New Look

H C

Nov 15, 2021, 4:46:13 AM11/15/21
Good morning,

So it’s basically still the same old stuff and nonsense,
but I’ve recently given my website a bit of a makeover,
and would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. TIA.
https://www.hieronymous707.com/

George J. Dance

Nov 15, 2021, 9:40:39 AM11/15/21
I've only been to page 1.

I like the new title pic; it makes the site look like something different, an oasis of calm, that it might be interesting to explore.

I like the paypal feature idea, and wish I could add add it to my own blog (alas, I have a legacy blog, and can't change anything on the page).

My one dislike is that huge white space to the right of the title. It looks like a big waste o'space, crying to be filled. And right under it is the right-hand info that should be filling it; the popular posts, author's info, and the paypal. It gives the page an unfinished look.

I'd like to see some form of linked table of contents, making it easier to navigate the site, but that's just me perhaps.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 15, 2021, 12:02:05 PM11/15/21
On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:46:13 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:

Good afternoon, Corey, I'll have a look.

🙂
Message has been deleted

W-Dockery

Nov 15, 2021, 1:43:15 PM11/15/21
Robert Burrows wrote:
> This isn't an attack, just a question about how you think. Why wouldn't you take a look first and then respond instead of saying you'll take a look?

Because I had other things to do first.

🙂

Conley Brothers

Nov 15, 2021, 2:26:39 PM11/15/21
Lie noted. What could you possibly have to do other than dispense Brother Dave's hourly cigarette or drive your slave George Sulzbach to his Meth plug for doing your yard work?

Ash Wurthing

Nov 15, 2021, 3:41:56 PM11/15/21
Looks good. There's not a whole lot that can be done with blog templates except for minor flourishes and changing themes. On desktop it looks like your header image is lined up with the text column of the main/body section. I don't think its just the image with too much white space, the whole page seems to have too much left margin (due to the right subsection/sidebar occupying white space on the right and causing a visual imbalance). Mind you, this is how it looks to me-- I cannot see if there's background designs to occupy the white space on the left-- my setup strips it all away and paints his page black...

H C

Nov 15, 2021, 4:04:04 PM11/15/21
Thanks, George. I agree about the white space. I don’t like it, but can’t change it.

H C

Nov 15, 2021, 4:05:52 PM11/15/21
On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 9:51:00 AM UTC-5, rjbur...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:46:13 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
> I think it's big improvement. I think it would look better visually if you'd center the top image. I'm not sure how different the page would look mobile phone vs. desktop. I view it on my Android. I know that things look different on a web browser.

Thanks, Bob. Blogger won’t let me center the top image.

H C

Nov 15, 2021, 4:07:42 PM11/15/21
On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 3:41:56 PM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> Looks good. There's not a whole lot that can be done with blog templates except for minor flourishes and changing themes. On desktop it looks like your header image is lined up with the text column of the main/body section. I don't think its just the image with too much white space, the whole page seems to have too much left margin (due to the right subsection/sidebar occupying white space on the right and causing a visual imbalance). Mind you, this is how it looks to me-- I cannot see if there's background designs to occupy the white space on the left-- my setup strips it all away and paints his page black...

Thanks, Ash. You’re right, Blogger doesn’t allow for much. I just tried to make it look clean.

Ash Wurthing

Nov 15, 2021, 4:16:50 PM11/15/21
Clean is good. The biggest mistake people often make is trying to fancy things up. They say clean is the best, especially for mobile-- just the content, Ma'am...

H C

Nov 15, 2021, 4:28:58 PM11/15/21
Those are my sentiments also.

Zod

Nov 15, 2021, 4:31:40 PM11/15/21
On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:46:13 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:

The type is too small and not dark enough, in my opinion......

H C

Nov 15, 2021, 4:35:55 PM11/15/21
Thanks.

H C

Nov 15, 2021, 4:51:54 PM11/15/21
On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 1:06:53 PM UTC-5, rjbur...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 12:02:05 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> This isn't an attack, just a question about how you think. Why wouldn't you take a look first and then respond instead of saying you'll take a look?

I wondered the same thing.

Zod

Nov 15, 2021, 4:58:01 PM11/15/21
You are quite welcome......

