Dark Ages would have returned in all their cruelty and squalor. They may still return."
Winston Churchill, Zurich Sept 19, 1946

And I saw brothers fighting, not for honour but for gold
Enthralled by foreign agents like cattle we are sold
Oh goddess grant me an answer! Pray, make me understand!
Will the brothers fight forever? Can they be as one again?
The goddess speaks:
"My son. War is forever. He's the father of all men
But brothers once united will stand as one again"
~~ Atlantean Kodex - Twelve Stars and an Azure Gown (An Anthem for Europa)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA5X91UUv1o

"If Europe were once united in the sharing of its common inheritance, there would be no limit to the happiness, to the prosperity and glory which its three or four hundred million people would enjoy."
~~ Winston Churchill, speech delivered at the University of Zurich, 19 September 1946
https://www.cvce.eu/en/obj/address_given_by_winston_churchill_zurich_19_september_1946-en-7dc5a4cc-4453-4c2a-b130-b534b7d76ebd.html

The "great republic across the Atlantic", the American states have forgotten this and their own history of recovery from their own Civil War...

"We are situated differently in this respect from any other country. All the other great powers have a comparatively homogeneous population, close kindred in race and blood and speech, and commonly little divided in religious beliefs. Our great Nation is made up of the strong and virile pioneering stock of nearly all the countries of the world. We have a variety of race and language and religious belief."
~~ Calvin Coolidge, "Ways to Peace", speech at Arlington (31 May 1926)

Many different groups, all enthralled, enslaved to the pursuit of their American dream, too often at the detriment of the lives and liberties of the Commonwealth, just interested in their own.

There's parallels to be seen...
The Red and the Blue
inveighing what is false or what is true.
of The Left or The Right
simplistic scales of black and white-
to weigh who are wrong and who are right.
While this will be considered 'preachy'
by those in favor of their own reverie,
misfortune's memory makes it not so easy
to ignore those lost to the treachery

That we were created by our Gods
and favored as Their chosen
awarded the Earth as ours
and despite Their Commandments
They seem unable to protect us
from Their very own creations

Our nations so pusillanimous
declared to be the greatest,
with blind freedoms so magnanimous
None saved us from the madness
of lives needlessly cut short
being slaughtered like simple animals

It takes many to build, to mend
But only a few and a bit of hate
To unravel the unity that they must condemn
Their very own prophets foretold this fate
Even when hatred may appear united
They stand divisive, derisive and not immune
For what they sow is judgement blindly incited
Dragon's teeth that may as well be their own doom
The short sighted tyranny they impose
a vicious cycle reciprocated by their foes
What they build through repression
surely will crumble under the oppression
Those vainglory monuments to their victory
will fall into ruin to be mocked by history
~~AshWurthing