Bobby Burro / gjd

George J. Dance

Jun 2, 2022, 7:05:08 AM6/2/22
A silly young burro named Bobby
Joined a poetry group for a hobby.
His output was thin,
But he tried to fit in
By acting exceedingly snobby.
Message has been deleted

NancyGene

Jun 2, 2022, 8:45:29 AM6/2/22
On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 11:23:54 AM UTC, Robert Burrows wrote:
> A silly old fool named Dance
> Once again pulled down his pants
> No one expressed any shock
> At the smallness of his cock

"A silly old fool named Dance
Once again pulled down his pants
No one expressed any shock
At the smallness of his cock
Or the fuzziness of his thoughts
Since he cannot connect the dots"
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Zod

Jun 2, 2022, 1:50:59 PM6/2/22
On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 7:05:08 AM UTC-4, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:

Good limerick.....!

Will Dockery

Jun 2, 2022, 5:10:14 PM6/2/22
On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 7:05:08 AM UTC-4, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:

Good limerick, my goal this year is to write some limericks, my first ever.

It comes from an old discussion about writing a rock song in limerick form.

Billy Joel came close, I think I remember it mentioned.

HC

Jun 2, 2022, 5:22:42 PM6/2/22
Potato, potato, potato.
Potato, potato, potato.
Potato, potato.
Potato, potato.
Potato, potato, potato.

General-Zod

Jun 2, 2022, 5:30:20 PM6/2/22
You must be smoking some good weed again, pastor Corey...?

Ha ha..........

HC

Jun 2, 2022, 5:36:04 PM6/2/22
Sprinkle, Sprinkle.

George J. Dance

Jun 2, 2022, 6:05:33 PM6/2/22
Or perhaps doing edibles:

Pot Ate. Oh!

George J. Dance

Jun 2, 2022, 6:08:42 PM6/2/22
Oh, that reminds me: Ann Taylor, whose poem's on PPB this month, had a
sister, Jane, who once started a poem with "Twinkle, twinkle ..."

Anyway, I think I figured out your "potato" lim, and I can explain it to
my "allies" and anyone else who cares to listen. Or you can, since I'm
probably wrong.

George J. Dance

Jun 2, 2022, 6:11:42 PM6/2/22
Thanks. That one's new. Tomorrow I plan to recycle the Ashtroll one, if
I can find it: it's buried in a thread here somewhere.

HC

Jun 2, 2022, 7:09:15 PM6/2/22
Please, explain. Thanks.

stars news

Jun 2, 2022, 7:14:02 PM6/2/22
Hello ,
We are international business office offer quality and mixed services such as opening a bank account in 300 countries and also opening an online company in some countries and there are offers of diamonds and gold with other modern products and we do not forget also the issue of SBLC and its monetization, and can doing add your company with 100 USD / Year in our plataform , so for more information in our website:
https://www.ufness.com

Will Dockery

Jun 2, 2022, 8:20:53 PM6/2/22
On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 5:30:20 PM UTC-4, Zod wrote:
He may be getting into Dadaism.

🙂

Ash Wurthing

Jun 2, 2022, 10:58:54 PM6/2/22
OOOOH, ANOTHER NASTY GEORGE, NEW QUEEN OF MEAN, THREAD!!
This is how we play, the Queen commands- OPEN FIRE!!!

