Re: Ping: Robert and Michael

Message has been deleted

Michael Pendragon

Nov 17, 2022, 8:40:08 AM11/17/22
On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 6:46:43 AM UTC-5, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> George Dance:
>
> Bottom line this time: it worked. Thanks to Robert's and Michael's
> > > distraction, I didn't see the Chimp's "challenge". Which allowed his to
> > > pretend that he'd won, and proved his superiority as a poet, without
> > > having to actually write anything.
>
> This Mensa man has some serious issues.

Paranoia with a resultant persecution complex.

This can be the result of excessive marijuana use, or it may stem from deeper, psychological issues.

I remember George saying that as a boy, he'd have to lie in bed with his pajama pants pulled down each night while he waited for his father to come in to beat him.
Message has been deleted

George J. Dance

Nov 21, 2022, 12:56:21 AM11/21/22
NO, you don't remember any such thing. PPoSTFU.

Message has been deleted

Spam-I-Am

Nov 21, 2022, 4:50:07 AM11/21/22
On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 4:44:34 AM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
> > I remember George saying that as a boy, he'd have to lie in bed with his pajama pants pulled down each night while he waited for his father to come in to beat him.
> "Fecal smearing is a sign of (______) abuse in children...

Plonk.
Message has been deleted

Spam-I-Am

Nov 21, 2022, 5:18:48 AM11/21/22
On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 5:13:05 AM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
> I deserved that plonking, thanks.
> George brings out the plonker in me...
>
> https://youtu.be/GNgz2dA0n88

We are the company we keep, and our actions can not only influence
how other people see us, but whether or not other people see us at all.
I don’t need to read shit like that, and can’t imagine anyone who does.

Will Dockery

Nov 21, 2022, 5:20:07 AM11/21/22
On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 4:44:34 AM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
> Michael Pendragon wrote;
>
> > I remember George saying that as a boy, he'd have to lie in bed with his pajama pants pulled down each night while he waited for his father to come in to beat him.
> "Fecal smearing is a sign of (______) abuse in children...

Good description of Michael Pendragon, the shit slinging little monkey.

🙂

Spam-I-Am

Nov 21, 2022, 5:24:27 AM11/21/22
Good description of what you just did right there.

Will Dockery

Nov 21, 2022, 5:26:19 AM11/21/22
You're entitled to your opinion, even wrong ones, Pastor Corey.

🙂

Spam-I-Am

Nov 21, 2022, 5:31:42 AM11/21/22
Of course, as is everyone. Shit slinging is an equal opportunity activity.
You talking shit about Michael talking shit is whole a lot of shit talking.

Will Dockery

Nov 21, 2022, 5:33:38 AM11/21/22
Look who's talking (slinging).

🙂

Spam-I-Am

Nov 21, 2022, 5:47:40 AM11/21/22
Exactly. People look. People see.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 21, 2022, 5:59:11 AM11/21/22
Something we can agree on.

🙂

Spam-I-Am

Nov 21, 2022, 6:03:05 AM11/21/22
Duh, otay.

Will Dockery

Nov 21, 2022, 6:07:16 AM11/21/22
Great, now go have a nice day, Corey.

🙂

Spam-I-Am

Nov 21, 2022, 6:10:17 AM11/21/22
Cool, I think I’m done with this thread.

Will Dockery

Nov 21, 2022, 6:12:00 AM11/21/22
Again, something we can agree on, Corey.

🙂

W-Dockery

Nov 21, 2022, 11:06:03 AM11/21/22
Typical Michael Pendragon, a combination of poor memory and lying.

HTH and HAND.

George J. Dance

Nov 21, 2022, 1:38:21 PM11/21/22
On 2022-11-21 5:13 a.m., Robert Burrows wrote:
> On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 4:50:07 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> I deserved that plonking, thanks.
> George brings out the plonker in me...
>
> https://youtu.be/GNgz2dA0n88

Why are you trying to blame me for your interest in "fecal smearing,"
Robert?

Will Dockery

Nov 21, 2022, 1:47:57 PM11/21/22
He's projecting, since he's the one who joined the shit slinging little monkey team.

HTH and HAND.

Coco DeSockmonkey

Nov 21, 2022, 1:52:40 PM11/21/22
Don't be such a dunce, George.