Will Dockery

Nov 15, 2021, 6:47:14 PM11/15/21
I'm having a look right now, so I'll tell you how it looks on a mobile gizmo.

🙂

H C

Nov 15, 2021, 7:06:42 PM11/15/21
Ok

Family Guy

Nov 15, 2021, 9:52:27 PM11/15/21
On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 1:06:53 PM UTC-5, rjbur...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 12:02:05 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> This isn't an attack, just a question about how you think. Why wouldn't you take a look first and then respond instead of saying you'll take a look?

Because he is a narcissistic fool, and the statement "I'll have a look" means that, in his feeble little subconscious, it goes back to being ALL ABOUT MEEEE!! MEEEEE WHEEEE ME ME ME MEEEEEEEE!" since that now states that he is somehow "important enough" to view later.

Also he is an idiot.

Family Guy

Nov 15, 2021, 9:52:52 PM11/15/21
Oh come on Will, you can masturbate almost any time. Go see the site, you jackass.

Family Guy

Nov 15, 2021, 9:53:22 PM11/15/21
...Three hours later, nothing.
Which proves that it takes Will Dockery at LEAST three hours to figure out how things work.

Will Dockery

Nov 16, 2021, 4:35:47 AM11/16/21
I looked it over, and the site displays well on the smaller mobile gizmo screen.

H C

Nov 16, 2021, 4:44:12 AM11/16/21
Thanks for going to all that trouble.
I know how difficult it was for you.

Will Dockery

Nov 16, 2021, 4:49:33 AM11/16/21
Not so much.

🙂

H C

Nov 16, 2021, 4:51:11 AM11/16/21
Exactly.

Will Dockery

Nov 16, 2021, 4:54:15 AM11/16/21
That's true.

H C

Nov 16, 2021, 5:23:11 AM11/16/21
At least you meant to be helpful, that’s the important thing.

W.Dockery

Nov 16, 2021, 12:17:19 PM11/16/21
H C wrote:

> Good morning,

> So it’s basically still the same old stuff and nonsense,
> but I’ve recently given my website a bit of a makeover,
> and would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. TIA.
> https://www.hieronymous707.com/

Looking again, and it may just be my eyes, but the text on the art (which is nice work, who painted it? An attribution somewhere nearby would be helpful) needs to be slightly bolder print, it blends into the art too much, at least to my vision.

🙂

Will Dockery

Nov 16, 2021, 1:11:06 PM11/16/21
On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 5:23:11 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:

> At least you meant to be helpful, that’s the important thing.

Thanks for posting the link.

🙂

Will Dockery

Nov 16, 2021, 1:33:54 PM11/16/21
On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 1:06:53 PM UTC-5, rjbur...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 12:02:05 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> > On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:46:13 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > Good morning,
> > >
> > > So it’s basically still the same old stuff and nonsense,
> > > but I’ve recently given my website a bit of a makeover,
> > > and would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. TIA.
> > > https://www.hieronymous707.com/
> > Good afternoon, Corey, I'll have a look.
> >

> This isn't an attack, just a question about how you think. Why wouldn't you take a look first and then respond instead of saying you'll take a look?

Again, I had other matters to attend to, but I'm here now.

What do you think of Corey's blog?

🙂

Zod

Nov 16, 2021, 5:29:09 PM11/16/21
On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 9:40:39 AM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:
> On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:46:13 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Good morning,
> >
> > So it’s basically still the same old stuff and nonsense,
> > but I’ve recently given my website a bit of a makeover,
> > and would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. TIA.
> > https://www.hieronymous707.com/
> I've only been to page 1.
>
> I like the new title pic; it makes the site look like something different, an oasis of calm, that it might be interesting to explore.
>
> I like the paypal feature idea, and wish I could add add it to my own blog (alas, I have a legacy blog, and can't change anything on the page).
>
> My one dislike is that huge white space to the right of the title. It looks like a big waste o'space, crying to be filled. And right under it is the right-hand info that should be filling it; the popular posts, author's info, and the paypal. It gives the page an unfinished look.
>
> I'd like to see some form of linked table of contents, making it easier to navigate the site, but that's just me perhaps.

