Dream Song 14

VizantOr*

Jan 31, 2016, 6:43:54 AM1/31/16

Life, friends, is boring. We must not say so.
After all, the sky flashes, the great sea yearns,
we ourselves flash and yearn,
and moreover my mother told me as a boy
(repeatingly) ‘Ever to confess you’re bored
means you have no

Inner Resources.’ I conclude now I have no
inner resources, because I am heavy bored.
Peoples bore me,
literature bores me, especially great literature,
Henry bores me, with his plights & gripes
as bad as achilles,

who loves people and valiant art, which bores me.
And the tranquil hills, & gin, look like a drag
and somehow a dog
has taken itself & its tail considerably away
into mountains or sea or sky, leaving
behind: me, wag.

*John Berryman*

--
{ ::: http://vizantor.chez.com
::: http://www.amazon.fr/-/e/B00X62TXC0 }*

Changes

Jan 31, 2016, 8:11:48 AM1/31/16

Will Dockery

Jan 31, 2016, 10:47:10 AM1/31/16
John Berryman has been a favorite of mine for a few years, after the excellent critic Rick Howe compared my poetry to his, back in 1989:

http://alt.arts.poetry.comments.narkive.com/lwAUsChD/john-berryman-comparison

This is interesting (to me, at least).

I came across this nice quote about my poetry which I will use, that was really insightful and thus a good help.

"In style and temperament, William Dockery's poetry is a little like that of John Berryman - cf., The Dream Songs. A basically sensitive but slightly discombobulated... self, in the way in which a poet like William Dockery understands it, is essentially a myth." -From William Dockery's New Poems (critique by Rick Howe) circa 1989

https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/#!topic/alt.arts.poetry.comments/hCmeK1z1cj4

About John Berryman, from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Berryman

John Allyn Berryman (October 25, 1914 - January 7, 1972) was an American poet and scholar, born in McAlester, Oklahoma. He was a major figure in American poetry in the second half of the 20th century and was considered a key figure in the Confessional school of poetry, though when he was asked about being a confessional poet, he replied, "with rage and contempt." His best-known work is The Dream Songs.

And... so it goes.

Will Dockery

Feb 3, 2016, 9:43:09 AM2/3/16
"Changes" wrote in message
Indeed, one of the giants.

Will Dockery

Mar 27, 2017, 9:31:25 AM3/27/17
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 6:43:54 AM UTC-5, VizantOr* wrote:

This poem is as good a starting point for John Berryman's poetry as any... I'd go for one of his sweeping "Henry" vignettes perhaps, but to start, well, let's start.

:)

Richard Oakley

Mar 27, 2017, 11:30:29 AM3/27/17
People love them catch-all labels, makes it so much easier
while they can think less-- win, win...

> And... so it goes.

Will Dockery

Mar 27, 2017, 1:03:05 PM3/27/17
Oh yes, Berryman always got that "Confessional poet" tag.

laketa...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2017, 7:30:05 PM3/27/17
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 6:43:54 AM UTC-5, VizantOr* wrote:
Weird poem but good in a way.........

laketa...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2017, 7:30:37 PM3/27/17
Oh, so that was him, from a long time ago...............

Will Dockery

Apr 5, 2017, 9:42:09 AM4/5/17
I reckon you could say that, although it doesn't hit me as particularly weird.

Victor Hugo III

Jun 16, 2019, 6:30:10 PM6/16/19
Yes they do...........

Love your art by the way.........

Zod The Mighty

Dec 17, 2019, 2:22:44 AM12/17/19
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 6:43:54 AM UTC-5, VizantOr* wrote:

More Berryman of great quality….

Zod-The...@none.i2p

Dec 30, 2019, 6:05:03 PM12/30/19
zodgeneral92 wrote on Tue, 17 December 2019 07:22
Excellent John Berryman for a bleak Winter's night......

Terry Zod

Dec 28, 2020, 10:54:43 PM12/28/20
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 6:43:54 AM UTC-5, VizantOr* wrote:
Another one from one of the best...

