Velveeta--Because You're Worth It

1 view

Gypsy

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96

Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
ignored entirely?

Gypsy

piglet

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96

Because Velveeta is the Barry Manilow of foods.

piglet
--
**MP-Zu...@csu.edu** --siqua usdi*piglet--
"We never made any trade. Part of the Indians gave up their

Penny Freshwater

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96
to MP-Zu...@csu.edu

But, piglet, the Mexican Velveeta nuked on corn chips is just orgasmic!

Gypsy

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96

In article <322EAA...@csu.edu>, MP-Zu...@csu.edu says...

Gypsy wrote (with obvious cynicism):

>> Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
>> ignored entirely?

To which piglet replied (cutely, confusedly, and cryptically):

>Because Velveeta is the Barry Manilow of foods.

The Barry Manilow of "foods"? Mercy, I never suggested that Velveeta (or
Spam) could be classified as "food". I simply feel that if a Spam Queen
exists, then so should a Velveeta Queen. I hereby nominate "piglet".

Gypsy

Tim Henderson

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...

>Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
>ignored entirely?

If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
(Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).

I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".

Papabear

Gypsy

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Papabear wrote:

>If you guys think Spam and Velveeta are bad, you should try Haggis

>(Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).

>I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
>while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
>Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".

>Papabear

An Aussie friend introduced me to Vegemite years ago, but even her own
children switched to peanut butter. It's a little like boiling down soy sauce
until it becomes 1% soy syrup and 99% salt (no offense to our Aussie
friends--after all, my brothers and I used to refer to peanut butter as
"choke butter").

Vienna sausage would be palatable only if you were the sole survivor of a
plane crash in the remote Andes--and we know what the alternative would be.

Haven't tried Haggis or Bludwurst, but that last one has a title too scary to
contemplate.

Gypsy

piglet

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Gypsy wrote:

> In article <322EAA...@csu.edu>, MP-Zu...@csu.edu says...
> >
> Gypsy wrote (with obvious cynicism):
> >>
> >> Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> >> ignored entirely?
> >>

> To which piglet replied (cutely, confusedly, and cryptically):
>
> >Because Velveeta is the Barry Manilow of foods.
>
> The Barry Manilow of "foods"? Mercy, I never suggested that Velveeta (or
> Spam) could be classified as "food". I simply feel that if a Spam Queen
> exists, then so should a Velveeta Queen. I hereby nominate "piglet".
>
> Gypsy

Not now, not nohow, not never,not noway! God and my waistline know I'll
eat just about anything but I draw the line at Velveeta! I have a
longstanding relationship with the stuff which involves hidden alarm
systems at all doors and windows which go off if anybody even tries to
bring the stuff in my house.

piglet, doing a lot of "ptui" at the thought of Velveeta.

Chip Taylor

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

In article <50o7fr$a...@news3.realtime.net>, papa...@bga.com (Tim Henderson) wrote:
>In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...
>>
>>Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
>>ignored entirely?
>
>If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
>(Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
>
>I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
>while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
>Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
>
>Papabear

Spam, Velveeta, and Vienna sausages! Food of the Gods! Don't forget Potted
Meat! My family leaves the house whenever I open the can.

Maureen Kowalski

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

>But, piglet, the Mexican Velveeta nuked on corn chips is just orgasmic!

Double Ditto!!

Moe Money

Leamon Hinkle

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Penny Freshwater wrote:

> But, piglet, the Mexican Velveeta nuked on corn chips is just orgasmic!

Well, now, thanks a lot Penny, and I have been wasting money on wine and song.

Leamon, old geezer gonna buy some of them two pounders of Velveeta come Saturday

James Romines

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

My fellow appies,

All this talk of synthetic, plastic, processed food is making me
nauseous!! Piglet is right: Velveeta is ersatz Barry Manilow type
food!! If you eat that stuff, your body will stay preserved in the
casket about 30 years longer. Can't we talk about cooking green
beans in the pot for hours, and then eating those soft mushy
wonders. Now that's Appalachian Food. Also, I took a Northern Irish
(who is about 30) co-worker to Cracker Barrel and I suggested that she
try chicken and dumplins and corn bread. She had never heard or ate
them before in her life, and she loved 'em.