Spectacular. Smashingly I may even say.
Operation TwinkleToes & ChuckleGuts

IN SPITE OF SPITE /for Mr Superiority/

A mighty Man is merely a Mite
while grappling with what is Right
Yoked by Brilliance clouding his Sight
casting him in such unflattering Light
In Ridicule he basks in reviled Delight
Despite Brilliance he demeans it with Spite
~~~AshWurthing, (from ASH'S GREATEST POETRY FITS)
-----
"If you gather all the teachings that the wise have told
Compile every scripture from the books of old
And muse upon the meaning of the truths you've sewn
You will germinate the mind but the fields won't grow"
"Nomad" ~~Zack Hemsey
Facta Non Verba
yr ydych wedi dwyn anfri ar eich hunan
|x| sceal Ăľeah anra gehĆżylc oĂ°rum sĆżican

Will Dockery

Jun 2, 2022, 11:19:04 PM6/2/22
Try searching for:

"There was a" + "Ash"

As most limericks begin with that.

HTH and HAND.

jdcha...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2022, 11:21:51 PM6/2/22
You really do seem like an interesting, intriguing, enigmatic character, but you seem to feel compelled to label and stigmatize some of us, at times, in a very judgmental, "black and white", simplistic way... Would it really be such a problem to try and be less judgmental? One "group" here you appear to 1000% excuse, no matter how hateful and vicious their behavior and others you want to completely demonize at all costs... Do you really think that is fair? If being fair is what you want to achieve... believe it or not, I often admire and appreciate your eccentric, quirky style, and that you are more unusual and subtle and idiosyncratic in your criticisms than the exceedingly puerile, childish, immature, one note insults that others spout here, appreciate your imagination and creativity, but would appreciate it you would be try to be a bit less one sided in your opinions of the posters here...

Ash Wurthing

Jun 3, 2022, 12:00:44 AM6/3/22
Yes, I can be black n white when I forget about being gray. I'm compelled by what I see my enemies post in a similar stigmatizing ways. As Desmond Tutu said: "I wish I could shut up, but I can't, and I won't."

With you I stigmatize behavior, not you. I'm not completely your enemy, so I leave you alone half the time. Those responses to your poetry and music threads had messages under the menacing facade, just like this one. Remember this in your charity endeavors: "Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world." Desmond Tutu again.

I'm one sided because when I first came here, to bring others here for SS/AYoS, I spoke to the "other" side first- they listened. I went to speak to "your" side- they spit in my face and back stabbed me which started a personal conflict separate from that that was already going on with your enemies. If the flame war here was ever to stop, most of my posting opportunities would disappear, and I would have to abandon my personal conflict since everyone would be looking at me at the source of trouble then- so I would have to go somewhere else to sow my lore...

Also concerning the other side, some wisdom Ash, learned from Napoleon, Hitler and Sicilian in "The Princess Bride": "Never start a second war front, never get caught up in a land war in Asia."

Will Dockery

Jun 3, 2022, 12:17:32 AM6/3/22
Stop lying, Ash.

You initiated hostility between us, while I was one of the first to welcome you here.

If anything, you stabbed /me/ in the back.

HTH and HAND.

Ash Wurthing

Jun 3, 2022, 12:46:08 AM6/3/22
Like I said, your words and you accertions have become worthless...

Go check your "record"- I posted the quotes showing when out dispute started and it was months after you initially welcomed me ,,, You say I only posted three poems here, which means you stopped paying attention to my work by the second month I was here and it was obvious I wouldn't join your side in your flame war.

Will Dockery

Jun 3, 2022, 12:50:54 AM6/3/22
I feel about the same way about your lies and gibberish, Ash.

Will Dockery

Jun 3, 2022, 2:02:30 AM6/3/22
Interesting.

Ash Wurthing

Jun 3, 2022, 2:05:12 AM6/3/22
On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 11:21:51 PM UTC-4, jdcha...@gmail.com wrote:
Sorry JDC, but because of the company you have chosen to keep, you will be here alone with Will and Zod and the vitriol they keep stirring up. After seeing the way they back stabbed me, threw Karen under the bus and how they treated HC, how Will spitefully called his work garbage, I wouldn't bring anyone near those two. But don't worry, it's no great loss, enjoy your spoils.
Jim and HC understood this simple fact which two fools cannot fathom-- the more poets seen active, the more varied and larger will the audience be. Which to those desperate LAM*ers, would possibly mean more readers for their work to gain attention from. When people come here looking for poetry or a poetry group and all they see is one person's same old threads, they will move on, to look elsewhere. I believe those fools may have screwed the pooch.

Ash Wurthing

Jun 3, 2022, 2:11:52 AM6/3/22
On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 11:21:51 PM UTC-4, jdcha...@gmail.com wrote:
Facta Non Verba! Now that you have a clue, some of the many things I've alluded to may now not elude you.

Adieu! Adieu! We won't have Paris but you'll have Willy. I would rather shot myself to relieve myself of such a boring fate! Don't worry, I can attest, one can shot their self without too much risk. Just don't shot one self in the throat. Why? Because you won't be able to call for help-- the 911 operator will not be able to hear you! True story I swear to Othinn, so don't try it at home.

Are you appalled? Mortified? Beside yourself with your pearl clutching? Hmmm, I see something promising there. I shall look into it after I finish my ode to the death gurgle.

Ash Wurthing

Jun 3, 2022, 3:38:52 AM6/3/22
On Friday, June 3, 2022 at 12:17:32 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
I know you won't remember this or the open letter to you before our dispute started, but as George Dance said, I should be generous to an old man like Will Dockery, he's fighting so much and become so punch drunk and confused that he can't see the forest for the trees...

ashw @gmail.com
Feb 8, 2021, 10:46:15 AM
@Will
Not tired of the fighting yet? Hell, I've been active for 2 months and I'm more than tired. You know I just found Dental River's now not so recent poetry post? And I got lost in the muck and don't know where I was supposed to be being candid? But you'll probably ignore this like my open letter to you yesterday.

This covers issues you have brought up...

You know the fighting is never going to stop. You won't change so they won't change and vice versa. They can't force you to change and you can't force them to change. Both sides have to have a reason to change and there's none here in this no man's land.

It wasn't always this way-- WHAT has caused this? WHO is going to answer truthfully? Any that do not will condemn themselves to the penalty of truth and much more grief to come.

You don't want moderation and now you're getting the unmoderation in full. Did you think that there is going to be restraint in a flame war? Everyone's worst comes out.

HC

Jun 3, 2022, 4:42:52 AM6/3/22
Atropine.

HC

Jun 3, 2022, 5:02:25 AM6/3/22
Forgive me. Atropine is NOT FDA approved for treatment of the death gurgle, but it works!

Ash Wurthing

Jun 3, 2022, 6:24:07 AM6/3/22
Good to know, hopefully I won't ever have to remember it...

Victor and Vanquished
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

As one who long hath fled with panting breath
Before his foe, bleeding and near to fall,
I turn and set my back against the wall,
And look thee in the face, triumphant Death,
I call for aid, and no one answereth;
I am alone with thee, who conquerest all;
Yet me thy threatening form doth not appall,
For thou art but a phantom and a wraith.
Wounded and weak, sword broken at the hilt,
With armor shattered, and without a shield,
I stand unmoved; do with me what thou wilt;
I can resist no more, but will not yield.
This is no tournament where cowards tilt;
The vanquished here is victor of the field.

Nice motivational poster material i must say...

HC

Jun 3, 2022, 6:36:49 AM6/3/22
Don’t worry, you won’t have to remember it. It’s like riding a bicycle.

Will Dockery

Jun 3, 2022, 8:45:56 AM6/3/22
On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 11:21:51 PM UTC-4, jdcha...@gmail.com wrote:
Good morning, Jordy.

As always, your unique perspective is enlightening.

Zod

Jun 3, 2022, 3:46:13 PM6/3/22
I think I remember where to find that one....

jdcha...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2022, 6:07:40 PM6/3/22
thank you, Will

Will Dockery

Jun 3, 2022, 8:16:47 PM6/3/22
Good evening, my friend.

jdcha...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2022, 9:02:47 PM6/3/22
bonjour, Will

Will Dockery

Jun 4, 2022, 12:28:01 AM6/4/22
Hello there, Jordy, great to see you.

Zod

Jun 4, 2022, 12:04:51 PM6/4/22
On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 8:45:29 AM UTC-4, NancyGene wrote:
> On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 11:23:54 AM UTC, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
>
> > > A silly young burro named Bobby
> > > Joined a poetry group for a hobby.
> > > His output was thin,
> > > But he tried to fit in
> > > By acting exceedingly snobby.
>

> "A silly old fool

Don't be so hard on yourself, Nancy G.... ha ha.

W-Dockery

Jun 4, 2022, 5:35:13 PM6/4/22
George J. Dance wrote:

> On 2022-06-02 8:45 a.m., NancyGene wrote:
>>> A silly old fool named Dance
>>> Once again pulled down his pants
>>> No one expressed any shock
>>> At the smallness of his cock
>>
>> "A silly old fool named Dance
>> Once again pulled down his pants
>> No one expressed any shock
>> At the smallness of his cock
>> Or the fuzziness of his thoughts
>> Since he cannot connect the dots"

> https://pennyspoetry.fandom.com/wiki/Limerick_(poetry)

Odd that Nancy Gene doesn't seem to understand the limerick form.

Ash Wurthing

Jun 4, 2022, 7:59:19 PM6/4/22
Odd that...

words don't matter to safe place fools
who can post any kind of spew and drool
one line canned response snitches
you're your auto correct's bitches
and words fail you, "poetry" big wigs
while you squeal like stigmatized pigs

Will Dockery

Jun 4, 2022, 9:11:38 PM6/4/22
Pretty good, but still not a limerick.

HTH and HAND.

W.Dockery

Jun 5, 2022, 12:30:42 PM6/5/22
George J. Dance wrote:

> On 2022-06-02 8:45 a.m., NancyGene wrote:
>>> A silly old fool named Dance
>>> Once again pulled down his pants
>>> No one expressed any shock
>>> At the smallness of his cock
>>
>> "A silly old fool named Dance
>> Once again pulled down his pants
>> No one expressed any shock
>> At the smallness of his cock
>> Or the fuzziness of his thoughts
>> Since he cannot connect the dots"

> https://pennyspoetry.fandom.com/wiki/Limerick_(poetry)

Exactly, whatever the value of the content, the replies aren't in limerick form.

Ash Wurthing

Jun 5, 2022, 1:12:53 PM6/5/22
I could care less about your requirements, you say there shouldn't be any rules, so quit being a control freak on a ego trip.

Have a sonnet, sodsucker!

Look out! Ash slaughters the sonnets... with an AI!

Ode to the Silence
A Sonnet by Ash

My glum silence, you inspire me to write.
I love the way you slither, writhe and fade,
Invading my mind day and through the night,
Always dreaming about your serenade.

Let me compare you to a dead ember?
You are more faded, desolate and glum.
Rum fogs hide the oceans of November,
And autumntime has the fated doldrum.

How do I love you? Let me count the ways.
I love your dark despair, echo and soul.
Thinking of your lost wail fills my days.
My love for you is the despairing howl.

Now I must away with a mournful heart,
Remember my doomed words whilst we're apart.

Will Dockery

Jun 5, 2022, 1:52:12 PM6/5/22
So, I pointed out that it wasn't a limerick, in case you didn't know.

🙂

Ash Wurthing

Jun 5, 2022, 2:12:27 PM6/5/22
On Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 1:52:12 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> So, I pointed out that it wasn't a limerick, in case you didn't know.

So you did, and I pointed out that I would defy, in case you couldn't read what I wrote...
Did you think after all of that mocking me with you being some kind of Who's Who, that I would stop because you're tired of what you created?

A silly hill billy named Willy
Here for the poetry yes really.
His output was chagrin,
And he couldn't fit in
By whining forgery so shrilly.

BTW: If you have something of Zu-Bolton, there's some online sites that might be interested in it since there's little about him available online.

