A Shed so Strange*

Edward Rochester Esq.

Dec 17, 2021, 8:43:52β€―AM12/17/21
A Shed so Strange*

Give me a home, where illiterate hillbilly's roam
Where squirrels and possums do play
Where seldom is heard, a simple lucid word
from mouths that chew waffle's all day

Where the air is just foul when he sings with a howl
And a wheeze from his brother lasts all night
He would not trade the shed or move a lose bowel
For all those dang cities so bright

How often at night does Zod hold him so tight
under the glare of the glittering stars
he stands there and breys as Zod's mouth does amaze
"Does any glory exceed that of ours?"

Home, home on the range
Where illiterate hillbilly's do play
Where moans are still heard, never a lucid word
As passersby up and run away.

Edward Rochester Esq.

* With thanks "Home On The Range"
Writer G.: Autry

George J. Dance

Dec 17, 2021, 1:33:19β€―PM12/17/21
"β€œThe creatures outside looked from poet to troll, and from troll to poet, and from poet to troll again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” - apologies to George Orwell

> * With thanks "Home On The Range"
> Writer G.: Autry

Brewster Higley.
https://pennyspoetry.fandom.com/wiki/Brewster_Higley

Ash Wurthing

Dec 17, 2021, 6:38:46β€―PM12/17/21
> > How often at night does Zod hold him so tight
> > under the glare of the glittering stars
> > he stands there and breys as Zod's mouth does amaze
> > "Does any glory exceed that of ours?"

I wouldn't call it glory, but Trump has the same so called "glory" of theirs. I don't see much of a difference between them and him, except that he has money.

Edward Rochester Esq.

Dec 17, 2021, 6:54:43β€―PM12/17/21
A poor man's Trump , indeed...

Peter J Ross

Dec 18, 2021, 2:50:50β€―PM12/18/21
On 2021-12-17, George J. Dance <george...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> "β€œThe creatures outside looked from poet to troll, and from troll to
> poet, and from poet to troll again; but already it was impossible to
> say which was which.” - apologies to George Orwell

Why not apologies to me, since I've adapted the Orwell quotation dozens
of times?

Why is almost everything you post an imitation of me, even when it isn't
plagiarised from me, Dunce?

--
PJR :-)

jdcha...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2021, 2:27:31β€―AM12/19/21
Please don't mention that man's name. I'm going to go cry in a corner, once my erection goes down.

Zod

Dec 20, 2021, 12:34:44β€―AM12/20/21
I can help with that.

Will Dockery

Dec 21, 2021, 12:17:26β€―PM12/21/21
Be sure to take your teeth out.

Ash Wurthing

Dec 21, 2021, 6:56:17β€―PM12/21/21
Damned you got dibs on that quote? I was working up to that one. Perhaps GD needs to actually understand it? After his flirting with being nasty with the tit for tat, everyone is looking at him that way now...

George J. Dance

Dec 22, 2021, 5:05:15β€―PM12/22/21
On Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 6:56:17 PM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 2:50:50 PM UTC-5, Peter J Ross wrote:
> > On 2021-12-17, George J. Dance <george...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> >
> > > "β€œThe creatures outside looked from poet to troll, and from troll to
> > > poet, and from poet to troll again; but already it was impossible to
> > > say which was which.” - apologies to George Orwell
> > Why not apologies to me, since I've adapted the Orwell quotation dozens
> > of times?
> >
> > Why is almost everything you post an imitation of me, even when it isn't
> > plagiarised from me, Dunce?

Why do you spread these lies about me, PJ? You're sounding like an obsessed kook again.

> Damned you got dibs on that quote?

No, he doesn't. Why should he?

> I was working up to that one.

What? You planned to accuse me of copying Orwell's sentence from you as well?

> Perhaps GD needs to actually understand it?

Do you think there's an esoteric meaning? It looks perfectly straightforward to me; and dead-on as commentary to Mr. Senetto's poem.

> After his flirting with being nasty with the tit for tat, everyone is looking at him that way now...

Complaining about people being nasty back at you isn't going to win you much sympathy, either.

George J. Dance

Dec 22, 2021, 5:09:06β€―PM12/22/21
On Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 12:17:26 PM UTC-5, fake "Will Dockery" wrote:
> On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 12:34:44 AM UTC-5, fake "Zod" wrote:
> > > Please don't mention that man's name. I'm going to go cry in a corner, once my erection goes down.
> > I can help with that.
> Be sure to take your teeth out.

Mr. Senetto must be very proud of his new poem. He's got almost the whole gang helping defend it here.