Spreading Appalachia to the rest of the world,

Nolichucky

Gypsy wrote:

> Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> ignored entirely?
>

> Gypsy

piglet

Sep 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/6/96

Chip Taylor wrote:

> In article <50o7fr$a...@news3.realtime.net>, papa...@bga.com (Tim Henderson) wrote:
> >In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...
> >>
> >>Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> >>ignored entirely?
> >
> >If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
> >(Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
> >
> >I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
> >while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
> >Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
> >
> >Papabear
> >

> Spam, Velveeta, and Vienna sausages! Food of the Gods! Don't forget Potted
> Meat! My family leaves the house whenever I open the can.

To add the ethnic aspect to the haggis and vegemite line---kishka. Can't
stand the kosher kind (basically no flavor, just kasha), but the Polish
stuff has to go in the same class with Spam! If you've never met it,
I've been known to describe it as "blood & guts"...basically, it's a
blood sausage with barley....spouse was raised on it as Saturday lunch,
fried and drowned in ketchup. Guess you could call it Polish corned beef
hash....

piglet

Richard m

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

> gy...@fred.net (Gypsy) wrote in article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>...

> Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> ignored entirely?
>

> Gypsy

Herb Caen in the San Francisco Chron used to have a lot to say about
Velveeta. Wonder is he is still saying it.

Wondering Richard

Jacqueline

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote:

>Gypsy wrote:

>> To which piglet replied (cutely, confusedly, and cryptically):
>>
>> >Because Velveeta is the Barry Manilow of foods.
>>
>> The Barry Manilow of "foods"? Mercy, I never suggested that Velveeta (or
>> Spam) could be classified as "food". I simply feel that if a Spam Queen
>> exists, then so should a Velveeta Queen. I hereby nominate "piglet".
>>
>> Gypsy

>Not now, not nohow, not never,not noway! God and my waistline know I'll
>eat just about anything but I draw the line at Velveeta! I have a
>longstanding relationship with the stuff which involves hidden alarm
>systems at all doors and windows which go off if anybody even tries to
>bring the stuff in my house.

>piglet, doing a lot of "ptui" at the thought of Velveeta.

>--
>**MP-Zu...@csu.edu** --siqua usdi*piglet--
>"We never made any trade. Part of the Indians gave up their
> lands; I never did. The earth is a part of my body, and I never
>gave up the earth." ---Toohulhulsote.

Gypsy-J crawling away in a corner as I admit I like Velveeta, it makes
the best pimento cheese "samaches"

Richard m

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

<50mnmu$j...@neon.house.gov>...

> But, piglet, the Mexican Velveeta nuked on corn chips is just orgasmic!

Yeah and its called Nachos

to remind you of machos??

Wonderin Richard

Tom Dier

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

James Romines wrote:

> My fellow appies,
>
> All this talk of synthetic, plastic, processed food is making me
> nauseous!! Piglet is right: Velveeta is ersatz Barry Manilow type
> food!! If you eat that stuff, your body will stay preserved in the
> casket about 30 years longer. Can't we talk about cooking green
> beans in the pot for hours, and then eating those soft mushy
> wonders. Now that's Appalachian Food. Also, I took a Northern Irish
> (who is about 30) co-worker to Cracker Barrel and I suggested that she
> try chicken and dumplins and corn bread. She had never heard or ate
> them before in her life, and she loved 'em.
>
> Spreading Appalachia to the rest of the world,
>
> Nolichucky
>

> Gypsy wrote:
> >
> > Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> > ignored entirely?
> >
> > Gypsy

When I was married to my first wife we used to go to a health food co-op
and order health food. This was about 20 years ago. Don't get me wrong,
these were all good people, but we were all at an age (mid twenties)
where we took ourselves and our role in the world too seriously.
Processed food and sugar were no - no's. Almost sacreligious.