Zod

Dec 29, 2020, 5:40:50 PM12/29/20
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 6:43:54 AM UTC-5, VizantOr* wrote:
Love the Berryman poems...

Zod

Dec 30, 2020, 6:10:26 PM12/30/20
Quite cool....

Perfection Store

Feb 9, 2021, 9:46:40 AM2/9/21
El jueves, 31 de diciembre de 2020 a las 0:10:26 UTC+1, Zod escribió:

Will Dockery

Feb 9, 2021, 6:19:27 PM2/9/21
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 6:43:54 AM UTC-5, VizantOr* wrote:

John Berryman, one of the better examples of successful Confessional poetry.

Zod

Feb 9, 2021, 10:33:38 PM2/9/21
Is this poetry related...?

Zod

Feb 10, 2021, 9:25:15 PM2/10/21
Yep...

Will Dockery

Feb 11, 2021, 6:56:19 AM2/11/21
He wasn't known for comedy, no.

Zod

Feb 11, 2021, 8:42:09 PM2/11/21
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 6:43:54 AM UTC-5, VizantOr* wrote:
Love the Berryman...

Zod

Feb 12, 2021, 10:50:30 PM2/12/21
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 7:30:05 PM UTC-4, laketa...@gmail.com wrote:
Indeed, Berryman was top shelf...

Will Dockery

Feb 13, 2021, 12:07:28 PM2/13/21
Yes, apparently Berryman didn't go for the tag.

Zod

Feb 13, 2021, 10:49:41 PM2/13/21
So I see...

General Zod

Feb 14, 2021, 10:41:51 PM2/14/21
Great info...

W.Dockery

Feb 17, 2021, 8:48:04 AM2/17/21
John Berryman would make a great topic on a poetry quiz, Ash.

:)

Will Dockery

Feb 17, 2021, 1:40:23 PM2/17/21
Good find, Rochester.

Zod

Feb 17, 2021, 10:37:17 PM2/17/21
I know some about J.B. not enough for a quiz though, spare me, Ash...

W-Dockery

May 27, 2022, 7:30:15 PM5/27/22
Indeed

Zod

May 28, 2022, 2:20:51 PM5/28/22
On Sunday, January 31, 2022 at 6:43:54 AM UTC-5, VizantOr* wrote:

> Life, friends, is boring. We must not say so.
> After all, the sky flashes, the great sea yearns,
> we ourselves flash and yearn,
> and moreover my mother told me as a boy
> (repeatingly) ‘Ever to confess you’re bored
> means you have no
>
> Inner Resources.’ I conclude now I have no
> inner resources, because I am heavy bored.
> Peoples bore me,
> literature bores me, especially great literature,
> Henry bores me, with his plights & gripes
> as bad as achilles,
>
> who loves people and valiant art, which bores me.
> And the tranquil hills, & gin, look like a drag
> and somehow a dog
> has taken itself & its tail considerably away
> into mountains or sea or sky, leaving
> behind: me, wag.
>
> *John Berryman*
>

> --
> { ::: http://vizantor.chez.com
> ::: http://www.amazon.fr/-/e/B00X62TXC0 }*

Again, good find, love me some Berryman poems....

Zod

Apr 3, 2023, 4:52:28 PM4/3/23
VizantOr* wrote:

> Life, friends, is boring. We must not say so.
> After all, the sky flashes, the great sea yearns,
> we ourselves flash and yearn,
> and moreover my mother told me as a boy
> (repeatingly) ‘Ever to confess you’re bored
> means you have no
>
> Inner Resources.’ I conclude now I have no
> inner resources, because I am heavy bored.
> Peoples bore me,
> literature bores me, especially great literature,
> Henry bores me, with his plights & gripes
> as bad as achilles,
>
> who loves people and valiant art, which bores me.
> And the tranquil hills, & gin, look like a drag
> and somehow a dog
> has taken itself & its tail considerably away
> into mountains or sea or sky, leaving
> behind: me, wag.
>
> *John Berryman*
>

> --
> { ::: http://vizantor.chez.com
> ::: http://www.amazon.fr/-/e/B00X62TXC0 }*

Excellent poem, I am pleased that John BERRYMAN is now a current topic again...!

