Enough. I would like to call for a truce

Edward Rochester Esq.

Jun 12, 2023, 11:29:06 AM6/12/23
But 'truce' comes with certain agreements.

I want only for the burying of fellow poets work, to stop. There is no reason I post a poem and within minutes it seems the flies are disturbed and my work drops to the bottom of the page, soon landing on the next page. gone and forgotten.

Not much to ask for. Jordy must agree, if he wants to see some kind of peaceful gathering.

If Sulzbach returns, he must also agree.

If agreed, I will stop all my nonsense and post only poetry, which I started out doing, but circumstance soon changed that.

If not agreed it's back to business as usual.

Lets try a truce until the end of the month.

I do have my doubts about Bluebirds and Rainbows
but this daily nonsense should be given a try at truce.

I happen to believe that some here, want the war to continue and I think that is because they had no business in a poetry/comments group in the first
place.

Nothing to lose by trying.

If not, it's back to full out war, your mamma sucks dick kind of stuff, which of course keeps the new onlookers at bay.

I'm pretty sure I'm whistling Dixie.

The group as is, is much too diverse for peace. Our currant political climate is leading the way but lets try.

The bargaining table is open for discussion.

Family Guy

Jun 12, 2023, 11:37:57 AM6/12/23
On Monday, June 12, 2023 at 11:29:06 AM UTC-4, Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:
> But 'truce' comes with certain agreements.
>
> I want only for the burying of fellow poets work, to stop.

Well, with Sulzbach in jail / not in jail (depending on who you believe...), that still won't be possible, since Dockery loves himself so much that he bumps and necroposts threads on a literal hourly basis. Then there is his retarded (*seemed like the proper word at the time...) friend "Jordy" who apparently doesn't know how to use video chat, e-mail, text messages or a cell phone or landline. Or has a clue about how the Earth rotates on its axis, for that matter.

> There is no reason I post a poem and within minutes it seems the flies are disturbed and my work drops to the bottom of the page, soon landing on the next page. gone and forgotten.

There is---it's called narcissism and trolling.

> Not much to ask for. Jordy must agree, if he wants to see some kind of peaceful gathering.

Did you mention the name "Trump," that usually gets his attention.

> If Sulzbach returns, he must also agree.

We would hope Suzlbach is dead, but alas, that is probably not the case. It is more to the case that he was either evicted by law enforcement and thus cannot find an open wi-fi access easier, or, as theorized, he was arrested and could not make bail and is awaiting a court appearance.

Ash Wurthing

Jun 12, 2023, 3:25:37 PM6/12/23
On Monday, June 12, 2023 at 11:29:06 AM UTC-4, Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:
Ooooh, is that a truce table I see for me to jump upon for my soapbox? Is that negotiating parties for my captive audience?

Team Ash's presentation for these deliberations, we haz words for hammering this out...

"WE ARE FALLING OVER THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!
So gather your children before you
And tell them these are final days of all
And preach to the paupers
And sing to the slaves
Sing Sing Sing to the slaves
SING TO THE SLAVES THAT ROME BURNS!!"
--'Tribe of Nero'' ~~Primordial

(forgive, I've wrenched myself back to wretched Stateside time, I was communing with those across the sullen stormy seas)

A truce in such fractious situation a will take many small deliberate steps over time, sometimes done unilaterally and not always reciprocated in kind, and all to easy for the teetering house of cards we build to come tumbling down due to fickle provocation of tumultuous tempers...

W.Dockery

Jun 12, 2023, 6:35:16 PM6/12/23
Great, I've wanted the poetry group to have peace again for years.

If the malicious attack posts and troll threads end, we can move forward from there.

HTH and HAND.

ME

Jun 12, 2023, 7:25:28 PM6/12/23
So, will. Are you and yours prepared to to what it will take for this truce to transpire?

ME

Jun 12, 2023, 7:29:02 PM6/12/23
On Monday, 12 June 2023 at 19:25:28 UTC-4, ME wrote:
> On Monday, 12 June 2023 at 18:35:16 UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> > Great, I've wanted the poetry group to have peace again for years.
> >
> > If the malicious attack posts and troll threads end, we can move forward from there.
> >
> > HTH and HAND.
> So, will. Are you and yours prepared to do what it will take for this truce to transpire?

