Monkey Shines

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 11, 2022, 9:54:30 AM2/11/22
Monkey Shines

Round this newsgroup's sorry remains
the monkey mocked the donkey.
The monkey though himself quite the wag,
and donkey a fine target.

A penny for a silly verse,
A nickel for an insult.
That's how Usenet went downhill.
Don't troll the donkey.

Will Dockery

Feb 11, 2022, 10:01:08 AM2/11/22
Good morning, Karen, Eeyore actually was one of my favorite Pooh characters.

Speaking of Pooh, I was such a fan around 1966, my mother baked me an orange Winnie the Pooh themed cake for my birthday, wonderful memories, thanks for stirring them.

Edward Rochester Esq.

Feb 11, 2022, 10:13:11 AM2/11/22
That's what you got from ktell's post?

NancyGene

Feb 11, 2022, 10:16:14 AM2/11/22
"I, my, me, my"

Edward Rochester Esq.

Feb 11, 2022, 10:17:52 AM2/11/22
Dry Drunk.

Will Dockery

Feb 11, 2022, 10:21:49 AM2/11/22
Pretty much everything.

Edward Rochester Esq.

Feb 11, 2022, 10:24:14 AM2/11/22
case closed.

Will Dockery

Feb 11, 2022, 10:27:12 AM2/11/22
For once we agree.

Edward Rochester Esq.

Feb 11, 2022, 10:32:15 AM2/11/22
No, you don't even know what I'm saying or what ktell was saying.

Will Dockery

Feb 11, 2022, 10:49:36 AM2/11/22
On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 10:17:52 AM UTC-5, Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:

> > > That's what you got from ktell's post?
>
> Dry Drunk.

Something they told you at your AA meetings, Senetto?

🙂

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2022, 11:27:31 AM2/11/22
On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 9:54:30 AM UTC-5, ktell...@gmail.com wrote:
Wheezy Weasels

Will Dockery

Feb 11, 2022, 11:57:16 AM2/11/22
Yes, I do.

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2022, 12:04:12 PM2/11/22
What part of “DON’T TROLL THE DONKEY.” do you not understand?!?

Will Dockery

Feb 11, 2022, 12:13:04 PM2/11/22
Exactly.

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2022, 1:41:25 PM2/11/22
Apparently, the assertion of, “Don’t troll the donkey.” is a donkey troll unto itself.

Will Dockery

Feb 11, 2022, 2:44:34 PM2/11/22
Depending on how you define "troll".

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2022, 3:19:34 PM2/11/22
It’s the donkey’s definition that matters. It’s all about the donkey.

Will Dockery

Feb 11, 2022, 3:33:00 PM2/11/22
Not really.

General Zod

Feb 11, 2022, 5:22:57 PM2/11/22
On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 9:54:30 AM UTC-5, ktell...@gmail.com wrote:

Interesting poem as always K....

W.Dockery

Feb 11, 2022, 11:10:07 PM2/11/22
I liked it, as well.

The two characters seem familiar.

Will Dockery

Feb 11, 2022, 11:38:46 PM2/11/22
Animal crackers.

Will Dockery

Feb 12, 2022, 12:19:12 AM2/12/22
Look at the characters in the poem.

Recognize either of them?

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2022, 6:47:38 AM2/12/22
Pop goes the weasel.

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 12, 2022, 8:15:43 AM2/12/22
because he ate some teasel.
That stuff is so prickly
it made the weasel sickly.

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 12, 2022, 8:19:17 AM2/12/22

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2022, 8:39:58 AM2/12/22
Roger that! BWAHAHAHAHA!1!
https://youtu.be/qwGX-zkenzo
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 12, 2022, 12:47:51 PM2/12/22
The Pastor ran faster.

Zod

Feb 12, 2022, 3:33:08 PM2/12/22
On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 10:01:08 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 9:54:30 AM UTC-5, ktell...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > Monkey Shines
> >
> > Round this newsgroup's sorry remains
> > the monkey mocked the donkey.
> > The monkey though himself quite the wag,
> > and donkey a fine target.
> >
> > A penny for a silly verse,
> > A nickel for an insult.
> > That's how Usenet went downhill.
> > Don't troll the donkey.
> Good morning, Karen, Eeyore actually was one of my favorite Pooh characters.
>
> Speaking of Pooh, I was such a fan around 1966, my mother baked me an orange Winnie the Pooh themed cake for my birthday, wonderful memories, thanks for stirring them.