Agreed and seconded...!

Ilya Shambat

Nov 17, 2021, 3:10:06 AM11/17/21
On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 8:46:13 PM UTC+11, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> So it’s basically still the same old stuff and nonsense,
> but I’ve recently given my website a bit of a makeover,
> and would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. TIA.
> https://www.hieronymous707.com/

This is excellent stuff. Good job.

H C

Nov 17, 2021, 4:24:39 AM11/17/21
Thanks. Tell your friends.

Family Guy

Nov 17, 2021, 6:45:42 AM11/17/21
On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 4:44:12 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
For Dockery, putting on shoes is 'difficult.'

Family Guy

Nov 17, 2021, 6:46:16 AM11/17/21
On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 12:17:19 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> H C wrote:
> >
> > Good morning,
>
> > So it’s basically still the same old stuff and nonsense,
> > but I’ve recently given my website a bit of a makeover,
> > and would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. TIA.
> > https://www.hieronymous707.com/
> Looking again, and it may just be my eyes,

Your "eyes" have clear difficulties in seeing reality, as you have demonstrated.

>but the text on the art (which is nice work, who painted it? An attribution somewhere nearby would be helpful) needs to be slightly bolder print, it blends into the art too much, at least to my vision.

shut up, grandpa.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 17, 2021, 12:28:48 PM11/17/21
You never had any children, did you?

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Nov 17, 2021, 3:22:48 PM11/17/21
Will Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in
I don't know if he has children but let's say in this case that he
doesn't, Dodgeweave Duck.

I suspect if he did he would have supported them. <- Dreckery loses!

You can't say the same, deadbeat douchebag.

PS: No wonder you wear clown shoes, you need a big target.

"I haven't done anything, and if I ever did, there was no
intention to do so!" - Wollkook confirms what everyone knew.

Will Dockery

Nov 17, 2021, 3:33:51 PM11/17/21
On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 3:22:48 PM UTC-5, Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
> Will Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in
> > On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 6:46:16 AM UTC-5, Family Guy wrote:

> >> Your "eyes" have clear difficulties in seeing reality, as you have
> >> demons
> > trated.
> > ion somewhere nearby would be helpful) needs to be slightly bolder
> > print, it blends into the art too much, at least to my vision.
> >> shut up, grandpa.
> >
> > You never had any children, did you?
> I don't know if he has children but let's say in this case that he
> doesn't

Probably a good guess.

> I suspect if he did he would have supported them
>
> You can't say the same,

You're still lying about and misrepresenting me I see, Cujo.

Not a surprise.

🙂

General Zod

Nov 17, 2021, 6:03:02 PM11/17/21
On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 9:40:39 AM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:
> On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:46:13 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Good morning,
> >
> > So it’s basically still the same old stuff and nonsense,
> > but I’ve recently given my website a bit of a makeover,
> > and would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. TIA.
> > https://www.hieronymous707.com/
> I've only been to page 1.
>
> I like the new title pic; it makes the site look like something different, an oasis of calm, that it might be interesting to explore.
>
> I like the paypal feature idea, and wish I could add add it to my own blog (alas, I have a legacy blog, and can't change anything on the page).
>
> My one dislike is that huge white space to the right of the title. It looks like a big waste o'space, crying to be filled. And right under it is the right-hand info that should be filling it; the popular posts, author's info, and the paypal. It gives the page an unfinished look.
>
> I'd like to see some form of linked table of contents, making it easier to navigate the site, but that's just me perhaps.

I see what you mean....

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Nov 17, 2021, 6:14:32 PM11/17/21
>> I suspect if he did he would have supported them, Dodgeweave Duck.
>>
>> You can't say the same, deadbeat douchebag.

> You're still lying about and misrepresenting me I see, Cujo.

You're well known here as a deadbeat father. But feel free to show all
the receipts from child support. Or did you blow that money on cheap
steak dinners, drugs and booze?

>> PS: No wonder you wear clown shoes, you need a big target.

Dreckery can't respond to that, the shoes are famous on ME's site.

> Not a surprise.

That you're a deadbeat dad? Not at all. It's consistent with your
substance abuse, lack of talent and that you're a complete failure.

