Quote of the Day.....George Dance

Edward Rochester Esq.

Jul 15, 2021, 10:00:02 AM7/15/21
"But enough about him; I have my own poem to talk about here."

(stolen)

Edward Rochester Esq.

Jul 15, 2021, 10:03:07 AM7/15/21
On Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 10:00:02 AM UTC-4, Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:
> "But enough about him; I have my own poem to talk about here."
>
> (stolen)

NancyGene
9:18 AM (1 hour ago)
We can hardly find the words to describe the cheating and plagiarism, theft and rip-off that George Dance has performed on Pink Floyd's ""The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" (1967) album lyrics. We cannot use strong enough words to condemn this, that he presented this poem as his creation, his phrases, his thoughts. We are truly astounded and appalled.

See below, with the lines that George Dance presented as his own, then what song it is from and the original lyrics as written by Syd Barrett and Pink Floyd. Lines in quotation marks are the Pink Floyd lyrics

----------

At the Gates of Dawn – from “The Piper at the Gates of Dawn”

Night prowls, scratches sand, & then pads on, - from “Lucifer Sam”
“At night prowling sifting sand.”

the gnomes are sleeping in their gnomish homes, - from “The Gnome”
“And little gnomes stay in their homes.”

when darkness is increased by 1, to 7 – from “Chapter 24”
“It forms when darkness is increased by one.” – This makes no sense out of the context of the song.

& from the icy waters underground – from “Astronomy Domine”
“Around the ice waters underground”

a scarlet eagle rises, shining gold – from “Matilda Mother”
“With silver eyes the scarlet eagle”

on all. Floating down, the light resounds – from “Astronomy Domine”
“Floating down, the sound resounds”

blindingly – flap flicker flicker / Blam pow pow – from “Astronomy Domine”
“Blinding signs flap,”
“Flicker, flicker, flicker blam. Pow, pow.”

& all the land is lime and limpid green. – from “Astronomy Domine”
“Lime and limpid green, a second scene”

Amidst the grass, dandelions thrive. – from “Flaming”

Buttercups cup the light in the foggy dew. – from “Flaming”
“Watching buttercups cup the light”
“Lazing in the foggy dew”
“Sleeping on a dandelion”

Change, return, success, going & coming, - from Chapter 24
“Change returns success”
“Going and coming without error.”

nothing can be destroyed once & for all: - from Chapter 24
“Things cannot be destroyed once and for all.”

Look at the sun, look at the sky, look at the river – from “The Gnome”
“Look at the sky, look at the river”

lazily winding, finding its way to sea – partly from “The Gnome”
“Winding, finding places to go”

lazily winding, finding its way to sea. – the other part is from “Lucifer Sam”
“Lucifer go to sea.”
New message from Edward Rochester Esq.

NancyGene

Jul 15, 2021, 10:15:17 AM7/15/21
On Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 2:00:02 PM UTC, Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:
> "But enough about him; I have my own poem to talk about here."
>
> (stolen)
How about this one, in the same thread:

On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 11:27:21 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> No, Dance can write circles around you, troll.

Dockery should modify that statement to read that Dance can copy circles (and words). He cannot draw his own circles or write his own words.

Edward Rochester Esq.

Jul 15, 2021, 10:23:57 AM7/15/21
No, Dockery will defend, he cannot afford to lose more 'friends'.

Et Tu Pickles?

NancyGene

Jul 15, 2021, 10:42:33 AM7/15/21
Not a one of them can write a poem. Remember Pickles' note cards, from which he would copy and paste his standard replies? His poems were a bunch of quotations from other people's work.