Peter J Ross

Dec 22, 2021, 5:20:13β€―PM12/22/21
On 2021-12-21, Ash Wurthing <ashwu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 2:50:50 PM UTC-5, Peter J Ross
> wrote:
>> On 2021-12-17, George J. Dance <george...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>>
>> > "β€œThe creatures outside looked from poet to troll, and from troll
>> > to poet, and from poet to troll again; but already it was
>> > impossible to say which was which.” - apologies to George Orwell
>> Why not apologies to me, since I've adapted the Orwell quotation
>> dozens of times?
>>
>> Why is almost everything you post an imitation of me, even when it
>> isn't plagiarised from me, Dunce?
>
> Damned you got dibs on that quote? I was working up to that one.

Of course, anybody can use it. But I've noticed many times that Dunce's
screeds are full of words and phrases that he's copied from me. I was
openly his hero in the days when he comared me to Ezra Pound, and I'm
still secretly his hero now - even though I differ from his other heroes
in not admiring Hitler!

> Perhaps GD needs to actually understand it? After his flirting with
> being nasty with the tit for tat, everyone is looking at him that way
> now...

There were dozens of absent AAPC regulars who looked at Dunce exactly
the same way that I look at him. All writers loathe plagiarists, and all
decent people loathe far-right extremists. Even some indecent people
found his notorious defence of paedophilia too much to tolerate!

--
PJR :-)

Peter J Ross

Dec 22, 2021, 6:10:54β€―PM12/22/21
On 2021-12-22, George J. Dance <george...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 6:56:17 PM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
>> On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 2:50:50 PM UTC-5, Peter J Ross
>> wrote:

>> > Why not apologies to me, since I've adapted the Orwell quotation
>> > dozens of times?
>> >
>> > Why is almost everything you post an imitation of me, even when it
>> > isn't plagiarised from me, Dunce?
>> >

> Why do you spread these lies about me, PJ? You're sounding like an
> obsessed kook again.

The obsessed kook is the one who obsessively copies his hero.

I don't copy you: you copy me - even to the addition of a middle
initial!

But none of this is important compared with your being discovered yet
again in the act of plagiarising.

Even the Dreckster and the Creepster write their own doggerel. Why can't
you?

--
PJR :-)

Zod

Dec 22, 2021, 6:17:20β€―PM12/22/21
Well put, G.D.

George J. Dance

Jan 3, 2022, 7:25:28β€―PM1/3/22
Thanks. This looks like a good time to explain what I meant in quoting Orwell.

Back when the gang I called "Cerberus" formed, back in 2017, all 3 heads were posting in the Sunday Sampler. It was easy to tell troll and poet apart those days: one posted imitations of Bukowski, one
of Tennyson, and one song parodies about people on aapc.

However, if you look at Mr. Senetto's latest poetry, such as the OP, it's hard if not impossible to tell aside from the name which head wrote it.

Will Dockery

Jan 3, 2022, 8:45:22β€―PM1/3/22
Nailed it.

πŸ™‚

George J. Dance

Jan 7, 2022, 3:22:33β€―PM1/7/22
Not quite; I think I was unclear about one point. I meant that Mr. Senetto's recent poetry is almost indistinguishable from the Misses NG's early parodies. (Googling "Pickles" should turn up examples.) Over the years, the ladies have been gradually disengaging from trolling and creating a more attractive niche in the group, writing vastly better poems than those early efforts, and promoting group discussions of poetry, etc. Meanwhile the other head has moved in lockstep with Mr. Senetto, as his "Slurp Puppet" poem illustrates. There's been almost a reversal of roles.

Ash Wurthing

Jan 7, 2022, 4:11:32β€―PM1/7/22
Too late idiot, you just got done pouring gasoline all over this shitsty with yur armchair tatting.

Marsh mellows anyone? I brought extras this time...

How did that sli3 d3vil do it?

George J. Dance

Jan 7, 2022, 5:09:17β€―PM1/7/22
On Friday, January 7, 2022 at 4:11:32 PM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> pouring gasoline
>
> over this shitsty
>
> Marsh mellows anyone?

Ash Wurthing

Jan 7, 2022, 5:18:42β€―PM1/7/22
GD and poetry

pouring gasoline
over this shitsty
Marsh mellows anyone?
~~George J. Dance
https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/

Will Dockery

Jan 7, 2022, 7:31:55β€―PM1/7/22
Yes, I'd rather read imitation Bukowski and second-handing the classics than the endless Mad Magazine imitations.

Michael Pendragon

Jan 8, 2022, 11:23:55β€―AM1/8/22
As long as "Shadowville Mythos" posts continue to submerge AAPC in sludge, "Ode to My Slurp-puppet" will remain in play as a counteractive force.

And before you accuse me of trolling, it would do well to keep in mind, that you're the one who introduced the "ethical" strategy of "Tit for Tat" here.

IOW: I'm not following Mr. Senetto's example... I'm following Mr. Dance's.

