Lunatic Fringe Tour

drive-by

May 10, 2017, 10:18:38 AM5/10/17
Lunatic Fringe Tour

The limbs held,
wrapped tight as mother's embrace
and from atop the tall oak retreat,
the view below shrinks all

into an ant parade
and I fashioned a leaf hat
to shield the sun,
playing an acorn trumpet
as blue jays became
bobby sock dancers
to a tree bound mad man's music.

Nightfall brought the owls hoo,
harmonizing with a cicada chorus,
until the stage became too crowded
with wannabe doo wops,
as the moon spotlighted
a nocturnal
American Bandstand performance
and when strobe lights and siren screams
filled the street below,
I was coaxed down to earth.

Steady I descended, taking a bow
by the mighty oak trunk,
for show was over,
for this night anyway.

Richard Oakley

May 10, 2017, 2:52:19 PM5/10/17
Lunatic Fringe Tour

The limbs held, wrapped tight as mother's
embrace and from atop the tall
oak retreat, the view below shrinks all
into an ant parade and I fashioned a leaf hat
to shield the sun, playing an acorn trumpet
as blue jays became bobby sock dancers

to a tree bound mad man's mus-
sic . Nightfall brought the owls hoo,
harmonizing with a cicada chorus,
until the stage became too
crowded with wannabe doo-wop,,
as the moon spotlighted a noc-

turnal American Bandstand performance rock
and when strobe lights and the sirens cop
filled the street below,
I was coaxed down to earth.
Steady I descended, taking a bow
by the mighty oak trunk, for the show
was over, and this nights worth.

drive-by

May 10, 2017, 3:01:39 PM5/10/17
'sirens cop'?

'and this nights worth.?

Not all can be improved Richard....:-)

Richard Oakley

May 10, 2017, 5:07:43 PM5/10/17
...improve? No, just different. I already said
I'm not competing.

Thanks again!

r.

drive-by

May 10, 2017, 5:52:19 PM5/10/17
The pleasure is mine, Richard.

gen...@gmail.com

May 10, 2017, 7:50:07 PM5/10/17
Pink Floyding it?

drive-by

May 10, 2017, 8:50:36 PM5/10/17
A momentary lapse of reason...:-)

Will Dockery

May 10, 2017, 9:00:15 PM5/10/17
Some of the top local talents have formed a Pink Floyd tribute band, and will be performing Friday night at the Frog town festival.

From the caliber of talents, it should be quite a simulation.

😀

drive-by

May 10, 2017, 9:09:13 PM5/10/17
Tough sell, unless dead on....report on that Will...or maybe sound

Will Dockery

May 10, 2017, 9:13:04 PM5/10/17
Yes, that will be a tough one, no matter how talented.

EBG

May 11, 2017, 1:13:56 AM5/11/17
Obviously, you weren't even considered.

Will Dockery

May 11, 2017, 1:19:58 AM5/11/17
Note that EGB is completely oblivious to Jimmy's poem, but is only here to stalk behind me with his lame attempts at personal attack.

Kind of like... "Brooke".

:)

Will Dockery

May 11, 2017, 3:25:13 AM5/11/17
Here they are, Jimmy, all locals, Jason Ezell on lead vocals, Josh Becker on keyboards, Dean Tovey on lead guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfqDQ4oSOsA&feature=youtu.be

or

https://youtu.be/UfqDQ4oSOsA

"Formed for a one-night-only performance of Pink Floyd for the Loft's "Legend Series," The Surrogate Band consists of members from various bands including Skydog Gypsy, One Ton Tablespoon, and Stereomonster, as well as other local artists and musicians from the Columbus, GA area..."

drive-by

May 11, 2017, 7:34:20 AM5/11/17
Nice cover by The Surrogate Band...thanks Will.....a lot of work put in to get a Floyd flavor....

Will Dockery

May 11, 2017, 9:38:26 AM5/11/17
True, I think they nail it pretty good...

Brooke

May 12, 2017, 7:50:11 PM5/12/17
Leave me out of your stalker fantasies. You are also clueless about the viability of a Floyd cover band. I am friends with someone who plays in one and they are in great demand.

Will Dockery

May 12, 2017, 8:55:55 PM5/12/17
On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 7:50:11 PM UTC-4, Brooke wrote:
> On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 1:19:58 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > Note that EGB is completely oblivious to Jimmy's poem, but is only here to stalk behind me with his lame attempts at personal attack.
> >
> > Kind of like... "Brooke".
> >
> > :)
>
> Leave me out of your stalker fantasies.

Yet here you are... unable to think about or post about anyone but "Will Dockery".

:D

Will Dockery

May 12, 2017, 9:00:23 PM5/12/17
On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 7:34:20 AM UTC-4, drive-by wrote:
Pink Floyd tribute show, featuring all local musicians, starting just about... now.