W-Dockery

Apr 5, 2023, 5:00:13 PM4/5/23
Good afternoon, good find, Zod.

:)

General-Zod

Apr 12, 2023, 5:06:20 PM4/12/23
Indeed
A fave of mine

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/articles/68771/how-a-resurrection-really-feels

There was that night that we thought that John Berryman could fly.
But he didn’t so he died.
She said, “you’re pretty good with words but words won’t save your life”
and they didn’t so he died.
—The Hold Steady, “Stuck between Stations”

Buoyant, chockfull of stories, Henry lingered
at party after party, a bitter-ender.
Long when the rest were asleep
he had much to relate, more to debate
if anyone would keep him company
toward fragrant dawn.
—John Berryman, “Dream Song 182”

He skated up & down in front of her house
Wishing he could, sir, die,
while being bullied & he dreamt he could fly
—John Berryman, “Dream Song 11”

W-Dockery

Apr 17, 2023, 11:16:33 PM4/17/23
Good find, Zod.

Faraway Star

Oct 2, 2023, 11:50:54 AM10/2/23
VizantOr* wrote:

> Life, friends, is boring. We must not say so.
> After all, the sky flashes, the great sea yearns,
> we ourselves flash and yearn,
> and moreover my mother told me as a boy
> (repeatingly) ‘Ever to confess you’re bored
> means you have no
>
> Inner Resources.’ I conclude now I have no
> inner resources, because I am heavy bored.
> Peoples bore me,
> literature bores me, especially great literature,
> Henry bores me, with his plights & gripes
> as bad as achilles,
>
> who loves people and valiant art, which bores me.
> And the tranquil hills, & gin, look like a drag
> and somehow a dog
> has taken itself & its tail considerably away
> into mountains or sea or sky, leaving
> behind: me, wag.
>
> *John Berryman*
>

> --
> { ::: http://vizantor.chez.com
> ::: http://www.amazon.fr/-/e/B00X62TXC0 }*

More John Berryman poetry that Penhead MAY have just read today, if then... ha ha.

Michael Pendragon

Oct 2, 2023, 1:19:14 PM10/2/23
The above poem bears no resemblance to Will Donkey's swill, so far as I can see. If you see some connection, please explain.

General-Zod

Oct 2, 2023, 1:30:14 PM10/2/23
>> More John Berryman poetry that Penhead MAY have just read today, if then.... ha ha.

> The above poem bears no resemblance

As if you were fit to judge, Penhead.... ha ha.

Michael Pendragon

Oct 2, 2023, 1:41:03 PM10/2/23
I'm sober.

And I daresay that anyone in a relative state of sobriety can readily see that the poem bears no resemblance to those of our Donkey.

Will Dockery

Oct 2, 2023, 1:42:31 PM10/2/23
On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 1:30:14 PM UTC-4, General-Zod wrote:
True, John Berryman doesn't seem like he'd be Pendragon's cup of tea.

🙂

Michael Pendragon

Oct 2, 2023, 2:00:58 PM10/2/23
Which has nothing to do with whether his poetry is anything like yours.

There are strong resemblances between your poems, and those of Stink and Barf (although I've only read the one Barf poem).

I don't care for Stink's and Barf's poetry either, but that doesn't stop me from seeing how your style is similar to theirs.

General-Zod

Oct 2, 2023, 5:05:18 PM10/2/23
Read and learn, Penhead, read and learn...

https://pennyspoetry.fandom.com/wiki/To_the_Magic_Store_by_Will_Dockery

***************************************

Will Dockery's New Poems
To The Magic Store, just released by Will Dockery, is a publication of modest proportions, consisting of a cover illustration followed by seven pages of poetry. At that, there is something aesthetically effective about this simple minibook design. Having issued a series of similar books over the last several years, the author undoubtedly has acquired a certain proficiency with them. It is probably a question, since one is not sure how else to explain it, of /fitting/ or /filling/ - yet not overfilling - a book of this size with an appropriate amount of material, such that one might experience in it a satisfying ampleness, notwithstanding the smallness of its format; at the same time expression must reach completion in the allotted number of pages, and not leave the impression of having been aborted, or that necessary articulations were left out. Judicious resort to ellipsis may indeed be helpful in this regard only providing it does not signify impoverishment. (Which is not the same thing, really.) It is indicative that the book proceeds at what seems, at once, a comfortable, unhurried pace; at the same time it is more than the negligible sort of labor which one might expect in the everyday course of things to have done in fifteen minutes or so.