George J. Dance

Jan 8, 2022, 11:39:33β€―AM1/8/22
As I've already told you, right on the "Slurp-Puppet" thread, that's fine with me as long as it stays on its own thread. Like anyone who has a problem with it, I can simply skip the thread in the future.

> And before you accuse me of trolling,

If I called you a troll, it wouldn't be meant as an accusation, but as a simple statement of fact.

> it would do well to keep in mind, that you're the one who introduced the "ethical" strategy of "Tit for Tat" here.

But you do not follow "Tit for Tat". In past attacks on Pickering, on Rachel, on Ilya, and on me (not to mention others who have left here), you were clearly the aggressor. (Again, that's not meant as an accusation, but as a simple statement of fact.)

> IOW: I'm not following Mr. Senetto's example... I'm following Mr. Dance's.

Wrong.

W-Dockery

Jan 8, 2022, 12:05:07β€―PM1/8/22
Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Friday, January 7, 2022 at 3:22:33 PM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:

>> > Nailed it.
>> >
>> > πŸ™‚
>> Not quite; I think I was unclear about one point. I meant that Mr. Senetto's recent poetry is almost indistinguishable from the Misses NG's early parodies. (Googling "Pickles" should turn up examples.) Over the years, the ladies have been gradually disengaging from trolling and creating a more attractive niche in the group, writing vastly better poems than those early efforts, and promoting group discussions of poetry, etc. Meanwhile the other head has moved in lockstep with Mr. Senetto, as his "Slurp Puppet" poem illustrates. There's been almost a reversal of roles.
>>

> As long as "Shadowville Mythos" posts continue

Newsflash:

That's my poetry, so you can count on my poetry posts to continue.

https://shadowville-mythos.blogspot.com/?m=1

Will Dockery

Jan 8, 2022, 12:47:52β€―PM1/8/22
Where it can rightly be called satire/parody.

> > And before you accuse me of trolling,
> If I called you a troll, it wouldn't be meant as an accusation, but as a simple statement of fact.
> > it would do well to keep in mind, that you're the one who introduced the "ethical" strategy of "Tit for Tat" here.
> But you do not follow "Tit for Tat". In past attacks on Pickering, on Rachel, on Ilya, and on me (not to mention others who have left here), you were clearly the aggressor. (Again, that's not meant as an accusation, but as a simple statement of fact.)
> > IOW: I'm not following Mr. Senetto's example... I'm following Mr. Dance's.
> Wrong.

Will Dockery

Jan 8, 2022, 2:18:25β€―PM1/8/22
On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 5:05:15 PM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:
Another one of Ash's projection games.

Michael Pendragon

Jan 8, 2022, 3:30:30β€―PM1/8/22
That's a false accusation, George.

I publish a monthly online, and yearly print, collection of AAPC poetry -- both of which you are included in.

A troll, by definition, seeks to disrupt a group -- not to promote group activities.

> > it would do well to keep in mind, that you're the one who introduced the "ethical" strategy of "Tit for Tat" here.
> But you do not follow "Tit for Tat". In past attacks on Pickering, on Rachel, on Ilya, and on me (not to mention others who have left here), you were clearly the aggressor. (Again, that's not meant as an accusation, but as a simple statement of fact.)

I don't recall ever having attacked Ilya. I have asked him, many times, to limit his threads to poetry (this is not alt.arts.editorials), and have humorously countered his editorial opinions... but that in no way constitutes an attack. Nor have I attacked Rachel. I have often encouraged her to continue writing poetry and invited her to participate in AYoS (which she has declined to do).

As to Pick -- I had merely questioned one of his bizarre statements only to be called an anti-Semite, Nazi, etc. Pick started that war -- and I finished it (and Pick).

As to my past fights with you, let's just say that my memory of it differs from yours.

> > IOW: I'm not following Mr. Senetto's example... I'm following Mr. Dance's.
> Wrong.

Not at all. Tit for Tat is Tit for Tat.

Will disrupts AAPC with his "Shadowville Mythos" blog advertisements (dozens of threads advertising his blog, reverbnation page, instagram, FB, etc.), so I responded by posting my "Shadowville Mythos" group poem at the end of each.

Donkey disrupts group -- group disrupts Donkey.

Tit for Tat.

Michael Pendragon

Jan 8, 2022, 3:32:45β€―PM1/8/22
They've been killfiled, Donkey.

If they continue, it is without my knowledge.

W.Dockery

Jan 8, 2022, 5:10:08β€―PM1/8/22
That's my poetry, posted in a poetry group.