W.Dockery

Jun 5, 2022, 2:20:15 PM6/5/22
That's fine, Ash.

I don't care if you're able to write a limerick or not.

🙂

Ash Wurthing

Jun 5, 2022, 2:31:50 PM6/5/22
On Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 2:20:15 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> That's fine, Ash.
>
> I don't care if you're able to write a limerick or not.

Nope you don't, you just care about posting when you feel you have something to say, even if it's you pointing out about something you're not "caring" about not being a limerick. I do love setting you boys' troll threads on fire...

General-Zod

Jun 5, 2022, 3:25:16 PM6/5/22
Not quite sure they understood that.....

Zod

Jun 5, 2022, 4:16:54 PM6/5/22
On Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 2:12:27 PM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 1:52:12 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > So, I pointed out that it wasn't a limerick, in case you didn't know.
> So you did, and I pointed out that I would defy

For what reason...?

Ash Wurthing

Jun 5, 2022, 4:20:01 PM6/5/22
What did you think this mess you help create would just simply stop because you're tired of it? But then again when you bump attack threads against Mr. Burrows, you lie about being peaceful...

General-Zod

Jun 5, 2022, 4:25:16 PM6/5/22
Ash Wurthing wrote:

> What did you think this mess you help create would just simply stop because you're tired of it?

Why not.../

All it would take to have peace is for both sides to stop fighting...!

Ash Wurthing

Jun 5, 2022, 7:39:22 PM6/5/22
You talk the talk but can you Acta Non Verba? I already leave your poetry threads alone, so I'm half way there-- where are you?

W.Dockery

Jun 5, 2022, 8:25:16 PM6/5/22
It takes both sides stopping to have peace.

Meanwhile, Michael Pendragon has started boasting about going full scale real life stalker mode.

And... so it goes.

Ash Wurthing

Jun 5, 2022, 11:34:37 PM6/5/22
Yes, it goes as you make it go. You lie when you speak about both sides being required for peace, but then you only make demands and offer no concessions in return-- you see what I mean about outsiders saying you come across as SELFISH?

There is no "us" in Will, just "i"

And I can play you hypocrites like a fiddle while the group burns-- you cast doubt on me being blind but if I joined your side you would then gladly use it as weapon against the others! I know your type, it would fit in perfectly with Nasty George's nasty tats strategy!

Produce your proof that's a serious charge you sling like all your other lies and misrepresentations you sling.

Will Dockery

Jun 5, 2022, 11:38:17 PM6/5/22
What concessions has your side offered, Ash?

Ash Wurthing

Jun 6, 2022, 12:19:34 AM6/6/22
On Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 11:38:17 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> What concessions has your side offered, Ash?

My war council of inner demons has yet to officially declare any concessions, although they have declared neutral parties as nom-combatants* and poetry threads neutral ground. As bad as I am, that's as good as you're gonna get.

* I left that typo in, 'cause we're rolling in laughter over it!
Nom! Nom! (Ash must be thinking of dinner!)
Yes, Ash makes fun of his typo's, I don't think it was here but Discord but while everyone was trying to be polite, I was making fun of myself and my "voting ballets" typo!

W-Dockery

Jun 6, 2022, 2:40:17 AM6/6/22
Ash Wurthing wrote:

> On Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 11:38:17 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> What concessions has your side offered, Ash?

> My war council of inner demons has yet to officially declare any concessions, although they have declared neutral parties as nom-combatants* and poetry threads neutral ground

That's a good start.

General-Zod

Jun 6, 2022, 6:25:15 PM6/6/22
George J. Dance wrote:

> A silly young burro named Bobby
> Joined a poetry group for a hobby.
> His output was thin,
> But he tried to fit in
> By acting exceedingly snobby.

Good limmerick...

Ash Wurthing

Jun 7, 2022, 12:17:44 AM6/7/22
Yes this is a good limerick
A silly young burro named Zoddy
