Shidoshi David Dow reputation

Alex Guggenheim

Feb 22, 2002, 10:48:55 AM2/22/02
Does anyone know of a shidoshi named David Dow, in Torrance,
California? I am considering training with him, and was wondering if
anybody knew if he was a reputable instructor or not. I understand he
trained in Japan under Dr. Hatsumi, but I was hoping to hear from
someone who has trained under him.

Also, any information regarding the reputation of Kevin Millis, of
California, would be appreciated.

If you would rather keep your comments private, please e-mail me
directly.

Thanks, I'd appreciate any help anyone can give.

bencole

Feb 22, 2002, 2:09:54 PM2/22/02
alex_gu...@hotmail.com (Alex Guggenheim) wrote in message news:<2596adf0.02022...@posting.google.com>...

> Does anyone know of a shidoshi named David Dow, in Torrance,
> California? I am considering training with him, and was wondering if
> anybody knew if he was a reputable instructor or not. I understand he
> trained in Japan under Dr. Hatsumi, but I was hoping to hear from
> someone who has trained under him.

David trained in Japan for several years and is a consummate "Nagato"
guy...like me. :) You have my assurances that he is legit and a fine
representation of Taijutsu. He's also a nice guy. :)

> Also, any information regarding the reputation of Kevin Millis, of
> California, would be appreciated.

Kevin is at least a judan. I haven't seen, nor heard from Kevin in
quite a while; I didn't know he was still training/teaching/whatever.
When I left Japan last year, it'd been a while since I'd seen him in
Japan.

-ben

Alex Guggenheim

Feb 22, 2002, 7:37:41 PM2/22/02
Thanks for the information; I will probably look them up.

If anyone knows of any other Bujinkan instructors in the Los Angeles
area, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Dennis Mahon

Feb 25, 2002, 4:16:36 PM2/25/02
alex_gu...@hotmail.com (Alex Guggenheim) wrote in message news:<2596adf0.02022...@posting.google.com>...
> Thanks for the information; I will probably look them up.
>
> If anyone knows of any other Bujinkan instructors in the Los Angeles
> area, please feel free to let me know.
>
> Thanks

Try the Yellow Pages over at http://www.winjutsu.com

Hans Gonzalez

Mar 5, 2002, 6:54:21 PM3/5/02

> Also, any information regarding the reputation of Kevin Millis, of
> California, would be appreciated.

I've known Kevin for many years, and can attest to his having an impecable
reputation. He is about the only US shihan that seems to truly respected
and welcome by all the various factions in the US. He is one of the few
shihan I have seen that has not become so ensconsed in higher level training
that he has trouble relating to the problems facing a new practitioner.

He was an 11th dan last I had heard, but had pased his dojo in Irvine to one
of his senior students. I'm not sure if he is teaching regular classes, but
he puts on outstanding seminars all over the US and Europe. Well worth
checking him out.

mollyp...@gmail.com

May 1, 2019, 3:48:57 PM5/1/19
Kevin's the worst!... He can not possibly help you! Kevin Millis