If you're not interest in the poetry, simply skip and ignore it.

https://shadowville-mythos.blogspot.com/

Zod

Jan 8, 2022, 5:50:06β€―PM1/8/22
> > it would do well to keep in mind, that you're the one who introduced the "ethical" strategy of "Tit for Tat" here.
> But you do not follow "Tit for Tat". In past attacks on Pickering, on Rachel, on Ilya, and on me (not to mention others who have left here), you were clearly the aggressor. (Again, that's not meant as an accusation, but as a simple statement of fact.)
> > IOW: I'm not following Mr. Senetto's example... I'm following Mr. Dance's.
> Wrong.

Exactly, you have nailed it G.D.....!

Zod

Jan 8, 2022, 7:53:17β€―PM1/8/22
And you can count on me to bump those old poems to the top every day, as instructed. In your own words:

"It is the best policy to keep the finest material near the top of the list." - Will Dockery

W.Dockery

Jan 8, 2022, 8:00:10β€―PM1/8/22
That's the skip and ignore policy, great to see you giving it a try.

Will Dockery

Jan 9, 2022, 2:26:08β€―AM1/9/22
Pendragon actually is proud of and brags about his years of trolling, notably on the 1950s music group.

> > it would do well to keep in mind, that you're the one who introduced the "ethical" strategy of "Tit for Tat" here.
> But you do not follow "Tit for Tat". In past attacks on Pickering, on Rachel, on Ilya, and on me (not to mention others who have left here), you were clearly the aggressor. (Again, that's not meant as an accusation, but as a simple statement of fact.)
> > IOW: I'm not following Mr. Senetto's example... I'm following Mr. Dance's.
> Wrong.

Well put.

General Zod

Jan 9, 2022, 5:33:13β€―PM1/9/22
On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 1:33:19 PM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:

> "β€œThe creatures outside looked from poet to troll, and from troll to poet, and from poet to troll again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” - apologies to George Orwell
> > * With thanks "Home On The Range"
> > Writer G.: Autry
> Brewster Higley.
> https://pennyspoetry.fandom.com/wiki/Brewster_Higley

Well put....

Will Dockery

Jan 10, 2022, 3:11:16β€―AM1/10/22
A bit like wrestling or soap operas, the trolls have switched personas.

πŸ™‚

General-Zod

Jan 10, 2022, 6:55:07β€―PM1/10/22
Stop lying, Pinhead... you have been spamming and trolling and lying here for YEARS....!

George J. Dance

Jan 10, 2022, 10:17:28β€―PM1/10/22
It wasn't an accusation at all. It was a hypothetical statement.

Will Dockery

Jan 11, 2022, 2:34:02β€―AM1/11/22
And, of course Pendragon trolls here incessantly.

Zod

Jan 11, 2022, 6:50:00β€―PM1/11/22
I get that and G.D. has the quote of the day here....

Will Dockery

Jan 12, 2022, 11:21:43β€―AM1/12/22
Three good capsule reviews, yes.

General Zod

Jan 12, 2022, 7:08:22β€―PM1/12/22
Indeed so....

W.Dockery

Jan 13, 2022, 3:30:09β€―PM1/13/22
None of us expect Pendragon to admit to his trolling, though.

Zod

Jan 13, 2022, 7:24:13β€―PM1/13/22
As usual, the Pinhead bends over backwards to try and excuse the feebleminded antics of Rochester....

W.Dockery

Jan 18, 2022, 6:16:52β€―PM1/18/22
George J. Dance wrote:

> On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 8:43:52 AM UTC-5, Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:
>
>> A Shed so Strange*
>>
>> Give me a home, where illiterate hillbilly's roam
>> Where squirrels and possums do play
>> Where seldom is heard, a simple lucid word
>> from mouths that chew waffle's all day
>>
>> Where the air is just foul when he sings with a howl
>> And a wheeze from his brother lasts all night
>> He would not trade the shed or move a lose bowel
>> For all those dang cities so bright
>>
>> How often at night does Zod hold him so tight
>> under the glare of the glittering stars
>> he stands there and breys as Zod's mouth does amaze
>> "Does any glory exceed that of ours?"
>>
>> Home, home on the range
>> Where illiterate hillbilly's do play
>> Where moans are still heard, never a lucid word
>> As passersby up and run away.
>>
>> Edward Rochester Esq.
>>

> "β€œThe creatures outside looked from poet to troll, and from troll to poet, and from poet to troll again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” - apologies to George Orwell

>> * With thanks "Home On The Range"
>> Writer G.: Autry

> Brewster Higley.
> https://pennyspoetry.fandom.com/wiki/Brewster_Higley

Again, nailed it.

Zod

Feb 20, 2022, 7:15:38β€―PM2/20/22
On Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 12:17:26 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 12:34:44 AM UTC-5, Zod wrote:
> > > Please don't mention that man's name. I'm going to go cry in a corner, once my erection goes down.
> > I can help with that.
> Be sure to take your teeth out.

Of course, sahib.

jdcha...@gmail.com