"Now go refund every single previous client's money because you
obviously fuck up every time you practice astrology." Alan Williams
evaluates Raytard Murphy's skill as an astrologer.

W.Dockery

Nov 17, 2021, 6:56:04 PM11/17/21
>>> I suspect if

<snip>

>> You're still lying about and misrepresenting me I see, Cujo.

> You're well known here as a deadbeat father

Except that's a lie.

>> Not a surprise.

> That you're a deadbeat dad?

Another lie from Cujo, again, not surprising.

🙂

W.Dockery

Nov 17, 2021, 6:56:24 PM11/17/21
Why do you lie and misrepresent so much, Cujo?

🙂

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Nov 17, 2021, 7:03:58 PM11/17/21
will.d...@gmail.com (W.Dockery) wrote in

> Why do you lie and misrepresent so much, Cujo?

Why can't you own up to having wasted your life, Douchebag?

"You will lose your ass when I sue you fraud. I have never plagiarized
anything." - Edmo, caught red-handed again, adds to the Lawsuit List.

Family Guy

Nov 17, 2021, 7:19:24 PM11/17/21
On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 7:03:58 PM UTC-5, Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
> will.d...@gmail.com (W.Dockery) wrote in
> > Why do you lie and misrepresent so much, Cujo?
> Why can't you own up to having wasted your life, Douchebag?

Narcissism and a strong level of denial.

Will Dockery

Nov 17, 2021, 7:31:35 PM11/17/21
On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 7:03:58 PM UTC-5, Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
> will.d...@gmail.com (W.Dockery) wrote in
>
> > Why do you lie and misrepresent so much, Cujo?
> Why can't you own up to having wasted your life

What have you done with your life, Cujo?

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Nov 17, 2021, 8:06:30 PM11/17/21

> Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
>
>> Will Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in

> <snip>
>
>>> You're still lying about and misrepresenting me I see, Cujo.
>
>> You're well known here as a deadbeat father. But feel free to show
>> all the receipts from child support. Or did you blow that money on
>> cheap steak dinners, drugs and booze?

> Except that's a lie.

So you had no money and mooched the booze and drugs and stiffed your
progeny? You give douchebags a bad name.

>> PS: No wonder you wear clown shoes, you need a big target.

Dodgeweave Duckery keeps snipping that out and it's obvious that it must
be true because the one thing he cannot face is the truth. .

>>> Not a surprise.
>
>> That you're a deadbeat dad? Not at all. It's consistent with your
>> substance abuse, lack of talent and that you're a complete failure.
>
> Another lie from Cujo, again, not surprising.

Prove you're not. Where's the evidence you supported your genetic
mifits?

Your lies don't work anywhere else but in what's left of your drug
addled mind. Nobody here believes you or has any reason to believe a
proven liar like you, Dreckster.

Even Kluckles Lieslotz told the truth every once in a while.

"I have always thought that the reason Dinosaurs were so big is because
of the dramatic difference in gravitational strength between that time
period and now" - Edmo the paleontologist.
This signature was made by SigChanger.
You can find SigChanger at: http://www.phranc.nl/

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Nov 17, 2021, 8:11:16 PM11/17/21
Will Dockery <opb...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 7:03:58 PM UTC-5, Cujo DeSockpuppet
> wrote:
>> will.d...@gmail.com (W.Dockery) wrote in
>>
>> > Why do you lie and misrepresent so much, Cujo?
>> Why can't you own up to having wasted your life, Douchebag?
>
> What have you done with your life, Cujo?

Dodgeweave Duckery is trying to change the subject? Not happening.

I'm shocked. This is the part where you need to post the proof of how
badly Benders trolled you again. That's how you change the subject,
dumbfuck.

"I have defined it 100 times and lost my account at AOL for doing so"
and "I have lost no accounts for spamming." - Edmo trying to have it
both ways.

W.Dockery

Nov 17, 2021, 8:25:11 PM11/17/21
Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:

> Will Dockery <opb...@yahoo.com> wrote in

>> On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 7:03:58 PM UTC-5, Cujo DeSockpuppet
>> wrote:
>>> will.d...@gmail.com (W.Dockery) wrote in

>> What have you done with your life, Cujo?
>
> Dodgeweave

I noticed that you evaded answering the question.