Joined a poetry group for a hobby.
His output was thin,
But he tried to fit in
By acting exceedingly soddy.

Also Zod, Mr Burrows fits in the group better than you, Will or George Dance

Will Dockery

Jun 7, 2022, 12:21:53 AM6/7/22
On your side, agreed.

🙂

Ash Wurthing

Jun 7, 2022, 12:46:50 AM6/7/22
I left any on my side in their sanctuaries so to come to the wastelands of the Usenet. The only thing on my side is my inner demons and Oblivion.

And my inner demons and I have no beefs with Mr. Burrows, we consider him one of the neutral parties along with HC, Karen and some others that most likely have moved on now...

Only fools desiring their safe places erect fences
to herd their enemies into for imagined victories.
Fences serve no other purpose here for they don't stop trespasses,
they don't keep away the blight of the Usenet.

Now regarding maliciousness, it is simple arithmetic--
considering you practice the tit for tat,
that means you aim to one up someone--
so if your enemy is malicious, you will be aiming to outdo it,
making you even more malicious!

Will Dockery

Jun 7, 2022, 12:51:21 AM6/7/22
Now Ash, don't lie, you know you chose your side long ago.

It oozes from every post you make.

Will Dockery

Jun 7, 2022, 1:49:07 AM6/7/22
On Monday, June 6, 2022 at 6:25:15 PM UTC-4, Zod wrote:
The form isn't as easy as it looks.

Ash Wurthing

Jun 7, 2022, 1:59:04 AM6/7/22
I'm lazy, I don't bother with form any more so I can have more fun with words...

Concerning the sides, if you actually pay attention, your enemies don't engage with me much and I'm obviously not with any "plans" they may have because it obvious that I'm running amok over everyone that's in the threads I crash! I get the feeling that I'm getting the cold shoulder from them.

Will Dockery

Jun 7, 2022, 9:54:01 AM6/7/22
On Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at 1:59:04 AM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at 1:49:07 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > Good limmerick...
> > The form isn't as easy as it looks.
> I'm lazy, I don't bother with form any more so I can have more fun with words...

I've only begun tinkering with form in recent years.

> Concerning the sides, if you actually pay attention, your enemies don't engage with me much and I'm obviously not with any "plans" they may have because it obvious that I'm running amok over everyone that's in the threads I crash! I get the feeling that I'ma getting the cold shoulder from them.

Rocky Stoneberg

Jun 7, 2022, 6:00:13 PM6/7/22
George J. Dance wrote:

> On 2022-06-02 8:45 a.m., NancyGene wrote:

>>> A silly old fool named Dance
>>> Once again pulled down his pants
>>> No one expressed any shock
>>> At the smallness of his cock
>>
>> "A silly old fool named Dance
>> Once again pulled down his pants
>> No one expressed any shock
>> At the smallness of his cock
>> Or the fuzziness of his thoughts
>> Since he cannot connect the dots"

> https://pennyspoetry.fandom.com/wiki/Limerick_(poetry)

Quite interesting read, thanks....

Family Guy

Jun 7, 2022, 7:05:49 PM6/7/22
Why did you have to create another account, Zod?
Did Google tell you to go to Hell?

Family Guy

Jun 7, 2022, 7:06:02 PM6/7/22
On Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at 1:49:07 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
But you're a simpleton.
Surely everything is easy for you.

Will Dockery

Jun 7, 2022, 7:17:11 PM6/7/22
Says Family Guy, who's never written a poem in any form.

🙂

Will Dockery

Jun 10, 2022, 12:55:19 PM6/10/22
Apparently not.

Victor H.

Jun 10, 2022, 5:35:16 PM6/10/22
Such a sad state of affairs when anyone believes the words of Pendragon....

Will Dockery

Jun 11, 2022, 9:20:10 PM6/11/22
I know, right?

Ash Wurthing

Jun 11, 2022, 11:52:06 PM6/11/22
And so it goes, yes it does! Will knows all about sad ass state of affairs because he cannot help his sorry ass trolling that his buddy and he is direct at their favorite detractor and not their intended troll target. Your kudos to my work means nothing when you then turn around and troll me when I'm staying out of things. You obviously don't want peace with me so the recent truce is in the trash just like your word and any dignity you manage to fake... Prepare thy asses and the heads you have inserted far up them for a kicking.