This would make a great poem...

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 12, 2022, 4:13:57 PM2/12/22
I agree with Zod, this would make a nice tribute to your mother.

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2022, 5:59:41 PM2/12/22
Karen’s poem is set to the rhythm of Pop
goes the weasel. What are you talking about?

Michael Pendragon

Feb 12, 2022, 7:30:57 PM2/12/22
Maw baked a cake when I was ate,
She told me it was "Pooh."
And even though I licked the plate
I knowed that it was true.

NancyGene

Feb 12, 2022, 7:43:50 PM2/12/22
Ha, ha, brilliant poem.

ME

Feb 12, 2022, 7:49:10 PM2/12/22
Indeed......

Michael Pendragon

Feb 12, 2022, 9:44:46 PM2/12/22
Thanks, NancyGene and ME.

I'm calling it "Pooh Cake Montage."

Edward Rochester Esq.

Feb 12, 2022, 9:49:23 PM2/12/22
:-)

Ash Wurthing

Feb 12, 2022, 11:26:21 PM2/12/22
Donkey sees what monkeys do
and even without monkeys doing
Donkey will continue trolling-
for that's all he knows to do

Will Dockery

Feb 13, 2022, 12:37:13 AM2/13/22
On Saturday, February 12, 2022 at 4:13:57 PM UTC-5, ktell...@gmail.com wrote:
Thanks, I can see that, as well.

Ash Wurthing

Feb 13, 2022, 12:58:29 AM2/13/22
stirring the grey matter, wouldn't that be a lobotomy?

W.Dockery

Feb 13, 2022, 1:56:49 AM2/13/22
That probably would, but I don't write that.

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2022, 6:17:58 AM2/13/22
Round and round the rugged rock the ragged rascals ran.

Will Dockery

Feb 13, 2022, 7:18:11 AM2/13/22
Yes, perhaps.

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 13, 2022, 8:23:24 AM2/13/22

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 13, 2022, 8:25:01 AM2/13/22
The monkey though himself quite the wag.

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 13, 2022, 8:25:46 AM2/13/22
On Saturday, February 12, 2022 at 11:26:21 PM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
and monkey brought a cousin.

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2022, 8:39:56 AM2/13/22
“Chilled monkey brains”
https://youtu.be/wAZ6dSIMivk

Ash Wurthing

Feb 13, 2022, 10:42:22 AM2/13/22
well then, seeing a monkey calling monkey, flinging poetry about monkeys and donkey...
so when in the zoo, do what the monkeys do, since we cannot troll the donkey, well then it will be the bold monkey- what better past time is there to do? better than settling for a donkey show, although it's still a shit throwing show

Donkey sees what monkeys do
so even without monkeys doing
donkey will continue spewing-

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 13, 2022, 2:27:40 PM2/13/22
Monkeys have opposable thumbs,
and donkeys only four solid hooves.
How can a donkey fling equine dung
without any fingers?

NancyGene

Feb 13, 2022, 2:37:30 PM2/13/22
Explosive diarrhea

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 13, 2022, 2:59:58 PM2/13/22
Good answer!

NancyGene

Feb 13, 2022, 3:13:23 PM2/13/22
Thanks. BTW, if you are interested, we have an opening in the House of Wenches--paid by the word. Scheherazade steered it into a long-term gig.

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 13, 2022, 3:17:20 PM2/13/22
Maybe, but I'm not sure I can keep up with you. I can be funny, but you are the grand doyen.

NancyGene

Feb 13, 2022, 3:18:58 PM2/13/22
Thanks, but we would have individual clients--we could do it "you split, I choose."

ME

Feb 13, 2022, 3:22:37 PM2/13/22
Ha ha ha ha ha...