Style
In style and temperament, William Dockery's poetry is a little like that of John Berryman - cf., The Dreamsongs. A basically sensitive but slightly discombobulated awareness wending its way through hazes of intoxication; the neighborhood milieu. (..when I was staying/ at the boarding house/ across from the park,/ I hated those bells/ and I hated that place./ At the same time I loved it.) In essence the theme is search for self. Now, self, in the way in which a poet like William Dockery understands it, is essentially a myth; in other words, a kind of story in which self is revealed and delineated to itself. In fact self cannot appear except through the mediation of external places and people. But the important thing is that these must be interpreted as having transcendental implications which might not be apparent at the level of quotidian experience. So this is what is meant by the poet entering his neighborhood or social milieu in search of self. Myth of origin (how self first learns to recognize itself); golden age, debacle. These are some of the typical mythic components in life. To keep this on a simple, general level. Of course much subtler comprehensions are also possible. For example, a typical mythification involves a division of life into periods. When I lived on such-and-such street, life had a certain quality; I had these experiences, was acquainted with these people, et cetera. Then I moved somewhere else and it wasn't the same; a period of life came to an end. Thus life may be seen as a succession of /periods/ of greater or shorter duration; each more or less distinguished by objective referents (dates, addresses, names of people), each revealing distinctive mythological dimensions as well.

Content
In To The Magic Store the poet is viewing such a period retrospectively. It is a Proustian /remembrance of things past/ in a way; things are remembered together with their psychological associations, producing a sensation of mythological awareness. (It is not necessary to spell it out with elaborate detail. The point is simply to intuit how a set of associated names and images creates the effect of milieu or era.) Viewed retrospectively, there is of course an emphasis on dissolution. People drift away, some die, and eventually the milieu dissolves. The tone of the book is predominantly one of loss and mourning. In one case the poet later revisits one of his main friends - the speed junkie musician Hugo - and finds he'd been burned in a terrible disaster,/ in a wheelchair and speechless. With its emphasis on the downside of the cycle, To The Magic Store corresponds (mythically speaking)with a decline and fall - maybe not of a /golden age/, since more or less there is only one full-blown golden age in a lifetime, but of some lesser epic cycle which never the less exhibits analogous phases of flourishing and decline. Curiously enough, there is no magic store explicitly mentioned in this book. Given the preoccupation with loss and mortality, a suitable title might have been To The Cemetery. Indeed, the climactic verses tell of taking a girl to a graveyard - to see the grave of the guy who died./ We sat there in this graveyard park,/ with a six-pack of beer./ he looked fragile/ as she drunkenly cried./ She looked open/ to my sensibility... But then, as the poem concludes: :I can still remember :her laughing at my poetry :didn't feel so good to me :after I'd been up all night :pouring out my feelings. :I thought she was interesting, :she turned out :she was just a little female fool. :Was not able to put all the components :of my life in place... :my mythology was incomplete. But the title might have a different and more Proustian meaning. The mythology of self, unfulfilled in initial experience [where to be sure such mythologies inevitably represent inconclusive aspirations], might be prolonged through acts of memory; where by poetic magic they may be perfected and internalized - notwithstanding their preliminary frustration in mere circumstances. Perhaps this might shed some light on the mystic quality of a poem like The Ballad of James Collier. A line like I hope some of them are left is perhaps best taken at face value, that is, in its natural sense. Other parts of the poem allude to ghostly reunions - perhaps in some transcendental world where the past continues as a permanent reality - In tiny detail.