Not a surprise.

🙂

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Nov 17, 2021, 8:32:49 PM11/17/21
will.d...@gmail.com (W.Dockery) wrote in
I asked first, fuckchop. Get on with it.

"Right and wrong are subjective value judgments. Remove them from your
thinking." -Ed Wollmann, using the ethics of convenience.

W-Dockery

Nov 17, 2021, 8:35:07 PM11/17/21
On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 3:22:48 PM UTC-5, Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:

> Prove you're not

I don't post personal information on Usenet, do you, Cujo?

🙂

Rachel

Nov 17, 2021, 8:56:06 PM11/17/21
is this will or an imposter? because i could pick a bone with you...

Family Guy

Nov 17, 2021, 9:23:47 PM11/17/21
On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 7:31:35 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 7:03:58 PM UTC-5, Cujo DeSockpuppet wrote:
> > will.d...@gmail.com (W.Dockery) wrote in
> >
> > > Why do you lie and misrepresent so much, Cujo?
> > Why can't you own up to having wasted your life
> What have you done with your life, Cujo?
> > --

Despite his Usenet appearance, I would wager that he has done a hell of a lot more than yourself.

Family Guy

Nov 17, 2021, 9:24:18 PM11/17/21
I wonder if he has been reborn / reincarnated as a Chinese baby yet?

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Nov 17, 2021, 9:58:02 PM11/17/21
parnell...@gmail.com (W-Dockery) wrote in

> On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 3:22:48 PM UTC-5, Cujo DeSockpuppet
> wrote:
>>
>> Prove you're not

Let's see the stuff Dreckweasel snipped out!

>> You're well known here as a deadbeat father. But feel free to show
>> all the receipts from child support. Or did you blow that money on
>> cheap steak dinners, drugs and booze?

> Except that's a lie.

So you had no money and mooched the booze and drugs and stiffed your
progeny? You give douchebags a bad name.

>> PS: No wonder you wear clown shoes, you need a big target.

Dodgeweave Duckery keeps snipping that out and it's obvious that it must
be true because the one thing he cannot face is the truth. .

>>> Not a surprise.
>
>> That you're a deadbeat dad? Not at all. It's consistent with your
>> substance abuse, lack of talent and that you're a complete failure.
>
> Another lie from Cujo, again, not surprising.

Prove you're not. Where's the evidence you supported your genetic
mifits?

Your lies don't work anywhere else but in what's left of your drug
addled mind. Nobody here believes you or has any reason to believe a
proven liar like you, Dreckster.

> I don't post personal information on Usenet, do you, Cujo?

Silly snipping shitkicker! So where do you think everyone got your
personal information? You posted it. Stop lying to yourself and it'll be
a lot easier to stop lying to others. Well, maybe not in your case.

Face it, you can post embarrassing videos and photos of yourself all
over the internet with you drunkenly staggering in clown shoes and
worse. So evidence that would vindicate you is where you draw the line?
Of course, you may not have any, so I can understand given how you
wasted your life why you can't post it.

Nail. Hammer. Douchebag.

"For the sake of the newsgroup I am going to get off for good." - Yet
another of Edmo's many lies.

W.Dockery

Nov 17, 2021, 11:03:07 PM11/17/21
Go ahead, Cujo, keep lying, and I'll continue to correct your lies and misrepresentations and set the record straight.

🙂

Will Dockery

Nov 17, 2021, 11:13:27 PM11/17/21
On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 9:23:47 PM UTC-5, Family Guy wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 7:31:35 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > Why do you lie and misrepresent so much, Cujo?
> >
> > What have you done with your life, Cujo?
>
> Despite his Usenet appearance, I would wager that he has done a hell of a lot more than yourself.

But since Cujo's a troll, he'll just lie about it.

🙂

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Nov 17, 2021, 11:27:00 PM11/17/21
Will Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in
You're a proven liar and nobody believes you. But I asked you first.

Explain to the audience how Benders has trolled you for over 15 years
and why you are proud of a video where you stumble around drunkenly in
clown shoes.