My former spouse made veggie burgers, and wanting to add a little zest
to them she topped them off with slices of Velveeta. Neither one of us
said anything as the burgers vanished in a matter of a few minutes.

We never did tell what our secret ingredient was that had everybody
raving.

Love and peace,

Tom -
older and wiser - 20 years later.

jad...@ramlink.net

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

> papa...@bga.com (Tim Henderson) writes:
>. And while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
> Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".

Well, I'll have to admit to being a fan of Spam (baked in the oven, like a ham) but Vienna sausages are really
pushing it :-) I used to eat them when I was a kid with LOTS of crackers and only after making sure to drain
off that jelly-like stuff and rinse them first! If any of you are in the Morehead area, you might have seen a
cooking show on the University station called "The Vienna Chef"... it was a RIOT!!! He made Vienna
popsicles, Vienna jello, Vienna milkshakes, you name it..... really disgusting, hilarious stuff :-)

Jeanetta
jad...@ramlink.net

I wake up in the morning,
life knocks me down...
Wipe the blood off my mouth,
and I go another round.

- Rob McNurlin
http://www.hepcat.com/beatnik

Maureen Kowalski

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

> wonders. Now that's Appalachian Food. Also, I took a Northern Irish
> (who is about 30) co-worker to Cracker Barrel and I suggested that she
> try chicken and dumplins and corn bread. She had never heard or ate
> them before in her life, and she loved 'em.

Along the same lines, my brother worked in Switzerland for a couple
years, and one time he and a colleague came stateside on business in
Ohio.One night at dinner my brother ordered pumpkin pie for dessert.
His buddy never ate pumpkin pie before, let alone saw a pumpkin up close
and personal. He ordered some, and enjoyed it with my brother.

Moe Money waiting for the pumpkin harvesting to begin

Jacqueline

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Leamon Hinkle <pl...@tcnet.net> wrote:

>Penny Freshwater wrote:
>>
>> But, piglet, the Mexican Velveeta nuked on corn chips is just orgasmic!

>Well, now, thanks a lot Penny, and I have been wasting money on wine and song.

>Leamon, old geezer gonna buy some of them two pounders of Velveeta come Saturday

Leamon, Lana had better watch you tonight if you go and buy them 2
lbs of Velveeta.

gypsy-j

piglet

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Jacqueline wrote:

> Gypsy-J crawling away in a corner as I admit I like Velveeta, it makes
> the best pimento cheese "samaches"

Now now no need for that....you can even have my share!

piglet

piglet

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

James Romines wrote:

> My fellow appies,
>
> All this talk of synthetic, plastic, processed food is making me
> nauseous!! Piglet is right: Velveeta is ersatz Barry Manilow type
> food!! If you eat that stuff, your body will stay preserved in the
> casket about 30 years longer. Can't we talk about cooking green
> beans in the pot for hours, and then eating those soft mushy
> wonders.

Howbout homemade sausage? Anybody still do that?

Jacqueline

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

James Romines <jrom...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>My fellow appies,

> All this talk of synthetic, plastic, processed food is making me
> nauseous!! Piglet is right: Velveeta is ersatz Barry Manilow type
> food!! If you eat that stuff, your body will stay preserved in the
> casket about 30 years longer. Can't we talk about cooking green
> beans in the pot for hours, and then eating those soft mushy

> wonders. Now that's Appalachian Food. Also, I took a Northern Irish
> (who is about 30) co-worker to Cracker Barrel and I suggested that she
> try chicken and dumplins and corn bread. She had never heard or ate
> them before in her life, and she loved 'em.

> Spreading Appalachia to the rest of the world,

> Nolichucky

All I can say about the Cracker Barrel's chichken and dumplings is if
you like them mine would drive you wild. That is one meal I never
want to experience at the Cracker Barrel again. Gag, and chicken and
dumplings are my favorite meal, but not from the cracker barrel.

Reminds me of a pathologist that I once worked with, he was talkin'
about how good the food was at the hospital and how it reminded him of
Mother's. I looked at him and said, "no ofense but if this reminds
you of Mother's she sure couldn't cook."

