"She Sleeps Tight" / Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris:

Will Dockery

Aug 14, 2018, 10:45:48 PM8/14/18

Sleeps so tight
she has a marksman's eye.
Maker's mark
tattoo firewater spine.
Leather shoes
but nowhere to go.

-Will Dockery

--
She Sleeps Tight / Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uGY157cpiU&t=49s

"She Sleeps Tight", vocals by Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris, guitars by Brian
Mallard. Paintings by George Sulzbach.

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Aug 15, 2018, 2:46:34 AM8/15/18
Since the topic of the vocal talent of Sandy Madaris came up yesterday, here is one of her duets with me, so the listeners can judge for themselves...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LetBCcfrb8

Way Back Home" by Sandy Madaris, written with Luke Powers, produced by Tommy Spurlock. From the CD Way Back Home.

BPJ

Aug 15, 2018, 5:43:12 AM8/15/18
she's a screamer..tell her I told you

Will Dockery

Aug 15, 2018, 7:47:09 AM8/15/18
In other words, you didn't listen to this track, either, because for whatever flaws Sandy may have in this performance, "screaming" is not one of them:

She Sleeps Tight / Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uGY157cpiU&t=49s

"She Sleeps Tight", vocals by Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris, guitars by Brian
Mallard. Paintings by George Sulzbach.

As anyone who /does/ listen will soon know.

BPJ

Aug 15, 2018, 7:50:14 AM8/15/18
I have no interest in anything you or the gang have recorded

Will Dockery

Aug 15, 2018, 8:18:55 AM8/15/18
then why bother to respond?

NancyGene

Aug 15, 2018, 12:57:07 PM8/15/18
We agree. and when she's not screaming, she's shrieking. Will, tell her to take it back to the privacy of her own bedroom.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Aug 15, 2018, 5:56:56 PM8/15/18
NG...

If you actually had listened to the recording, you'd know that your statement about Sandy is false.

If you want to critique, fine, but at least review, or at least listen, to the work first?

😀

NancyGene

Aug 15, 2018, 6:21:27 PM8/15/18
We did critiques in another thread. She does not have a singing voice that belongs on the stage or anywhere actually. Another old person looking to claim some fame in the amateur nights.

Will Dockery

Aug 15, 2018, 6:45:58 PM8/15/18
I can't argue with an honest opinion, NG, but I must say I never hear anything but praise for Sandy's talents.

Hopefully the least you can do is provide links so the readers can listen and decide for themselves...

NancyGene

Aug 15, 2018, 6:51:10 PM8/15/18
On Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 10:45:58 PM UTC, Will Dockery wrote:
> I can't argue with an honest opinion, NG, but I must say I never hear anything but praise for Sandy's talents.
>
> Hopefully the least you can do is provide links so the readers can listen and decide for themselves...

We did that. Read other people's threads other than your own.

Will Dockery

Aug 15, 2018, 7:30:04 PM8/15/18
I don't usually read or post on what appear to be obvious troll threads,
NG... if you'd come up with less obnoxious titles, I might read and reply
more often.

If you're now posting links with your critiques, that's a good step forward,
though... kudos for that.

Will Dockery

Aug 15, 2018, 8:36:47 PM8/15/18
On Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 6:21:27 PM UTC-4, NancyGene wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LetBCcfrb8

> > > We agree. and when she's not screaming, she's shrieking. Will, tell her to take it back to the privacy of her own bedroom.
> >
> > NG...
> >
> > If you actually had listened to the recording, you'd know that your statement about Sandy is false.
> >
> > If you want to critique, fine, but at least review, or at least listen, to the work first?
>
> We did critiques in another thread. She does not have a singing voice that belongs on the stage or anywhere actually. Another old person looking to claim some fame in the amateur nights.

I can't argue with an honest opinion, although I must say I don't often hear any pans of Sandy's talent.

But art is subjective, after all. The least you can do, I would hoe, is provide a link to the recordings, so readers can listen and form their own opinions, NG.

--
She Sleeps Tight / Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uGY157cpiU&t=49s

---

Michael Pendragon

Aug 15, 2018, 9:01:47 PM8/15/18
She's a really bad singer, Will. Not terrible, mind you ... but really bad.

And I think you should know by now that my critiques are unbiased.

I think you have a decent voice, and have said so in the past. You can stay in key. She can't. Your voice has a nice timbre to it (once one gets past their initial reaction to the damage from 40 years of chain-smoking), it's not bad. It's not good, either (you mostly just talk-sing, rarely attempt to carry a tune, and can't hold an end note to save your life), but you rate a solid decent.

Nelly Black's voice is okay ... if she's singing at a church social, or ... on open mic night at the local bar. She can stay in key, and has a nice sounding, but fatally weak, voice. "Okay" is a notch below "decent," so you've got her beat as well ... though not by much.

Sandy Madaris is, no doubt, a very nice woman. But she has no more vocal talent than ... I do. She may even be a worse ... although I'm not in a position to judge.

Norman Bean

Aug 16, 2018, 1:23:25 AM8/16/18
Another in the collection of lovely sound Sandy is a gifted young lady....

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 2:45:58 AM8/16/18
Okay, Pendragon, I do grant you that you do call it as you see it...

Only sometimes you're a bit... nearsighted.

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 4:13:56 AM8/16/18
Okay, now I know you may be giving an honest opinion on Sandy's voice, but there are many singers and bands I am sometimes astounded that you give a thubs down to.

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 9:35:37 AM8/16/18
For example, to see what page you're on, how do you rate the lead vocalists of, say... The Beatles?

How do you judge the vocal talents of Lemon and McCartney, Pendragon?

Thu!be up or down?