That will justify your life and prove it wasn't wasted. Nor were your
singing lessons, I bet.

"Nope, all my prophecy belongs to the logical analysis of astrological
and psychological data." - Edmo dreams of becoming a cautionary tale.

Family Guy

Nov 17, 2021, 11:31:27 PM11/17/21
On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 11:03:07 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Go ahead, Cujo, keep lying, and I'll continue to correct your lies and misrepresentations and set the record straight.

You couldn't set a record straight with a tape measure and a piece of chalk.

Will Dockery

Nov 17, 2021, 11:33:18 PM11/17/21
Again, you're still lying about and misrepresenting me I see, Cujo.

Again, not a surprise, Cujo.

H C

Nov 18, 2021, 4:57:27 AM11/18/21
So much for this thread.

H C

Nov 18, 2021, 5:10:38 AM11/18/21
On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 7:50:23 AM UTC-5, rjbur...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 1:33:54 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > This isn't an attack, just a question about how you think. Why wouldn't you take a look first and then respond instead of saying you'll take a look?
> > Again, I had other matters to attend to, but I'm here now.
> >
> > What do you think of Corey's blog?
> >
> > 🙂
> I've always been impressed by Corey's poetry and his blog. I've been viewing the blog since 2012.

You used to be one of my biggest fans,
but you’ve lost a lot of weight recently,
and I have a couple of really fat fans now.

Will Dockery

Nov 18, 2021, 12:51:00 PM11/18/21
On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 5:23:11 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Exactly.
> > That's true.
> At least you meant to be helpful, that’s the important thing.

You asked for feedback, and I didn't mind giving mine.

H C

Nov 18, 2021, 3:42:24 PM11/18/21
Well, there you go.

Will Dockery

Nov 18, 2021, 4:30:53 PM11/18/21
A simple "thank you" would have sufficed.

🙂

H C

Nov 18, 2021, 4:49:32 PM11/18/21
“Thanks for going to all that trouble.
I know how difficult it was for you.”

Zod

Nov 18, 2021, 4:55:25 PM11/18/21
On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 4:49:32 PM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:

> “Thanks for going to all that trouble.
> I know how difficult it was for you.”

Hello Corey, you are such a nice guy, you're my favorite Man of God also...!

Will Dockery

Nov 18, 2021, 5:13:55 PM11/18/21
Okay, you're welcome.

🙂

H C

Nov 18, 2021, 5:15:53 PM11/18/21
Well, there you go.

Will Dockery

Nov 18, 2021, 5:27:10 PM11/18/21
Have a nice day.

🙂

H C

Nov 18, 2021, 5:32:31 PM11/18/21

Will Dockery

Nov 18, 2021, 6:24:19 PM11/18/21
You're welcome.

🙂

H C

Nov 18, 2021, 6:33:36 PM11/18/21
At least there's that.

Will Dockery

Nov 18, 2021, 7:41:35 PM11/18/21

Did you miss this one, Corey?

On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 12:17:19 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> H C wrote:
> >
> > Good morning,
>
> > So it’s basically still the same old stuff and nonsense,
> > but I’ve recently given my website a bit of a makeover,
> > and would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. TIA.
> > https://www.hieronymous707.com/
> Looking again, and it may just be my eyes, but the text on the art (which is nice work, who painted it? An attribution somewhere nearby would be helpful) needs to be slightly bolder print, it blends into the art too much, at least to my vision.

HTH and HAND.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 18, 2021, 11:41:09 PM11/18/21
On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 11:24:43 PM UTC-5, rjbur...@gmail.com wrote:
> That's true, I have lost almost 60 pounds, but I'm still phat.

Good to see you apparently feeling better, Bob.

🙂

H C

Nov 19, 2021, 4:25:49 AM11/19/21
No, why?

H C

Nov 19, 2021, 4:58:37 AM11/19/21
On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 11:24:43 PM UTC-5, rjbur...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 5:10:38 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
> That's true, I have lost almost 60 pounds, but I'm still phat.

Good morning! Did you see the lunar eclipse?