That cracked ME up

stars news

Feb 13, 2022, 3:40:08 PM2/13/22
PROPOSAL OF OUR DIAMANDO WATCHES AND JEWELERY STORE
Our boutique is located in the heart of New York's jewelry district and is open Monday through Friday 11am to 7pm. IS. Worldwide Shipping.
Our catalog is extensive, comprising over 20 unique pieces of diamond jewelry and designer watches. Our unrivaled selection of men's jewelry sets the bar higher for the entire industry. Our specialty is the manufacture and wholesale of premium diamond jewelry and watches. We offer a full selection of diamond jewelry for men and women in a variety of settings, including round and micro set diamonds and princess cut diamonds in rare invisible settings, and our jewelry is available in a variety of precious metals. , including 10K white gold. , 14K and 18K, yellow gold and rose gold (also called rose gold or red gold) in addition to sterling silver and platinum.
Perhaps most importantly, we're always available, day or night, to answer your questions and resolve any issues that may arise. Our customer support line works hard 24/7 which makes us kind of an anomaly - in the best possible way! - within our industry. We will continue to do what we do, dedicating our heart and soul to our jewelry business, because that is what we believe is right. When you want jewelry backed by impeccable service, you know where to come!
SELECT YOUR CURRENCY
Australian dollar (A $)
Pound sterling (£)
Canadian dollar (CA $)
Euro (€)
Japanese yen (¥)
US dollar ($)
For pricing and purchase, please login via the link below 👇
https://www.itshot.com/?A=3114

NancyGene

Feb 13, 2022, 3:41:46 PM2/13/22
As a charter member of the House of Wenches, ME, you will agree that the method works well. Did you get your DIAMANDO watch yet? They were sent out for Valentine's Day.

ME

Feb 13, 2022, 3:49:28 PM2/13/22
I do love receiving your gifts

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 13, 2022, 4:06:32 PM2/13/22
Oh, but I prefer rubies and emeralds. What sort of clients? I'm fussy.

NancyGene

Feb 13, 2022, 4:19:49 PM2/13/22
Okay on the rubies and emeralds. Our new friend jeweler Jaouad will send you a catalogue. (jaouad.stars88ATgmail.com)

We have only the finest of clients, no donkeys or monkeys.

Will Dockery

Feb 13, 2022, 5:25:25 PM2/13/22
"He dresses like a queen but he can kick like a mule." -David Bowie

Michael Pendragon

Feb 13, 2022, 11:06:43 PM2/13/22
Are you confessing that you dress like a queen?

(Oh, right... I remember that picture from LeGents.)

TMI, Donkey... TMI...

Will Dockery

Feb 14, 2022, 12:39:28 AM2/14/22
No, I was quoting David Bowie.

Michael Pendragon

Feb 14, 2022, 1:54:52 AM2/14/22
A propos to what?

Will Dockery

Feb 14, 2022, 2:16:13 AM2/14/22
A mule reference, you shit slinging monkey.

🙂

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2022, 6:07:09 AM2/14/22
On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 1:54:52 AM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
Donkeys envy mules their hoarseness.

Michael Pendragon

Feb 14, 2022, 7:33:48 AM2/14/22
And a mule reference is a propos to what, Donkey?

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2022, 7:37:59 AM2/14/22
Isn’t apropos one word?

Michael Pendragon

Feb 14, 2022, 7:49:33 AM2/14/22
Both variations are considered acceptable.

Will Dockery

Feb 14, 2022, 7:49:56 AM2/14/22
Good point, Pastor Corey.

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 14, 2022, 8:27:02 AM2/14/22
What about hinnies, they're stubborn too.

Will Dockery

Feb 14, 2022, 8:33:30 AM2/14/22
With my bad eyesight, it looked like you had written "bunnies" at first.

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2022, 8:39:49 AM2/14/22
Who exactly considers both variations acceptable?
Aren’t you supposed to use an accent sign above
the a, if you choose to spell it your way? Curious.

Will Dockery

Feb 14, 2022, 9:27:35 AM2/14/22
Like I said, I learn something new every day.

NancyGene

Feb 14, 2022, 9:37:46 AM2/14/22
Michael speaks French without an accent.

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 14, 2022, 9:44:25 AM2/14/22
Oh, bunnies are completely different; they eat bunny poop.

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2022, 10:21:56 AM2/14/22
Merci beaucoup.

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2022, 10:27:46 AM2/14/22
C’est merveilleux! Je suis tellement heureux pour vous!

Will Dockery

Feb 14, 2022, 10:54:51 AM2/14/22
I didn't know that.

Ash Wurthing

Feb 14, 2022, 4:30:19 PM2/14/22
This is how Ash speaks French

Les Litanies de Satan (Baudelaire)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGveqSjmz18

NancyGene

Feb 14, 2022, 4:45:15 PM2/14/22
Merde!

Will Dockery

Feb 15, 2022, 4:15:34 AM2/15/22
On Saturday, February 12, 2022 at 4:13:57 PM UTC-5, ktell...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, February 12, 2022 at 3:33:08 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:

> > > Good morning, Karen, Eeyore actually was one of my favorite Pooh characters.
> > >
> > > Speaking of Pooh, I was such a fan around 1966, my mother baked me an orange Winnie the Pooh themed cake for my birthday, wonderful memories, thanks for stirring them.
> > This would make a great poem...
> I agree with Zod, this would make a nice tribute to your mother.