Gypsy-J
better cook than the Cracker Barrel

Maureen Kowalski

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

>Gypsy-J crawling away in a corner as I admit I like Velveeta, it makes
>the best pimento cheese "samaches"

Don't forget about grilled cheese with a bowl or cup of Campbell's
tomato soup on a rainy day for lunch

MoeMoney, my mouth is watering.

Leamon Hinkle

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Gypsy wrote:

> Papabear wrote:
>
> >If you guys think Spam and Velveeta are bad, you should try Haggis

> >(Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
>
> >I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And

> >while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
> >Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
>
> >Papabear
>
> An Aussie friend introduced me to Vegemite years ago, but even her own
> children switched to peanut butter. It's a little like boiling down soy sauce
> until it becomes 1% soy syrup and 99% salt (no offense to our Aussie
> friends--after all, my brothers and I used to refer to peanut butter as
> "choke butter").

Gypsy, I am still determined to try Vegemite.

> Vienna sausage would be palatable only if you were the sole survivor of a
> plane crash in the remote Andes--and we know what the alternative would be.

Ain't gonna go eaten any fellow Appies, but vienna sausages, rolled up in canned
buscuits and fried (pigs in a blanket) are pretty good to me.

> Haven't tried Haggis or Bludwurst, but that last one has a title too scary to
> contemplate.

I would try both, but especially the haggis...but isn't there a fried bread stuff
called haggis as opposed to the Scotish ones?

> Gypsy

Leamon, still looking for Vegemite

Leamon Hinkle

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Tim Henderson wrote:

> In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...
> >
> >Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> >ignored entirely?
>
> If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis

> (Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
>
> I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
> while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
> Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
>
> Papabear

Papabear, I have always wanted to try haggis, and I have been doing all I can
to find a kind Australian person who will send me a sample of Vegemite. I have
had so many descriptions, I just don't know what to think. The last one was
that it is sorta like boiled down and salty soy sauce...that sounds pretty
good to me...an anchovie paste eater.

Leamon, willing to try "stange but different foods"

Leamon Hinkle

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Chip Taylor wrote:

> In article <50o7fr$a...@news3.realtime.net>, papa...@bga.com (Tim Henderson) wrote:
> >In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...
> >>
> >>Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
> >>ignored entirely?
> >
> >If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
> >(Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
> >
> >I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
> >while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
> >Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
> >
> >Papabear
> >

> Spam, Velveeta, and Vienna sausages! Food of the Gods! Don't forget Potted
> Meat! My family leaves the house whenever I open the can.

Nor Deviled Ham, either, Chip!!!

Leamon, eat what I like, let 'em leave..Krogers been selling potted meat 4/dollar

Gypsy

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

In article <50sq08$b...@news.campus.mci.net>, jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci

>All I can say about the Cracker Barrel's chichken and dumplings is if
>you like them mine would drive you wild. That is one meal I never
>want to experience at the Cracker Barrel again. Gag, and chicken and
>dumplings are my favorite meal, but not from the cracker barrel.

From one gypsy to another, "Amen, amen". I tried the place once and
couldn't stomach a morsel. Ditto "The Black Eyed Pea". Emulating
"Southern" food is about as effective as faking a "Southern accent"...
..oughta be a law.

Gypsy

piglet

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Lotsa mustard on the samich and tomato rice for the soup...but I'm with
ya!

Piglet (don't use velveeta, use imitation pasteurized processed cheese
food spread....)

piglet

Sep 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/7/96

Jacqueline wrote:

> Reminds me of a pathologist that I once worked with, he was talkin'
> about how good the food was at the hospital and how it reminded him of
> Mother's. I looked at him and said, "no ofense but if this reminds
> you of Mother's she sure couldn't cook."
>
> Gypsy-J
> better cook than the Cracker Barrel

University of Chicago Hospitals is one of the major teaching/innovating
hospitals in the world. Food is fairly decent. Still, not my primo
choice of places to eat....since what's next door to the cafeteria is
pathology........just makes me narvis<G>

piglet

ps Borgess Hosp. in Kalamazoo has a Pizza Hut in the cafeteria, only
hospital I've met that's succumbed to the fast foodies, but there must
be more......