ME

Jun 12, 2023, 7:30:16 PM6/12/23
On Monday, 12 June 2023 at 19:25:28 UTC-4, ME wrote:
> On Monday, 12 June 2023 at 18:35:16 UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> > Great, I've wanted the poetry group to have peace again for years.
> >
> > If the malicious attack posts and troll threads end, we can move forward from there.
> >
> > HTH and HAND.
> So, will. Are you and yours prepared to do what it will take for this truce to transpire?

Ash Wurthing

Jun 12, 2023, 7:45:32 PM6/12/23
On Monday, June 12, 2023 at 6:35:16 PM UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> Great, I've wanted the poetry group to have peace again for years.
>
> If the malicious attack posts and troll threads end, we can move forward from there.

Like Dance's
"Re: Senetto and Senility"
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/psiW1OZVLAQ/m/HV1yjhc8BQAJ
If the thread was so "innocent" and not wrong as you claim, why did Dance delete his post starting the thread? (hence the RE: to the thread title)
I would hazard a guess that he just wanted a thread, without anything to tie him in with it, with that title for Will, Zod and Jordy to keep bumping every day just to keep provoking Senetto. Dance already admitted to doing such tricks before- posting something he knew his friends would keep bumping up to the top.

LIke Dance's
"The Ashtroll's stupid Shakespeare quote"
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/cQx-pzvZMR8/m/F0xma2QAAQAJ

Nice coming from someone who said to my commentary on his work:
George Dance
Apr 18, 2023, 8:29:03 PM
That was a fair crit. It actually reminded me of the negative part of Manwolf's crit of the 2009 version:

(let me post more of Dance's hypocrisy about his so called measured tat ethic-- I didn't attack his poetry as the quotes will prove so he by his own rules had no reason to attack mine with what Will says is wrong-- error laming (see below))

W-Dockery
Nov 27, 2022, 1:29:21 PM
"The point remaining that all of us make mistakes sometimes, even NancyGene.."
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/4SUDGMNvESU/m/cjRrASXNBAAJ

You were in these threads attacking, blatantly bumping to provoke, But you deny that these are attack threads or that your crew does exactly what you say is wrong. So your concept of peace is equally skewed...
You just want peace for you on your terms, while you continue to have your crew post attack threads against others for you to bump to avenge your wounded pride for any little slight like pointing out a typo or criticizing you for constantly spamming with bump posts with nothing worth posting, necroposting your old work (all of which on any legit forum would have gotten you booted)...

I know exactly what you fear, what's your weakness, you are powerless and cannot help yourself and will be cursed to this fate that you created.

ME

Jun 12, 2023, 8:32:46 PM6/12/23
Ash, you are preaching to the church!!
I complain understand what you’re saying.
I hope others do as well.

ME

Jun 12, 2023, 8:39:59 PM6/12/23
> Ash, you are preaching to the choir.
> I completely understand what you’re saying.
> I hope others do as well.

It’s up to will, dance and jordi’s uncle whether or not this will work.

Zod is out of the equation.

Let’s see if they really want harmony in the game group.

Will Dockery

Jun 12, 2023, 8:46:58 PM6/12/23
It should be a simple matter of tit for tat, no malicious attacks from your side, none in return from mine.

If everyone here is interested in peace then we can have peace.

HTH and HAND.

Ash Wurthing

Jun 12, 2023, 8:56:55 PM6/12/23
> I completely understand what you’re saying.
> I hope others do as well.

Thank you as always, I do enjoy making these sermons.
Rather than wait for grand truce arrangements-- don't get me wrong, I do love truce negotiations-- crashing them of course-- as you saw; I commit to my own truces and ceasefires as I trudge through the crossfire.

