Angel Fish Eggs,,,,HELP!

Leah Valdimarsson

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
My angel fish laid eggs again. I took them out still attached to the filter
pipe, removed all the white (fungas) eggs, put them in their own small tank
with an air stone and Methy Blu. After a few hours all the eggs had turned
white! What did i do wrong? I'm wondering if i made a BIG mistake when i
removed the eggs by lifting the pipe out of the water???

Regards,

Leah

Daniel Carle

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
First question: Are you sure you have a male and a female?

Daniel

FrankKay

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
I've had young ones pair off & both lay eggs.Had this happen with black
angel eggs before also, or most would fungas till I started removing them in
jar, underwater. Did you install an airstone? Total darkness? Sometimes a
young male doesn't do his job right the 1st time or two.....FRANK
Daniel Carle <dca...@americasm01.nt.com> wrote in message

Zella

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 22:03:39 -0500, "FrankKay" <Fran...@apci.net>
wrote:

>I've had young ones pair off & both lay eggs.Had this happen with black
>angel eggs before also, or most would fungas till I started removing them in
>jar, underwater. Did you install an airstone? Total darkness? Sometimes a
>young male doesn't do his job right the 1st time or two.....FRANK

Black angel eggs? Isn't that good, Frank? My breeding angelfish just
spawned on the slate a couple nights ago and we moved it to other tank
with methylene blue. They look like black to me. lol A very few
white eggs. Ok, where can I see a picture of what fertilized eggs
really look like? I'd like to have a look. I am very inexperienced.
Thanks.

Zella

patch...@my-deja.com

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
Dear Leah,
I'm not sure why you took the eggs from the parents.
Is it because they are in a community tank?
If so what you did by taking the eggs out & exposing them wouldn't
have made a little bit of difference.
I've found that you don't need to separate the parents from the
eggs unless they are threatned by other fish in the tank.
(Or sometimes one of the parent fish).
If this happens you just remove the parent that is being a renegade.

If you do remove th eggs....there are SO many problems to solve...ie
how are you going to feed those tiny little fish? Even if the fish
hatched without getting fungus they will soon die without the parents
looking after them.
It is said in some books that you can raise these fish without
parents, but I've found without parents it's impossible.
With the parent's there can be a major success.
Please send an email with any questions as I don't always have time
to check DejaNews.
Pat
In article <JZhq3.3211$yW6....@news4.atl>,

"Leah Valdimarsson" <l...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> My angel fish laid eggs again. I took them out still attached to the
filter
> pipe, removed all the white (fungas) eggs, put them in their own small
tank
> with an air stone and Methy Blu. After a few hours all the eggs had
turned
> white! What did i do wrong? I'm wondering if i made a BIG mistake when
> removed the eggs by lifting the pipe out of the water???
>
> Regards,
>
> Leah

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

FrankKay

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
No,no,no, the dark eggs are good! I did it again. I met the fish,my
breeders,are black. Their eggs are almost 1/2 the size of the
silver,gold,etc.,eggs & when exposed to the air, I'll lose most of them.
Same with the black angel fry, by selling size,about 50% have died.They just
tend to be weaker than the other angles....FRANK

Leah Valdimarsson

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
Yes, i have a male and a female in a community tank ( thus, the reason i had
to take the eggs) I watched her lay the eggs and him fertilize them. If
other fish aggrivate them the angels eat their eggs. This is the 6th batch
and so far i have not been able to save one single baby.
Thanks for all your advices.
Regards,
Leah

Daniel Carle <dca...@americasm01.nt.com> wrote in message
> First question: Are you sure you have a male and a female?
>
> Daniel

