The "elections" story

George J. Dance

Apr 26, 2022, 11:34:41 AM4/26/22
I'm senile, so forgive me
blackpo...@aol.com
Apr 25

...but it seems a man of Mensa stature could explain how one loses
all the political races he entered, 0 for 10, I believe

I suspect Jim Senetto doesn't want an answer, and is just trolling
again. I think, though, that it is a good idea to give him an
explanation and putting it here. That way it doesn't turn into "Karma
Bombs"-type story, as I can just give him the link instead.

(1) First, I was running as a Libertarian. Libertarians hardly ever win
elections because they don't have the money or manpower (and they don't
have the money or manpower because it's known they don't win elections).
A winning campaign can cost anywhere from $100,000 to over $1,000,000;
even U.S. Libertarian Parties can't afford that, and Canada's LPs are
much smaller.

(2) Second, in all but 2 of those campaigns I was running just to help
preserve the party's ballot access. (There was a federal law, now struck
down by the courts, that a party had to run a minimum number of
candidates each election.) In all but one of those I spent nothing; in
that one, I spent about $100 on newspaper advertising, and got 1,000
votes for it. Nowhere close to $100,000.

The other 2 campaigns, I was running as Party Leader in a byelection.
While I did get a campaign of sorts, with signs and pamphlets, I doubt
it cost more than $1,000; the party used the campaign for its own
fundraising, and kept the money for itself. Again, not even close to
$100,000.

I should add that, even if I could raise $100,000 to spend on an
election campaign, I wouldn't waste that kind of money on such a risky
gamble [see (1)].

, and then winds up
being in the Doc/Zod posse, defending idiocy.

Perhaps Dance is just not what he says he is...smart.

I'll await the eighteen page answer.

Thanks

Edward Rochester Esq.

Apr 26, 2022, 11:41:36 AM4/26/22
Summation: You're a failed politician.

Next question: Why support fools like Dockery and Sulzbach having a Mensa mind with supposed superiority.

Michael Pendragon

Apr 26, 2022, 12:27:59 PM4/26/22
Actually, this was the only question being asked, and (unsurprisingly) George not only failed to address it, but presented a summary of his political career as a smoke screen.

So let's drop all the qualifying elements (politician, Mensa member) and ask the question straight out:

George Dance, why do you support a pair of illiterate trolls who constantly spam, bump, necropost, whine, attack and otherwise disrupt AAPC?

Michael Pendragon
"Haw... Hee Haw… Hee Haw."
-- Will Donkey

Will Dockery

Apr 26, 2022, 1:11:51 PM4/26/22
On Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 11:34:41 AM UTC-4, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:

Well put.

General-Zod

Apr 26, 2022, 3:40:12 PM4/26/22
George J. Dance wrote:

> I'm senile, so forgive me
> blackpo...@aol.com
> Apr 25

> ....but it seems a man of Mensa stature could explain how one loses
Good reading G.D.

General Zod

Apr 26, 2022, 4:40:41 PM4/26/22
Seconded....

W-Dockery

Apr 28, 2022, 10:05:11 PM4/28/22
George J. Dance wrote:

> I'm senile, so forgive me
> blackpo...@aol.com
> Apr 25

> ....but it seems a man of Mensa stature could explain how one loses
Interesting back story.

General Zod

Apr 29, 2022, 4:16:43 PM4/29/22
On Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 11:41:36 AM UTC-4, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> Summation: You're xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Summation: you are a feeble minded ole FOOL, Senetto......ha ha...

General Zod

May 13, 2022, 12:56:30 PM5/13/22
On Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 1:11:51 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
Agreed....

W.Dockery

May 16, 2022, 2:00:18 PM5/16/22
Since the politics references are back, this thread is worth a read.

W-Dockery

May 21, 2022, 9:55:19 AM5/21/22
Since the topic is certain to come up again.