The archives are easily searchable.

Here's the quote:

Lights out, in bed by nine each night:
Some nights wanting to pee with fright,
Face and pajama bottoms down
Where for my father's belt I'd wait.

Here's the link:

https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/JMaPb2xVZyU/m/NFVZaZzaUgoJ?hl=en

Why do you lie so much, George?

Spam-I-Am

Nov 21, 2022, 1:55:57 PM11/21/22
On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 1:38:21 PM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
He’s comparing your writing to shit. Learn to read.

W-Dockery

Nov 21, 2022, 4:24:28 PM11/21/22
Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:

> George Dance:
>
> Bottom line this time: it worked. Thanks to Robert's and Michael's
>> > distraction, I didn't see the Chimp's "challenge". Which allowed his to
>> > pretend that he'd won, and proved his superiority as a poet, without
>> > having to actually write anything.

> This Mensa man has some serious issues.

> ..

Look who's talking.

🙂

George J. Dance

Nov 21, 2022, 5:12:44 PM11/21/22
On 2022-11-21 1:52 p.m., Coco DeSockmonkey wrote:
> On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 12:56:21 AM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:

>>> Paranoia with a resultant persecution complex.
>>>
>>> This can be the result of excessive marijuana use, or it may stem from deeper, psychological issues.
>>>
>>> I remember George saying that as a boy, he'd have to lie in bed with his pajama pants pulled down each night while he waited for his father to come in to beat him.
>> NO, you don't remember any such thing. PPoSTFU.
>
> Don't be such a dunce, George.
>
> The archives are easily searchable.
>
> Here's the quote:
>
> Lights out, in bed by nine each night:
> Some nights wanting to pee with fright,
> Face and pajama bottoms down
> Where for my father's belt I'd wait.

As I suspected, Michael, it was something you'd found in one of my
poems. Why did you claim it was something I'd told you happened to me,
instead?
I'm familiar with my own poems, Michael. But thank you for giving a link
to one.

> Why do you lie so much, George?

why do you project so much, Michael?

Will Dockery

Nov 21, 2022, 5:30:20 PM11/21/22
Pendragon will try any dirty trick to try and win a flame war, as he's admitted.

HTH and HAND.

ME

Nov 21, 2022, 7:29:39 PM11/21/22
Oh, by George, why do you project so much?
And lie so much…?

W.Dockery

Nov 21, 2022, 9:35:17 PM11/21/22
On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 1:52:40 PM UTC-5, cocodeso...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 12:56:21 AM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:

> > > Paranoia with a resultant persecution complex.
> > >
> > > This can be the result of excessive marijuana use, or it may stem from deeper, psychological issues.
> > >
> > > I remember George saying that as a boy, he'd have to lie in bed with his pajama pants pulled down each night while he waited for his father to come in to beat him.
> > NO, you don't remember any such thing. PPoSTFU.
> Don't be such a dunce, George.
>
> The archives are easily searchable.
>
> Here's the quote:
>
> Lights out, in bed by nine each night:
> Some nights wanting to pee with fright,
> Face and pajama bottoms down
> Where for my father's belt I'd wait.

"Do not mistake the speaker in the poem with the writer of the poem." -Karla Rogers

HTH and HAND.

W.Dockery

Nov 21, 2022, 10:25:33 PM11/21/22
George asked Pendragon that first.

🙂

W.Dockery

Nov 22, 2022, 6:35:50 AM11/22/22
Spam-I-Am wrote:

> On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 1:38:21 PM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
>> >
>> > I deserved that plonking, thanks.
>> > George brings out the plonker in me...
>> >
>> > https://youtu.be/GNgz2dA0n88
>> Why are you trying to blame me for your interest in "fecal smearing,"
>> Robert?

> He’s comparing

Robert is on the monkey team, so shit slinging is required of him.

HTH and HAND.

Spam-I-Am

Nov 22, 2022, 6:59:42 AM11/22/22
I totally get it, thank you for clarifying.
Bad, Robert. Bad, bad, poo poo, Robert.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 22, 2022, 7:48:19 AM11/22/22
On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 7:46:11 AM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 6:35:50 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> And Will Dockery is the co-captain
> of Team Scatolia. HTH and go wash
> your HAND(s).