---Rick Howe

Michael Pendragon

Oct 2, 2023, 6:21:36 PM10/2/23
Isn't the Donkey embarrassed that his only good reviews are by members of his band?

Faraway Star

Oct 2, 2023, 6:24:17 PM10/2/23
Ah, blow it out yer ass, Penhead... ha ha.

Michael Pendragon

Oct 2, 2023, 6:48:22 PM10/2/23
There are dozens of reasons why most of us live in houses, while you "camp" under a piece of discarded tarp. This has just been one of them.

Will Dockery

Oct 2, 2023, 6:53:47 PM10/2/23
I'll remind you that Zod is an "outdoorsman" by choice.

HTH and HAND.

Michael Pendragon

Oct 2, 2023, 7:01:39 PM10/2/23
LOL

Will Dockery

Oct 2, 2023, 7:03:16 PM10/2/23
He does, on a daily basis.

🙂

Michael Pendragon

Oct 2, 2023, 7:11:22 PM10/2/23
So does the monarch, Thought:

While, like a ghastly rapid river,
Through the pale door
A hideous throng rush out forever,
And laugh—but smile no more.

-- Edgar Poe

Will Dockery

Oct 2, 2023, 7:17:43 PM10/2/23
Funny perhaps, but true.

Michael Pendragon

Oct 2, 2023, 7:32:50 PM10/2/23
He lost his job, then got evicted from his trailer.

What other options did he have to choose from?

Will Dockery

Oct 2, 2023, 7:39:31 PM10/2/23
There's always a choice.

Michael Pendragon

Oct 2, 2023, 7:40:53 PM10/2/23
I suppose he always could have drowned himself.

However, I was referring to more *positive* options.

Will Dockery

Oct 2, 2023, 7:44:33 PM10/2/23
Found another job.

That's what many people do when they lose a job

HTH and HAND.

Michael Pendragon

Oct 2, 2023, 7:54:25 PM10/2/23
Jobs aren't always that easy to find.

And, IIRC, Stinky was still recovering from his accident and unable to work.

Will Dockery

Oct 2, 2023, 8:00:06 PM10/2/23
Zod had a good work record, 13 years at the same job at that time.

I don't doubt he could have found another job if that was his choice.

HTH and HAND.

Will Dockery

Oct 2, 2023, 8:33:29 PM10/2/23
You're just going to make Pendragon whine, Zod.

🙂

Michael Pendragon

Oct 2, 2023, 8:35:43 PM10/2/23
On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 8:00:06 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> Zod had a good work record, 13 years at the same job at that time.
>
> I don't doubt he could have found another job if that was his choice.

13 years and a good work record doesn't guarantee a job, Donkey.

I mean, think about it... how long has it been since you had a steady job?

Will Dockery

Oct 2, 2023, 8:42:01 PM10/2/23
On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 8:35:43 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 8:00:06 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > Zod had a good work record, 13 years at the same job at that time.
> >
> > I don't doubt he could have found another job if that was his choice.
> 13 years and a good work record doesn't guarantee

If course nothing is "guaranteed."

Michael Pendragon

Oct 2, 2023, 9:35:41 PM10/2/23
Being booked for "Contempt" and "Public Indecency" pretty much guarantees that one will remain unemployed.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Oct 2, 2023, 10:30:35 PM10/2/23
On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 10:11:01 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 8:42:01 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > 13 years and a good work record doesn't guarantee
>
> > Of course nothing is "guaranteed."
>
> Being booked for "Contempt" and "Public Indecency" pretty much guarantees that one will remain unemployed.

I'm talking about 2015 when Zod had the automobile accident which caused him to eventually lose his job of 13 years.

This is eight years later and Zod has been retired for a while now.

I know he does odd jobs like raking leaves and trimming hedges but he's officially considered retired.

HTH and HAND.

Coco DeSockmonkey

Oct 2, 2023, 10:31:24 PM10/2/23
He's not retired, nor is he an outdoorsman, nor does he live in a camp.

He lost his job, then his trailer, and now he lives under a piece of discarded tarp.

It's obvious that he suffered some severe psychological damage from the accident, although one suspects that he was barely functional to begin with.