Fighting cannot realistically be stopped completely but it can be constrained to a few fight threads rather dragging out every old fight thread from their graves, like was done this weekend by someone that obviously has nothing else to occupy them other than posting nothings on Losenet... yes it looks like someone has become a has been with only glory day memories to keep them goin'.
Message has been deleted

Ash Wurthing

Jun 12, 2023, 9:09:38 PM6/12/23
To gain wisdom to guide, one must part with an eye
so as to turn that blind eye to the ego's glamour that falsely beguiles
For peace of mind, so to not lose one's way,
to abandon that wisdom, one must smother their ego

My Muse said to Hell with meter
the Hell with conventions and rhythm
Poetic peace is a lie to lull the reader
For there's only the passion of gut wrenched prose

You methodical votaries may love your metered refinement
but this unlettered heathen is prone to incitement
unfettered by straitjacketed precepts and uncowed by your dour indictments
So strident a mess I make of this word craft, you'll have to put me away into solitary confinement

Ash Wurthing

Jun 12, 2023, 9:18:46 PM6/12/23
On Monday, June 12, 2023 at 9:02:18 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> Reposted, as it applies to the original thread, as well.
>
> Senetto, you seem to be asking that when you post a poem that we should not post anything after that so as not to "bury" your poem. I don't see that as a realistic possibility, because it would mean not posting on the group, which goes against the reason why the poetry group exists.
>
> My main focus for a truck isn't that, it's the malicious troll and attack posts that would need to cease, not for all posting to cease.
>
> Give peace a chance.

If you haven't noticed, I've been holding off-- I had so much more to barrage those attack threads against me with, especially the Transphobia thread.
Yes, I've been preoccupied* elsewhere but I already have the posts composed and can fire them right off, regardless of where else I may be, right from my editor.

*I'll be making a post about the podcast-- the history behind one of the songs that have the most moving lyrics that I quote here-- it's been selected as one of the best 200 metal songs of all time...

Actually I got two other places online I must be right now-- surprise impromptu poetry recitals

ME

Jun 12, 2023, 9:26:41 PM6/12/23
I knew you would post a stupid, ignorant response to this.

Thanks, will, for not disappointing.

W.Dockery

Jun 12, 2023, 9:30:12 PM6/12/23
Reposted, as it applies to the original thread, as well.

Senetto, you seem to be asking that when you post a poem that we should not post anything after that so as not to "bury" your poem. I don't see that as a realistic possibility, because it would mean not posting on the group, which goes against the reason why the poetry group exists.

My main focus for a truce isn't that, it's the malicious troll and attack posts that would need to cease, not for all posting to cease.

Give peace a chance.

🙂

W.Dockery

Jun 12, 2023, 9:45:11 PM6/12/23
Are you willing to go along with the truce, ME?

ME

Jun 12, 2023, 9:45:26 PM6/12/23
However, the fact that you owe in excess of $54,0000 in back child support, is a hoot!

Plus what Joey mom could sue you for.
But what would anyone get from a deadbolt, useless piece of shit like you? You’ve got nothing. You can’t even afford the free hovel you inherited.

You are irrelevant, will.

ME

Jun 12, 2023, 9:53:18 PM6/12/23
But other than that, I might be open to a truce, will.

What do say will? Can you abide by the terms?

W.Dockery

Jun 12, 2023, 9:55:12 PM6/12/23
ME wrote:

> On Monday, 12 June 2023 at 21:30:12 UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> Reposted, as it applies to the original thread, as well.
>>
>> Senetto, you seem to be asking that when you post a poem that we should not post anything after that so as not to "bury" your poem. I don't see that as a realistic possibility, because it would mean not posting on the group, which goes against the reason why the poetry group exists.
>> My main focus for a truce isn't that, it's the malicious troll and attack posts that would need to cease, not for all posting to cease.
>>
>> Give peace a chance.
>>

> However, the fact that you owe

I believe you're mistaken.

HTH and HAND.

ME

Jun 12, 2023, 11:41:17 PM6/12/23
On Monday, 12 June 2023 at 21:45:11 UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> Are you willing to go along with the truce, ME?
If you are willfully g to abide by the guidelines, will.

ME

Jun 12, 2023, 11:52:13 PM6/12/23
On Monday, 12 June 2023 at 21:45:11 UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> Are you willing to go along with the truce, ME?