Michael Pendragon

Aug 16, 2018, 9:43:58 AM8/16/18
From a purely vocal standpoint, The Beatles are decent singers. They can stay in key and don't screech and/or squawk.

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 9:56:26 AM8/16/18
Outstanding, the Beatles are Decent... putting them in my talent level.

Not bad, Pendragon, and much appreciated.

Next, how do you rate, say, Mick Jagger?

Michael Pendragon

Aug 16, 2018, 10:03:47 AM8/16/18
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 9:56:26 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> Outstanding, the Beatles are Decent... putting them in my talent level.

"...putting [The Beatles] in my talent level."

Such narcissism.

> Not bad, Pendragon, and much appreciated.
>
> Next, how do you rate, say, Mick Jagger?

Slightly below them. He can stay in key, but his voice is less agreeable.

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 10:26:48 AM8/16/18
Not at all, Pendragon.

You were the one who rated The Beatles are merely "decent", Pendragon, the same level you rated me at.

I would rate The Beatles much higher... even higher than Pat Boone or Tiny Tim.

😀

Michael Pendragon

Aug 16, 2018, 10:40:16 AM8/16/18
You've missed the point (no surprise), Will.

Most people would have said that I'd placed your vocal talent on a level with The Beatles. You, otoh, reversed that order and said that I'd rated The Beatles' vocal talent on a level with yours.

I doubt I can ever make you understand the different; however, I can assure you that there is one, and that it speaks (shouts) volumes.

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 11:02:25 AM8/16/18
I just took your grade level of "Decent", and named two artists that rank on
that level, in your opinion, Pendragon.

In no particular order, I know you have The Beatles and "Will Dockery" on
the Decent level.

Pat Boone and Tiny Tim must rank at least a level higher, right?

ME

Aug 16, 2018, 11:10:30 AM8/16/18
Will, why would you rather be hated and despised than ignored? Really, is getting all the attention that important to you?

mydemon...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2018, 11:16:29 AM8/16/18
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 11:02:25 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> I just took your grade level of "Decent", and named two artists that rank on
> that level, in your opinion, Pendragon.

You did a lot more than that, but never mind. Like I said, I know you'll never see it.

> In no particular order, I know you have The Beatles and "Will Dockery" on
> the Decent level.
>
> Pat Boone and Tiny Tim must rank at least a level higher, right?

On a vocal level, certainly.

Pat Boone possesses one of the most beautiful voices ever recorded; and Tiny Tim's vocal range ran from deep bass to an insanely high falsetto. Neither was as popular as The Beatles (although Pat Boone came close), and certainly neither had the amount of influence (assuming that matters).

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 11:23:45 AM8/16/18
Okay, this is interesting...

How many levels, grades or ratings do you have for art, music, poetry (let's
just lump them all together as "art"), Pendragon?

We know that The Beatles and myself rest on the "Decent" level.

Pat Boone and Tiny Tim are at least one level higher, and that level is call
what?

Nelly Black is at least one level lower than The Beatles and me, what level
is she on?

Sandy Madaris I reckon you judge as the lowest on the totem pole, what would
Sandy's level be named?

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 11:29:17 AM8/16/18
"Me", I can't control your feelings for me, nor would I want to.

You know you "hated and despised" me long before you even followed me here
from Topix Forums, and I knew even there you'd carry this unreasonable
hatred for me for some time to come, apparently now for the rest of our
lives.

I see no way to change that, why should we even pretent that you might
someday "let it go" and try to put aside your hostility towards me?

We both know no matter what that just will not happen, am I right?

Corey's way could work, but somehow I just don't feel optomistic about it.

And so it goes...

ME

Aug 16, 2018, 11:43:48 AM8/16/18
Oh will, I don’t hate you. Hate requires a level of emotion that I’ve never attributed to you.

Once again you’ve deliberately misquoted ME. Your need to bring attention to yourself, no matter what, is pathetic.

You’re very insecure will. That’s one of the reasons for your false bravado. If you see and acknowledge it or don’t, I don’t care.

But I’ve told you before, don’t misquote or misrepresent what I post here. Unlike the others, I won’t bitch and gripe about it on a silly little Usenet site

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 11:46:57 AM8/16/18
Well, I'm glad that you say you don't hate me, "Me", I don't hate you
either, for the record.

In fact, I don't even know you... and thank God for that little blessing.

;)

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 11:50:38 AM8/16/18
Make up your mind, "Me".

One day I'm a raving egomaniac.

The next day you slobber about me being insecure.

Admit it, you have no idea what to make of me... except that you "don't like
it".

:)

ME

Aug 16, 2018, 11:58:40 AM8/16/18
You really don’t read others posts. And your reading comprehension is extremely weak.
You’re very easy to figure out will, no difficulty at all.

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 12:05:01 PM8/16/18
Nothing to figure out at all, "Me".

I make my statements and you can either take them or leave them.

Not a problem for me, either way.

;)

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 12:07:35 PM8/16/18
And, to get this thread back on track:

> Since the topic of the vocal talent of Sandy Madaris came up yesterday,
> here is one of her duets with me, so the listeners can judge for
> themselves...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LetBCcfrb8

> Way Back Home" by Sandy Madaris, written with Luke Powers, produced by
> Tommy Spurlock. From the CD Way Back Home.

Talented and creative, that's the level Sandy resides on.