I'm booked at Frogtown Hollow Crawfish Festival for 1pm tomorrow afternoon, looking forward to that myself, also.

https://www.facebook.com/events/323105178124077/

:D

EBG

May 13, 2017, 1:00:36 AM5/13/17
You use that line a lot and I'm sure you'd love to believe it but that bigger question is why you are often the sole target on here for well over a decade. Even the folks you call trolls have a somewhat cordial relationship with most everyone here but you. Maybe it's because you are a loathsome cocksucker who is an easy target. Perhaps people despise your endless self-promotion of the rubbish you call your music/poetry. Maybe you are just viewed as weak and unable to really put up a solid defense of your shityard of a life.

I say all of the above.

Will Dockery

May 13, 2017, 1:05:37 AM5/13/17
I say you have a jealous obsession with me.

And I wager the real poets here agree.

Shall we ask them, EBG?

:)

EBG

May 13, 2017, 1:47:56 AM5/13/17
5 minutes! It's like you were waiting since last night for me to post.
Anyone can call him or her self a poet. It's not for you to say who is or who isn't.

Will Dockery

May 13, 2017, 1:51:42 AM5/13/17
EBG, when you finally post a poem the real poets will let you know how you did.

Right now...

You are nothing.

:)

Michael Pendragon

May 13, 2017, 1:55:59 AM5/13/17
On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 1:05:37 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
As a bona fide "real poet," I think you've got a symbiotic relationship with the various trolls (and Corey), that you both take great pains to nourish and sustain.

Not that I'm complaining. I enjoy the show, so long as it stays relatively harmless.

Will Dockery

May 13, 2017, 2:02:36 AM5/13/17
Yet I made the choice to ignore PJR and Cujo (at your suggestion) and a year later I'm still with that, Michael.

So... you're suggesting now that I add EBG aka Brooke to the list?

That is something to consider, if so...

:)

Michael Pendragon

May 13, 2017, 2:13:15 AM5/13/17
That's up to you.

I honestly think you enjoy interacting with them, and that you use them (like socks) to keep yourself the focus of attention.

And, again, I'm fine with that.

The only times when I object to all the trolling and counter-trolling are when it becomes the focus of every thread, when family members (living or dead) are considered "fair game," and when people start making (or implying) threats.

EBG

May 13, 2017, 2:13:51 AM5/13/17
You have shown yourself to be incapable of critical and unbiased review. You hatred of far superior poets is all over this newsgroup. No, I feel no need to post any poetry or songs here. I have plenty, but they aren't free and some could easily be traced to me. Not everyone is an attention whore such as yourself.

EBG

May 13, 2017, 2:15:56 AM5/13/17
What's stopping you? Maybe you do see some truth in what I type? Maybe you just enjoy me bumping your poems to the top? You certainly don't mind doing that yourself to your old posts even after years of stagnation.

EBG

May 13, 2017, 2:19:28 AM5/13/17
On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:13:15 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:02:36 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Yet I made the choice to ignore PJR and Cujo (at your suggestion) and a year later I'm still with that, Michael.
> >
> > So... you're suggesting now that I add EBG aka Brooke to the list?
> >
> > That is something to consider, if so...
> >
> > :)
>
> That's up to you.
>
> I honestly think you enjoy interacting with them, and that you use them (like socks) to keep yourself the focus of attention.

Bingo!

> And, again, I'm fine with that.

You have to be - there are few people left in this group who post on a regular basis. If nothing else, Dockery is prolific with his posting even if it is all about himself and his pulp poetry.

> The only times when I object to all the trolling and counter-trolling are when it becomes the focus of every thread, when family members (living or dead) are considered "fair game," and when people start making (or implying) threats.

That's not my style although I do call 'em as I see 'em.

Will Dockery

May 13, 2017, 2:22:18 AM5/13/17
That's funny, EBG.

You list all the flaws you see in me, yet offer nothing about yourself.

Michael asked for a criticism of his poetry, specifically... and you ignored him.

You don't even pretend to write poetry.

Admit it... the only purpose you have here is to stalk and harass me.

And you're somewhat inept even at that.

Troll on, loser.

:)

EBG

May 13, 2017, 2:49:12 AM5/13/17
On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:22:18 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> That's funny, EBG.
>
> You list all the flaws you see in me, yet offer nothing about yourself.

I'm not here to talk about me.

> Michael asked for a criticism of his poetry, specifically... and you ignored him.

I can ignore him if I so choose. Got a problem with that? Tough shit. It is funny coming from you, whose usual poetry critique consists of something like "Nice one", after which you whore out your own poetry on their thread.

> You don't even pretend to write poetry.

I've written songs. I don't call it poetry. People pay to hear them and really, that's all I care about.

> Admit it... the only purpose you have here is to stalk and harass me.

Sue me, you're an easy target and let's face it - you're an easy mark.

> And you're somewhat inept even at that.
>
> Troll on, loser.
>
> :)

It has you frothing all day, just waiting for me to make my brief nightly appearance when you can reply within minutes, sometimes even seconds, to me.

Will Dockery

May 13, 2017, 3:02:03 AM5/13/17
On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:49:12 AM UTC-4, EBG wrote:

> I've written songs. I don't call it poetry. People pay to hear them

<snip>

Again, you're an anonymous troll making big claims on Usenet.