Yes. As long as you, jordi’s uncle, dance and zod also abide by the same rules.

W.Dockery

Jun 13, 2023, 12:25:15 AM6/13/23
ME wrote:

> On Monday, 12 June 2023 at 21:45:11 UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> Are you willing to go along with the truce, ME?

> Yes. As long as you, jordi’s uncle, dance and zod also abide by the same rules.

No malicious attack posts?

Yes, I can do that, if the attacks from your side end.

George Dance

Jun 13, 2023, 12:43:36 AM6/13/23
On Monday, June 12, 2023 at 9:45:26 PM UTC-4, ME wrote:
> On Monday, 12 June 2023 at 21:30:12 UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> > Reposted, as it applies to the original thread, as well.
> >
> > Senetto, you seem to be asking that when you post a poem that we should not post anything after that so as not to "bury" your poem. I don't see that as a realistic possibility, because it would mean not posting on the group, which goes against the reason why the poetry group exists.
> > My main focus for a truce isn't that, it's the malicious troll and attack posts that would need to cease, not for all posting to cease.
> >
> > Give peace a chance.
> >

> However, the fact that you owe in excess of $54,0000 in back child support, is a hoot!

Will owes more than half a million dollars in back child support? What's your source for that figure?

Will Dockery

Jun 13, 2023, 12:57:49 AM6/13/23
She's confused, and not a good way to start a truce.

W.Dockery

Jun 13, 2023, 3:35:14 AM6/13/23
Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:

> But 'truce' comes with certain agreements

True, and it seems unlikely that you'd be able to get your side to agree.

W.Dockery

Jun 13, 2023, 5:15:11 AM6/13/23
The real problem here was and is the malicious troll and attack posts.

For a truce to happen, those would need to end.

Could we really expect your side to end that negative, cyberbully behavior, Senetto?

(Reposted for continuity.)

Michael Pendragon

Jun 13, 2023, 9:25:08 AM6/13/23
There can be no truce so long as you and your socks continue to ignore the guidelines.

If you want a truce the following terms must be adhered to:

1) NO posts consisting of greetings to and from "Jordy."
2) Links to published poetry *must* include original comments.
3) To stop poetry and conversations from becoming buried, ALL members must limit themselves to 25 posts a day.

These three terms are merely a matter of common decency and respect for others in a topic-specific discussion group.

If you and your socks will treat others with consideration by following the guidelines, the attack posts from other members will stop.

If you are unwilling to do so, no truce will ever take place.

Will Dockery

Jun 13, 2023, 12:24:04 PM6/13/23
Like I said yesterday, great, I've wanted the poetry group to have peace again for years.

If the malicious attack posts and troll threads end, we can move forward from there.

And so it goes.

Michael Pendragon

Jun 13, 2023, 12:41:35 PM6/13/23
That is not the way that treaties work, Donkey.

You can't say "Give in to all of my demands, and we can discuss yours afterwards."

I'm willing to stop attacking you in any of my posts, and will discourage others from attacking you as well. I'm even willing to stop calling you "Donkey."

But you have to agree to my terms as well:

1) No posts greeting "Jordy,"
2) No links without original comments,
3) A 25 post per day limit.

If you agree to abide by these rules, *then* we pick a time/date to begin and we *both* start honoring the terms of the contract *at the same time.*

*****
But of course this is all just bullshit on your part, as we've been down this same road many times before. Even if everyone stopped attacking you today, you would grant no concessions, but simply tell us to "skip and ignore" your posts.

W.Dockery

Jun 13, 2023, 1:10:13 PM6/13/23
Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at 12:24:04 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> Like I said yesterday, great, I've wanted the poetry group to have peace again for years.
>> If the malicious attack posts and troll threads end, we can move forward from there.
>> And so it goes.

> That is not the way that treaties work

That's the way this one needs to work.

The malicious attacks and troll posts end, and we can move forward from.

HTH and HAND.

Michael Pendragon

Jun 13, 2023, 1:32:17 PM6/13/23
That will not happen.

You obviously do *not* wish for peace.

Will Dockery

Jun 13, 2023, 1:36:47 PM6/13/23
And you claim to wish for peace?