;)

ME

Aug 16, 2018, 12:12:09 PM8/16/18

mydemon...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2018, 12:56:03 PM8/16/18
If I had a scale, it would look something like this:

1) Great
2) Very Good
3) Good
4) Pretty Good
5) Decent
6) Passable
7) Mediocre/Average
8) Below Average/Subpar
9) Bad
10) Very Bad
11) Extremely Bad
12) Terrible
13) Horrendous
14) Bob Dylan Bad

However, before your head starts swelling up any bigger, I should make a few clarifications:

1) Great

On a purely vocal level, there are very few Great singers. A great singer requires a large vocal range, the ability to sustain notes, the ability to project, the ability to express emotions, while maintaining a distinctive sound, style, and personality.

If I played someone a record by Elvis Presley, Nat "King" Cole, Frankie Laine, Frank Sinatra, Johnnie Ray, Doris Day, Johnny Mathis, Bill Kenny, Mario Lanza, Jane Monheit, Crystal Gayle, Pat Boone, Kay Starr, Patsy Cline, Georgia Gibbs, Judy Garland, Bing Crosby, Thurl Ravenscroft, Eddie Fisher, Tiny Tim, Vaughn Monroe, Sarah Vaughan, Al Jolson, Tony Bennett, Jim Reeves, Teresa Brewer, Shirley Bassey, Connie Francis, Dean Martin, Dion and other greats, they would recognize them -- even if they'd never heard the song before. That's what makes them great.

2) Very Good

Most *successful* singers fall under the Very Good category. These singers have flawless voices and enough vocal personality that one can sometimes recognize them; or they have recognizable, though somewhat limited or flawed voices. Dinah Shore, Patti Page, Guy Mitchell, Vic Damone, Perry Como, Andy Williams, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Gogi Grant, Kate Smith, Joni James, Jane Morgan, Jaye P. Morgan, Anita Bryant, Leslie Uggams, Jimmy Durante, Louis Armstrong, Sammy Davis Jr. and many others.

Note: These are all truly wonderful singers, and among my favorites. They simply fall slightly short (for one or more reasons) of the Greats.

3) Good

Good singers are fairly successful and highly talented, but lack definable vocal characteristics in terms of vocal personality and style. Rosemary Clooney, Johnny Desmond, Evelyn Knight, Margaret Whiting, June Valli, Eydie Gorme, Alan Dale, Jerry Vale, etc.

4) Pretty Good

Pretty Good singers don't quite cut it. They might have some great records, but it's not due more to the song and the arrangement than to their vocal talents. Pretty good singers didn't last long where the standards are concerned. Mike Douglas and Merv Griffin were pretty good big band vocalists, but they're better remembered for their work as talk show hosts. The majority of r'n'r singers, however, fall into this category. Again, this is not to diminish their accomplishments and/or talents in any way, but is simply an acknowledgement that the r'n'r form demands less from the vocalist: Bill Haley, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Fats Domino, Chuck Berry, et al., were all pretty good singers. The same holds for the lead singers of most successful later groups: Jim Morrison, John Fogerty, Eric Burdon, Roger Waters, et al.

5) Decent

In the world of standards, there are no Decent singers. They wouldn't have gotten a record deal, or a spot with a big band or a radio program.

In the rock/post-rock era, they are legion. Decent means that while I won't change the channel because of the singer's voice, I'm not listening because of it, either.

Son Bono was a decent singer. Cher is very good.

6) Passable/Mediocre/Average

A passable singer could sing at an open mic without getting booed off the stage. An average singer can sing in key, carry a tune, and hold their end notes for an acceptable amount. However, there is nothing even remotely unique or memorable about their voice/style/approach.

The remaining categories represent successive degrees of badness:

7) Below Average/Subpar

As the header says, below average. I couldn't sit through an entire song by them. They may sing a little sharp or flat, or hit an occasional sour note, have a weak delivery, etc. Think Nelly Black.

8) Bad

I'd leave after the first 5 seconds. Michael Jackson.

That's a joke. MJ can sing in key. Sandy the Screech Owl Madaris is bad.

9) Very Bad

I'd stick my fingers in my ears at the first note.

Name the lead singer of virtually any metal band or rap group. I find the growling, grunting, and barking to be extremely displeasing, but I don't experience any actual physical pain from it.

10) Extremely Bad

I'd stick my fingers in my ears at the first note and run. The Bee Gees, Andy Gibb, Shaun Cassidy, disco in general.

Falsetto (disco style) is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

12) Horrendous

I'd scream, stick my fingers in my ears at the first note, run, and be emotionally scarred for life. Janis Joplin and Joe Cocker, for example.

13) Bob Dylan Bad

I'd rather ram knitting needles into my eardrums than listen to his whiny-assed voice.

mydemon...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2018, 12:58:29 PM8/16/18
> 11) Horrendous
>
> I'd scream, stick my fingers in my ears at the first note, run, and be emotionally scarred for life. Janis Joplin and Joe Cocker, for example.
>
> 12) Bob Dylan Bad
>
> I'd rather ram knitting needles into my eardrums than listen to his whiny-assed voice.

Oops! I'd edited out a couple of sub-categories and forgotten to fix a couple of the numbers.

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 1:03:19 PM8/16/18
Interesting list, Pen... I'll read and comment on it shortly...

mydemon...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2018, 1:57:39 PM8/16/18
Most, if not all, raving egomaniacs have developed this condition as a defense-mechanism to compensate for their insecurities.

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 4:29:52 PM8/16/18
That sounds more like a confession from you, Pendragon.

:)

mydemon...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2018, 4:39:27 PM8/16/18
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 4:29:52 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> That sounds more like a confession from you, Pendragon.

I'm not a "raving egomaniac," Will.

I'm and Egoist in the Randian sense, and I believe that all artists must be narcissistic to a certain degree (myself included).

However, your "raving egomania" is a very different animal from my philosophical Egoism and artistic temperament.