I think you're right, and I'm thinking about making it my next sonnet attempt.

Michael Pendragon

Feb 15, 2022, 7:27:39 AM2/15/22
HELPFUL HINT #1: A sonnet has 14 (not 7) lines.

HELPFUL HINT #2: That's all the fingers on both of your hands, and all of the little piggies on one of your feet (except for the one who cried "Wee-wee-wee" all the way home).

Will Dockery

Feb 15, 2022, 7:46:48 AM2/15/22
On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 7:27:39 AM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 4:15:34 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > I agree with Zod, this would make a nice tribute to your mother.
> >
> > I think you're right, and I'm thinking about making it my next sonnet attempt.
> HELPFUL HINT #1: A sonnet has 14 (not 7) lines.

No shit, Sherlock.

Michael Pendragon

Feb 15, 2022, 2:20:42 PM2/15/22
Um... it couldn't have been obvious to you, Donkey... or have you forgotten that you thought Karen's 7 line poem was a sonnet?

Will Dockery

Feb 15, 2022, 4:32:50 PM2/15/22
She called it a sonnet so I took her word.

I'll bump my two successful sonnets up if you want to do a serious critique, you shit slinging monkey.

🙂

Michael Pendragon

Feb 15, 2022, 9:39:38 PM2/15/22
She called it a "Halfwit's Sonnet," you halfwit.

jdcha...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2022, 12:23:59 AM2/16/22
On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 2:27:40 PM UTC-5, ktell...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 10:42:22 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> > well then, seeing a monkey calling monkey, flinging poetry about monkeys and donkey...
> > so when in the zoo, do what the monkeys do, since we cannot troll the donkey, well then it will be the bold monkey- what better past time is there to do? better than settling for a donkey show, although it's still a shit throwing show
> > Donkey sees what monkeys do
> > so even without monkeys doing
> > donkey will continue spewing-
> > for that's all he knows to do
> Monkeys have opposable thumbs,
> and donkeys only four solid hooves.
> How can a donkey fling equine dung
> without any fingers?

I saw a monkey masturbating at the zoo during a class trip. I wanted to reach in and help the poor little guy.

Will Dockery

Feb 16, 2022, 12:52:37 AM2/16/22
On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 12:23:59 AM UTC-5, fake jdcha...@gmail.com forged:
> On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 2:27:40 PM UTC-5, ktell...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 10:42:22 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
>
> > > well then, seeing a monkey calling monkey, flinging poetry about monkeys and donkey...
> > > so when in the zoo, do what the monkeys do, since we cannot troll the donkey, well then it will be the bold monkey- what better past time is there to do? better than settling for a donkey show, although it's still a shit throwing show
> > > Donkey sees what monkeys do
> > > so even without monkeys doing
> > > donkey will continue spewing-
> > > for that's all he knows to do
> > Monkeys have opposable thumbs,
> > and donkeys only four solid hooves.
> > How can a donkey fling equine dung
> > without any fingers?
> I saw a monkey xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Forgery ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2022, 5:50:15 AM2/16/22
It’s a dummy sonnet, as opposed to a Demi-sonnet, which is similar, but different.

Will Dockery

Feb 16, 2022, 6:16:40 AM2/16/22
In your opinion.

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2022, 6:24:39 AM2/16/22
Huh? So, do you think Karen’s dummy sonnet is actually a demi-sonnet in disguise?

Karen Tellefsen

Feb 16, 2022, 6:31:36 AM2/16/22
Corey was making a a dumb poet joke, mostly for me and George.

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2022, 6:40:15 AM2/16/22
Correction: I made a dumb joke about a couple of poems
for your entertainment. You and George are no dummies.

Will Dockery

Feb 16, 2022, 7:15:31 AM2/16/22
I haven't thought about it that closely yet.

hierony...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2022, 7:21:01 AM2/16/22
Really? I’m pretty much done thinking about it myself.
I’ll probably mark the thread as spam pretty soon, just
so I won’t have to see it anymore, and move on to new
threads, thoughts and whatever may follow after that.

Will Dockery

Feb 16, 2022, 8:29:30 AM2/16/22
Your choice.

hierony...@gmail.com