Why do you lie and misrepresent so much, Robert Burrows'?

🙂
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 22, 2022, 7:58:49 AM11/22/22
Robert Burrows wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 7:48:19 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > And Will Dockery is xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Why do you lie and misrepresent so much, Robert Burrows'?
>>
>> 🙂

> Where's the lie

What you wrote.

HTH and HAND.

Spam-I-Am

Nov 22, 2022, 8:02:44 AM11/22/22
Oh, poo to you two too!

Michael Pendragon

Nov 22, 2022, 8:16:40 AM11/22/22
On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 5:12:44 PM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
From the same thread:

"The boy is a composite; largely based on my own experience...and most of
the boys (in my family) were subject to corporal punishment." -- George J. Dance

Spam-I-Am

Nov 22, 2022, 8:16:59 AM11/22/22
Though you may not know what I mean
by all the shit I’ve wiped on your screen,
but having seen it now, in present tense,
you know my shit makes a lot of scents.

ME

Nov 22, 2022, 8:46:18 AM11/22/22
Michael, thank you for setting the record straight and posting proof of dance’s dishonesty.

Michael Pendragon

Nov 22, 2022, 8:52:35 AM11/22/22
Thank you, ME. Dance debunked again.

Will Dockery

Nov 22, 2022, 11:01:09 AM11/22/22
That's probably just your upper lip you smell, Corey.

🙂

Coco DeSockmonkey

Nov 22, 2022, 11:02:31 AM11/22/22
Or perhaps he's downwind of General Stink... that stench really travels.

Will Dockery

Nov 22, 2022, 11:07:17 AM11/22/22
Obsess over Zod much, Pendragon?

🙂

Coco DeSockmonkey

Nov 22, 2022, 11:13:59 AM11/22/22
If Corey's downwind of him, so am I.

Like I said, that stench really travels.

Spam-I-Am

Nov 22, 2022, 11:14:23 AM11/22/22
Oh, learn to read.

Will Dockery

Nov 22, 2022, 11:22:07 AM11/22/22
I did.

Spam-I-Am

Nov 22, 2022, 11:27:26 AM11/22/22
Sure you did, bubba, sure you did.

Will Dockery

Nov 22, 2022, 11:44:11 AM11/22/22
For once we agree.

🙂

Spam-I-Am

Nov 22, 2022, 11:46:07 AM11/22/22
Sure we do, bubba, sure we do.

Coco DeSockmonkey

Nov 22, 2022, 12:13:46 PM11/22/22
The proof of your illiteracy is evidenced in your response: had you learned to read *and write,* you would have said "I have."

Will Dockery

Nov 22, 2022, 1:00:34 PM11/22/22
Who of our era didn't?

Coco DeSockmonkey

Nov 22, 2022, 1:27:31 PM11/22/22
I never waited in bed with my pajama pants pulled down. Did you?

Will Dockery

Nov 22, 2022, 1:37:03 PM11/22/22
"Don't mistake the speaker in the poem with the writer of the poem." -Karla Rogers

HTH and HAND.

Michael Pendragon

Nov 22, 2022, 1:44:22 PM11/22/22

George J. Dance

Nov 22, 2022, 3:01:30 PM11/22/22
Yes, Michael; I was beaten by my father as a child. That much of your
story was true.

Were you beaten by your father as a child?

Edward Rochester Esq.

Nov 22, 2022, 3:08:57 PM11/22/22
and you were beaten in the political arena as well....answers much on your holier than thou attitude.

Ash Wurthing

Nov 22, 2022, 3:17:18 PM11/22/22
Well Hell, here I thought that was just the stench of shit from the local farms on the wind!

W.Dockery

Nov 22, 2022, 3:37:54 PM11/22/22
Again, who from our era didn't experience corporal punishment in some form?

Coco DeSockmonkey

Nov 22, 2022, 3:41:36 PM11/22/22
Having been beaten by one's father isn't the point. The point is that you were conditioned to lie in your bed with your pajama bottoms pulled down in docile anticipation of a whipping.

IMO, such conditioning would have proved far more harmful to your mental health than a straight-forward beating for having done something wrong.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 22, 2022, 5:59:05 PM11/22/22
On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 4:29:54 PM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
> All kidding aside, that sucks, and I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Agreed.