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 4:43:59 PM8/16/18
So, rave on, Ego boy.

:)

mydemon...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2018, 5:02:01 PM8/16/18
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 4:43:59 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> So, rave on, Ego boy.

IKYABWAI away, Pee-wee. It's really the only thing you've got left.

You've got a healthy ego because you did it your way.

Something you'll figure out what it was you supposedly did.

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 5:27:00 PM8/16/18
So, for once we agree, Pendragon.

:)

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 6:31:20 PM8/16/18
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 5:02:01 PM UTC-4, mydemon...@gmail.com wrote:

> You've got a healthy ego

Absolutely, Pen... most artists do, you know that.

;)

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 6:32:15 PM8/16/18
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 4:39:27 PM UTC-4, mydemon...@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm and Egoist in the Randian sense, and I believe that all artists must be narcissistic to a certain degree (myself included).

Exactly, Pendragon... go to the head of the class, my boy.

:)

Michael Pendragon

Aug 16, 2018, 10:22:09 PM8/16/18
Your NPD, otoh, has swelled to gargantuan proportions. You're a half step away from being as delusional as Pick (another reason for you to ditch the scum hole.)

Will Dockery

Aug 16, 2018, 10:43:29 PM8/16/18
Meanwhile you're such an delusional egomaniac that you think you're qualified to make a psychological diagnosis, Pendragon.

Michael Pendragon

Aug 16, 2018, 11:10:10 PM8/16/18
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 10:43:29 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> Meanwhile you're such an delusional egomaniac that you think you're qualified to make a psychological diagnosis, Pendragon.

I've read Freud and Jung extensively, and occasional books by various freudo-jungians (like Marion Woodman) and taken several psychology courses at college. I'm not a licensed psychologist, but I have a decent working knowledge of the science.

Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di

Aug 16, 2018, 11:40:46 PM8/16/18
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 7:43:29 PM UTC-7, Will Dockery wrote:
> Meanwhile you're such an delusional egomaniac that you think you're qualified to make a psychological diagnosis, Pendragon.

Shalom & Erev tov, Will...FakeJewPsychoLizard is claiming he has, through mind osmosis, learned the intricacies of the human mind allegedly proven by pharmacracy. Setting aside the fact Freud was a serial rapist (PsychoLizard is not familiar with Frederick Crews), and Jung was an ardent nationalsozialist -- PsychoLizard is inventing outrageous 'cover stories' for himself, when he is: a documented white supremacist (as musicologist David Marsh discussed in the past); a racist (Nelly Black has read what PsychoLizard spewed here, along with NaziGene), a FakeJew (as George Dance has illustrated often).
STEPHAN PICKERING / חפץ ח"ם בן אברהם
Torah אלילה Yehu'di Apikores / Philologia Kabbalistica Speculativa Researcher
לחיות זמן רב ולשגשג...לעולם לא עוד
THE KABBALAH FRACTALS PROJECT
לעולם לא אשכח

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
davening in the musematic dark

Michael Pendragon

Aug 16, 2018, 11:50:28 PM8/16/18
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 11:40:46 PM UTC-4, Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di wrote:
> On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 7:43:29 PM UTC-7, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Meanwhile you're such an delusional egomaniac that you think you're qualified to make a psychological diagnosis, Pendragon.
>
> Shalom & Erev tov, Will...FakeJewPsychoLizard is claiming he has, through mind osmosis, learned the intricacies of the human mind allegedly proven by pharmacracy. Setting aside the fact Freud was a serial rapist (PsychoLizard is not familiar with Frederick Crews), and Jung was an ardent nationalsozialist -- PsychoLizard is inventing outrageous 'cover stories' for himself, when he is: a documented white supremacist (as musicologist David Marsh discussed in the past); a racist (Nelly Black has read what PsychoLizard spewed here, along with NaziGene), a FakeJew (as George Dance has illustrated often).

And you accuse the rest of us of being "gossipographers" and "gossipy typewriters"!

Yesterday you were spreading unfounded rumors about the sexual orientation/sexual activities of the late Chuck Connors and the late Steve McQueen. Today, you're spreading unfounded accusations about Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, NancyGene and myself.

You're the biggest, most sensationalistic, and most vile gossip-monger here, you hypocritical p.o.s.

Happy Fucking Birthday -- and I pray that it may be your last.

Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di

Aug 17, 2018, 12:10:59 AM8/17/18
Shalom & Erev tov, everyone...the discussions of Freud as serial rapist, and Jung as nationalsozialist (both true), are accessible through research. FakeJewPsychoLizard is not familiar with the documentation. Why? Stupidity. I know what NaziGene is, and I know what FJPL is.

Michael Pendragon

Aug 17, 2018, 7:32:06 AM8/17/18
On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 12:10:59 AM UTC-4, Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di wrote:
> Shalom & Erev tov, everyone...the discussions of Freud as serial rapist, and Jung as nationalsozialist (both true), are accessible through research.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And Chuck Connors was a member of Mae West's "The Pleasure Man" ... when he was seven years old.

It took me a whole 5 minutes to check, and unequivocally disprove, your bullshit about Chuck Connors. Your "research" is nothing more than lazy, sloppy gossip-mongering.

Will Dockery

Aug 17, 2018, 10:52:01 AM8/17/18
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 10:22:09 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 6:32:15 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> > On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 4:39:27 PM UTC-4, mydemon...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > I'm and Egoist in the Randian sense, and I believe that all artists must be narcissistic to a certain degree (myself included).
> >
> > Exactly, Pendragon... go to the head of the class, my boy.
>
> Your NPD, otoh, has swelled to gargantuan proportions.

Where's your evidence on that, Pendragon?