Will Dockery

Jun 11, 2022, 11:57:43 PM6/11/22
On Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at 7:06:02 PM UTC-4, Family Guy wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at 1:49:07 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > Good limmerick...
> > The form isn't as easy as it looks.
> But you're

Your biggest obsession?

We know.

🙂

Family Guy

Jun 12, 2022, 12:00:32 AM6/12/22
I have written plenty of poems, Donkery.
Just because they have not been posted here does not mean that they do not exist.

Family Guy

Jun 12, 2022, 12:01:03 AM6/12/22
Donkey if your ego were any bigger it would have its own graviational pull.

Will Dockery

Jun 12, 2022, 12:05:21 AM6/12/22
Why do you seem afraid to post any poetry here, Dink?

🙂

Will Dockery

Jun 12, 2022, 5:37:50 PM6/12/22
I never denied my self confidence, Alex.

🙂

HC

Jun 12, 2022, 6:30:08 PM6/12/22
“Many are guilty of buying into the common misconception that ego and confidence are essentially the same thing. They equate both with a brazen attitude that’s seemingly unflappable under pressure. It’s even been said that taking on such an attitude at work will get you ahead in your career.

The reality, however, is that these two concepts are quite different. To have confidence is to have faith in your own abilities and believe in yourself, but the ego is something else, entirely. Unlike confidence, the ego operates out of self-interest. It seeks approval, accolades and validation at all costs in order to be seen as “right”. It is resistant to feedback and assigns motive where there isn’t any.“
https://www.forbes.com/sites/cywakeman/2015/11/23/confidence-vs-ego-the-difference-between-success-and-self-sabotage/?sh=66380f406d6a

Will Dockery

Jun 12, 2022, 6:42:54 PM6/12/22
On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 10:33:48 AM UTC-4, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> On 2022-06-02 9:21 a.m., Robert Burrows wrote:

> >> https://pennyspoetry.fandom.com/wiki/Limerick_(poetry)
> > Thanks for the link, George, but I chose not to respond with a Limerick.
>
> I didn't expect you to try one. The link was a reply to NG, in case they
> were interested.

I'm getting my first limericks ready, the plan is to tell a story with several limerick verses.

Stay tuned.

🙂

HC

Jun 12, 2022, 7:25:37 PM6/12/22
“I knew the master of the limerick, Tom Wentland,
and wrote quite a few limericks under his supervision
in 1997, in, of all places, his Math class at Columbus College.”

:)

W-Dockery

Jun 12, 2022, 7:50:12 PM6/12/22

<...>

> “I knew the master of the limerick, Tom Wentland,
> and wrote quite a few limericks under his supervision
> in 1997, in, of all places, his Math class at Columbus College.”

Since those attempts are lost (as far as I can tell), I don't count them and hate to think about them also, since those poems and several others are missing.

So, I'm making a new beginning with limericks.

HC

Jun 12, 2022, 7:53:18 PM6/12/22
“Good limerick, my goal this year is to write some limericks, my first ever.”

Will Dockery

Jun 12, 2022, 8:01:24 PM6/12/22
I doubt that anymore here cares about lost poetry I wrote 25 years ago, so I'm starting fresh to write some successful limericks.

HTH and HAND.

HC

Jun 12, 2022, 8:04:46 PM6/12/22
On Sunday, June 12, 2022 at 8:01:24 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> I doubt that anymore here cares about lost poetry I wrote 25 years ago, so I'm starting fresh to write some successful limericks.
>
> HTH and HAND.

People care about the truth.

NancyGene

Jun 12, 2022, 8:06:06 PM6/12/22
Dockery's excuse sounds about as legit as "born-again virgin."

Will Dockery

Jun 12, 2022, 8:09:21 PM6/12/22
No, I doubt anyone here cares about some poetry I wrote and misplaced twenty five years ago.

The writing was lost so I don't think about it much now.

HTH and HAND.

Ash Wurthing

Jun 12, 2022, 9:42:43 PM6/12/22
GET WRITING THEN!

"We could make a million laws to try to fix everything and all they will be is millions of words if no one takes them to heart."

Will Dockery

Jun 12, 2022, 10:12:09 PM6/12/22