W.Dockery

Nov 22, 2022, 9:30:20 PM11/22/22
On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 3:01:30 PM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> On 2022-11-22 8:16 a.m., Michael Pendragon wrote:
> > "The boy is a composite; largely based on my own experience...and most of
> > the boys (in my family) were subject to corporal punishment." -- George J. Dance
> Yes, Michael; I was beaten by my father as a child. That much of your
> story was true.
>
> Were you beaten by your father as a child?

Who in our era wasn't?

Even the teachers in our schools whipped children who misbehaved.

ME

Nov 22, 2022, 10:04:14 PM11/22/22
You are trying to equate what dance described as corporal punishment?
You’re as fucking sick as he is, then.

George J. Dance

Nov 22, 2022, 10:43:21 PM11/22/22
On 2022-11-22 4:29 p.m., Robert Burrows wrote:
> All kidding aside, that sucks, and I'm sorry you had to experience that.

IME, corporal punishment was pretty common in that time and plaee, Robert.

You're not that much younger than I am. Were you beaten by your father
as a child?

George J. Dance

Nov 22, 2022, 10:59:28 PM11/22/22
Funny, then, that you're the one that began talking about it. Now, do
you mind answering the question?

> The point is that you were conditioned to lie in your bed with your pajama bottoms pulled down in docile anticipation of a whipping.

The point about that, Michael, is that you found that line in a poem,
and just made up that it had happened to: and then went on to make up
that I'd said it had happened to me.

All you've found that I actually said happen to me is that I'd been
beaten by my father as a child. So, since that is your entire point,
I'll ask you again:

Were you beaten by your father as a child?

George J. Dance

Nov 22, 2022, 11:08:56 PM11/22/22
Actually, STeve, what I described happening to me was corporal
punishment: "The boy is a composite; largely based on my own
experience...and most of the boys (in my family) were subject to
corporal punishment."

> You’re as fucking sick as he is, then.

You think it's sick to "equate" corporal punishment with corporal
punishment? I swear, sometimes you're as stupid as a Senetto.

I swear

jdcha...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2022, 11:25:27 PM11/22/22
On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 8:40:08 AM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 6:46:43 AM UTC-5, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> > George Dance:
> >
> > Bottom line this time: it worked. Thanks to Robert's and Michael's
> >
> > This Mensa man has some serious issues.
>
> Paranoia with a resultant persecution complex.
>
> This can be the result of excessive marijuana use, or it may stem from deeper, psychological issues.
>
> I remember George saying that as a boy, he'd have to lie in bed with his pajama pants pulled down each night while he waited for his father to come in to beat him off.

That reminds me of when I used to slip into young Jordy's room and give him a little nightcap at bedtime. He was such a cute kid.

Michael Pendragon

Nov 23, 2022, 12:00:53 AM11/23/22
That is not all I found by you, George. You said that your poem was "largely based on (your) own experience" and that you were subjected to "corporal punishment."

The two statements, taken in conjunction, strongly imply that the boy lying in bed with his bare ass exposed was George J. Dance.

But why drag this out? If you want to pretend that the bare-assed boy was one of the other boys who provided a much smaller portion of the basis of your poem, now would be the perfect opportunity to do so.

Barring this disclaimer to the contrary, the implication remains.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 23, 2022, 5:12:06 AM11/23/22
The Assistant Principal at our school was the one who paddled the boys who were judged to deserve this form of punishment, and he had more than one paddle, one had holes drilled in it.

I think that the paddles were made by the wood shop instructor.

> I swear

Spam-I-Am

Nov 23, 2022, 5:15:45 AM11/23/22
Our Vice Principal was Mr. Hand.
Mr. Hand had a big hand. That’s
all I remember about Mr. Hand.
It was a very long time ago.

Will Dockery

Nov 23, 2022, 5:29:04 AM11/23/22
Our Principal at Edgewood Elementary was Mr. Hancock.

You can probably imagine the jokes about his name.

I heard Mr. Hancock had some scary paddles but I never did anything bad enough to get sent to the "Office".

Spam-I-Am

Nov 23, 2022, 5:43:33 AM11/23/22
Once upon a time in school,
in front of the whole class,
my teacher said I was a fool
for acting like an ass.