This looks like nothing more than your usual habit of... exaggeration.

> You're a half step away from being as delusional

Because I make a lot of posts on Usenet and have confidence in my poetry and art... I don't think so.

I say you're bullshitting me, Pendragon... but all in good fun, right?

:)

Michael Pendragon

Aug 17, 2018, 11:11:55 AM8/17/18
The evidence is in your posts; and no, I'm not bullshitting you.

You claim that you did it your way. The haters and naysayers were trying to stop you, but you persevered and you're still here, etc. And I asked you, just what do you think you did?

What have you accomplished?

The rational answer is "Nothing ... apart from making a nuisance of myself at numerous internet groups."

The delusional answer is that "I'm a successful poet who won the coveted Perky Award, has had a poem published in "Playgrounds" every month for the past twenty years, have a large worldwide following, am the second most popular artist on ReverbNation, get 1,000s of views from my concert videos, and that posterity will one day be scouring this group to get the straight facts on my life."

Will Dockery

Aug 17, 2018, 11:19:34 AM8/17/18
On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 11:11:55 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 10:52:01 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > Because I make a lot of posts on Usenet and have confidence in my poetry and art... I don't think so.
> >
> > I say you're bullshitting me, Pendragon... but all in good fun, right?
>
> The evidence is in your posts; and no, I'm not bullshitting you.
>
> You claim that you did it your way. The haters and naysayers were trying to stop you, but you persevered and you're still here, etc. And I asked you, just what do you think you did?
>
> What have you accomplished?

My statement was in the context of my poetry and other art, since you don't see any value in any of it, obviously, to argue about that is like arguing with a brick wall.

That's the quick answer, because I really don't see any reason to defend myself of my poetry endlessly here with you.

I have confidence in the poetry and art I've created, you don't care much for it, if anything. Your opinion, which you are of course allowed to have, true or not.

So be it, your opinion is known... obviously you'll not be convincing me of anything, Pendragon, so why do we continue this?

--
Poetry and Songs from Will Dockery:
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/songs

Michael Pendragon

Aug 17, 2018, 11:40:24 AM8/17/18
On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 11:19:34 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 11:11:55 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> > On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 10:52:01 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> >
> > > Because I make a lot of posts on Usenet and have confidence in my poetry and art... I don't think so.
> > >
> > > I say you're bullshitting me, Pendragon... but all in good fun, right?
> >
> > The evidence is in your posts; and no, I'm not bullshitting you.
> >
> > You claim that you did it your way. The haters and naysayers were trying to stop you, but you persevered and you're still here, etc. And I asked you, just what do you think you did?
> >
> > What have you accomplished?
>
> My statement was in the context of my poetry and other art,

Fine. What have you accomplished with your poetry and art?

You've got no legitimate publication credits.

Your musical career has sunk from busking on street corners with your band to a once a week turn at the open mic on amateur night at the local bar.

Your art ... decorates the walls of your shed.

But maybe you weren't referring to artistic success. Maybe you were claiming to have artistic "integrity."

By writing your poems your way, do you mean that you compose your verses out of fragmented, incomplete sentences, and regularly employ atrocious grammar, misspellings, and words that don't quite mean what you think they mean?

So, okay ... if you meant that you're willfully ignorant, and plan on remaining so until you die .... I agree with you.

Will Dockery

Aug 17, 2018, 11:51:36 AM8/17/18
On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 11:40:24 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > > The evidence is in your posts; and no, I'm not bullshitting you.
> > >
> > > You claim that you did it your way. The haters and naysayers were trying to stop you, but you persevered and you're still here, etc. And I asked you, just what do you think you did?
> > >
> > > What have you accomplished?
> >
> > My statement was in the context of my poetry and other art,
>
> Fine. What have you accomplished with your poetry and art?
>
> You've got no legitimate publication credits.

In your opinion only, Pendragon... you know better than most my long publication history, so I won't bother to repeat that here.

The other value judgments of yours on my poetry and art, I'll say "consider the source".

You're the person who completely condemns great poets such as Allen Ginsberg, William Carlos Williams, Charles Bukowski, Jack Kerouac, Patti Smith... heck, just about any poet who was born less than 100 years ago, you admit it, you proudly proclaim this ignorance about once a week.

You're the person who declares the music of Pat Boone and Tiny Tim superior to, to name two, The Beatles and Bob Dylan.

i can go on and on, but obviously we simply don't agree on art, music or poetry.

So, it isn't a surprise that you degrade the value of my own art, music and poetry... and yu are allowed that opinion.

As long as you don't attempt to pass these opinions off as facts, since that's obviously untrue.

:)

Michael Pendragon

Aug 17, 2018, 12:08:00 PM8/17/18
You're just puffing and posturing, here, Will.

I said that your poetry comprises fragmented thoughts expressed in incomplete sentences, with misspellings, atrocious grammar, etc. I might have also mentioned that they're largely incoherent, and of little interest to anyone outside of your real-life circle of friends (Zod, mostly) who get the references to your past girlfriends.

I wasn't commenting on their "modern" style. I could be mistaken on this point, but I believe that most modern poets still include verbs in their sentences.