Jacqueline

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Leamon Hinkle <pl...@tcnet.net> wrote:

>Tim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> In article <50ljft$f...@news.fred.net>, gy...@fred.net says...
>> >
>> >Why is it that Spam has garnered such notoriety while Velveeta has been
>> >ignored entirely?
>>
>> If you guys think Spam and Velveeta re bad, you should try Haggis
>> (Scotland), Bludwurst (Germany), and Vegemite (Australia).
>>
>> I will say that Velveeta is why I never liked cheese as a kid. And
>> while I'd like to give Spam a bad rap, it can't hold a candle to
>> Vienna sausages for "What Not To Eat Unless You Have To".
>>
>> Papabear

>Papabear, I have always wanted to try haggis, and I have been doing all I can

>to find a kind Australian person who will send me a sample of Vegemite. I have
>had so many descriptions, I just don't know what to think. The last one was
>that it is sorta like boiled down and salty soy sauce...that sounds pretty
>good to me...an anchovie paste eater.

>Leamon, willing to try "stange but different foods"

Leamon, I do not want any anchovie paste, but I am with you on trying
the haggis and vegemite. I like to try different things and I have
heard about vegemite here on and on the cooking news groups so much
that I have a desire to try it.

gypsy-J

Jennifer Elam

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Summit Hosp. in Nashville has a McDonalds in it's cafeteria. Last time I
went to St. Thomas Hosp. in town with my mom, their food area looked like
the mall...lots of little food wagons with juices and bottled water.

Jen
--
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/3209/top.htm

piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote in article <32324F...@csu.edu>...

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 16:37:01 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu>' wrote:

>> Gypsy-J crawling away in a corner as I admit I like Velveeta, it makes
>> the best pimento cheese "samaches"
>
>Now now no need for that....you can even have my share!
>
>piglet

crawling into corner with Gypsy-
J in case she decides to share her Velveeta,,gonna make a Velspammich..and
then take a nap..LOL mmmmmmmmm..

Imma knowing what Herms getting for Sunday lunch..have a great one..lol

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 17:14:51 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'Gypsy' wrote:

>From one gypsy to another, "Amen, amen". I tried the place once and
>couldn't stomach a morsel. Ditto "The Black Eyed Pea". Emulating
>"Southern" food is about as effective as faking a "Southern accent"...
>..oughta be a law.
>
>Gypsy

Ya talking to your self again girl,, LOL

Immulating Gypsy.. Hello Imma how are ya,,Fine thank yu for asking...LOL

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 17:16:26 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'Maureen Kowalski <kowa...@andrew.cmu.edu>' wrote:

>Don't forget about grilled cheese with a bowl or cup of Campbell's
>tomato soup on a rainy day for lunch
>
>MoeMoney, my mouth is watering.

Imma slipping a bib round Moes neck.. don't want to mess up that pretty
blouse now do you?? LOL

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 18:09:18 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'Leamon Hinkle <pl...@tcnet.net>' wrote:

>Ain't gonna go eaten any fellow Appies, but vienna sausages, rolled up in

>canned
>buscuits and fried (pigs in a blanket) are pretty good to me.

and dipped in melted Velveeta...mmm mmmm boy, youre coming to your
senses..LOL

Imma loves pigs in a blanket..

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 21:34:45 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci.net (Jacqueline)' wrote:

>>Leamon, old geezer gonna buy some of them two pounders of Velveeta come
>Saturday
>
>Leamon, Lana had better watch you tonight if you go and buy them 2
>lbs of Velveeta.
>
>gypsy-j

Leamon and 2 pounds of Velveeta = fluttering sheets and Lana on the couch
for the night..LOLOLOL Imma just teasing Leamon,,and dont be gitting on
Lana, it was just a wild guess..LOLOL

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 17:55:48 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'Leamon Hinkle <pl...@tcnet.net>' wrote:

>Leamon, willing to try "stange but different foods"

Why aint I surprised that a strange and different person would like strange
and different foods..LOL

Haggais (sp) is only good with a full water glass of single malt wiskey.and
a cute Scot playing Amazing Grace on the bagpipes,,

Imma wondering what hes wearing under that skirt...LOL

Long live Robbie Burns....