FrankKay

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
Pat, 2 reasons to remove angelfish eggs : #1 - If they are in a community
tank,even with good parents, shortly after free swim, the fish population of
the tank, will pick'em off one by one. #2 - If one keeps their breeding
angelfish in their own breeding tank, then I would think one wants to raise
as many as one could ! By removing the eggs,the breeding angels will breed
again in 7 to 10 days - 3 or 4 times in 30 days=100s &100s of angel fry.If
left with the parents to raise, the parents will not breed for @ least 40 to
50 days=loss of 2 to 3 spawns,100s & 100s fry.Eather way, YOU still have to
feed the fry, not the parents & this is where the trouble comes in.With out
the parents, one can feed the fry in a 1gal. jar the first week, starting
with 1/2 gal.so the fry can find the food & the bottom of the jar can be
cleaned easy. On the other hand, fry in a tank big enough to house the
parents, 50% die the 1st week from not being able to find enough food due to
the amount of water or space they have to find food.... Then again,if one
just wants to watch the parents raise the young, 8/12 fry in the community
tank might make it & in the breeding tank with the parents,
25/50.......FRANK
<patch...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Dear Leah,
> I'm not sure why you took the eggs from the parents.
> Is it because they are in a community tank?
> If so what you did by taking the eggs out & exposing them wouldn't
> have made a little bit of difference.
> I've found that you don't need to separate the parents from the
> eggs unless they are threatned by other fish in the tank.
> (Or sometimes one of the parent fish).
> If this happens you just remove the parent that is being a renegade.
>
> If you do remove th eggs....there are SO many problems to solve...ie
> how are you going to feed those tiny little fish? Even if the fish
> hatched without getting fungus they will soon die without the parents
> looking after them.
> It is said in some books that you can raise these fish without
> parents, but I've found without parents it's impossible.
> With the parent's there can be a major success.
> Please send an email with any questions as I don't always have time
> to check DejaNews.
> Pat
> In article <JZhq3.3211$yW6....@news4.atl>,
> "Leah Valdimarsson" <l...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > My angel fish laid eggs again. I took them out still attached to the
> filter
> > pipe, removed all the white (fungas) eggs, put them in their own small
> tank
> > with an air stone and Methy Blu. After a few hours all the eggs had
> turned
> > white! What did i do wrong? I'm wondering if i made a BIG mistake when
> > removed the eggs by lifting the pipe out of the water???
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Leah

Zella

Aug 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/7/99
On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 21:35:44 -0500, "FrankKay" <Fran...@apci.net>
wrote:

>No,no,no, the dark eggs are good! I did it again. I met the fish,my
>breeders,are black. Their eggs are almost 1/2 the size of the
>silver,gold,etc.,eggs & when exposed to the air, I'll lose most of them.
>Same with the black angel fry, by selling size,about 50% have died.They just
>tend to be weaker than the other angles....FRANK

ok ok ok forget what I said yesterday. lol The eggs have just
hatched!!! woohoo Those cute tiny wiggling things. BUT if I didn't
know they were eggs to start with, I'd think they were bugs or
something and would freak out! (I hate bugs!!!) My gosh, I have a
BIG job ahead of me now! Might have a trillion of questions soon.
Not really. Maybe a dozen. ;o)

And I forgot to mention that I have a black slate they are on. Maybe
that's why they look black to me. duh

And yes, I've read enough information on how to raise baby fry,
especially changing water every day, feeding them with stained yolk
and then baby brine shrimp (after they are free swimming), culling
them later (sob sob), etc. But this is my first time, tho. Half of
them will die, I know. This will be a part I'd hate to watch. :o(

I am planning on letting my breeding angelfish raise other spawn by
themselves. I only have these two angelfish and two young corydoras
in 55 gal tank anyway. The parents were mad at me after the eggs were
removed from them by going to their corner when I approached. They
actually snubbed me. That really made me feel bad. lol

The male is marble and female is wild (normal kind)

Zella

FrankKay

Aug 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/7/99
Zella, skip feeding the eggyoak,angel fry are large enough @ free swim to
eat baby brine.Their first food is their own yoaksacks.When it's gone, it's
time to feed the baby brine....FRANK

andrei...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2019, 6:53:52 PM4/4/19

I wrote a blog post on this topic... https://www.angelfishcanada.com/post/angelfish-eggs