Will Dockery

Aug 17, 2018, 12:25:24 PM8/17/18
On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 12:08:00 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 11:51:36 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > > Fine. What have you accomplished with your poetry and art?
> > >
> > > You've got no legitimate publication credits.
> >
> > In your opinion only, Pendragon... you know better than most my long publication history, so I won't bother to repeat that here.
> >
> > The other value judgments of yours on my poetry and art, I'll say "consider the source".
> >
> > You're the person who completely condemns great poets such as Allen Ginsberg, William Carlos Williams, Charles Bukowski, Jack Kerouac, Patti Smith... heck, just about any poet who was born less than 100 years ago, you admit it, you proudly proclaim this ignorance about once a week.
> >
> > You're the person who declares the music of Pat Boone and Tiny Tim superior to, to name two, The Beatles and Bob Dylan.
> >
> > i can go on and on, but obviously we simply don't agree on art, music or poetry.
> >
> > So, it isn't a surprise that you degrade the value of my own art, music and poetry... and yu are allowed that opinion.
> >
> > As long as you don't attempt to pass these opinions off as facts, since that's obviously untrue.
> >

> You're just puffing and posturing, here, Will.

No, I'm pointing out that your tastes and judgments are somewhat... peculiar, Pendragon.

I mean, Pat Boone and Tiny Time ace The Beatles and Bob Dylan?

Find /anyone/ on Earth who would agree with that one.

:)

Will Dockery

Aug 17, 2018, 1:55:07 PM8/17/18
Yes, Stephan...

I don't often respond in Jimmy's troll post threads, so tell "Me" that to communicate with me, come to a valid thread.

😀

Michael Pendragon

Aug 17, 2018, 2:03:25 PM8/17/18
Remember, we're talking solely on the basis of vocal talent.

The Beatles weren't particularly talented singers. They were an exceedingly popular boy band that went on to have a profound and lasting influence on the music industry. But none of them could have sung "The Star-Spangled Banner" or "Vesti la giubba." Bob Dylan can't sing, period.

Will Dockery

Aug 17, 2018, 2:09:57 PM8/17/18
The biggest legacy of both Bob Dylan and The Beatles is their revolutionary songs and songwriting, more than vocal talents, I grant you, Pendragon.

Will Dockery

Aug 18, 2018, 8:47:32 AM8/18/18
No, Pendragon, I'm much more careful in my poetry than a casual Usenet post.

If you find something spelled incorrectly or other errors in my actual poetry, I would appreciate knowing about that discovery immediately, so I can get it corrected.

Will Dockery

Aug 18, 2018, 1:22:48 PM8/18/18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LetBCcfrb8

<Obviously biased review snipped>

> > NG...
> >
> > If you actually had listened to the recording, you'd know that your statement about Sandy is false.
> >
> > If you want to critique, fine, but at least review, or at least listen, to the work first?
>
> We did critiques in another thread. She does not have a singing voice that belongs on the stage or anywhere actually. Another old person

Yet you never post the links to the videos you review, NG, which is somewhat dishonest, because the reader can't listen for himself, and judge for himself.

And, I maintain your haring and ability to appreciate great folk rock and poetry is limited, at best.

But, let's let the casual reader decide that for himself:

She Sleeps Tight / Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uGY157cpiU&t=49s

Me

Aug 18, 2018, 1:27:12 PM8/18/18
On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 1:22:48 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LetBCcfrb8

> <Obviously biased review snipped>
>
> > > NG...
> > >
> > > If you actually had listened to the recording, you'd know that your statement about Sandy is false.
> > >
> > > If you want to critique, fine, but at least review, or at least listen, to the work first?
> >
> > We did critiques in another thread. She does not have a singing voice that belongs on the stage or anywhere actually. Another old person
>
> Yet you never post the links to the videos you review, NG, which is somewhat dishonest, because the reader can't listen for himself, and judge for himself.

That’s not true will. NG posted a link.
Just to set the set the record straight.

Will Dockery

Aug 18, 2018, 1:35:52 PM8/18/18
I saw no link, and none on NG's reviews of my television show, either.

Critiques are fine, but the reviewer needs to provide links to what they're criticizing.

😀

Will Dockery

Aug 18, 2018, 2:10:57 PM8/18/18
NG, I didn't lie, I don't read all your troll threads so I went from my memory.

And you do admit you have posted reviews without,providing links.

Now that you say you are posting links, thanks for that but if honesty.

Reviews are fin, but let the casual reader be able to listen and decide for himself,as well.

😀

Will Dockery

Aug 18, 2018, 2:45:47 PM8/18/18
Thanks for reading and responding, NG...

Just try to remember those links in the future, okay?

😀

Michael Pendragon

Aug 18, 2018, 5:09:34 PM8/18/18
On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 8:47:32 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> No, Pendragon, I'm much more careful in my poetry than a casual Usenet post.
>
> If you find something spelled incorrectly or other errors in my actual poetry, I would appreciate knowing about that discovery immediately, so I can get it corrected.

She Sleeps Tight

Sleeps so tight
she has a marksman's eye.

[Incomplete sentence. "She has a marksman's eye." would be a sentence, if "Sleeps so tight were not stuck on the front of it.]

Maker's mark
tattoo firewater spine.

[Incomplete sentence. "Maker's Mark" is a proper name and gets two caps.]

Leather shoes
but nowhere to go.

[Incomplete sentence. If her shoes were canvas, vinyl, etc., would it make a difference?]

Dice and coins
scattered in the snow.

[Incomplete sentence.]

Dice and coins
scattered in the snow.

[Still not a complete sentence.]

Won't be long,
until I see her face.

[Incomplete sentence. The comma is unnecessary.]

She's waiting
in an undisclosed place.

[A sentence!!!]

I've been conspired
banned from my muse.

[Incomplete sentence. And no, you haven't been "conspired." You've been "conspired against."]

This won't stick
poor boy's all confused.

["This won't stick." is a sentence. "poor boy's all confused" is not. Running them together only negates the former's sentence status.]

This won't stick
poor boy's all confused.

[And repeat.]

In Salem town
she keeps her chin so high.