H C

Nov 19, 2021, 5:28:41 AM11/19/21
The artwork is just a logo I created for myself online a long time ago,
but the focus and function of my site is to celebrate the written word,
so if your take away from it is to wonder about who painted the picture,
then I obviously haven’t achieved my objective as a writer, and you have
wasted your time reading someone who cannot do what he says he can.

Will Dockery

Nov 19, 2021, 11:38:00 AM11/19/21
On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 5:28:41 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 7:41:35 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Did you miss this one, Corey?

> > > Looking again, and it may just be my eyes, but the text on the art (which is nice work, who painted it? An attribution somewhere nearby would be helpful) needs to be slightly bolder print, it blends into the art too much, at least to my vision.
> >
> > HTH and HAND.
> The artwork is just a logo I created for myself online a long time ago,

Nice work.

Will Dockery

Nov 19, 2021, 11:49:24 AM11/19/21
Just wondering.

Zod

Nov 19, 2021, 4:35:24 PM11/19/21
On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 5:28:41 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 7:41:35 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > Did you miss this one, Corey?

> > > Looking again, and it may just be my eyes, but the text on the art (which is nice work, who painted it? An attribution somewhere nearby would be helpful) needs to be slightly bolder print, it blends into the art too much, at least to my vision.
> >
> > HTH and HAND.
> The artwork is just a logo I created for myself

You did well, and are quite talented with art I daresay, Pastor Corey...!

H C

Nov 20, 2021, 5:20:29 AM11/20/21
Good morning again, phat man!
I’m working the Mary J. Blige show
today, but will check in on you later.
Have a great day! Peace! Out!

George J. Dance

Nov 20, 2021, 11:30:53 AM11/20/21
It's important information if, like me, you use only a desktop computer. A lot of the traffic is mobile now. I don't have figures for my blog; but fandom tracks them for the wiki. Last month it was an even split, with 49% of the page visits coming via desktop, and 48% from mobile. (3% were via tablet.)

Will Dockery

Nov 20, 2021, 12:44:09 PM11/20/21
Good points, George.

George J. Dance

Nov 20, 2021, 1:49:57 PM11/20/21
Well, how does it look on the mobile? Does the banner simply scroll off the page as you scroll down, or does it stay on the screen with the poems scrolling over it? The latter is a big problem for YoS, but it would work here, since they're black type, and they'd scrolling over a pale background.)

Will Dockery

Nov 20, 2021, 2:03:58 PM11/20/21
It looks much better than YoS, which is pretty much unreadable on the mobile gizmo.

George J. Dance

Nov 20, 2021, 2:11:48 PM11/20/21
Quite sad, now that I think of it -- I mean, I just thought of how MP could fix that (reverse the type and background colors, so the type is darker and readable over the picture). But the last time I commented on that, I got called a "cunt" for my trouble, so I won't be doing that.

But I'm interested in what happens to Corey's banner; does it just scroll up, or does the type appear on top of it? The reason I ask is I have an idea for fixing that white-space problem he has on the right side, but I'm not sure how that would affect the view from a mobile if the banner pic acts as the background; so it's important that I know if it does before I tell him my idea.

Will Dockery

Nov 20, 2021, 2:28:19 PM11/20/21
I'm going to the mobile gizmo now for a look, and will report back here on it shortly.

🙂

Michael Pendragon

Nov 20, 2021, 2:31:32 PM11/20/21
I didn't call you a "cunt," George. Your comments and suggestions are always welcome. Please don't withhold them due to the actions of others.

I hadn't considered how AYoS looks on a mobile gizmo because I've never owned a mobile gizmo and have no idea how they display. I recently posted some of my videos on instagram and discovered that it cuts off the edges of those created in widescreen format -- so it's something to look into.

Although, IMHO, a mobile gizmo hardly seems like the proper device for reading poetry.

Will Dockery

Nov 20, 2021, 3:28:02 PM11/20/21
Sounds like something ME would post.