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Sep 07, 1996 21:36:41 in article <Re: Velveeta--Because You're Worth

It>, 'jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci.net (Jacqueline)' wrote:

>Reminds me of a pathologist that I once worked with, he was talkin'
>about how good the food was at the hospital and how it reminded him of
>Mother's. I looked at him and said, "no ofense but if this reminds

Mother's WHAT ?? yuckkkk

Imma not eating with no pathologist who compares his food to anything....

EMTP4355

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

In article <32324F...@csu.edu>, piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> writes:

>Borgess Hosp. in Kalamazoo has a Pizza Hut in the cafeteria, only
>hospital I've met that's succumbed to the fast foodies, but there must
>be more......

Ft Sanders Regional in Knoxville has Pizza hut in it also. Have you been
in a new Walmart Super Store? They all have some sort of fast food.
Crossville and Cookville both have McDonalds.

Joseph K. Murphy, EMT-P
KF4KEK
emtp...@aol.com

It's a free country (USA) and I have my own ideas on every thing whether
you agree or not

Sally Wallace

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

In article <50tj6q$j...@news.campus.mci.net>, jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci.net (Jacqueline) wrote:

>Leamon, I do not want any anchovie paste, but I am with you on trying
>the haggis and vegemite. I like to try different things and I have
>heard about vegemite here on and on the cooking news groups so much
>that I have a desire to try it.
>
>gypsy-J

Hey, gypsy-J! Do you have access to the Dekalb International Farmers'
Market in Atlanta? Pretty sure they have the vegemite there...can't imagine
why, tho....

Sally

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote in article <32324F...@csu.edu>...

> Jacqueline wrote:
>
> > Reminds me of a pathologist that I once worked with, he was talkin'
> > about how good the food was at the hospital and how it reminded him of
> > Mother's. I looked at him and said, "no ofense but if this reminds

> > you of Mother's she sure couldn't cook."
> >
> > Gypsy-J
> > better cook than the Cracker Barrel
>
> University of Chicago Hospitals is one of the major teaching/innovating
> hospitals in the world. Food is fairly decent. Still, not my primo
> choice of places to eat....since what's next door to the cafeteria is
> pathology........just makes me narvis<G>
>
> piglet
>

> ps Borgess Hosp. in Kalamazoo has a Pizza Hut in the cafeteria, only

> hospital I've met that's succumbed to the fast foodies, but there must
> be more......

Piglet, I have never worried about Pathology and food, use to do a lot of
work in the morgue and for some reason, it just never did bother me.

Gypsy-J
would have like to have been an undertaker

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

We have made sausage in my lifetime, I would say in the past 10 years or
less, but do not like it as well as some of the store bought brands.
--
Gypsy-J
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4249

piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> wrote in article <3231EB...@csu.edu>...

> James Romines wrote:
> >
> > My fellow appies,
> >
> > All this talk of synthetic, plastic, processed food is making me
> > nauseous!! Piglet is right: Velveeta is ersatz Barry Manilow type
> > food!! If you eat that stuff, your body will stay preserved in the
> > casket about 30 years longer. Can't we talk about cooking green
> > beans in the pot for hours, and then eating those soft mushy
> > wonders.
>

> Howbout homemade sausage? Anybody still do that?
>
> piglet

johnn...@haz-uky.campus.mci.net

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

In article <50t35r$f...@lex.zippo.com>, Gypsy says...