[Add a comma after "town," and you've got an acceptable sentence -- awkward, but acceptable.]

Darkened breeze
she smiles as I roll by.

["She smiles as I roll by." is a sentence. When you paste "Darkened breeze to the front it, it ceases to be one.]

Step inside
she looks for tables left.

["She looks for tables." is a sentence. When you paste "Step inside" to the front it, and "left" to the end it ceases to be one.]

Wink at time
nothing lasts except yourself.

["Nothing lasts except yourself." is a grammatically incorrect sentence. NoTHING does not correspond to YOUrself. Either an "em dash" or a semicolon should appear after "time." Otherwise you, again turn a potential sentence into gibberish.]

Wink at time
nothing lasts except yourself.

[And repeat.]

Like a Steamboat
she plans to roll on down.
To the Gulf
out of this dirty town.

["Steamboat" is only capitalized when it is the first word of a sentence. There should be a comma after "steamboat," an "em dash" or semicolon after "Gulf," and no period after down (or capital "T" for "to"). "Like a steamboat, she plans to roll on down to the Gulf -- out of this dirty town."]

Copper mesh
kept stuffed in a jar.

[Incomplete sentence.]

Sharp cold hit
turning wine to water.

[Incomplete sentence.]

Sharp cold hit
turning wine to water.

[Ditto.]

We know him
eye deed by his ship.

"We know him." would be a sentence, if the second line of gibberish weren't following it. Wtf is "eye deed"? Yes, I get that its a phonetic homophone for I.D.'d but even so ... wtf is "eye deed?"]

In a trap
a kind of goosechase trip.

[Incomplete sentence.]

Whiskey fumes
and stale gunsmoke.

[Incomplete sentence.]

Sunk and drowned
with all her knives and jokes.

[Incomplete sentence.]

Sunk and drowned
with all her knives and jokes.

[Incomplete sentence.]

Sleeps so tight
she has a marksman's eye.
Maker's mark
tattoo firewater spine.
Leather shoes
but nowhere to go.

[See above.]

If you're going to use periods, then you have to have complete sentences. A period necessitates a sentence. If you are writing a loosely-related series of thought associations, then no end punctuation is needed, because there are no sentences to end.

Will Dockery

Aug 18, 2018, 5:19:32 PM8/18/18
Thanks, Pendragon... I just used a George Dance edit of one of my poems, and your examination is similarly helpful

Michael Pendragon

Aug 18, 2018, 10:18:42 PM8/18/18
On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 5:19:32 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> Thanks, Pendragon... I just used a George Dance edit of one of my poems, and your examination is similarly helpful

Btw, you don't credit a poem's editor under the poem. That elevates him to the status of a collaborator. An editor is credited in the front matter of the book or journal that the poem appears in -- never on the poem.

Norman Bean

Aug 19, 2018, 3:25:42 AM8/19/18
On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 10:45:48 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> She Sleeps Tight
>
> Sleeps so tight
> she has a marksman's eye.
> Maker's mark
> tattoo firewater spine.
> Leather shoes
> but nowhere to go.
>
> Dice and coins
> scattered in the snow.
> Dice and coins
> scattered in the snow.
>
> Won't be long,
> until I see her face.
> She's waiting
> in an undisclosed place.
> I've been conspired
> banned from my muse.
>
> This won't stick
> poor boy's all confused.
> This won't stick
> poor boy's all confused.
>
> In Salem town
> she keeps her chin so high.
> Darkened breeze
> she smiles as I roll by.
> Step inside
> she looks for tables left.
>
> Wink at time
> nothing lasts except yourself.
> Wink at time
> nothing lasts except yourself.
>
> Like a Steamboat
> she plans to roll on down.
> To the Gulf
> out of this dirty town.
> Copper mesh
> kept stuffed in a jar.
>
> Sharp cold hit
> turning wine to water.
> Sharp cold hit
> turning wine to water.
>
> We know him
> eye deed by his ship.
> In a trap
> a kind of goosechase trip.
> Whiskey fumes
> and stale gunsmoke.
>
> Sunk and drowned
> with all her knives and jokes.
> Sunk and drowned
> with all her knives and jokes.
>
> Sleeps so tight
> she has a marksman's eye.
> Maker's mark
> tattoo firewater spine.
> Leather shoes
> but nowhere to go.
>
> -Will Dockery
>
> --
> She Sleeps Tight / Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uGY157cpiU&t=49s
>
> "She Sleeps Tight", vocals by Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris, guitars by Brian
> Mallard. Paintings by George Sulzbach.

And that art s for sell either new works or old ones.....

Will Dockery

Aug 19, 2018, 3:17:23 PM8/19/18
As I wrote yesterday:
And after all this, what does NG do?

Posts a stand alone critique of Zod's illustration of me... without linking to the art:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f0/2b/62/f02b62050448024257fcfa0c22664393.jpg

Thanks for proving my point for me, NG.

:)

Will Dockery

Aug 20, 2018, 7:36:20 PM8/20/18
Good luck with all that... and btw, you are a hot topic here on the group again, they are more obsessed with you than me.

:)

BPJ

Aug 20, 2018, 7:44:22 PM8/20/18
Hey ZOD, remember me...I sent you fifty and you ate on it with your boys after you got evicted.....just before you brained Dave with a pipe......FF has another fifty for you in his pocket...says he wants to give it to me...but I want you to have it..you see that fifty is mine to do with what I want..and I want to buy one of your paintings...signed of course....whadya say ZOD.....

Will Dockery

Aug 20, 2018, 8:47:27 PM8/20/18
If that's really where you want the money to go, I can mail it to Zod's brother to pass along to him.

Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di

BPJ

Aug 20, 2018, 8:50:20 PM8/20/18
On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 8:47:27 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> If that's really where you want the money to go, I can mail it to Zod's brother to pass along to him.

Fuck off...I want ZOD to respond....you got him on a leash?

Will Dockery

Aug 20, 2018, 8:55:07 PM8/20/18
No, but I have the money order.

I do control that much.

😀

Michael Pendragon

Aug 20, 2018, 9:00:21 PM8/20/18
On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 8:55:07 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> No, but I have the money order.
>
> I do control that much.

You're holding it over Zod's head?

BPJ

Aug 20, 2018, 9:00:41 PM8/20/18
On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 8:55:07 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> No, but I have the money order.
>
> I do control that much.
>
> 😀

Then tell that guy to respond.....unless, of course, wet brain has set in.

Michael Pendragon

Aug 20, 2018, 9:08:10 PM8/20/18
Zod is dead.
He froze last Winter behind Will's shed.
But Willy knows that he can pose
As Zod for years ... and so it goes.

Will Dockery

Aug 20, 2018, 10:00:19 PM8/20/18
If you want Zod to have the money order I can mail it to his brother to give to him, Jim.

BPJ

Aug 20, 2018, 10:03:01 PM8/20/18
On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 10:00:19 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> If you want Zod to have the money order I can mail it to his brother to give to him,...

NO I want your buddy to respond right here...why is that a problem...he is here all night with silly remarks...what the fuck are you hiding?

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Aug 20, 2018, 10:03:59 PM8/20/18
BPJ <blackpo...@gmail.com> wrote in
"ZOD" is on another mobile gizmo, silly.

"It is truly KOOKY to be so obsessed with someone's success and your
inability to defeat them, that you parade around as them." Edmo,
explaining his use of all his sockpuppets.
This signature was made by SigChanger.
You can find SigChanger at: http://www.phranc.nl/

BPJ

Aug 20, 2018, 10:07:00 PM8/20/18
No...I do believe now that ZOD ,never knew of any money..was taken to steak under the guise of FF's treat.....he will not respond....here....something isn't making sense....

Will Dockery

Aug 20, 2018, 10:08:47 PM8/20/18
If he wants to converse with you, I reckon he knows how.

:)

Will Dockery

Aug 20, 2018, 10:09:52 PM8/20/18
On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 9:08:10 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> Zod is dead.
> He froze last Winter behind Will's shed.

No, this is the Deep South, it never gets that cold down here.

:)

BPJ

Aug 20, 2018, 10:12:49 PM8/20/18
So he wont respond even if there is a fifty for him...you're a liar....it's real easy.....rather than say stupid thing to you, tell him to say stupid things to me....is he down in Florida....?

Will Dockery

Aug 20, 2018, 10:14:31 PM8/20/18
On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 10:07:00 PM UTC-4, BPJ wrote:

> No...I do believe now that ZOD ,never knew of any money..was taken to steak under the guise of FF's treat.....he will not respond....here....something isn't making sense....

Zod left this group once because of all the negativity, so I don't blame him for skipping most posts here.

:)

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Aug 20, 2018, 10:15:16 PM8/20/18

> On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 10:03:59 PM UTC-4, Cujo DeSockpuppet
> wrote:
>> BPJ <blackpo...@gmail.com> wrote in

>> > Fuck off...I want ZOD to respond....you got him on a leash?
>>
>> "ZOD" is on another mobile gizmo, silly.
>
> No...I do believe now that ZOD ,never knew of any money..was taken to
> steak under the guise of FF's treat.....he will not
> respond....here....something isn't making sense....

I'm not sure why the Dreckweasel would drag him along in that case.

"I am no longer posting and all messages you see are forgeries." - Ed,
still lying after all these years.

Will Dockery

Aug 20, 2018, 10:15:54 PM8/20/18
On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 10:12:49 PM UTC-4, BPJ wrote:

> So he wont respond even if there is a fifty for him

You and your fifty... all bullshit, Jimmy.

Will Dockery

Aug 20, 2018, 10:18:56 PM8/20/18
I have for fifty right here, and it needs to go in your hands, Jim.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37760862_10156783856829363_6519414820914069504_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5e6c9ab363915e9e8a8cc32ca6b4fbc9&oe=5BF1A601

I'm tired of all the middle man bullshit... take your fifty and do with it what you want.

:)

BPJ

Aug 20, 2018, 10:25:11 PM8/20/18
Is that what you think fat man......Zod doesn't need fifty in you filthy pocket.....tell that clown to answer me..why do you speak for him...

you say he's in Florida....brother..same name I assume....St Augustine was mentioned....l'll go to the source...

Did you say you would send that MO to his brother? Is that bullshit as well.....St. Augustine...got it fat man......

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Aug 20, 2018, 10:32:33 PM8/20/18
Will Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in
What the fuck is a corpse doing holding that?

"....your harassment will probably endure until I get around to punishing
you into a legal and economic pulp, hence, I have no need to rush the
legal actions." - Ed explains why it's still February of 2002.

Will Dockery

Aug 20, 2018, 10:40:32 PM8/20/18
I have the $$$ here, I can mail it tomorrow... his brother can get it to Zod.

:)

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Aug 20, 2018, 10:49:12 PM8/20/18

> I have the $$$ here, I can mail it tomorrow... his brother can get it
> to Zod.

I'd be willing to accept it and then donate it to a no-kill animal shelter.

Fifty bucks buys a lot of premium food at cost (about 120 bucks retail).

Just saying.

"I am an authority, and I do not force my views on others like you do." -
Edmo, after citing his crappy website as an authority, shows how much sleep
he got in Logic 101.
It is loading more messages.