Why do you lie so much, Michael Pendragon?

🙂

Michael Pendragon

Jun 13, 2023, 2:24:20 PM6/13/23
Peace is only achieved if *both* sides make agreements/concessions.

If you want to have peace, you need to agree to the terms.

When you refuse to agree to my terms, but insist that your own terms must be granted *before* you will even come to the table, you are not asking for peace, but for an unconditional surrender.

Unfortunately for you, you don't have the power to make such demands.

Consider the following quote from George Dance:

[START QUOTE]

Great quote. That is exactly how the saner elements in every nation (and every poetry group) interact:
(1) I want something from you;
(2) I offer you something in return;
(3) We trade, and walk away happier.
Unfortunately, the less sane elements don't seem to understand how that works.

[END QUOTE]

You don't have anything I want.
I am only willing to offer you peace out of respect to the others members who desire it.
Man who looks gift horse in mouth risks losing honorable thumb." -- Lt. Charlie Chan

Will Dockery

Jun 13, 2023, 2:26:45 PM6/13/23
At least you admit that you don't really want peace, Pendragon.

No surprise there.

🙂

Gregory Morrow

Jun 13, 2023, 2:33:07 PM6/13/23
In article <e2e373fc-8e0b-4429...@googlegroups.com>, michaelmalef...@gmail.com says...
Get a room, queers.

--
GM

Michael Pendragon

Jun 13, 2023, 2:48:51 PM6/13/23
< plonk >

Gregory Morrow

Jun 13, 2023, 3:41:27 PM6/13/23
In article <ca90cac4-9af0-4add...@googlegroups.com>, michaelmalef...@gmail.com says...
You're a google-tard, you don't have a killfilter, dimbulb.

--
GM

Ash Wurthing

Jun 13, 2023, 6:45:31 PM6/13/23
Kehän tähän piirsi ensimmäinen jumalista
Nuo häkeltyneet raukat sitä jätti kiertämään

Ash Wurthing

Jun 13, 2023, 7:03:00 PM6/13/23
On Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at 1:10:13 PM UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
Nope, if your spam, your attack/troll posts as well, didn't serve my purpose, I would leave you and your crew here to pursue that ever elusive pursuit for acclaim from a phantom audience, to struggle in solitary desperation... although I would return to gander at the spectacle so to be reminded of this precautionary tale-- not to be blind self indulgent enslaved fools, pursuing empty aspirations of the selfish ego...

Ash Wurthing

Jun 13, 2023, 7:17:16 PM6/13/23
On Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at 12:24:04 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
I notice you only say that the other side/s posts and threads must stop but your side's is still allowed to go on, with posts that are just the same as the ones you condemn, like this one:
George Dance May 6, 2023, 7:47:49 AM
"I don't know why you think [RR] reads aapc. (AFAIK, he does nothing but post his blog links here.) Or why you can win a libel suit over usenet comments. (You can ask Cujo about that.) But, just in case he is reading, let's give him something to sue about."
"[RR] is a hater. Being a left-wing anarchist hater, he hates non-leftists of all kinds (whom he calls "chuds".) His blog posts are almost invariably rants about them and what he imagines is going on in their minds. I'm sure he celebrates the death of every "chud". And, to repeat:"
"[RR] was inciting the killing of so-called transphobes, you were cheering it on, and the Nashville shooter was acting on it. You're three peas in a pod: All haters, all promoters of violence against their real or perceived enemies."
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/BIG7nL8ZUEQ/m/4BC9FGjeAAAJ

(1) Now RR wasn't involved in any of this flame war, so why was he attacked? Obviously because Dance saw a chance to get at me, so he went after an innocent victim (in the flame war) to do so.
(2) Now, RR's blog posts are no different than yours or Dance's blog posts (links)-- so attacks against those posts of yours and Dance's are perfectly acceptable by Dance's own actions, which you didn't protest so you came across as supporting his actions.
(3) If RR was so vile as Dance accuses, which you defended Dance while he did it, why do you call RR a "Usenet friend," thank him for posting his blog posts and give him holiday greetings?