Then my teacher said some things
that I’d rather not mention,
because the thought of them still stings,
plus I had to serve detention.

I learned my lesson.

Spam-I-Am

Nov 23, 2022, 6:24:13 AM11/23/22
My teacher told an embarrassing truth
about the person I’d become
after the innocence of youth,
people would say I’m just plain dumb.

Dumb da dumb dumb.
Dumb da dumb dumb DUMB.

This is dumb, really dumb.

Ladies and gentlemen,

The stories you are about to read are true, really, truly dumb.
The names have not been changed to protect the innocence of youth,
innocent bystanders, or anybody else who thinks they’re innocent, so
be forewarned: Y’all are in for some really truly dumb shit, ya heard?
https://youtu.be/Hj-qhIGTXdU

Will Dockery

Nov 23, 2022, 7:20:07 AM11/23/22
Your fixation with George Dance is noted again.

Spam-I-Am

Nov 23, 2022, 7:26:17 AM11/23/22
Please note my fixation with your fixation on noting his fixation again. Thanks.

Ash Wurthing

Nov 23, 2022, 7:49:26 AM11/23/22
FIXATION NOTED. sWill, you're so fixated on trying to tell everyone else that they're supposedly fixated that you end up looking like the one who's fixated.

And if someone is fixated because they're either engaging with, fighting with or criticizing someone-- then you and Zod are the most fixated people in AAPC. You fight with EVERYONE here, often repeating yourselves for months with twice as many posts than everyone else combined-- now that's fixation.

George J. Dance

Nov 23, 2022, 8:44:55 AM11/23/22
Non-answer #1

>> Funny, then, that you're the one that began talking about it. Now, do
>> you mind answering the question?

Non-answer #2

>>> The point is that you were conditioned to lie in your bed with your pajama bottoms pulled down in docile anticipation of a whipping.
>> The point about that, Michael, is that you found that line in a poem,
>> and just made up that it had happened to: and then went on to make up
>> that I'd said it had happened to me.
>>
>> All you've found that I actually said happen to me is that I'd been
>> beaten by my father as a child. So, since that is your entire point,
>> I'll ask you again:
>> Were you beaten by your father as a child?

Non-answer #3

> That is not all I found by you, George. You said that your poem was "largely based on (your) own experience" and that you were subjected to "corporal punishment."

That is the quotation we've been discussing, Michael. But we haven't
commented on the "largely based ..." quotation.

> The two statements, taken in conjunction, strongly imply that the boy lying in bed with his bare ass exposed was George J. Dance.

No, Michael, they really don't. "Largely based" implies that my poem is
*not* entirely based on my own experiences (not strictly
autobiographical); which goes for the one stanza you quoted as well as
for the rest. You imagined that one was strictly autobiographical, and
you liked that so much that you imagined that I'd told you that it was
strictly autobiographical.

> But why drag this out? If you want to pretend that the bare-assed boy was one of the other boys who provided a much smaller portion of the basis of your poem, now would be the perfect opportunity to do so.

i'll leave you with interpretation you prefer. But please stop
pretending you have some evidence that that incident ever happened, and
certainly not that I told you that it had happened. As much as I dislike
calling you a liar again, what can I do when you're lying again?

> Barring this disclaimer to the contrary, the implication remains.

Imagine what you like; just stop pretending you're doing anything but
imagaining.

Michael Pendragon

Nov 23, 2022, 9:08:39 AM11/23/22
Your question was an obvious attempt to deflect from the topic at hand.

> >> Funny, then, that you're the one that began talking about it. Now, do
> >> you mind answering the question?
> Non-answer #2

Again, your question is an attempt to deflect from the topic at hand (or... at belt).

> >> The point about that, Michael, is that you found that line in a poem,
> >> and just made up that it had happened to: and then went on to make up
> >> that I'd said it had happened to me.
> >>
> >> All you've found that I actually said happen to me is that I'd been
> >> beaten by my father as a child. So, since that is your entire point,
> >> I'll ask you again:
> >> Were you beaten by your father as a child?
> >
> Non-answer #3

Again, you question is an attempt to deflect from the issue at hand.