It's a pity, and if he weren't such an infinitely dislikeable asshole, I might even feel sorry for him.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Oct 2, 2023, 10:51:01 PM10/2/23
Yes, it isn't your business but Zod actually is retired

HTH and HAND.

Will Dockery

Oct 3, 2023, 9:20:38 AM10/3/23
On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 1:30:14 PM UTC-4, General-Zod wrote:
Again, you nailed it.

🙂

W.Dockery

Oct 3, 2023, 5:00:16 PM10/3/23
> You are correct as I am also a retired Veteran of the Navy...

Of course we all know that Pendragon sneers at military service.

:)

General-Zod

Oct 3, 2023, 5:00:17 PM10/3/23

Michael Pendragon

Oct 3, 2023, 8:27:22 PM10/3/23
I served my country, Donkey.

You did delivered pizza.

Why do you lie so much?

Will Dockery

Oct 3, 2023, 8:53:39 PM10/3/23
So did Zod, four years in the Navy.

HTH and HAND.

Michael Pendragon

Oct 4, 2023, 8:38:29 AM10/4/23
Like I said:

I served my country, Donkey.

You did delivered pizza.

Unless Stinky George was serving for you by proxy, what's you're point?

Michael Pendragon
“Duckery you're so full of shit when people shake your hand you make a
flushing sound.”
-- Orson Wells as CitizenCain to Will “Full Load” Dockery

W.Dockery

Oct 4, 2023, 10:20:16 AM10/4/23
Michael Pendragon wrote:
> You did delivered pizza.

I did many deliveries at Fort Benning, so I served those serving the country.

HTH and HAND.

Michael Pendragon

Oct 4, 2023, 10:25:20 AM10/4/23
Gee... I never realized. I hope you were at least nominated for a Congressional Medal of Honor.

Will Dockery

Oct 4, 2023, 10:31:53 AM10/4/23
Were you?

Michael Pendragon

Oct 4, 2023, 11:17:17 AM10/4/23
No, dumbass.

The Congressional Medal of Honor is for *civilians.*

How stupid can one Donkey be?

Michael Pendragon
“You invented the unspeakable shit called
duckrish because English is beyond you and now you seem to be having
trouble understanding your own mangled language.”
-- Rob Evans to Will Dockery

W.Dockery

Oct 4, 2023, 11:35:14 AM10/4/23
I was talking about Zod serving the country with his four years in the Navy, Pendragon.

I made no claims about myself.

HTH and HAND.

Michael Pendragon

Oct 4, 2023, 12:08:03 PM10/4/23
On Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 11:35:14 AM UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> I was talking about Zod serving the country with his four years in the Navy, Pendragon.
>
> I made no claims about myself.

What does Zod have to do with anything?

I can list a shipload of men and women who served in the Navy. But it has nothing to do with our discussion.

You lied when you said that " Pendragon sneers at military service."

You either forgot that I had served my Country, or else you were lying out your 2-ton ass, as usual.

Michael Pendragon
“All that alchohol and Dockery's words are still ‘unwashed’?
(His aim must be worse than I thought.)
“(Come to think of it, the only way he could make a big hit in
Shadowville is to fall on it from high enough.)”
-- Dennis M. Hammes on Will Dockery.

Will Dockery

Oct 4, 2023, 12:09:42 PM10/4/23
Zod served his country in the Navy.

Agreed?

Coco DeSockmonkey

Oct 4, 2023, 1:44:41 PM10/4/23
On Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 12:09:42 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> Zod served his country in the Navy.
>
> Agreed?

How the f**k would I know?

The fact that both you and he a pathological liars, makes me think that he's never even seen a ship.

However, that still has nothing to do with your "lies and misrepresentations" (as a certain hypocritical Donkey often whines) regarding me.

Michael Pendragon

WILL DONKEY: As always, thanks again for helping bring these almost forgotten poets out of obscurity, George Dance.
GENERAL ZOD: Seconded...
WILL DONKEY: Good morning, Zod, agreed.*

*Will Donkey agreeing with himself.

