Trumpled

drive-by

Jan 18, 2017, 7:21:59 AM1/18/17

A simple comment on concern.

So we hand Trump the reins Friday...
all the gifts America has to offer, and as the spoiled child he is,
those gifts are opened and discarded, not quite good enough
for the golden boy...and child he is but soon will find that saying it is so from his lips, will find not so quick Mr. President...going in with dismal ratings can only get worse unless by some miracle, maturity enters his bloodstream, rants are discarded...but that will not happen. Anyone with ears and eyes knows that will not happen...It was his last goal...rule America, rule the world.

It just doesn't happen that way, new Mr. President, as you will see.

I do wish you luck though, only because our country depends on that luck, not because of your 'walk on water' stance.

Will Dockery

Jan 18, 2017, 7:59:17 AM1/18/17
"drive-by" wrote in message
And now, even the Bruce Springsteen cover/tribute band has backed out of the
Trump inauguration show:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-cover-band-drops-out-of-donald-trump-party-w461203

"Will Forte, the group's 63-year-old keyboardist, manager, agent and
publicist, among other roles, was telling the band..."

"We're standing out in the storm right here," he told the band. "We gotta
get out of the storm."

If the B-Street Band pledge allegiance to anyone, it's Springsteen, who has
repeatedly voiced his anger and disgust at the president-elect. (Forte
half-jokingly said of the B-Street Band last week, "I don't even know if
they have any politics.") Out of respect for their musical inspiration,
they've decided to pull out of this week's event.

"We had to make it known that we didn't want to seem disrespectful, in any
way, shape or form, to Bruce and his music and his band," Forte says. "I
don't want to upset them. We owe everything to him and our gratitude and
respect to the band is imperative above all else. It became clear to us that
this wasn't working and we just had to do what we thought was the right
thing to do and that was to pull out."

"Nice guys. Met them. I wouldn't say right or wrong. Up to them. But it's
naive to think one can separate Art and Politics. Art IS Politics." -Little
Steven Van Zandt said.

"I'm worn out," Will Forte says. "The band's worn out. Everybody loves to
have their 15 minutes of fame, but maybe not this way."

And so it goes.

Richard Oakley

Jan 18, 2017, 11:33:45 AM1/18/17
No, they already squeezed out what they could, smart guys!

Let's not tsk them too loudly, and wake up the descent, dead folks around.

Michael Pendragon

Jan 18, 2017, 12:08:58 PM1/18/17
Corrected version:

America, rule the world!

:-)

drive-by

Jan 18, 2017, 12:21:15 PM1/18/17
Trump has diminished that every day he speaks.....you are much too intelligent to believe his constant lies, twisted non sentences...but so be it...we will watch his wonderfulness together...

Michael Pendragon

Jan 18, 2017, 12:29:00 PM1/18/17
They were your words, Jim. I just added an exclamation point.

And I think you'll agree with me that if any President were ever to succeed in his ambition to rule the world, it would be Donald Trump.

drive-by

Jan 18, 2017, 12:38:01 PM1/18/17
disagree...too many enemies exist for that to happen..ego only goes so far...being at 40% going in, he has a lot of ground to cover...my eyes are open but see failure..

Michael Pendragon

Jan 18, 2017, 12:43:42 PM1/18/17
But he has one *very* powerful friend in Vladimir Putin.

I predict that the USA and the Russian Federation will join forces and create a single world government.

drive-by

Jan 18, 2017, 12:50:49 PM1/18/17
Your attempt at trolling should be left those with experience...:-)

Michael Pendragon

Jan 18, 2017, 12:54:16 PM1/18/17
I'm serious, Jim.

As you said, we'll sit back and watch.

But when my prediction proves correct, just remember where you heard it.

drive-by

Jan 18, 2017, 12:58:12 PM1/18/17
OK....we shall compare notes along the way to world domination by Putin/Trump...not quite sure China will sit back and watch, as we do...but it will prove to be an interesting chapter in history....

Richard Oakley

Jan 18, 2017, 1:32:53 PM1/18/17
Hisory is for the survivors, the dead don't care.

drive-by

Jan 18, 2017, 1:52:48 PM1/18/17
add a 't' to that and I'll believe you better...:-)

Will Dockery

Jan 18, 2017, 2:34:20 PM1/18/17
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 12:08:58 PM UTC-5, Michael Pendragon wrote:
I'm surprised that not even Ted Nugent is playing the inauguration, he seems so eye-to-eye with the Trump philosophy of "hate and kill".

:)

Richard Oakley

Jan 18, 2017, 2:39:49 PM1/18/17
Sorry, spouse was driving. ;-)

drive-by

Jan 18, 2017, 2:57:32 PM1/18/17
Buckle up....:-)

Richard Oakley

Jan 18, 2017, 3:29:59 PM1/18/17
Shit! Always!! :P

drive-by

Jan 18, 2017, 3:36:19 PM1/18/17
Good...more poets the better.....

GJ John

Jan 18, 2017, 5:46:06 PM1/18/17
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 7:21:59 AM UTC-5, drive-by wrote:
Trump is just not to my liking, as a Veteran of the Navy, I ask when did HE serve our America?

Michael Pendragon

Jan 18, 2017, 10:32:31 PM1/18/17
Same time Hill, Bill, and Barack did.

EBG

Jan 19, 2017, 2:05:03 AM1/19/17
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 7:21:59 AM UTC-5, drive-by wrote:
Have a diaper pin, Sparky. It will make no difference who is in office.

EBG

Jan 19, 2017, 2:12:35 AM1/19/17
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 7:59:17 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
Nice edit, you dishonest mope. It was just a Jersey event and of course a Springsteen cover bar band would back out of a Trump event being held in Jersey. They aren't idiots. It was strictly a monetary and professional decision.

The full paragraph below, before you hacked it up.

"Will Forte, the group's 63-year-old keyboardist, manager, agent and publicist, among other roles, was telling the band about the "thousands of emails from both sides" he had received after news broke that the group would be playing the Garden State Presidential Inaugural Gala on January 19th as part of Donald Trump's inauguration. "We're standing out in the storm right here," he told the band. "We gotta get out of the storm."

Will Dockery

Jan 19, 2017, 5:13:22 AM1/19/17
One of the moments where I felt Trump failed was when one month her was calling Putin his friend, then the next month making denials that they'd ever even met.

Trumps is just too often a liar about facts that should remain solid, either way.

:)

Richard Oakley

Jan 19, 2017, 6:48:36 AM1/19/17
several ranked great or near-great by historians -- who were never in uniform: John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, Millard Fillmore, Grover Cleveland, William Howard Taft, Woodrow Wilson, Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover and Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Will Dockery

Jan 19, 2017, 7:07:08 AM1/19/17
I wonder hopw Trump will rank with these guys, in the end up.

GJ John

Jan 19, 2017, 7:32:46 PM1/19/17
That doesn't excuse Trump....

Four wrongs don't make a right..............

GJ John

Jan 19, 2017, 7:33:25 PM1/19/17
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 7:59:17 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
Tony Orlando and Dawn will be singing in their place!

Michael Pendragon

Jan 20, 2017, 12:47:47 AM1/20/17
No. But his 1-Y classification did excuse him.

He has repeatedly stressed that he is pro-military ... unlike the hippie-dippy War protestors seen here:

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/209304/hillary-clinton-social-progress