> I hadn't considered how AYoS looks on a mobile gizmo because I've never owned a mobile gizmo and have no idea how they display. I recently posted some of my videos on instagram and discovered that it cuts off the edges of those created in widescreen format -- so it's something to look into.
>
> Although, IMHO, a mobile gizmo hardly seems like the proper device for reading poetry.
> > But I'm interested in what happens to Corey's banner; does it just scroll up, or does the type appear on top of it? The reason I ask is I have an idea for fixing that white-space problem he has on the right side, but I'm not sure how that would affect the view from a mobile if the banner pic acts as the background; so it's important that I know if it does before I tell him my idea.

I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but will soon.

Peter J Ross

Nov 20, 2021, 4:43:05 PM11/20/21
On 2021-11-20, Michael Pendragon <michaelmalef...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't call you a "cunt," George.

Why not?

It's not as if you have the excuse of not knowing who he is and what
he's done.

--
PJR :-)

Peter J Ross

Nov 20, 2021, 4:45:54 PM11/20/21
On 2021-11-20, Will Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm going to the mobile gizmo now for a look, and will report back
> here on it shortly.

How long does it take you to waddle from one end of your shed to the
other?

How often do you fall over during your journey, drunkard?

--
PJR :-)

Zod

Nov 20, 2021, 5:31:51 PM11/20/21
Pastor Corey should double check that himself....!

Will Dockery

Nov 20, 2021, 11:03:00 PM11/20/21
I don't drink, I stopped in 2008.

Will Dockery

Nov 21, 2021, 12:07:48 AM11/21/21
https://www.hieronymous707.com/?m=1

Corey's banner stays at the top of the page, and his text is easy to see and read, simple black on white.

George J. Dance

Nov 21, 2021, 1:27:07 AM11/21/21
Thanks. That's what I was hoping.

George J. Dance

Nov 21, 2021, 3:04:20 AM11/21/21
On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:04:04 PM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 9:40:39 AM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:
> > On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:46:13 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Good morning,
> > >
> > > So it’s basically still the same old stuff and nonsense,
> > > but I’ve recently given my website a bit of a makeover,
> > > and would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. TIA.
> > > https://www.hieronymous707.com/
> > I've only been to page 1.
> >
> > I like the new title pic; it makes the site look like something different, an oasis of calm, that it might be interesting to explore.
> >
> > I like the paypal feature idea, and wish I could add add it to my own blog (alas, I have a legacy blog, and can't change anything on the page).
> >
> > My one dislike is that huge white space to the right of the title. It looks like a big waste o'space, crying to be filled. And right under it is the right-hand info that should be filling it; the popular posts, author's info, and the paypal. It gives the page an unfinished look.
> >
> > I'd like to see some form of linked table of contents, making it easier to navigate the site, but that's just me perhaps.

> Thanks, George. I agree about the white space. I don’t like it, but can’t change it.

I have an idea. It's a bit of work, but doesn't have to be rushed or done at all; you may find it fun to work on over a period of time Let me spell it out step-by-step like a recipe:

1) make a copy of your art on the main page; leave the original art alone, and work with the copy (you might find that a no-brainer, but I've had to learn it the hard way).
2) using your Word processor (I use open office), make a page the size of the white space.
3) type or paste in text into (2) - I'd suggest your title, "Hymns of Hieronymous707" and below (with lots of white space between them), your introductory poem ("Hear ye. Hear ye. Here we ...").
4) format (3) to match the type in (1). For font, Constantia's a good match. The title should be all caps, as in the art, and the same size; the intro poem u/l. Use a dark brown for the font color, as close to the art as possible. Don't use bold or go too big; this shouldn't compete with the art, just complement it.
5) Using snipping tool (or a better app if you have it, turn (4) into a .jpeg.
6) using a collage maker, combine (1) and (5) into one image. I've used this one: https://www.kapwing.com/explore/side-by-side-collage-maker
The intent is an banner-sized image as wide as the entire top of the blog, but in case it doesn't size right on the collage maker:
7) you may have to use Paint to resize (6).
8) use the result (6 or 7) to replace your current art.

I hope that's all clear. Personally, I think it would be fun to work on, but of course you're under no obligation to do any of it unless you think so yourself. Of course, if you have an easier/faster way to do any of the above, or think of one while you're doing it, feel free to depart from the recipe.

H C

Nov 21, 2021, 5:25:40 AM11/21/21
That’s interesting. Thanks, George.
It is loading more messages.