W.Dockery

Oct 4, 2023, 2:20:12 PM10/4/23
Coco DeSockmonkey wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 12:09:42 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> Zod served his country in the Navy.
>>
>> Agreed?

> How the f**k would I know?

We know as much about Zod's Navy service as we do that of Michael Pendragon.

HTH and HAND.

Michael Pendragon

Oct 4, 2023, 3:01:07 PM10/4/23
Again, what is your point?

That still has nothing to do with your "lies and misrepresentations" (as a certain hypocritical Donkey often whines) regarding me.

Michael Pendragon
"Generally, East Coast refers to NYC."
-- Will Dockery, village idiot

General-Zod

Oct 4, 2023, 3:20:12 PM10/4/23
Will Dockery wrote:

> Zod served his country in the Navy.

> Agreed?

You are correct, good Sir..!

W.Dockery

Oct 4, 2023, 3:25:17 PM10/4/23
Faraway Star wrote:

> VizantOr* wrote:
>>
>> Life, friends, is boring. We must not say so.
>> After all, the sky flashes, the great sea yearns,
>> we ourselves flash and yearn,
>> and moreover my mother told me as a boy
>> (repeatingly) ‘Ever to confess you’re bored
>> means you have no
>>
>> Inner Resources.’ I conclude now I have no
>> inner resources, because I am heavy bored.
>> Peoples bore me,
>> literature bores me, especially great literature,
>> Henry bores me, with his plights & gripes
>> as bad as achilles,
>>
>> who loves people and valiant art, which bores me.
>> And the tranquil hills, & gin, look like a drag
>> and somehow a dog
>> has taken itself & its tail considerably away
>> into mountains or sea or sky, leaving
>> behind: me, wag.
>>
>> *John Berryman*
>>

>> --
>> { ::: http://vizantor.chez.com
>> ::: http://www.amazon.fr/-/e/B00X62TXC0 }*

> More John Berryman poetry that Penhead MAY have just read today, if then... ha ha.

Good find.

:)

General-Zod

Oct 4, 2023, 5:30:14 PM10/4/23
Michael Pendragon wrote:
>> More John Berryman poetry that Penhead MAY have just read today, if then.... ha ha.

> The above poem

Hush up troll, that poem is over your head and you know it... ha ha.

That is all.

General-Zod

Oct 5, 2023, 6:15:17 PM10/5/23
Coco DeSockmonkey wrote:

> On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 10:30:35 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > Being booked for "Contempt" and "Public Indecency" pretty much guarantees that one will remain unemployed.
>> I'm talking about 2015 when Zod had the automobile accident which caused him to eventually lose his job of 13 years.
>>
>> This is eight years later and Zod has been retired for a while now.
>>
>> I know he does odd jobs like raking leaves and trimming hedges but he's officially considered retired.

> He's not retired, nor is he an outdoorsman, nor does he live in a camp.

> He lost his job, then his trailer, and now he lives under a piece of discarded tarp.

> It's obvious that he suffered some severe psychological damage from the accident

No, not really but the accident showed me it was time to slow down, to stop and smell the roses so to speak...!

Michael Pendragon

Oct 5, 2023, 7:18:21 PM10/5/23
The accident showed me it was time to slow down,
to stop and smell the roses so to speak...!
So I "camped" on a garbage heap just outside of town
and don't smell roses, but at least I reek...!

Will Dockery

Oct 5, 2023, 8:12:34 PM10/5/23
On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 6:15:17 PM UTC-4, General-Zod wrote:
Sounds like it was a good time for you to slow down.

,🙂

W.Dockery

Oct 6, 2023, 4:10:14 PM10/6/23
Coco DeSockmonkey wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 12:09:42 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> Zod served his country in the Navy.
>>
>> Agreed?

> How the f**k would I know?

At least you're not disputing Zod's Navy service, that's a step in the right direction.

:)

Michael Pendragon

Oct 6, 2023, 6:39:03 PM10/6/23
I find it highly doubtful.

Stinky's the only one who can prove it -- and he refuses to.