In other words, all you are proving yourself to be is a little person with a big obsession with "Will Dockery".

And so it goes.

:)

EBG

May 13, 2017, 1:23:38 PM5/13/17
What big claims, that I get paid to perform? I suppose in your open-mic, karaoke world that's a big claim. I'm not here to be believe and don't really care, unlike you who posts on here begging for whatever scraps you can get. If I told you what I did during my "best" years, you'd still not believe it so there is really no point. There are working musicians, Dockery. You just don't know any other than the ones who live with their parents and claim to be "pros". A dime a dozen...

Cujo DeSockpuppet

May 13, 2017, 6:13:13 PM5/13/17
EBG <emmettg...@gmail.com> wrote in
Plus he's a deadbeat dad and a douchebag.

"I have always thought that the reason Dinosaurs were so big is because
of the dramatic difference in gravitational strength between that time
period and now" - Edmo the paleontologist.

Brooke

May 13, 2017, 6:38:22 PM5/13/17
On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 6:13:13 PM UTC-4, Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:

> Plus he's a deadbeat dad and a douchebag.
>
> --
> Cujo - The Official Overseer of Kooks and Trolls in dfw.*,
> alt.paranormal, alt.astrology and alt.astrology.metapsych. Supreme Holy
> Overlord of alt.fucknozzles. Winner of the 8/2000, 2/2003 & 4/2007 HL&S
> award. July 2005 Hammer of Thor. Winning Trainer - Barbara Woodhouse
> Memorial Dog Whistle - 12/2005 & 4/2008. COOSN-266-06-01895.
> "I have always thought that the reason Dinosaurs were so big is because
> of the dramatic difference in gravitational strength between that time
> period and now" - Edmo the paleontologist.

Eww..just when I thought Will could not be more despicable, there's this. I guess he a George Sulzbach level lowlife.

Will Dockery

May 13, 2017, 8:11:46 PM5/13/17
You're an anonymous troll who named himself after "Emmett B Gulley".

You can claim anything here about would all mean just as little.

:)

Will Dockery

May 13, 2017, 9:15:19 PM5/13/17
[QUOTE who="joshgreen"]

Livestream of Frogtown. Doc on now:

https://video.nest.com/live/AE5AUn1snk

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh!

Pumping down a lot of coffee and headed back there now... our set, from 1pm to 2pm was the heat of the day, exhausting but no pleasure better than performing my sons with a little help from my friends.

:D

EBG

May 15, 2017, 12:29:29 AM5/15/17
Except I never claimed to be Emmett and in fact said I was not. I am keeping his name alive and man, when he gets out of prison he will be coming here looking to kick the ass of anyone who disrespected his name. That be you, Dockery.

You and your stupid "OMG you're anonymous!" act. You are the only idiot who uses his real name on here because you are in love with yourself and seeing your own name. Classic NPD as was pointed out earlier.

Will Dockery

May 15, 2017, 1:59:56 AM5/15/17
Yet it is you who is obviously obsessed with me and my name, since it is obviously the only thing you seem to be capable of thinking about.

Brooke

May 15, 2017, 5:55:01 PM5/15/17
Oh, get over yourself. You would love nothing more than having him or anyone else obsessed with you, due to your obsession with yourself. The truth is you are some nut on the Internet that writes bad poetry that people enjoy poking fun at and you never fail to bite.
Message has been deleted

Brooke

May 15, 2017, 6:19:26 PM5/15/17
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6:01:19 PM UTC-4, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
> Ooo. Ooo. Do me next.

Begging is so unappealing. Stick to poetry - yours is better than most here.

Will Dockery

May 15, 2017, 6:20:13 PM5/15/17
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6:01:19 PM UTC-4, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
> Ooo. Ooo. Do me next.

Good one.

:D
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

May 15, 2017, 6:54:19 PM5/15/17
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6:26:20 PM UTC-4, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
> Barry writes much better poetry than I do.
> I'm clever, and have a knack for rhyming.

Really, Barry writes good poetry?

I'll have to try one sometime.

:)
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

May 15, 2017, 7:21:34 PM5/15/17
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 7:19:18 PM UTC-4, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
> Yes, you should definitely try one sometime.

The last poem by Barry I read depicted me and George Sulzbach having gay sex, so I stopped reading his garbage.
Message has been deleted

Brooke

May 15, 2017, 7:34:33 PM5/15/17
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 7:21:34 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

>Me and George Sulzbach having gay sex

You should probably drop the gay part which is redundant unless you are saying George is a female.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

May 15, 2017, 8:01:47 PM5/15/17
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 7:26:11 PM UTC-4, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:

> Barry writes intelligently, often wryly.
> He doesn't write garbage

A poem about me and Sulzbach having gay sex I consider garbage, yes.

Your homoerotic mileage may vary, I grant you.

:)

hierony...@gmail.com

May 15, 2017, 8:16:44 PM5/15/17
My mileage says that a poem that uses your names for characters
may not really be about you at all, but may use you symbolically, to
represent archetypes, and sex between consensual archetypes is
certainly better than being gang raped by little green Oompa Loompas.