If you wish to know personal information about my childhood, you may ask me in another thread. (I'm not making any promises that I'll answer.)

> > That is not all I found by you, George. You said that your poem was "largely based on (your) own experience" and that you were subjected to "corporal punishment."
> That is the quotation we've been discussing, Michael. But we haven't
> commented on the "largely based ..." quotation.

"Largely based" would mean at least 50% -- and certainly gives the impression of a much larger percentage.

> > The two statements, taken in conjunction, strongly imply that the boy lying in bed with his bare ass exposed was George J. Dance.
> No, Michael, they really don't. "Largely based" implies that my poem is
> *not* entirely based on my own experiences (not strictly
> autobiographical); which goes for the one stanza you quoted as well as
> for the rest. You imagined that one was strictly autobiographical, and
> you liked that so much that you imagined that I'd told you that it was
> strictly autobiographical.

As previously noted the conjunction of your two statements make its autobiographical nature extremely probable.

> > But why drag this out? If you want to pretend that the bare-assed boy was one of the other boys who provided a much smaller portion of the basis of your poem, now would be the perfect opportunity to do so.
> i'll leave you with interpretation you prefer. But please stop
> pretending you have some evidence that that incident ever happened, and
> certainly not that I told you that it had happened. As much as I dislike
> calling you a liar again, what can I do when you're lying again?

In light of your previous statement/s: "The boy is a composite; largely based on my own experience...and most of
the boys (in my family) were subject to corporal punishment"; and barring any information to the contrary, one can only conclude that the bare-assed incident is autobiographical.

> > Barring this disclaimer to the contrary, the implication remains.
> >
> Imagine what you like; just stop pretending you're doing anything but
> imagaining.

No, George, I'm not imagining it.

I'm basing my conclusion on your statements. I cannot say that it is beyond any and all doubt 100% autobiographical; but I can say that it is so beyond a reasonable doubt. And beyond a reasonable doubt is all that the law requires for the jury to make base its verdict on.

W.Dockery

Nov 23, 2022, 10:52:47 AM11/23/22
Robert Burrows wrote:
> George J. Dance wrote:
>
>> IME, corporal punishment was pretty common in that time and plaee, Robert.
>>
>> You're not that much younger than I am. Were you beaten by your father
>> as a child?

> Corporeal punishment was the norm, so of course I received some carefully measured physical punishment, both at home, and at school. I was "paddled" and "spanked", but I was
> but never "beat".

0n Google search, the top definition of "paddled" is "to beat..."

https://www.google.com/search?q=paddled&oq=paddled&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i131i433i512j0i512l2j46i10i512j0i512l4.24292j0j4&client=ms-android-tmus-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Michael Pendragon

Nov 23, 2022, 11:25:15 AM11/23/22
I've always felt that "paddled" had softer connotations than "beating" -- which, to some extent, it does. A beating is always going to be a brutal affair, whereas a paddling *could* just mean a light spanking with a flat, wooden object. It may be a regionalism (or just me), but a paddling just doesn't sound scary.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 23, 2022, 12:14:06 PM11/23/22
On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 12:06:05 PM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 10:52:47 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> I have friends who were beaten as children, with fists and with blunt objects, and it caused trauma that some of them are still dealing with
> to this day. Getting beat is a far cry from getting paddled.

Okay, you don't have to agree with the dictionary, I suppose.

HTH and HAND.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 23, 2022, 12:42:20 PM11/23/22
On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 12:35:11 PM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
> Okay

Great, and happy Thanksgiving to you.

🙂

Ash Wurthing

Nov 23, 2022, 12:46:37 PM11/23/22
Thank you Dockery for the ammunition...

Spam-I-Am

Nov 23, 2022, 12:47:22 PM11/23/22
On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 12:35:11 PM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
> Okay, and you have to prove your stupidity here on a daily basis.
> HTH and 🖕.

The difference between beating and paddle is a matter of semantics. He and George are both antisemantics.
Message has been deleted

Ash Wurthing

Nov 23, 2022, 2:15:27 PM11/23/22
On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 1:41:48 PM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
> Is an anti-semantic person in a poetry fourm analogous to an anti-semitic person in a synagogue?