Until such time (if ever) that he does prove it, I'll assume it's as true as his claims that he *chose* to "retire," is an "outdoorsman," is "camping," and has teeth.

Michael Pendragon
"Im not as familiar with Jim Morrison's influenza as I'd like to be so perhaps he was making a homage to Muldoon.- "
Will Donkey, on why he chose to go unvaxxed.

Will Dockery

Oct 6, 2023, 6:57:03 PM10/6/23
Zod has provided as much proof as you or anyone else here as to their claimed military service, so y'all are pretty much even, Pendragon.

HTH and HAND.

🙂

Michael Pendragon

Oct 6, 2023, 7:32:33 PM10/6/23
On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 6:57:03 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> Zod has provided as much proof as you or anyone else here as to their claimed military service, so y'all are pretty much even, Pendragon.

Except that I have never engaged in a debate regarding my service. Believe it or don't. I couldn't care less.

Michael Pendragon
"A favorite movie.... I read it like a comic book....."
-- George "Stink" Sulzbach, career pissbum

Will Dockery

Oct 6, 2023, 7:34:34 PM10/6/23
Yet here you are endlessly whining about it, Pendragon.

🙂

Michael Pendragon

Oct 6, 2023, 7:38:16 PM10/6/23
On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 7:34:34 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> Yet here you are endlessly whining about it, Pendragon.

You're the one who mentioned my military service, Donkey.

Michael Pendragon
"Kids will play around with other kids, having been one, I know that, but consent laws are indeed in place to keep adult predators from legally seducing children."
-- Will Dockery, on playing with children

Will Dockery

Oct 6, 2023, 7:45:43 PM10/6/23
I mentioned it, while you're whining incessantly about it, Pendragon.

And so it goes.

Michael Pendragon

Oct 6, 2023, 8:29:58 PM10/6/23
On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 7:45:43 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> I mentioned it, while you're whining incessantly about it, Pendragon.

How so?

I mentioned it once in replay... and then only to say that I don't care what you think.

Michael Pendragon
"Okay, correct me if I'm wrong. What is the definition of real life stalking, if it isn't actually stalking?"
-- Will Dockery, on the redundancy of dictionaries.

Will Dockery

Oct 6, 2023, 10:10:11 PM10/6/23
Spoken like the delusional fuckwit monkey that you are, Pendragon.

🙂

Michael Pendragon

Oct 6, 2023, 11:18:36 PM10/6/23
On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 10:10:11 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> Spoken like the delusional fuckwit monkey that you are, Pendragon.

If I'm delusional, I must have mentioned it "incessantly" as you claimed (above). Point out where I've been incessantly whining about, or even mentioning, my time in the Navy.

Michael Pendragon
"You never watched foreign movies and read the English subtitles..? ?
You read the film as you would, say, a comic book...."
-- George "Stink" Sulzbach, career pissbum explaining his previous statement wherein he read a movie like a comic book

Will Dockery

Oct 7, 2023, 1:40:43 AM10/7/23
On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 11:18:36 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 10:10:11 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > Spoken like the delusional fuckwit monkey that you are, Pendragon.
> If I'm delusional

Yes, you're delusional if you believe that is you're a better poet than T.S. Eliot, William Carlos Williams and we cummings, Pendragon.

HTH and HAND.

Michael Pendragon

Oct 7, 2023, 1:52:50 AM10/7/23
I'd say that you were deflecting again, but "flailing" seems the more appropriate word.

Michael Pendragon
"Hard to miss that he generally considered you [Will Dockery] to be an illiterate oaf - indeed. It's was probably due to your constant display of... the opinions of a dishonest ignoramus who scribbles unspeakable shit."
-- Rafael Corazon

Will Dockery

Oct 7, 2023, 1:59:00 AM10/7/23
On Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 1:52:50 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 1:40:43 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > If I'm delusional
> > Yes, you're delusional if you believe that is you're a better poet than T.S. Eliot, William Carlos Williams and we cummings, Pendragon.
> I'd say that you were deflecting

Except that that's what you're trying to do here.

Either that or lying/trolling, as usual.

And so it goes.

🙂
It is loading more messages.