I need to find a way to make the limerick form interesting to me, that's taking some time.

HC

Jun 13, 2022, 6:00:27 AM6/13/22
On Sunday, June 12, 2022 at 10:12:09 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> I need to find a way to make the limerick form interesting to me, that's taking some time.

Whitman’s Sampler

Before this gets any more hectic,
Realize that my style is eclectic
Currently, I think verse
as I read, write, rehearse,
then I sing my body electric.

I'll accede to fate for my fault.
I've littered that lettered assault
with reference to deference
and poetic preference,
'cause when I think Whitman, it's Walt.

You may read this, and think I am joking,
then wonder just what I’ve been smoking
to get me this high.
It’s obvious! Why,
I use “Leaves of Grass” when I’m toking!

W-Dockery

Jun 13, 2022, 12:35:15 PM6/13/22
George J. Dance wrote:

> On 2022-06-02 8:45 a.m., NancyGene wrote:
>>> A silly old fool named Dance
>>> Once again pulled down his pants
>>> No one expressed any shock
>>> At the smallness of his cock
>>
>> "A silly old fool named Dance
>> Once again pulled down his pants
>> No one expressed any shock
>> At the smallness of his cock
>> Or the fuzziness of his thoughts
>> Since he cannot connect the dots"

> https://pennyspoetry.fandom.com/wiki/Limerick_(poetry)

Exactly.

These attempts by the others above remind me of what I remember my attempts 25 years ago were similar to, decent tries at limerick, but flawed.

Since those are lost to time and were not successful either, I don't consider them worth discussing, except for possibly using similar "plot" ideas, say, from the Spring of 1997.

Now that's an interesting idea.

Rocky Stoneberg

Jun 13, 2022, 5:55:15 PM6/13/22
Quite a shame that the poetry was lost, Doc....

W-Dockery

Jun 14, 2022, 12:00:20 AM6/14/22
George J. Dance wrote:

> On 2022-06-02 5:36 p.m., HC wrote:

>>> You must be smoking some good weed again, pastor Corey...?
>>>
>>> Ha ha..........
>>
>> Sprinkle, Sprinkle.

> Oh, that reminds me: Ann Taylor, whose poem's on PPB this month, had a
> sister, Jane, who once started a poem with "Twinkle, twinkle ..."

> Anyway, I think I figured out your "potato" lim, and I can explain it to
> my "allies" and anyone else who cares to listen. Or you can, since I'm
> probably wrong.

What do you think about it George?

HC

Jun 14, 2022, 5:04:00 AM6/14/22
“Potato” is meant to be biting satire if you read between the lines,
a cruel joke if you take it personally, or a simple template for writing
limericks if you just want to have fun, depending on how you look at it.

Will Dockery

Jun 14, 2022, 11:34:54 AM6/14/22
My friend in Florida, Megan, mentioned that I left some notebooks and papers there when I quickly came back to Georgia in late 1999, and the poems might be with those, which she's been keeping for me there.

A couple of notebooks of poetry, which I used to carry with me, writing as I moved around.

HC

Jun 15, 2022, 5:46:16 AM6/15/22
I can’t imagine anyone saving my old notebooks for decades after I’d abandoned them.

W.Dockery

Jun 15, 2022, 11:35:11 AM6/15/22
George J. Dance wrote:

> On 2022-06-02 8:45 a.m., NancyGene wrote:
>>> A silly old fool named Dance
>>> Once again pulled down his pants
>>> No one expressed any shock
>>> At the smallness of his cock
>>
>> "A silly old fool named Dance
>> Once again pulled down his pants
>> No one expressed any shock
>> At the smallness of his cock
>> Or the fuzziness of his thoughts
>> Since he cannot connect the dots"

> https://pennyspoetry.fandom.com/wiki/Limerick_(poetry)

Again, nailed it.

HC

Jun 15, 2022, 3:32:50 PM6/15/22
The metrics of musical cadence,
amusingly start when we say “Dance”,
as if dancing was one
of the ways we have fun,
which is funny, but no coincidence.

Ash Wurthing

Jun 15, 2022, 3:33:21 PM6/15/22
On Wednesday, June 15, 2022 at 11:35:11 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
Again Will Dockery spams it!

This willy-nilly "real" poetry show
reeks of fetid flatulence flow
from an alcoholic poet's wet colic
overflowing with petulance vitriolic
spam spewage drowning any other content
in a cesspit of "not being a popularity contest"
And no plumber can fix this, by Gawd
this calls for a demolitions squad!
It is loading more messages.