As an authority on beating, this is a matter of semantics-- paddling is not always the same as "beating" in physical abuse of a child. To normal decent persons, padding/spanking is a minor use of physical force with a paddle or hand. A beating is with any other object and usually more than minor use of force.
Yes, you can be beaten with a paddle. But paddling isn't done with belts or tree branches like a whipping or with even more injurious objects. Most child abuse cases involve beatings, not paddlings.
From the context of Mr. Burrows statement, a person that can read half way proficiently would know that he didn't receive what he called a "beating."

Spam-I-Am

Nov 23, 2022, 2:28:56 PM11/23/22
On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 1:41:48 PM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:
> Is an anti-semantic person in a poetry fourm analogous to an anti-semitic person in a synagogue?

I’m not a rabbi.

Will Dockery

Nov 23, 2022, 3:08:16 PM11/23/22

> Non-answer #1
> >> Funny, then, that you're the one that began talking about it. Now, do
> >> you mind answering the question?
> Non-answer #2
> >> The point about that, Michael, is that you found that line in a poem,
> >> and just made up that it had happened to: and then went on to make up
> >> that I'd said it had happened to me.
> >>
> >> All you've found that I actually said happen to me is that I'd been
> >> beaten by my father as a child. So, since that is your entire point,
> >> I'll ask you again:
> >> Were you beaten by your father as a child?
> >
> Non-answer #3
> > That is not all I found by you, George. You said that your poem was "largely based on (your) own experience" and that you were subjected to "corporal punishment."
> That is the quotation we've been discussing, Michael. But we haven't
> commented on the "largely based ..." quotation.
> > The two statements, taken in conjunction, strongly imply that the boy lying in bed with his bare ass exposed was George J. Dance.
> No, Michael, they really don't. "Largely based" implies that my poem is
> *not* entirely based on my own experiences (not strictly
> autobiographical); which goes for the one stanza you quoted as well as
> for the rest. You imagined that one was strictly autobiographical, and
> you liked that so much that you imagined that I'd told you that it was
> strictly autobiographical.
> > But why drag this out? If you want to pretend that the bare-assed boy was one of the other boys who provided a much smaller portion of the basis of your poem, now would be the perfect opportunity to do so.
> i'll leave you with interpretation you prefer. But please stop
> pretending you have some evidence that that incident ever happened, and
> certainly not that I told you that it had happened. As much as I dislike
> calling you a liar again, what can I do when you're lying again?
> >
> > Barring this disclaimer to the contrary, the implication remains.
> >
> Imagine what you like; just stop pretending you're doing anything but
> imagaining.

aka Pendragon's delusional fantasies.

🙂

Ash Wurthing

Nov 23, 2022, 3:44:27 PM11/23/22
And #Will_Dockery yet again making up baseless accusations...
If anyone is making shit up-- it's you. But then you possibly second handed all your canned one liner responses...
You thinking that you're liked and that your work is well received here is just as delusional then...
When you tell your so called friends that they don't have to correct simple errors like "and I and you" in their work, makes me suspicious of the quality of your work and whether you want your "friends" to actually succeed as poets...
After seeing that, I wouldn't trust you. Good thing I wasn't fooled by your "good guy" act.

Zod

Nov 23, 2022, 4:14:43 PM11/23/22
> > > imagining.
> > aka Pendragon's delusional fantasies.
> And #Will_Dockery yet again

Being attacked by Pen...?

Yes, we can see that, Ash.....

W.Dockery

Nov 23, 2022, 5:43:10 PM11/23/22
Spam-I-Am wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 12:35:11 PM UTC-5, Robert Burrows wrote:

>> > Okay, you don't have to agree with the dictionary, I suppose.
>> >
>> > HTH and HAND.
>> Okay

> The difference between beating and paddle is

Go argue with the dictionary about it.

HTH and HAND.

Spam-I-Am

Nov 23, 2022, 6:05:57 PM11/23/22
Why are you antisemantic?
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 23, 2022, 7:04:40 PM11/23/22
Robert Burrows wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 5:43:10 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>> Spam-I-Am wrote:

>> > The difference between beating and paddle is
>> Go argue with the dictionary about it.
>>
>> HTH and HAND.

> Another example of your

You're the one who wants to argue with the dictionary, Robert.

HTH and HAND.

Message has been deleted
It is loading more messages.