>In article <50sq08$b...@news.campus.mci.net>, jcol...@scc-uky.campus.mci
>>>

>>All I can say about the Cracker Barrel's chichken and dumplings is if
>>you like them mine would drive you wild. That is one meal I never
>>want to experience at the Cracker Barrel again. Gag, and chicken and
>>dumplings are my favorite meal, but not from the cracker barrel.
>>

>From one gypsy to another, "Amen, amen". I tried the place once and
>couldn't stomach a morsel. Ditto "The Black Eyed Pea". Emulating
>"Southern" food is about as effective as faking a "Southern accent"...
>..oughta be a law.
>
>Gypsy
>
>Fer ever and ever Amen. Cracker Barrel may be a great place for someone
who doesn't know any better, but that establishment is no place to get
authentic Southern cuisine. I mean to tell you they can't even make gravy
fit to eat. I hate to admit this, but for real honest to goodness Southern
cooking you have to start with the most basic ingredient-- Hog Lard.
Johnnybetterstartlookingafterhischolesterollevelbecausemyancestorsonlylived
tobeintheirninetiesCombs

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Moe, That is my very favorite soup, guess I eat it once or twice a week.

Now for them there samaches, how do most folks fix theirs?
No not another page, just wonderin' this sunday morning.

My mother always fixed them in the oven under the broiler, myself, I like
to put lots of butter in a skillet and fry them, nephew likes mine the
best.

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com wrote in article
<50u4ft$n...@news2.h1.usa.pipeline.com>...

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

I have never had a fried vienna, thought the only way to eat those things
was straight out of the can. Oh, well, live and learn.

BTW, when I was growin' up I use to love vienna, now it just don't taste
that good, is it Imma gettin' older and smarter or did they change it?

msmu...@usa.pipeline.com wrote in article
<50u50s$n...@news2.h1.usa.pipeline.com>...

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

> >From one gypsy to another, "Amen, amen". I tried the place once and
> >couldn't stomach a morsel. Ditto "The Black Eyed Pea". Emulating
> >"Southern" food is about as effective as faking a "Southern accent"...
> >..oughta be a law.
> >
> >Gypsy
> >
> >Fer ever and ever Amen. Cracker Barrel may be a great place for someone
> who doesn't know any better, but that establishment is no place to get
> authentic Southern cuisine. I mean to tell you they can't even make
gravy
> fit to eat. I hate to admit this, but for real honest to goodness
Southern
> cooking you have to start with the most basic ingredient-- Hog Lard.

Johnnybetterstartlookingafterhischolesterollevelbecausemyancestorsonlylived
> tobeintheirninetiesCombs

Johnny, I don't use hog lard, but sure do use the bacon grease, "at least
it ain't pure lard", but my grandmother lived to be 90 years old and her
cholestrol was normal up until the day she died. I can remember her taking
bread and wiping the grease out of a skillet and eatin' it. Would have
bet her cholestrol was high but it wasn't.

I may get flamed and laughed at for saying this, but my opinion is that it
is more in the genes than in what we eat.

Gypsy-J
former cholesterol tester.

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Fort Sanders, now that is my choice of hospitals in Knoxville, even tho' I
worked at Baptist. Did not know they now had a pizza hut, but they always
had pretty good food, but then of course it was catered and not cooked on
the premises even back in the early 80's.

Walmart in Hazard and Middlesboro, Kentucky also have Mc Donalds in them.

EMTP4355 <emtp...@aol.com> wrote in article
<50ufhl$h...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>...

> In article <32324F...@csu.edu>, piglet <MP-Zu...@csu.edu> writes:
>

> >Borgess Hosp. in Kalamazoo has a Pizza Hut in the cafeteria, only
> >hospital I've met that's succumbed to the fast foodies, but there must
> >be more......

Gypsy-J

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

No offense Sally but Georgia is a long ways from Kentucky and that is where
both Leamon and I live. I have only been throught Ga. once in my life and
don't plan on going again.
But Thanks,

Sally Wallace <sc...@centuryinter.net> wrote in article
<50uhjj$r...@news.ot.centuryinter.net>...

Gy...@fred.net

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

In article <50u4db$m...@news2.h1.usa.pipeline.com>, msmu...@usa.pipeline.com
says...(for reasons unknown):

>Hello Imma how are ya,,Fine thank yu for asking...LOL

Velveeta's doing its thing again. Rough on the brain cells.

Gypsy